Author Topic: Football player's transformation  (Read 3459 times)

lightweight83

• Getbig IV
Re: Football player's transformation
« Reply #25 on: March 19, 2019, 08:16:01 AM »
Hi Brian!

I fucking love getbig!  LOL

Dave D

• Getbig V
« Reply #26 on: March 19, 2019, 08:49:01 AM »
I don't think you understand.  Where him and I are from, it is UNHEARD of to make it professionally in anything other than Hockey.  And the guys who make it in Hockey, end up going to play Juniors in Canada at age 15/16, so they typically only play one year of HS Hockey.

This guy was literally a local celebrity when we were in school.  We played him our Senior year at my home field, and the whole fucking town turned out.  I'm taking 3-4x the amount of people who typically go to see us play.  I wish I could say it was to watch us get a win, but it was honestly to watch him destroy us again like he did the year before! LOL!

Also, combine this with the fact that he's been one of the few white RB's to even do well in the college level, let alone make it to the League.  And before you quote me and reply "Hey Brian", this isn't him.  LOL  Just someone who hadn't thought of him or my HS playing days in years, and seeing him pop up on Getbig of all places, brought back memories. 

Dont let beverage troll you.  Your guy had a four+ year career, so he beat the NFL average for running back.

He was drafted to back up Steven Jackson, and he did, not to be a star. Im sure he thought he would have had a better career, but he played in the NFL as a white running back, which is pretty remarkable.

The draft is a crapshoot. No one really knows what they're doing and its proven year after year.  I mean the whole league passed on Pierre Thomas multiple times.

Tom Brady lasted until the 6th round and Chad Pennington went in the first. Hindsight is always 20/20.

USMC 1371

• Getbig II
« Reply #27 on: March 19, 2019, 08:52:04 AM »
Let’s be real here, did he really play those “8” years?  ;D

Now compare him to undrafted fellow 2007 class Pierre Thomas
There’s only 53 on the roster. If you’re on the team and not the backup QB, you play.  If you’re a bust you get cut.  No bust in the history of the NFL lasted 8 years.