Author Topic: Since the left love to quote polls  (Read 5718 times)

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
Re: Since the left love to quote polls
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2019, 12:50:34 PM »
http://m.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/politics/political_updates/prez_track_feb05

-Not sure why you're posting this poll. Until Trump's job approval rating exceeds his disapproval rating there's really not much to gloat about.

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2019, 01:12:55 PM »

-Not sure why you're posting this poll. Until Trump's job approval rating exceeds his disapproval rating there's really not much to gloat about.
Yes it is.  Obama and Clinton had lower approval ratings at this point in their presidency and they were reelected.  Right now there is no democrat that would come close to beating him.

SOMEPARTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2019, 02:05:14 PM »
In a 90% Trump negative media story era the poll shows a huge quiet majority is just fine with his workrate.

AbrahamG

• Getbig V
  • Team Pfizer
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2019, 03:38:17 PM »

It's called desperation.  They need something to cling to.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2019, 03:52:54 PM »
In a 90% Trump negative media story era the poll shows a huge quiet majority is just fine with his workrate.

And this is one of the reasons why I posted this. The media has been on this guys since day with the attempt to drive down his numbers with the negative press (in this case 90+%) to make him look like he can't do his job. Once they get him at 30% or below they figure he's lost all public trust then the Dems would have the 2020 election in the bag, I believe they tried doing this with Nixon, but with Trump, it's just the opposite and you damn well know it's driving the leftist CRAZY!

illuminati

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • The Strongest Shall Survive.- - Lest we Forget.
« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2019, 04:03:57 PM »

Yes it is.  Obama and Clinton had lower approval ratings at this point in their presidency and they were reelected.  Right now there is no democrat that would come close to beating him.

Ha ha ha
Oooops - you kind of dropped a clanger there Prime
Did you just happen to convinently forgot Obuma & Clinton & there ratings.

myt1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2019, 04:07:03 PM »
And this is one of the reasons why I posted this. The media has been on this guys since day with the attempt to drive down his numbers with the negative press (in this case 90+%) to make him look like he can't do his job. Once they get him at 30% or below they figure he's lost all public trust then the Dems would have the 2020 election in the bag, I believe they tried doing this with Nixon, but with Trump, it's just the opposite and you damn well know it's driving the leftist CRAZY!

Polls after tonight's speech will be very telling.

I've seen a lot of comments on Yahoo stories saying "fuck his speech/don't care what he says/not gonna watch/I'll be on NetFlix, etc."  Really?  I despise Hillary, and dislike Obama quite a bit.  However, I watched every time they were on to hear what they had to say because knowing is important.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2019, 04:47:27 PM »
Polls after tonight's speech will be very telling.

I've seen a lot of comments on Yahoo stories saying "fuck his speech/don't care what he says/not gonna watch/I'll be on NetFlix, etc."  Really?  I despise Hillary, and dislike Obama quite a bit.  However, I watched every time they were on to hear what they had to say because knowing is important.

Maybe I’m wrong but I can’t remember if Trump has ever given an unpopular speech that didn’t drive his numbers up after. He tells the people exactly what they want to hear and delivers on it. Maxine Waters is trying get the word out to not watch it, why? Because she damn well knows it’ll be what the people want to hear. He’ll tout the economy, jobs, UE, jobs numbers with blacks and Hispanics,  progress with N. Korea and China, Isis, bringing the Taliban to the negotiating table, etc, etc.

The Dems don’t want people to hear this. This is a death rattle to them because they haven’t accomplished shit and could never come close to what this President has done for this country.

myt1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #9 on: February 05, 2019, 05:36:51 PM »
Maybe I’m wrong but I can’t remember if Trump has ever given an unpopular speech that didn’t drive his numbers up after. He tells the people exactly what they want to hear and delivers on it. Maxine Waters is trying get the word out to not watch it, why? Because she damn well knows it’ll be what the people want to hear. He’ll tout the economy, jobs, UE, jobs numbers with blacks and Hispanics,  progress with N. Korea and China, Isis, bringing the Taliban to the negotiating table, etc, etc.

The Dems don’t want people to hear this. This is a death rattle to them because they haven’t accomplished shit and could never come close to what this President has done for this country.

Agreed....that's why I said they'd be telling.

24 minutes.  Tick-tock

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: February 06, 2019, 01:05:31 PM »
Yes it is.  Obama and Clinton had lower approval ratings at this point in their presidency and they were reelected.  Right now there is no democrat that would come close to beating him.

I'm not saying you are wrong, but you are speculating with regards to a Democrat coming close to beating his numbers today. It's interesting to check the polls. We should be able to all agree that the polls are not 100% accurate and the numbers change almost daily.

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: February 06, 2019, 01:09:40 PM »
I'm not saying you are wrong, but you are speculating with regards to a Democrat coming close to beating his numbers today. It's interesting to check the polls. We should be able to all agree that the polls are not 100% accurate and the numbers change almost daily.

Usually polls are skewed to favor the democrats though.  If Trump is sitting in the 40%'s he is in great shape.  Which democrat currently running beats him?

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: February 06, 2019, 01:10:33 PM »
Agreed....that's why I said they'd be telling.

24 minutes.  Tick-tock

Telling people what they want to hear is easy; delivering on it is the hard part.

myt1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #13 on: February 06, 2019, 01:15:35 PM »

Well, we know CNN's talking heads are 100% inaccurate!

https://mobile.twitter.com/cbseveningnews/status/1092996857507311616

CBS Evening News
CBS Evening News
@CBSEveningNews
CBS NEWS POLL: 76 percent of viewers approved of what they heard in Pres. Trump's #SOTU speech; 72 percent said they approved of Pres. Trump's ideas for immigration.

But, but, but......"60% of America is against the wall"

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: February 06, 2019, 01:27:43 PM »
Usually polls are skewed to favor the democrats though.  If Trump is sitting in the 40%'s he is in great shape.  Which democrat currently running beats him?

Skewed for what reason? If they hope to remain credible, pollsters have good reason to be fair and honest in conducting and presenting polls. Campaign calling is a different story, because these calls are made to target audiences. For example, when calling or canvassing to 'get out the vote' they target the candidate's party.  

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: February 06, 2019, 01:30:00 PM »
Well, we know CNN's talking heads are 100% inaccurate!

What difference does this make when we're talking about polls?

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: February 06, 2019, 01:44:59 PM »

If the news media caters to specific demographics, it is because that's their audience and who buys their sponsors' products. It's not clear why you've chosen to compare Nixon and Trump. For Trump's sake you should hope he's nothing like Nixon who may have been the most disgraced President ever.

myt1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #17 on: February 06, 2019, 01:48:29 PM »

Prime, I respect u, and from what I can gather about u as a person from your posts I think your a good guy.  However, sometimes u make me feel like I'm bashing my head against a wall.

Did you not see the bottom part from my post I quoted?  "But, but, but......"60% of America is against the wall"  <----CNN and the rest of MSM have been telling us THEIR POLLS reflect that talking point.

Do you understand now?

myt1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #18 on: February 06, 2019, 01:49:58 PM »

BTW, you sounded like Hillary in my head when I read that ;D

illuminati

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: February 06, 2019, 03:11:09 PM »
If the news media caters to specific demographics, it is because that's their audience and who buys their sponsors' products. It's not clear why you've chosen to compare Nixon and Trump. For Trump's sake you should hope he's nothing like Nixon who may have been the most disgraced President ever.

Prime-ahontas & Pocahontas
Both liberal leftist continually bleating on & on
And Getting Caught Out.

;D

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: February 06, 2019, 03:52:42 PM »
Prime-ahontas & Pocahontas
Both liberal leftist continually bleating on & on
And Getting Caught Out.

;D

Did you mean called out? -Not sure what caught out means.

Seems to me that you beat just as much as others do on Getbig. Beware of 'the pot calling the kettle black' syndrome.  ;D

illuminati

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: February 06, 2019, 04:03:53 PM »
Did you mean called out? -Not sure what caught out means.

Seems to me that you beat just as much as others do on Getbig. Beware of 'the pot calling the kettle black' syndrome.  ;D

;D 👍🏻

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #22 on: February 06, 2019, 05:59:32 PM »
Skewed for what reason?
To influence people towards their liberal way of thinking.
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: February 07, 2019, 03:48:31 AM »
Skewed for what reason? If they hope to remain credible, pollsters have good reason to be fair and honest in conducting and presenting polls. Campaign calling is a different story, because these calls are made to target audiences. For example, when calling or canvassing to 'get out the vote' they target the candidate's party.  
Notice how the democrat always has a huge lead until right before the election and then the polls tighten.  They do this for 2 reasons.

1) The early polls are used to sway public opinion.  Most people are influenced by the group mindset.  Read Robert Cialdini books like The Psychology of Influence or Pre-suasion.

2) They have to tighten the polls before the election to remain credible.  If they are way off no one will trust them for the next election.

The media is nothing more than the advertising wing of the Democratic party.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: February 09, 2019, 02:14:13 PM »
To influence people towards their liberal way of thinking.

Who are 'they'?