Author Topic: Football player's transformation  (Read 3460 times)

catracho

• Getbig IV
  • I don't want to be "that guy"!

Dave D

• Getbig V
Re: Football player's transformation
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2019, 02:51:36 PM »
All you're seeing is elite genetics at work.

Joe Thomas had a 10 year run in the NFL plus the 3/4 years in college at Wisconsin where he had to eat to be a giant tub of goo.

Now in his mid 30's, without the help of a team sponsored dietitian or chef, he changed his diet and completely went back to his natural body weight and build.

Its obvious the guy has a fast metabolism and he retired at the right time.

It was work for him to be that heavy.

XFACTOR

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2019, 02:59:17 PM »
Agreed with the genetics comment above. This guy is a stud athlete.  Was definitely one of the best at his position. A thankless position at that. He’s been forcefeeding for years probably sick of that now.

illuminati

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • The Strongest Shall Survive.- - Lest we Forget.
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2019, 04:31:14 PM »
This is Getbig
He’s All Drugs !!!

😂😂😂😂😂

tres_taco_combo

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2019, 04:56:49 PM »
prolly does hot yoga  ;D

Kwon

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2019, 05:02:26 PM »
prolly does hot yoga  ;D

Tae-Bo and Creatine to get in that shape imo.

Also Kevrone Signature Series.
Q

Bevo

• Getbig V
  • Middle Urinal at Buc-ee’s
« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2019, 05:29:12 PM »
This is Getbig
He’s All Drugs !!!

😂😂😂😂😂

He is, including your midget ass  ;D

IroNat

• Getbig V
  • "Woke is a cult." - Joe Rogan
« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2019, 05:44:55 PM »
Today's NFL lineman are likely 50% bodyfat.

Congrats to him for dropping the excess weight.

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #8 on: March 18, 2019, 06:54:24 PM »
He is, including your midget ass  ;D

Drugs and genetics response to drugs.
X

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #9 on: March 18, 2019, 07:06:09 PM »
The guy is an elite athlete. The guy ran a 40 in 4.92 seconds weighing 300lbs. Went from lifting and eating like a super heavy weight power lifter to a more fitness approach with more cardio.

I was talking to Brian Leonard about a year ago.  He was a running back for the Cleveland Browns and other teams.  After he retired he turned to endurance stuff. He's looking to compete in a triathlon. He's super thin now.  Use to watch him when he played for Rutgers blocking from the back field leveling monsters with his power.

tommywishbone

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Biscuit
« Reply #10 on: March 18, 2019, 07:47:12 PM »
Let me get this straight...

Stop using anabolic steroids.
Stop eating 6,000 calories per day.
Stop training with weights 5 days per week.

... and you will lose weight?

Lord have motherfucking mercy.
a

Dave D

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: March 18, 2019, 09:00:47 PM »
Let me get this straight...

Stop using anabolic steroids.
Stop eating 6,000 calories per day.
Stop training with weights 5 days per week.

... and you will lose weight?

Lord have motherfucking mercy.

Steroids?

This is a genetic specimen, he was overloading his system to bulk up to 300 pounds.

He cut out breakfast and took up swimming, yoga and burpee's.

It's a simple and effective plan.

It's just like when an ifbb pro retires, in a years time they look like they've never set foot in a gym. These lineman go from looking like massive morbidly obese beasts to lean sinewy nba point guards body types.

Kwon

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #12 on: March 18, 2019, 09:02:38 PM »
Burpees and Frogjumps is key.
Q

lightweight83

• Getbig IV
« Reply #13 on: March 18, 2019, 09:14:02 PM »
The guy is an elite athlete. The guy ran a 40 in 4.92 seconds weighing 300lbs. Went from lifting and eating like a super heavy weight power lifter to a more fitness approach with more cardio.

I was talking to Brian Leonard about a year ago.  He was a running back for the Cleveland Browns and other teams.  After he retired he turned to endurance stuff. He's looking to compete in a triathlon. He's super thin now.  Use to watch him when he played for Rutgers blocking from the back field leveling monsters with his power.

Small world!  I played against Leonard in HS, and he ran all over us!  Pretty sure he ran for over 300 yards in our Junior year game.  Guy was a fucking MONSTER of an athlete.  Played Basketball against him too, and while he wasn't super skilled, he was so fucking big and explosive that he was still good for 20 a game! 

Hard to believe that he's thin.  He was most likely juicing like a guy even back then, but even if he was it was obviously worth it! lol

Bevo

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: March 18, 2019, 11:36:56 PM »
Steroids?

This is a genetic specimen, he was overloading his system to bulk up to 300 pounds.

He cut out breakfast and took up swimming, yoga and burpee's.

It's a simple and effective plan.

It's just like when an ifbb pro retires, in a years time they look like they've never set foot in a gym. These lineman go from looking like massive morbidly obese beasts to lean sinewy nba point guards body types.

You don’t need to be a genetic specimen to lose weight

What he did is nothing special, millions of dollars in the bank, all the time he needs, best food, nutrition he could get, personal chefs, etc,...

Bevo

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: March 18, 2019, 11:40:03 PM »
Small world!  I played against Leonard in HS, and he ran all over us!  Pretty sure he ran for over 300 yards in our Junior year game.  Guy was a fucking MONSTER of an athlete.  Played Basketball against him too, and while he wasn't super skilled, he was so fucking big and explosive that he was still good for 20 a game!  

Hard to believe that he's thin.  He was most likely juicing like a guy even back then, but even if he was it was obviously worth it! lol

Guy didn’t do shit in the nfl, and I believe he never played for the browns, now comparing to normal average joes, then yes

If you are talking Christian Mccaffrey, now that guy is a beast, his whole family is

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: March 19, 2019, 02:40:45 AM »
All you're seeing is elite genetics at work.

Joe Thomas had a 10 year run in the NFL plus the 3/4 years in college at Wisconsin where he had to eat to be a giant tub of goo.

Now in his mid 30's, without the help of a team sponsored dietitian or chef, he changed his diet and completely went back to his natural body weight and build.

Its obvious the guy has a fast metabolism and he retired at the right time.

It was work for him to be that heavy.
Guy was smart, played his ass off in his Hall of Fame career, retired and lost the unnecessary weight.  Most NFL lineman lose a lot of weight after retirement.  Those that don't die early.

IroNat

• Getbig V
  • "Woke is a cult." - Joe Rogan
« Reply #17 on: March 19, 2019, 03:57:03 AM »
Guy didn’t do shit in the nfl, and I believe he never played for the browns, now comparing to normal average joes, then yes

If you are talking Christian Mccaffrey, now that guy is a beast, his whole family is

Browns/Bengals...what's the difference.

Not a failure by any means.  Had shoulder issues.  Exceptional athlete.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brian_Leonard

Professional career
NFL Draft prospect

As an NFL prospect, Leonard was targeted by almost every draft expert and website to be the top fullback (as well as one of the higher-ranked halfbacks) and most likely will be playing a hybrid halfback / fullback / H-Back position in the pros. Leonard was projected as a day one selection, as high as the first round. In their pre-draft speculations. At the 2007 NFL Combine Leonard was timed at 4.49 in the 40-yard dash, which is exceptionally fast for a fullback and above average for a running back; also, bench pressed 225 lbs 28 times (most of any running back). NFL Network's Mike Mayock had Leonard ranked as the #4 running back in the draft. SportingNews says of Leonard that he was "misused as a traditional fullback... would prosper in a one-back set..."

Pre-draft measurables
Ht    Wt    40-yard dash    10-yd split    20-yd split    20-ss    3-cone    Vert jump    Broad    BP
6 ft 1 1⁄2 in
(1.87 m)    226 lb
(103 kg)    4.49 s    1.54 s    2.60 s    4.22 s    6.88 s    34 1⁄2 in
(0.88 m)    10 ft 2 in
(3.10 m)    28 reps
All values from NFL Combine.[4]

St. Louis Rams

On April 28, 2007, Leonard was selected by the St. Louis Rams in the second round with the 52nd overall pick of the 2007 NFL Draft. Leonard signed a four-year, $2.8 million contract on July 24, 2007, that includes $1.55 million in guaranteed money. Coach Scott Linehan decided to use Leonard as a fullback, running back, and a special third-down back, in relief of Steven Jackson. Linehan also stated that Leonard would see 15-20 snaps per game.[5] In rookie training camps, Leonard was one of only two running backs, the other being Brad Lau. “We only have two backs right now so I am running in single back and halfback so I will be the running back unless we get another running back in here,” Leonard said. “It’s nice to get the reps, but it is tiring.”[6] Leonard ran for the Rams first touchdown of the year against the Minnesota Vikings in preseason on August 10, 2007.[7] He had his first 100-yard rushing game, typically a milestone amongst running backs, on October 7, 2007 at home against the Arizona Cardinals.

Leonard underwent surgery on both his shoulders after the season.

Cincinnati Bengals

Leonard was traded to the Cincinnati Bengals on May 7, 2009 for defensive tackle Orien Harris.[8] His struggle for a roster spot was chronicled in the HBO series Hard Knocks with several parts focused on the battle between Leonard and DeDe Dorsey for the final running back spot.

Over the course of 2009 season, Leonard didn't see much rushing action because the team was using Cedric Benson as their primary running back and also signed Larry Johnson, limiting the number of Leonard's rushing attempts. However, he has often been targeted on third- and fourth down passing plays and has made several key conversions for the Bengals. For example, on September 27 in a game against the defending Super Bowl Champions Pittsburgh Steelers, Leonard caught a pass from Carson Palmer on 4th down, converting for the first down with 31 seconds left, extending the eventual winning drive. On December 27, he recorded an eight-yard reception in a 3rd-and-7 situation to keep what would eventually be the game-winning drive against the Kansas City Chiefs alive.

Tampa Bay Buccaneers

On April 1, 2013, the Tampa Bay Buccaneers signed Leonard reuniting him with his former head coach at Rutgers, Greg Schiano.[9]

New Orleans Saints

Leonard was brought in by multiple teams during training camp in 2014, but failed to secure a roster spot. Eventually, he signed with the New Orleans Saints on November 12, 2014,[10] but was released one week later.

USMC 1371

• Getbig II
« Reply #18 on: March 19, 2019, 04:08:45 AM »

You don’t need to be a genetic specimen to lose weight

What he did is nothing special, millions of dollars in the bank, all the time he needs, best food, nutrition he could get, personal chefs, etc,...

I agree. I’m never impressed with millionaires when they do a transformation. The people I’m impressed with are the people with real jobs working 40+ hours a week with kids at home.

Prudence

• Getbig IV
  • Not straight..but more importantly--not a gimmick.
« Reply #19 on: March 19, 2019, 04:56:28 AM »
I can smell the DNP from here.

Bevo

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: March 19, 2019, 05:43:59 AM »
Browns/Bengals...what's the difference.

Not a failure by any means.  Had shoulder issues.  Exceptional athlete.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brian_Leonard

Professional career
NFL Draft prospect

As an NFL prospect, Leonard was targeted by almost every draft expert and website to be the top fullback (as well as one of the higher-ranked halfbacks) and most likely will be playing a hybrid halfback / fullback / H-Back position in the pros. Leonard was projected as a day one selection, as high as the first round. In their pre-draft speculations. At the 2007 NFL Combine Leonard was timed at 4.49 in the 40-yard dash, which is exceptionally fast for a fullback and above average for a running back; also, bench pressed 225 lbs 28 times (most of any running back). NFL Network's Mike Mayock had Leonard ranked as the #4 running back in the draft. SportingNews says of Leonard that he was "misused as a traditional fullback... would prosper in a one-back set..."

Pre-draft measurables
Ht    Wt    40-yard dash    10-yd split    20-yd split    20-ss    3-cone    Vert jump    Broad    BP
6 ft 1 1⁄2 in
(1.87 m)    226 lb
(103 kg)    4.49 s    1.54 s    2.60 s    4.22 s    6.88 s    34 1⁄2 in
(0.88 m)    10 ft 2 in
(3.10 m)    28 reps
All values from NFL Combine.[4]

St. Louis Rams

On April 28, 2007, Leonard was selected by the St. Louis Rams in the second round with the 52nd overall pick of the 2007 NFL Draft. Leonard signed a four-year, $2.8 million contract on July 24, 2007, that includes $1.55 million in guaranteed money. Coach Scott Linehan decided to use Leonard as a fullback, running back, and a special third-down back, in relief of Steven Jackson. Linehan also stated that Leonard would see 15-20 snaps per game.[5] In rookie training camps, Leonard was one of only two running backs, the other being Brad Lau. “We only have two backs right now so I am running in single back and halfback so I will be the running back unless we get another running back in here,” Leonard said. “It’s nice to get the reps, but it is tiring.”[6] Leonard ran for the Rams first touchdown of the year against the Minnesota Vikings in preseason on August 10, 2007.[7] He had his first 100-yard rushing game, typically a milestone amongst running backs, on October 7, 2007 at home against the Arizona Cardinals.

Leonard underwent surgery on both his shoulders after the season.

Cincinnati Bengals

Leonard was traded to the Cincinnati Bengals on May 7, 2009 for defensive tackle Orien Harris.[8] His struggle for a roster spot was chronicled in the HBO series Hard Knocks with several parts focused on the battle between Leonard and DeDe Dorsey for the final running back spot.

Over the course of 2009 season, Leonard didn't see much rushing action because the team was using Cedric Benson as their primary running back and also signed Larry Johnson, limiting the number of Leonard's rushing attempts. However, he has often been targeted on third- and fourth down passing plays and has made several key conversions for the Bengals. For example, on September 27 in a game against the defending Super Bowl Champions Pittsburgh Steelers, Leonard caught a pass from Carson Palmer on 4th down, converting for the first down with 31 seconds left, extending the eventual winning drive. On December 27, he recorded an eight-yard reception in a 3rd-and-7 situation to keep what would eventually be the game-winning drive against the Kansas City Chiefs alive.

Tampa Bay Buccaneers

On April 1, 2013, the Tampa Bay Buccaneers signed Leonard reuniting him with his former head coach at Rutgers, Greg Schiano.[9]

New Orleans Saints

Leonard was brought in by multiple teams during training camp in 2014, but failed to secure a roster spot. Eventually, he signed with the New Orleans Saints on November 12, 2014,[10] but was released one week later.

Exceptional athlete, yes, but not in the NFL

He didn’t do shit, a bust if you want to call it that esp for a 2nd rounder

And the nfl experts had him pegged at the number 4 rb in the draft lol

Lol in 2007 undrafted RB Pierre Thomas had a much better career than this guy😂

USMC 1371

• Getbig II
« Reply #21 on: March 19, 2019, 06:05:47 AM »
Stellar career? No. But bust”s don’t play 8 years and get a NFL pension.

Bevo

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: March 19, 2019, 06:08:18 AM »
Stellar career? No. But bust”s don’t play 8 years and get a NFL pension.

Let’s be real here, did he really play those “8” years?  ;D

Now compare him to undrafted fellow 2007 class Pierre Thomas

lightweight83

• Getbig IV
« Reply #23 on: March 19, 2019, 07:43:50 AM »

I don't think you understand.  Where him and I are from, it is UNHEARD of to make it professionally in anything other than Hockey.  And the guys who make it in Hockey, end up going to play Juniors in Canada at age 15/16, so they typically only play one year of HS Hockey.

This guy was literally a local celebrity when we were in school.  We played him our Senior year at my home field, and the whole fucking town turned out.  I'm taking 3-4x the amount of people who typically go to see us play.  I wish I could say it was to watch us get a win, but it was honestly to watch him destroy us again like he did the year before! LOL!

Also, combine this with the fact that he's been one of the few white RB's to even do well in the college level, let alone make it to the League.  And before you quote me and reply "Hey Brian", this isn't him.  LOL  Just someone who hadn't thought of him or my HS playing days in years, and seeing him pop up on Getbig of all places, brought back memories. 

Mothballs

• Getbig IV
« Reply #24 on: March 19, 2019, 07:59:57 AM »
I don't think you understand.  Where him and I are from, it is UNHEARD of to make it professionally in anything other than Hockey.  And the guys who make it in Hockey, end up going to play Juniors in Canada at age 15/16, so they typically only play one year of HS Hockey.

This guy was literally a local celebrity when we were in school.  We played him our Senior year at my home field, and the whole fucking town turned out.  I'm taking 3-4x the amount of people who typically go to see us play.  I wish I could say it was to watch us get a win, but it was honestly to watch him destroy us again like he did the year before! LOL!

Also, combine this with the fact that he's been one of the few white RB's to even do well in the college level, let alone make it to the League.  And before you quote me and reply "Hey Brian", this isn't him.  LOL  Just someone who hadn't thought of him or my HS playing days in years, and seeing him pop up on Getbig of all places, brought back memories. 

Hi Brian!