Author Topic: All Elite Wrestling  (Read 15313 times)

Humble Narcissist

  • Getbig V
  • *****
  • Posts: 10588
Re: All Elite Wrestling
« Reply #25 on: October 03, 2019, 11:22:39 AM »
Anyone watch the first episode of AEW yesterday?

MCWAY

  • Getbig V
  • *****
  • Posts: 17295
  • Getbig!
Re: All Elite Wrestling
« Reply #26 on: October 09, 2019, 03:54:29 PM »
That's the thing, the days of huge physiques in wrestling is over. Its taken a different turn.

Brock Lesnar, Braun Strowman, Big E, and Bobby Lashley ain't exactly cruiserweights.

Playboy

  • Moderator
  • Getbig V
  • *****
  • Posts: 11273
  • If the bar ain't bending, you're just pretending
Re: All Elite Wrestling
« Reply #27 on: October 22, 2019, 08:19:10 AM »
Brock Lesnar, Braun Strowman, Big E, and Bobby Lashley ain't exactly cruiserweights.
No, but thats only 5% of the roster. The other 95% weigh as much as my right leg....

stingray

  • Getbig III
  • ***
  • Posts: 655
Re: All Elite Wrestling
« Reply #28 on: October 26, 2019, 02:39:26 AM »
No, but thats only 5% of the roster. The other 95% weigh as much as my right leg....

Ha ha Iíve said it before bring back steroids,the wellness policy should crack
Down on the hard drugs like heroin,cocaine,Ice etc

MCWAY

  • Getbig V
  • *****
  • Posts: 17295
  • Getbig!
Re: All Elite Wrestling
« Reply #29 on: October 29, 2019, 09:34:28 AM »
No, but thats only 5% of the roster. The other 95% weigh as much as my right leg....

Tell that to the Viking Raiders, Heavy Machinery, Drew McIntyre, and Baron Corbin as well. They may not be the most muscular cats (except for McIntyre), but they ain't shrimp.

Playboy

  • Moderator
  • Getbig V
  • *****
  • Posts: 11273
  • If the bar ain't bending, you're just pretending
Re: All Elite Wrestling
« Reply #30 on: October 31, 2019, 05:27:14 AM »
Tell that to the Viking Raiders, Heavy Machinery, Drew McIntyre, and Baron Corbin as well. They may not be the most muscular cats (except for McIntyre), but they ain't shrimp.
With the exception Mcintyre, the rest mentioned are just big agile overweight men. They are not on any gas whatsoever nor are they muscular by any means.

Montague

  • Moderator
  • Getbig V
  • *****
  • Posts: 14538
  • "TV ratings don't matter."
Re: All Elite Wrestling
« Reply #31 on: November 09, 2019, 08:37:27 AM »
All the money in the world won't matter if they can't put out a compelling product that makes people want to watch it each week.  Which means they are going to have to go back to the old school way of booking and developing angles/feuds.   Something Vince doesn't know how to do.


Vince knows how to do it; he simply "won't" for whatever reason(s).

I honestly expected some changes towards days of past when the Fed re-signed Bruce Prichard, but the bits and pieces of recent shows I've caught suggest otherwise.
Very disappointing.

MCWAY

  • Getbig V
  • *****
  • Posts: 17295
  • Getbig!
Re: All Elite Wrestling
« Reply #32 on: November 09, 2019, 12:49:14 PM »
With the exception Mcintyre, the rest mentioned are just big agile overweight men. They are not on any gas whatsoever nor are they muscular by any means.

You don't have to be muscular (or muscular-looking) to be using anabolics. There was a powerlifter named Grizzly Brown, who used steroids for years. He was as pudgy-looking as you could get.

Jake "the Snake" Robert used anabolics. No one mistaked him for Mr. Universe. And how many times did Alberto Del Rio have to "break" Rey Mysterio's arm because Mysterio got popped on WWE's wellness test? He was among the alleged customers from the dealer that hooked up Chris Benoit.


Not to mention one Eddie "Umaga" Fatu. Mr. Olympia-material, he was not.

That's one of the biggest myths, that only the muscular dudes are using performance-enhancing drugs.

Playboy

  • Moderator
  • Getbig V
  • *****
  • Posts: 11273
  • If the bar ain't bending, you're just pretending
Re: All Elite Wrestling
« Reply #33 on: November 12, 2019, 04:57:23 AM »
You don't have to be muscular (or muscular-looking) to be using anabolics. There was a powerlifter named Grizzly Brown, who used steroids for years. He was as pudgy-looking as you could get.

Jake "the Snake" Robert used anabolics. No one mistaked him for Mr. Universe. And how many times did Alberto Del Rio have to "break" Rey Mysterio's arm because Mysterio got popped on WWE's wellness test? He was among the alleged customers from the dealer that hooked up Chris Benoit.


Not to mention one Eddie "Umaga" Fatu. Mr. Olympia-material, he was not.

That's one of the biggest myths, that only the muscular dudes are using performance-enhancing drugs.

Yes, we are aware of that, but when I say "wrestlers on steroids" i'm talking the regular users all era's - The Bulldogs, Hercules, The Road Warriors, Rick Rude, Hogan, Warrior, Edge (in his ripped heyday), Eddie Guerrero, The Young Stallions, Sting, Goldberg, Warlord, Barbarian, etc etc etc. Not the guys like Umaga who tampered with HGH for a few months to shed a few pounds and help recuperate from nagging injuries. Jake tampered with them, but s we all know, preferred cocaine and crack. 

ponal

  • Getbig III
  • ***
  • Posts: 407
Re: All Elite Wrestling
« Reply #34 on: November 12, 2019, 05:02:07 AM »
Wrestling with another man is Gay

Humble Narcissist

  • Getbig V
  • *****
  • Posts: 10588
Re: All Elite Wrestling
« Reply #35 on: November 12, 2019, 12:09:05 PM »
Wrestling with another man is Gay
And here you are on the wrestling board. ???