Author Topic: How Important Was Joe Weider For Arnold's Success?  (Read 15335 times)

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
Re: How Important Was Joe Weider For Arnold's Success?
« Reply #25 on: February 11, 2019, 01:15:34 AM »
As I said just a few days ago, whenever Basile inserts himself into a thread everybody starts shaking their heads and the collective groans can almost be heard through the computer screen.

Everybody is shady and on the take except you. Everyone else had some corrupt angle they used to dupe everybody else and come out ahead. That's your excuse for being such an abject failure in life.

Just an angry, bitter, fat, old man.

Pellius your hamburger episode has clouded your brain.

Paul Graham called our gym in 1974 offering a seminar and posing exhibition by Arnold for $500. Problem was there wasn't time to advertise. We accepted

anyway. Arnold was well known in Sydney because he had posed at several of Paul Graham's contests. Before he gave the seminar I did an interview with him. I wore the track suit I wore as a PE teacher.

I researched Arnold and knew he already owned a million dollar house at Malibu Beach. We both drove BMW cars. After answering questions he did his posing then returned in training gear to show us how to do some exercises.

We invited Arnold to our place in Manly later for dinner. Lots of gym regulars were there as well. He went to Tony's Gym to do another posing exhibition. After that he and Paul Graham and company came

over for dinner. Roz fed everyone there T-bone steaks. Several of us sat around Arnold and I asked him a few questions. First was how he pronounced his name. "Schwartzen-eggar". I asked him about

Sergio Oliva. He said Sergio was a pig. What about Robby Robinson? He was a pig, too. I listed a few more black bodybuilders and Arnold said they were all pigs. I told him he was racially prejudiced.

"No, I just don't like any of dose guys!" We talked about fixed contests. Arnold said that everyone who lost said the contest was fixed. Sergio, Franco, etc. I asked him about that contest in 1968 in

Florida where Frank Zane beat him. "That contest was fixed!" he insisted. He did say that if he had Sergio's physique he would have beaten what he had in those days.

Then the subject of movies came up. I told him Steve Reeves was a handsome guy and how on earth was he going to be a movie star? He said he liked when people said things like that because it

"made me try harder"!

Arnold got up and we assumed he went to the bathroom. There were two in that nice apartment called Pembroke. Arnold was gone for a long time. The parents of one of our baby sitters asked me if I had seen their daughter. No.

On hearing this Robert Nailon jumped up. He is called the brain by his mates in Australia. Robert returned in a minute and said Arnold was having sex with one of the babysitters. Apparently he forgot to lock the balcony door that Robert

opened. Someone alerted Arnold that the babysitter's parents were looking for her. Next thing Arnold and Paul hastily departed. I asked the babysitter what happened and she said Arnold forced her. I asked why she didn't shout out or

say anything and she said she didn't want to cause any trouble. Since the girl's parents were there I felt they were responsible for her. She was 16.

I related this story to John Balik who published Ironman Magazine. He wrote back that a similar story could be told maybe 1000 times about Arnold from all over the world.

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #26 on: February 11, 2019, 02:13:40 AM »
Here is Arnold posing at Tony's Gym in Sydney in 1974. Robert Nailon got lucky because someone else used a flash at the same time giving the photo more drama.

Probably one of the best physique shots ever taken of Arnold. Photo edited by me.

IroNat

• Getbig V
  • "Woke is a cult." - Joe Rogan
« Reply #27 on: February 11, 2019, 03:31:41 AM »
Good stuff, Vince.

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #28 on: February 11, 2019, 05:08:24 AM »

I related this story to John Balik who published Ironman Magazine. He wrote back that a similar story could be told maybe 1000 times about Arnold from all over the world.

You could spearhead a #MeToo initiative.  If you can produce the babysitter.

Pet shop boys

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #29 on: February 11, 2019, 06:45:55 AM »
Rate Joe Weider's importance regarding Arnold's success on a scale of 1 - 5.

1 = Of no imprtance. Joe was of definitely not important.
5 = Extreme inportance. Arnold could not have done it without Joe..

AND .....

Is/was Arnold Over-rated.

1 = Yes, he has been definitely overated.
2 = Arnold was sorta over-ratred.
3 = Arnold was definitely not overrated.

If The question was :  How important was Joe Weider to Dave Draper's  (Blond Bomber) success , ID say 5.

Regarding Arnold, I asked myself that question when I watched the Bigger movie ,   However With Arnold it simply does not apply .....  

Arnold was going to make it no matter what

The Blond Bomber was on cover of mags and adds when he wasnt a top 6 Mr.O contender where Sergio, who was mr.O wans't  promoted.....

yet Draper was forgotten in time .... with the new poster boy and so on ......

1- Like Vince said, Arnold was told to do certain jobs for Weider when he first arrived he said NO yet he went to take over Dave Drapper's place and went to become the face of Weider's empire .

2- Arnold was told to take his shirt off and do a posing routine on Carson's Tonight show but he said NO yet he went to promote his books movies ec..

3- Arnold was asked to play the good guy in the Termnator movie he said No yet he went to play  the Terminator himself and the rest is history ...

you dont know who youre dealing with here

WOOOSHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HH   BARRACUDA MODE

ratherbebig

• Getbig V
  • if you got more than 10k you're gay
« Reply #30 on: February 11, 2019, 08:08:44 AM »
still he was no bruce lee.

bruce lee had a bigger impact and wouldve kicked arnolds ass.

Pet shop boys

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #31 on: February 11, 2019, 08:47:33 AM »

And Joe Weider made Bruce Lee ...

(to make Bruce relevant in this thread )

WoooSHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Kwon

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #32 on: February 11, 2019, 08:55:15 AM »

What if Arnold had met Bruce Lee before he met Joe Weider?

Maybe Arnold would have become an Artial Martist instead?
Q

ratherbebig

• Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: February 11, 2019, 09:43:53 AM »
What if Arnold had met Bruce Lee before he met Joe Weider?

Maybe Arnold would have become an Artial Martist instead?

yes that wouldve been something.

instead of bruce lee fighting chuck norris he could've fought arnold

beakdoctor

• Getbig V
  • Royalty is a schmoe-cel.
« Reply #34 on: February 11, 2019, 10:03:14 AM »

AND .....

2/3

Darren Avey

• Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: February 11, 2019, 10:23:54 AM »
arnold was no bruce lee thats for sure.

bruce lee would've kicked arnolds ass.

Nonsense, Arnold benched press far more than Lee and had far bigger arms than Lee.

ratherbebig

• Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: February 11, 2019, 10:26:45 AM »
Nonsense, Arnold benched press far more than Lee and had far bigger arms than Lee.

bruce lee benched more if you take into account his body weight

Darren Avey

• Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: February 11, 2019, 10:29:31 AM »
bruce lee benched more if you take into account his body weight

Maybe so but Arnold was bigger and stronger, hed have grabbed Lee and smashed him

IRON CROSS

• Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: February 11, 2019, 11:03:01 AM »
Fact: Ludwig Shusterich was representing Weiders in Europe, he inform Joe about Arnold, L.S. was Croat who spoke German,J.W. told him to bring Arnold
        to California & the rest is history.

John Milius created film star Arnold !.

When Franco arrived , Arnold & him work as builders around Venice,Santa Monica,Marina.................. (Arnold on Youtube)

IRON CROSS

• Getbig V
« Reply #39 on: February 11, 2019, 11:13:37 AM »
Joe Weider,Arnold,Paul Graham,Tony Doherty ,................are successful & loaded  ;)

But, Safety Fat who is near 80 is penniless  ;D    (I wonder WHY, must be his charisma  ::))

Skeletor

• Getbig V
  • Silence you furry fool!
« Reply #40 on: February 11, 2019, 12:19:41 PM »
How important was Joe for the success of these bodybuilders?

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
« Reply #41 on: February 11, 2019, 12:34:47 PM »

AND .....

Arnold couldn't have done it without Joe.

Yes, he has been definitely overrated.

myt1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #42 on: February 11, 2019, 12:46:12 PM »
Interesting stuff Basile

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #43 on: February 11, 2019, 12:57:25 PM »
Arnold couldn't have done it without Joe.

Yes, he has been definitely overrated.
Regardless of who made who more successful both Arnold and Joe deserve a better movie about them than that abortion recently produced.

myt1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #44 on: February 11, 2019, 01:03:16 PM »
Regardless of who made who more successful both Arnold and Joe deserve a better movie about them than that abortion recently produced.

I think you meant a different word.  Then again, since it's out and has seen life a leftist would agree this term is applicable here.

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #45 on: February 11, 2019, 01:07:02 PM »
I think you meant a different word.  Then again, since it's out and has seen life a leftist would agree this term is applicable here.
I should have said botched abortion for that movie.  That is one abortion that should have happened.

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
  • Dumb people think Trump is smart.
« Reply #46 on: February 11, 2019, 02:11:02 PM »
How important was Joe for the success of these bodybuilders?

What success have they achieved?

pellius

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith Jones aka OnlyMe/NoWorries. 1/10/2011
« Reply #47 on: February 11, 2019, 05:32:55 PM »

Paul Graham called our gym in 1974 offering a seminar and posing exhibition by Arnold for $500. Problem was there wasn't time to advertise. We accepted

anyway. Arnold was well known in Sydney because he had posed at several of Paul Graham's contests. Before he gave the seminar I did an interview with him. I wore the track suit I wore as a PE teacher.

I researched Arnold and knew he already owned a million dollar house at Malibu Beach. We both drove BMW cars. After answering questions he did his posing then returned in training gear to show us how to do some exercises.

We invited Arnold to our place in Manly later for dinner. Lots of gym regulars were there as well. He went to Tony's Gym to do another posing exhibition. After that he and Paul Graham and company came

over for dinner. Roz fed everyone there T-bone steaks. Several of us sat around Arnold and I asked him a few questions. First was how he pronounced his name. "Schwartzen-eggar". I asked him about

Sergio Oliva. He said Sergio was a pig. What about Robby Robinson? He was a pig, too. I listed a few more black bodybuilders and Arnold said they were all pigs. I told him he was racially prejudiced.

"No, I just don't like any of dose guys!" We talked about fixed contests. Arnold said that everyone who lost said the contest was fixed. Sergio, Franco, etc. I asked him about that contest in 1968 in

Florida where Frank Zane beat him. "That contest was fixed!" he insisted. He did say that if he had Sergio's physique he would have beaten what he had in those days.

Then the subject of movies came up. I told him Steve Reeves was a handsome guy and how on earth was he going to be a movie star? He said he liked when people said things like that because it

"made me try harder"!

Arnold got up and we assumed he went to the bathroom. There were two in that nice apartment called Pembroke. Arnold was gone for a long time. The parents of one of our baby sitters asked me if I had seen their daughter. No.

On hearing this Robert Nailon jumped up. He is called the brain by his mates in Australia. Robert returned in a minute and said Arnold was having sex with one of the babysitters. Apparently he forgot to lock the balcony door that Robert

opened. Someone alerted Arnold that the babysitter's parents were looking for her. Next thing Arnold and Paul hastily departed. I asked the babysitter what happened and she said Arnold forced her. I asked why she didn't shout out or

say anything and she said she didn't want to cause any trouble. Since the girl's parents were there I felt they were responsible for her. She was 16.

Yes, Vince, we've heard this story over and over and over and over again. We get it. At one time you were an insider and you like to keep reminding us of that. But did you even read the title of this thread? We know you want everyone to believe that you were a major player in the bbing cult but this thread is not about you.

Since you like talking about yourself so much can you please explain why they call you "Cornutto"? Is it true that Roz was cheating on such a big hypertrophy expert stud like you? That she had to bankrupt the gym to finally get rid of you. You also mentioned that you collect a Canadian pension. Are you also double dipping and collecting from Australia too?

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #48 on: February 11, 2019, 08:07:57 PM »
Yes, Vince, we've heard this story over and over and over and over again. We get it. At one time you were an insider and you like to keep reminding us of that. But did you even read the title of this thread? We know you want everyone to believe that you were a major player in the bbing cult but this thread is not about you.

Since you like talking about yourself so much can you please explain why they call you "Cornutto"? Is it true that Roz was cheating on such a big hypertrophy expert stud like you? That she had to bankrupt the gym to finally get rid of you. You also mentioned that you collect a Canadian pension. Are you also double dipping and collecting from Australia too?

That story about Arnold isn't at all about me. Hope you comprehend this.

I have no knowledge whether Roz had cheated on me. Good for her if she did. She told me one day that I would be surprised at who the guys were who came around courting her when I was teaching high school.

About the Australian aged pension. They have an agreement with Canada and it is required that dual citizens apply for pensions in both countries. Canada doesn't give me much. Naturally I told Centrelink in Sydney.

OneMoreRep

• Getbig V
« Reply #49 on: February 11, 2019, 08:23:18 PM »

"made me try harder"!

So, if I am reading this correctly, are you saying that Arnold raped a 16 year old girl?

If that was the case, did anyone bother to call the actual police? Why weren't charges brought up against him?

I'm just trying to understand.

"1"