Author Topic: Why didn't Trump get money for his idiotic wall  (Read 2864 times)

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
Why didn't Trump get money for his idiotic wall
« on: February 14, 2019, 06:42:24 PM »
He said in one of the debates that in order to get the deal you want all you need to do is get people in a room grab them  hug them and kiss them and then you get the deal you want.  Seems so easy that some might even say it's idiotic

Why didn't he use this strategy to get money from Mexico or at the very least get the money from Congress when Republican ran both houses. 

SOMEPARTS

• Getbig V
Re: Why didn't Trump get money for his idiotic wall
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2019, 11:08:19 PM »
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6703509/Border-security-brawl-near-serene-resolution.html

Well, he did get congressional allowance for it - and then - will declare emergency anyway.  ;D

Honestly, how does a court strike down based on spending as a number only? They don't... Congress agreed to fund it so the fight is over at the legal level IMO.

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2019, 06:59:21 AM »

IroNat

• Getbig V
  • "Woke is a cult." - Joe Rogan
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2019, 07:33:57 AM »
His mistake was saying Mexico would pay for it during the election.

myt1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2019, 07:52:16 AM »
He said in one of the debates that in order to get the deal you want all you need to do is get people in a room grab them  hug them and kiss them and then you get the deal you want.  Seems so easy that some might even say it's idiotic

Why didn't he use this strategy to get money from Mexico or at the very least get the money from Congress when Republican ran both houses. 

Might wanna turn on your tv right now if you're reading....

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2019, 07:56:07 AM »
Might wanna turn on your tv right now if you're reading....

Watching it live as we speak

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2019, 09:44:27 AM »

Seek help fagboy. 

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2019, 03:55:34 AM »
We'll see in the fall when the Supreme Court tackles this issue.

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #8 on: February 20, 2019, 09:07:59 AM »

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #9 on: February 20, 2019, 10:34:33 AM »
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

LOL - stupid little Trumptard (sorry I know that is redundant)

Doesn't he know that Mexico is going to pay for the wall

All Trump needs to do it get Mexico in a room and hug it and kiss it and then they will fork over all the money needed to build the wall (including pay the cost of all the lawsuits to seize land from private citizens who own land on the border)

I'm really surprised that Trump hasn't gotten Mexico to pay for this yet

What is he waiting for? 

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #10 on: February 20, 2019, 10:38:33 AM »

All Trump needs to do it get Mexico in a room and hug it and kiss it and then they will fork over all the money needed to build the wall (including pay the cost of all the lawsuits to seize land from private citizens who own land on the border)

What is he waiting for? 

Thanks for the update 'AOC".

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: February 21, 2019, 07:29:53 PM »
His mistake was saying Mexico would pay for it during the election.

I agree. He was talking out of his butt as usual and it came back to bite him. Although there are enough people enamored with him they are willing to create in their minds a scenario where somehow what he said was true.

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #12 on: February 21, 2019, 08:35:18 PM »
I agree. He was talking out of his butt as usual and it came back to bite him. Although there are enough people enamored with him they are willing to create in their minds a scenario where somehow what he said was true.
Going to be a rough few years for people like you
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

SOMEPARTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: February 21, 2019, 08:48:49 PM »

What is he waiting for? 

TDS has reduced you to fighting about kool aid stands on the internet.

myt1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #14 on: February 22, 2019, 10:03:39 AM »

I can only speak for myself, but if he'd have never said Mexico was going to pay for it, and just assured us that something every past president and Chucky has said needed to be done/was a huge problem.......I'd still have voted.

I'm pretty confident saying that most people don't give a shit about who pays for it.  We just want it done.  If it stops 1/2 of the drugs, illegal immigrants we support, and deaths that are caused by illegals, it's worth it.  I don't care if the numbers are off by a few hundreds or thousands, the fact that all of these things do happen in the 1000's is a massive problem.  The fact that we spend billions as a result every year due to these things is a travesty for anyone that pays taxes or is a victim of their crimes.

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: February 22, 2019, 03:06:42 PM »
I can only speak for myself, but if he'd have never said Mexico was going to pay for it, and just assured us that something every past president and Chucky has said needed to be done/was a huge problem.......I'd still have voted.

I'm pretty confident saying that most people don't give a shit about who pays for it.  We just want it done.  If it stops 1/2 of the drugs, illegal immigrants we support, and deaths that are caused by illegals, it's worth it.  I don't care if the numbers are off by a few hundreds or thousands, the fact that all of these things do happen in the 1000's is a massive problem.  The fact that we spend billions as a result every year due to these things is a travesty for anyone that pays taxes or is a victim of their crimes.

http://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank/2017/02/24/most-americans-continue-to-oppose-u-s-border-wall-doubt-mexico-would-pay-for-it/

I'm fairly confident in saying most people don't want it.

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #17 on: February 22, 2019, 06:07:39 PM »
http://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank/2017/02/24/most-americans-continue-to-oppose-u-s-border-wall-doubt-mexico-would-pay-for-it/

They say they're a non-partisan site but I haven't seen that much negativity since I watched MSNBC that one time. Horribly negative site.

BTW, the article you quoted was from 2017
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: February 22, 2019, 09:33:20 PM »
They say they're a non-partisan site but I haven't seen that much negativity since I watched MSNBC that one time. Horribly negative site.

BTW, the article you quoted was from 2017

Thanks for pointing that out... But Im going to go out on a limb and say the majority of Americans don't support the wall. I could be wrong. I realize in todays world it is very very hard to know what is truth and what is fiction when researching information on the web. But from what I have seen, and I have seen some sites that say most want the wall, the consensus is that the wall doesn't fall in the MOST AMERICANS WANT IT category.  

Personally, I'm for border security. But I am also a fiscal conservative. I'm open to electronic surveillance and various other forms of security as well as beefing up border patrol. I;m just not sold on the"Wall" as the best bang for the buck

myt1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #19 on: February 23, 2019, 02:32:42 PM »

I'm fairly confident you're wrong, and I say that because after the SOTU CBS poll showed that over 70% liked what Trump had to say.....a good chunk of which dealt with illegal immigration, and his solution.......THE FUCKING WALL!

Do you guys ever look into your links you're providing as gospels of truth before you post this shit?

All I fucking did was go to Wiki.....

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pew_Research_Center

Founder
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Andrew_Kohut

Hard to find his political affiliation in just a few seconds, but his wiki page is the following info which I'm pretty confident answers that mystery.
"Born   September 2, 1942
Newark, New Jersey, U.S.
Died   September 8, 2015 (aged 73)
Baltimore, Maryland, U.S.
Alma mater   Rutgers University"

Keep trying! 8)

myt1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #20 on: February 23, 2019, 02:46:29 PM »
Thanks for pointing that out... But Im going to go out on a limb and say the majority of Americans don't support the wall. I could be wrong. I realize in todays world it is very very hard to know what is truth and what is fiction when researching information on the web. But from what I have seen, and I have seen some sites that say most want the wall, the consensus is that the wall doesn't fall in the MOST AMERICANS WANT IT category.  

Personally, I'm for border security. But I am also a fiscal conservative. I'm open to electronic surveillance and various other forms of security as well as beefing up border patrol. I;m just not sold on the"Wall" as the best bang for the buck

Your limb is not safe for you to stand on, and it will be snapped like a twig.  Seriously, I'd hate to see a get bigger get hurt.....even a leftist...so take your weight off that limb sir!

And again, you are wrong!  There is no "could be" about it.  

Why don't you just look throughout this message board, or MD's, or any other general population board that's not devoted to some social cause or run by the left and use that as your litmus test for what's really wanted by the American population?

I rarely go to MD except come contest time, and if a link is posted here.....so what do you see here on GB?  

I see a good number of people that don't like Trump.  I see only about 10, maybe 20 people that don't support the wall though.  Out of those 20, it's safe to say at least 3-5 are gimmicks.  (I mean let's just be real about it.....this is GB after all. This site practically invented anonymous adult users with made up names having alter-ego/gimmick accounts FFS)

FML! >:(  It's exhausting reading your guys' nonsensical posts that are clearly driven by zero objectivity, a sheep-led mentality, and pure hatred for one person no matter what they do....which is also very saddening to know that people like that are allowed to vote. :'(

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: February 23, 2019, 03:17:58 PM »
I'm fairly confident you're wrong, and I say that because after the SOTU CBS poll showed that over 70% liked what Trump had to say.....a good chunk of which dealt with illegal immigration, and his solution.......THE FUCKING WALL!

Do you guys ever look into your links you're providing as gospels of truth before you post this shit?

All I fucking did was go to Wiki.....

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pew_Research_Center

Founder
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Andrew_Kohut

Hard to find his political affiliation in just a few seconds, but his wiki page is the following info which I'm pretty confident answers that mystery.
"Born   September 2, 1942
Newark, New Jersey, U.S.
Died   September 8, 2015 (aged 73)
Baltimore, Maryland, U.S.
Alma mater   Rutgers University"

Keep trying! 8)

According to the Pew Research Center, "A majority of Americans (58%) oppose substantially expanding the wall along the U.S.-Mexico border – as Trump has sought – while 40% support doing so, according to a January 2019 survey by the Center."

http://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank/2019/01/16/how-americans-see-illegal-immigration-the-border-wall-and-political-compromise/

myt1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #22 on: February 23, 2019, 03:32:09 PM »
According to the Pew Research Center, "A majority of Americans (58%) oppose substantially expanding the wall along the U.S.-Mexico border – as Trump has sought – while 40% support doing so, according to a January 2019 survey by the Center."

http://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank/2019/01/16/how-americans-see-illegal-immigration-the-border-wall-and-political-compromise/

You've got to be fucking kidding me Prime! >:(

You just replied to my post which provided you links to look for yourself as to why Pew Research Center should be considered suspect as left biased, and clearly did not bother to check out those links.

Not only did you do that, but you did not address/refute anything I said or asked.

Not, not only did you do those two things, but you really drove your point home by actually circling back to the exact same org whose link was posted (btw...in case you missed it, the numbers changed) in the qoute that I had replied to.....and was not directed at you.  OUTSTANDING JOB SIR! :'(

By the way, that word you're trying to learn how to use properly in the other thread...."deflecting".....yeah, well it is applicable to you here.  HTH! ;)

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: February 23, 2019, 03:32:38 PM »
Your limb is not safe for you to stand on, and it will be snapped like a twig.  Seriously, I'd hate to see a get bigger get hurt.....even a leftist...so take your weight off that limb sir!

And again, you are wrong!  There is no "could be" about it.  

Why don't you just look throughout this message board, or MD's, or any other general population board that's not devoted to some social cause or run by the left and use that as your litmus test for what's really wanted by the American population?

I rarely go to MD except come contest time, and if a link is posted here.....so what do you see here on GB?  

I see a good number of people that don't like Trump.  I see only about 10, maybe 20 people that don't support the wall though.  Out of those 20, it's safe to say at least 3-5 are gimmicks.  (I mean let's just be real about it.....this is GB after all. This site practically invented anonymous adult users with made up names having alter-ego/gimmick accounts FFS)

FML! >:(  It's exhausting reading your guys' nonsensical posts that are clearly driven by zero objectivity, a sheep-led mentality, and pure hatred for one person no matter what they do....which is also very saddening to know that people like that are allowed to vote. :'(

More from the Pew Research Center: "Whatever else they think of him, about two-thirds of Americans (68%) – including around half of Democrats – say Trump stands up for what he believes in, according to a September 2018 survey."

Personally, I'm not convinced Internet forums, including MD and Getbig, provide a fair sampling of opinions on border security and more specifically the wall which is consistent with the that of general population.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: February 23, 2019, 03:47:06 PM »

Help me out here are you saying you believe MD, Getbig and other Internet boards provide an accurate look at what is wanted by the American population?