Author Topic: Funny Tom platz  (Read 3221 times)

Fortress

• Getbig V
Re: Funny Tom platz
« Reply #25 on: March 21, 2019, 11:21:26 PM »
Tom’s a legend and he was always nice to me, but I’ve come to realize his training methods (and masochistic effort/“intensity”) are largely idiotic.

As a much younger man I thought it was cool.  ::)

I’ve worked out with Tom and can say with full confidence it was drugs and youth that allowed him to progress DESPITE a great deal of the nonsense in which he engaged.

Of course, he tore his one biceps to all shit, and his decision to retire likely saved the rest of his physical self. The injuries more than likely would have come fast and furious if he’d continued.

And let’s not forget his heart attack. Huge doses of Deca?

Oh, and it’s true re: his wife. With her, the two have veered into nutso territory. My last few communications with them (about a decade ago) were OUT there.

hardgainerj

• Getbig V
« Reply #26 on: March 21, 2019, 11:36:54 PM »
how to destroy your knees

Skylge

• Getbig IV
« Reply #27 on: March 22, 2019, 02:16:06 AM »
His lower body was bigger because of genetics.  He trained his upper body balls to the wall and even tore a bicep training his upper body.  If he wanted to do better for his symmetry he should have just cut way back on leg training.

His legs were his claim to fame. He was short, and his upper body no match for the top builders.
Lucky for him he could get his hands on GH before the rest was able to (or it was too expensive for them)

illuminati

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • The Strongest Shall Survive.- - Lest we Forget.
« Reply #28 on: March 22, 2019, 03:32:19 AM »
Tom’s a legend and he was always nice to me, but I’ve come to realize his training methods (and masochistic effort/“intensity”) are largely idiotic.

As a much younger man I thought it was cool.  ::)

I’ve worked out with Tom and can say with full confidence it was drugs and youth that allowed him to progress DESPITE a great deal of the nonsense in which he engaged.

Of course, he tore his one biceps to all shit, and his decision to retire likely saved the rest of his physical self. The injuries more than likely would have come fast and furious if he’d continued.

And let’s not forget his heart attack. Huge doses of Deca?

Oh, and it’s true re: his wife. With her, the two have veered into nutso territory. My last few communications with them (about a decade ago) were OUT there.

Cool - That you’ve trained with Tom certainly gives you a great insight
And that’s very interesting- As he’s a Legend.
The extreme & sloppy training style worked for him - only likely would’ve destroyed
Most other humans !!

I wasn’t aware he’d had a heart attack - When was that ?

And from what little I’ve seen / read about Tom & his Wife they certainly appear to
Have gone more than a Little Strange.

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: March 22, 2019, 03:48:21 AM »
His legs were his claim to fame. He was short, and his upper body no match for the top builders.
Lucky for him he could get his hands on GH before the rest was able to (or it was too expensive for them)
Yes, if he cut back on leg training and allowed them to shrink down to his upper body size he never would have become a pro to start with.  After becoming a pro I think he made more money than any other bodybuilder for years even after he retired by just doing seminars.

hardgainerj

• Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: March 22, 2019, 11:07:44 AM »
its a good thing platz didnt compete against prime arnold

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #31 on: March 22, 2019, 11:21:52 AM »
Embarrassing

The reason Tom Platz looked like he did was roids and probably he was one of the first GH users

All those excercises are ridiculous and futile

For fuck sake here we go again with the stupid comments.  ::)

illuminati

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • The Strongest Shall Survive.- - Lest we Forget.
« Reply #32 on: March 22, 2019, 11:25:58 AM »
Embarrassing

The reason Tom Platz looked like he did was roids and probably he was one of the first GH users

All those excercises are ridiculous and futile

Hmmmm and that cant be said for Arnold/ Sergio /Scott/ Haney Etc Etc
Just Good Ole Tom Used the Gear & GH  ::) ::) ::)

Grow up.