Author Topic: New York Bill Allowing Abortions Up to Birth  (Read 6073 times)

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
Re: New York Bill Allowing Abortions Up to Birth
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2019, 03:31:05 PM »
About fucking time!!

Up to birth you sick fuck?

SOMEPARTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2019, 03:31:07 PM »

AbrahamG

• Getbig V
  • Team Pfizer
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2019, 03:33:26 PM »
Up to birth you sick fuck?

No.  I'd say up to 48 hours post birth.

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2019, 03:36:50 PM »
Too bad we can't abort liberals after birth into adulthood.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2019, 03:38:24 PM »
This x million

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2019, 03:45:09 PM »
This x million

typical hypocritical fundie

oh wait, that's redundant

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #8 on: January 23, 2019, 03:46:59 PM »
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #9 on: January 23, 2019, 03:56:47 PM »
Disgusting POS

https://www.lifenews.com/2019/01/16/new-york-bill-allowing-abortions-up-to-birth-says-a-person-is-only-a-human-being-who-has-been-born/

Twisted:

The bill appears to restrict late-term abortions, but it adds a broad “health” exception for abortions after 24 weeks. The exception would allow women to abort unborn babies up to nine months of pregnancy for “age, economic, social and emotional factors, rather than the biological definition of ‘health’ that normally comes to mind,” according to New York RTL.

Moontrane

• Getbig V
  • a Harris administration, together with Joe Biden
« Reply #10 on: January 23, 2019, 06:04:32 PM »
Twisted:

The bill appears to restrict late-term abortions, but it adds a broad “health” exception for abortions after 24 weeks. The exception would allow women to abort unborn babies up to nine months of pregnancy for “age, economic, social and emotional factors, rather than the biological definition of ‘health’ that normally comes to mind,” according to New York RTL.

In most of Europe it's until 12 weeks, with some exceptions.  NY lawmakers are out of their minds.

Princeton’s Peter Singer must love this.

Cuomo's signaling his 2020 prez bid and hoping for a legal challenge that will go to the SCOTUS.  A 2-for-1 via an awful means.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: January 23, 2019, 06:17:17 PM »
In most of Europe it's until 12 weeks, with some exceptions.  NY lawmakers are out of their minds.

Princeton’s Peter Singer must love this.

Cuomo's signaling his 2020 prez bid and hoping for a legal challenge that will go to the SCOTUS.  A 2-for-1 via an awful means.

Yeah we've talked about that guy on this board before.  I think loco was the one who first posted him? 

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: January 24, 2019, 03:19:53 PM »
Not taking a position on this, because there seems to be no definitive answer as to when life begins, only when it ends.

What I know is that I had two adopted sisters (one died a few years ago). Had their birth mothers aborted them, my mom may never have fulfilled her decade long desire to have more children and I may never have gained the freedom to become an adult on my own terms.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: January 24, 2019, 03:23:18 PM »
Not taking a position on this, because there seems to be no definitive answer as to when life begins, only when it ends.

What I know is that I had two adopted sisters (one died a few years ago). Had their birth mothers aborted them, my mom may never have fulfilled her decade long desire to have more children and I may never have gained the freedom to become an adult on my own terms.

You cannot take a position on killing a healthy baby from a healthy mother minutes before birth?? 

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: January 24, 2019, 04:04:41 PM »
You cannot take a position on killing a healthy baby from a healthy mother minutes before birth?? 

That's not what I posted. You missed the point. When does life begin? When is a fetus a human being? The answer is that there are fervently differing and opposing opinions as to when life begins and a baby is a baby, the health of which is not an absolute until after it is born.

In the United States, the maternal death rate averaged 9.1 maternal deaths per 100,000 live births during the years 1979–1986, but then rose rapidly to 14 per 100,000 in 2000 and 17.8 per 100,000 in 2009. In 2013 the rate was 18.5 deaths per 100,000 live births.

Stillbirth effects about 1% of all pregnancies, and each year about 24,000 babies are stillborn in the United States. That is about the same number of babies that die during the first year of life and it is more than 10 times as many deaths as the number that occur from Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS).

https://www.cdc.gov/ncbddd/stillbirth/facts.html

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
« Reply #15 on: January 24, 2019, 04:26:51 PM »

:

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: January 24, 2019, 04:31:12 PM »
That's not what I posted. You missed the point. When does life begin? When is a fetus a human being? The answer is that there are fervently differing and opposing opinions as to when life begins and a baby is a baby, the health of which is not an absolute until after it is born.

In the United States, the maternal death rate averaged 9.1 maternal deaths per 100,000 live births during the years 1979–1986, but then rose rapidly to 14 per 100,000 in 2000 and 17.8 per 100,000 in 2009. In 2013 the rate was 18.5 deaths per 100,000 live births.

Stillbirth effects about 1% of all pregnancies, and each year about 24,000 babies are stillborn in the United States. That is about the same number of babies that die during the first year of life and it is more than 10 times as many deaths as the number that occur from Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS).

There is a debate about whether life begins at conception.  There is no reasonable debate about whether a full-term baby, hours or minutes before birth, is a human being. 

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: January 24, 2019, 04:39:28 PM »

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: January 24, 2019, 04:47:40 PM »
There is a debate about whether life begins at conception.  There is no reasonable debate about whether a full-term baby, hours or minutes before birth, is a human being. 

So then, let's you and I not debate about it. Neither of us will ever get pregnant, unless there's something you haven't revealed about yourself. ;)

AbrahamG

• Getbig V
  • Team Pfizer
« Reply #19 on: January 24, 2019, 04:50:12 PM »

I just find this silly.

mazrim

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: January 24, 2019, 05:16:33 PM »

Why is that part bolded? It has nothing to do with actually murdering a living baby.

IroNat

• Getbig V
  • "Woke is a cult." -- Joe Rogan
« Reply #21 on: January 24, 2019, 05:22:27 PM »
https://www.nysenate.gov/legislation/bills/2019/s240

§ 2599-BB. ABORTION.  1.  A  HEALTH CARE PRACTITIONER LICENSED, CERTI-
FIED, OR AUTHORIZED UNDER TITLE EIGHT OF THE EDUCATION LAW, ACTING WITH-
IN HIS OR HER LAWFUL SCOPE OF PRACTICE, MAY PERFORM  AN  ABORTION  WHEN,
ACCORDING  TO  THE PRACTITIONER'S REASONABLE AND GOOD FAITH PROFESSIONAL
JUDGMENT BASED ON THE FACTS OF THE PATIENT'S CASE: THE PATIENT IS WITHIN
TWENTY-FOUR WEEKS FROM THE COMMENCEMENT OF PREGNANCY,  OR  THERE  IS  AN
ABSENCE  OF FETAL VIABILITY, OR THE ABORTION IS NECESSARY TO PROTECT THE
PATIENT'S LIFE OR HEALTH.

mazrim

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: January 24, 2019, 05:23:16 PM »
So then, let's you and I not debate about it. Neither of us will ever get pregnant, unless there's something you haven't revealed about yourself. ;)
You are deflecting. You believe it is ok to kill babies in the circumstances this bill allows and you won't just come out and say it.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: January 24, 2019, 05:53:49 PM »

I know you are trying to avoid taking a position on something that is indefensible, but it's ok.  This is only a message board. 

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: January 24, 2019, 05:54:44 PM »
I just find this silly.

Am I supposed to care?  Wait.  Are you actually going to have an adult conversation?   :o