Author Topic: Plantar warts  (Read 3157 times)

Griffith

• Getbig V
Re: Plantar warts
« Reply #25 on: March 13, 2019, 11:41:19 AM »
I had plantar fascitis twice. The first time I was cured through a private message on this board. Back when we had a few girls on the board one wrote me and said to buy a birkenstock arch support. She said they are as hard as a rock and she wasn't wrong. It pushed hard into the arch as I walked and stretched the arch out. Took about 7 days to go painless and I continued to wear the arch thing for months. The second time I was training for a 5K and wanted instant relief.  A foot doctor with a harpoon of needle said to point where the most painful section was. He jabbed that thing in there and squirted cortisone in. The next day the pain was gone. As you know it's incredibly painful.

I have it at the moment, but nowhere near as bad as it was. I'm putting silicone gel pads in the heals of my shoes which seem to be helping. But I have to stay away from deadlifts as it causes a flare up.

I may have to consider cortisone in the future though.

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #26 on: March 14, 2019, 09:32:31 AM »
I have it at the moment, but nowhere near as bad as it was. I'm putting silicone gel pads in the heals of my shoes which seem to be helping. But I have to stay away from deadlifts as it causes a flare up.

Not a doctor here. This is my 2 cents worth. I think because of age or over use the arch becomes stiff and prone to tearing. Regular calf stretching will help but what will make the arch more flexible and less prone to micro tears that hurt like hell is doing stuff like walking around with a stiff birkenstock arch support that pushes into your arch when standing or walking. Also try stuff like rolling your arch on a can of soup or a rolling pin to stretch it out. Cortisone injections worked for me. Doc said it will soften the tissue and take away the inflammation. Used too many times and it causes it's own problems.  They also have some cutting edge treatments too but not every foot doctor has the machine. I think it's called shock wave. Also when sleeping you should wear a splint to keep your foot from falling forward. This contributes to the tightness and that excruciating first step in the morning. You can find these on the web. See a foot doctor.  He might be able to fix it with one visit if he shoots the cortisone in the right spot and if it's not a bad tear.

Dokey111

• Getbig V
« Reply #27 on: March 14, 2019, 09:46:22 AM »

had pf and got the cort shot in my heel.  def not worth it and shot hurts like hell

falco

• Getbig V
« Reply #28 on: March 14, 2019, 09:59:05 AM »
Had that twice. The first time had sucess treating it with daily drops of some kind of gluey med. The second time had to do surgery, where the doctor burned it and it fell off e week later or so.

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #29 on: March 14, 2019, 10:18:21 AM »
had pf and got the cort shot in my heel.  def not worth it and shot hurts like hell

Worked for me. He injected the cortisone directly into the most painful section.  The most painful foot shot is when I had a thing called morton's neuroma.  It's when a nerve is damaged in your foot. I had a double neuroma meaning two nerves damaged. Happened when I had my running shoes tied too tight and I damaged the protective covering of the nerves. It's the most painful thing. I could barely walk.

The treatment for it is cortisone shots from the top of the foot to the bottom with a long thick gauge needle. I had five shots though about 6 weeks. On one shot the needle came out the bottom of my foot when he accidentally went too far. Every shot was some kind of mid evil torture. Took 6 months overall for the pain to completely go away.

2ND COMING

• Getbig V
  • Might is right.
« Reply #30 on: March 19, 2019, 01:30:56 PM »
Foot doc says they're calluses. Probably gonna see another doc to confirm. Didn't know calluses hurt that much.

illuminati

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • The Strongest Shall Survive.- - Lest we Forget.
« Reply #31 on: March 19, 2019, 01:34:33 PM »
Never had plantar warts, but I've had plantar fasciitis

I’m suffering with that now - Damn it’s painful & annoying
Just started up with No Signs - It’s beginning to ease a bit.

illuminati

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: March 19, 2019, 01:40:34 PM »
I had plantar fascitis twice. The first time I was cured through a private message on this board. Back when we had a few girls on the board one wrote me and said to buy a birkenstock arch support. She said they are as hard as a rock and she wasn't wrong. It pushed hard into the arch as I walked and stretched the arch out. Took about 7 days to go painless and I continued to wear the arch thing for months. The second time I was training for a 5K and wanted instant relief.  A foot doctor with a harpoon of needle said to point where the most painful section was. He jabbed that thing in there and squirted cortisone in. The next day the pain was gone. As you know it's incredibly painful.

Thanks got the info
I’ll be searching for that arch support.

Griffith

• Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: March 19, 2019, 02:02:17 PM »
Not a doctor here. This is my 2 cents worth. I think because of age or over use the arch becomes stiff and prone to tearing. Regular calf stretching will help but what will make the arch more flexible and less prone to micro tears that hurt like hell is doing stuff like walking around with a stiff birkenstock arch support that pushes into your arch when standing or walking. Also try stuff like rolling your arch on a can of soup or a rolling pin to stretch it out. Cortisone injections worked for me. Doc said it will soften the tissue and take away the inflammation. Used too many times and it causes it's own problems.  They also have some cutting edge treatments too but not every foot doctor has the machine. I think it's called shock wave. Also when sleeping you should wear a splint to keep your foot from falling forward. This contributes to the tightness and that excruciating first step in the morning. You can find these on the web. See a foot doctor.  He might be able to fix it with one visit if he shoots the cortisone in the right spot and if it's not a bad tear.

Thanks for info! Been doing a lot of stretches now, and it does seem to be helping.

Griffith

• Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: March 19, 2019, 02:04:43 PM »
I’m suffering with that now - Damn it’s painful & annoying
Just started up with No Signs - It’s beginning to ease a bit.

Besides the stretches, what is helping me massively is silicone gel sole inserts, that go along the length of the foot, they can be found in most pharmacies.

illuminati

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: March 19, 2019, 02:43:49 PM »
Besides the stretches, what is helping me massively is silicone gel sole inserts, that go along the length of the foot, they can be found in most pharmacies.

Yes - I’ve got some of them, A big help.
I’m finding icing my foot at least twice a day for 25-45mins helping
Also really hard squeezing & massage of my heel ( Hurts Like Hell ) very Helpful.