Author Topic: Left eating left - Warren going after Apple, Facebook, Google, Amazon...  (Read 797 times)

obsidian

• Getbig V
LOL! I'd like to be a fly on the wall in their boardrooms to here what they have to say about this.  ;D

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/elizabeth-warren-proposes-breaking-up-apple-in-addition-to-google-and-amazon

Democratic 2020 presidential hopeful Elizabeth Warren announced in an interview on Saturday that she wants to break up not only Amazon, Google, and Facebook, but also Apple -- as the Massachusetts senator pushes further to the left of her numerous Democratic rivals on a host of populist issues.

Speaking to The Verge at the South by Southwest (SXSW) technology conference in Austin, Texas, Warren specifically demanded that Apple must be forced to either surrender control over the App Store, or cease selling its own apps within it.

"Apple, you’ve got to break it apart from their App Store. It’s got to be one or the other," Warren said. "Either they run the platform or they play in the store. They don’t get to do both at the same time."

She elaborated: "If you run a platform where others come to sell, then you don’t get to sell your own items on the platform because you have two comparative advantages. One, you’ve sucked up information about every buyer and every seller before you’ve made a decision about what you’re going to to sell. And second, you have the capacity — because you run the platform — to prefer your product over anyone else’s product. It gives an enormous comparative advantage to the platform."

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
Commie fruitcakes

IroNat

• Getbig V
  • The only constant in life is change. – Heraclitus
Breaking up the App store is really important.

It's big.

::)

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
Dolly Parton 'did not approve' Elizabeth Warren's use of hit song for 2020 campaign

According to Dolly Parton's manager, the singer never gave Senator Elizabeth Warren permission to use her hit song '9 to 5' at a town hall rally in New York City. Parton, who is notorious for keeping both her music and herself out of politics, doesn't ever allow her songs to be involved with any political campaigns, regardless of party affiliation. Warren's campaign declined to comment on Parton's manager's response in regards to using the song.

https://news.yahoo.com/dolly-parton-did-not-approve-145012443.html

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
Like I’ve said, Liberals dont realize the true nature of leftists . If Leftists has their way, guys like Bezos, Jobs Zuckerberg et al wouldn’t even exist.

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
I love how leftists who have never run a business tell others how to run their business.  Better yet, let the government run them. ::)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
I love how leftists who have never run a business tell others how to run their business.  Better yet, let the government run them. ::)

Truth.

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
Facebook Temporarily Removed Elizabeth Warren Ads Urging Breakup Of Tech Giants

https://www.yahoo.com/huffpost/facebook-temporarily-removed-elizabeth-warren-010844222.html

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud

The reason these companies got so big in the first place is because they did a better job of satisfying consumer demand than their competitors. In the early days, there were lots of search engines, Alta Vista, Ask Jeeves, Yahoo etc. Google just happened to be the best.

IroNat

• Getbig V
  • The only constant in life is change. – Heraclitus
Trump needs to stop wasting time negotiating with North Korea and deal with this App store situation.