Author Topic: 2019 ROYAL RUMBLE PICKS  (Read 5581 times)

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
2019 ROYAL RUMBLE PICKS
« on: January 27, 2019, 05:30:46 PM »
I'm watching it on delay. Right now, it's the Smackdown Women's title match. I'm going with the champion, Asuka to retain.

Raw Women's Title: Ronda Rousey (c) vs. Shasha Banks. Since I picked Asuka to retain, I think Lynch is going to interfere and cost ROusey the title, as payback for TLC.

Smackdown Tag Team Title match: The Bar (c) vs. Miz and Shane McMahon. I don't think they'll get the belts just yet. Bar to retain.

WWE World Championship: "The NEW" Daniel Bryan (c) vs. AJ Styles: Bryan retains and AJ goes to the Rumble match.

WWE Universal Championship: Brock Lesnar (c) vs. Finn Balor. I hope Balor shows up as the Demon. But, Lesnar gets the win.

Women's Rumble match: Winner - Charlotte Flair (Upset Special - Carmella or Nikki Cross; they're pushing this wacky woman)
Men's Rumble match: Winner - Braun Strowman (UPSET SPECIAL - AJ Styles)

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Re: 2019 ROYAL RUMBLE PICKS
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2019, 05:36:46 PM »
Wow! Lynch tapped out and Asuka retains. Now, let's see if she interferes in the RAW title match.

I would have let Lynch go to sleep instead of tapping.

Next up, it's the Smackdown tag titles.

Miz and Shane get the gold; Miz pulled Cesaro in to a Brogue kick from Sheamus, who later gets a skull-crushing finale. After that, Shane hit a shooting star press and the 1-2-3.; Now, it's the Raw women's title match.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2019, 06:29:35 PM »
Rousey retains and shakes Banks' hand. Now, it's women's Rumble time.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Re: 2019 ROYAL RUMBLE PICS
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2019, 08:24:08 PM »
Lana injured her leg in the pre-show US title match. She was #28 in the Rumble. She got beat up by Nia Jax (#29) and couldn't go.

Guess who takes her place....BECKY LYNCH!! And, despite her knee getting jacked up by Jax after Jax got eliminated, she tosses out Charlotte Flair and WINS THE RUMBLE.

On deck, WWE World title match!!

Playboy

• Getbig V
  • If the bar ain't bending, you're just pretending
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2019, 04:41:56 AM »
I called Seth winning, Asuka winning, Miz and Shane winning, Ronda winning and Nakamora winning so I won myself some dough  ;D

Highlight of the night....Nia Jax replaces an injured Lana (kayfabed from earlier in the night) and she gets RKO'd hard by Orton and eliminated.

Was pretty smart how they got Becky to legit lose to Asuka and then have her weasel her into the rumble. Personally, I think Becky is good, but not as entertaining as her cohorts (she finally learned to cut a promo  ::)). Becky just doesn't do it for me. "the Man" ...ya ... settle down miss empowerment. I would have rather had Charlotte win the Rumble, come to Raw and challenge Rousy for the title at WM. That would be a show stealer as they have a grudge still stemming from TLC.

Seth is slated to slay the beast and take the title at WM. I reminded you guys that he was set for a big push.

Now mind you, there are two more PPV's before WM in Elimination Chamber and Fastlane so anything can happen still in terms of title changes.

Overall, I enjoyed this rumble but it would have been nice to see some more surprises.

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2019, 04:46:13 AM »
I forgot to mention, the Styles DB match....what the fuck??? Eric Rowan is now sided with Daniel Bryan? That's crazy ... now AJ has not resigned his contract with WWE. His expires in April and do not be surprised if he jumps to AEW. He has been wanting a lighter schedule so he can spend more time with his family. Hence why he lost the title to DB in the first place.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2019, 10:38:30 AM »
I called Seth winning, Asuka winning, Miz and Shane winning, Ronda winning and Nakamora winning so I won myself some dough  ;D

Highlight of the night....Nia Jax replaces an injured Lana (kayfabed from earlier in the night) and she gets RKO'd hard by Orton and eliminated.

Was pretty smart how they got Becky to legit lose to Asuka and then have her weasel her into the rumble. Personally, I think Becky is good, but not as entertaining as her cohorts (she finally learned to cut a promo  ::)). Becky just doesn't do it for me. "the Man" ...ya ... settle down miss empowerment. I would have rather had Charlotte win the Rumble, come to Raw and challenge Rousy for the title at WM. That would be a show stealer as they have a grudge still stemming from TLC.

Seth is slated to slay the beast and take the title at WM. I reminded you guys that he was set for a big push.

Now mind you, there are two more PPV's before WM in Elimination Chamber and Fastlane so anything can happen still in terms of title changes.

Overall, I enjoyed this rumble but it would have been nice to see some more surprises.

I watched it on delay and by the time I finished, I was too sleepy to post my results.

I think it was Becky Lynch who took Lana's place. Lana was #28 and Jax was #29. She beat up Lana further, to the point where she couldn't go. So, Lynch asked Finlay if she could take Lana's spot.

So that was a surprise. Since Lynch originally wasn't in the Rumble, I thought she'd cost Rousey her title, since Rousey cost Lynch the Smackdown women's title at TLC. That would set up a match at 'Mania. Now, it's obvious that Lynch will jump ship and challenge Rousey for the Raw title.

Aside from his brief stint in the Wyatt family (where is Bray Wyatt, BTW; did he get THTed?), Daniel Bryan is making a real goof by adding Eric Rowan to the mix.

The Universal title match was GREAT! I didn't think they'd let Balor give Lesnar that much of a fight, without him going into Demon King mode. But, that's the best match Lesnar has had in YEARS.

Not all that hyped about Rollins winning the Men's Rumble. Since 2006, there's been no guy that's won the Rumble and won his first World title at 'Mania. Every one since Mysterio has either been a former champion winning another title, or a new jack who comes up short (Del Rio, Reigns, Nakamura).

As for Rollins winning the Universal title at WM35, I'm skeptical on that. After all, Lesnar was supposed to do the THT for Reigns last year and we all got swerved (Reigns included) on that.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2019, 10:45:49 AM »
I called Seth winning, Asuka winning, Miz and Shane winning, Ronda winning and Nakamora winning so I won myself some dough  ;D

Was pretty smart how they got Becky to legit lose to Asuka and then have her weasel her into the rumble. Personally, I think Becky is good, but not as entertaining as her cohorts (she finally learned to cut a promo  ::)). Becky just doesn't do it for me. "the Man" ...ya ... settle down miss empowerment. I would have rather had Charlotte win the Rumble, come to Raw and challenge Rousy for the title at WM. That would be a show stealer as they have a grudge still stemming from TLC.

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: January 28, 2019, 12:06:11 PM »
I watched it on delay and by the time I finished, I was too sleepy to post my results.

I think it was Becky Lynch who took Lana's place. Lana was #28 and Jax was #29. She beat up Lana further, to the point where she couldn't go. So, Lynch asked Finlay if she could take Lana's spot.

So that was a surprise. Since Lynch originally wasn't in the Rumble, I thought she'd cost Rousey her title, since Rousey cost Lynch the Smackdown women's title at TLC. That would set up a match at 'Mania. Now, it's obvious that Lynch will jump ship and challenge Rousey for the Raw title.

Aside from his brief stint in the Wyatt family (where is Bray Wyatt, BTW; did he get THTed?), Daniel Bryan is making a real goof by adding Eric Rowan to the mix.

The Universal title match was GREAT! I didn't think they'd let Balor give Lesnar that much of a fight, without him going into Demon King mode. But, that's the best match Lesnar has had in YEARS.

Not all that hyped about Rollins winning the Men's Rumble. Since 2006, there's been no guy that's won the Rumble and won his first World title at 'Mania. Every one since Mysterio has either been a former champion winning another title, or a new jack who comes up short (Del Rio, Reigns, Nakamura).

As for Rollins winning the Universal title at WM35, I'm skeptical on that. After all, Lesnar was supposed to do the THT for Reigns last year and we all got swerved (Reigns included) on that.
Plus we also still have 2 ppv's before WM so anything can happen. Current champs could lose their titles. I personally was hoping Charlotte won the women's rumble and would challenge Ronda at WM. That would be a show stealer considering they still have unfinished business. They went quiet after TLC with that supposed feud.

RKO on Nia was sick  ;D