Author Topic: The Big Three of Presidential Elections  (Read 966 times)

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
The Big Three of Presidential Elections
« on: March 20, 2019, 11:49:39 AM »

1. Are we at war?
2. Incumbency.
3. The Economy.

Hard to see how Trump doesn’t get re-elected.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
Re: The Big Three of Presidential Elections
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2019, 12:40:10 PM »

1. Are we at war?
2. Incumbency.
3. The Economy.

I agree, although I wouldn't underestimate "the resistance."  I know any GOP candidate is always fighting against the MSM, but we've never seen this level of open unmitigated bias.  I do think the 90+ percent negative coverage will peel off votes.  Also, keep in mind that many people get their news from one source.  I legit had someone who watches nothing but CNN ask me about the member of the KKK in Trump's cabinet (talking about Steve Bannon).  I had another tell she could not name a single good thing Trump has done as POTUS.  She watches MSNBC and reads Huffington Post. 

I still think Trump will be reelected, if the economy keeps roaring, but I can see this media war having an impact. 

SOMEPARTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2019, 02:27:04 PM »
Seems Nov 2020 is a looooong time away with this aging bull market. Would NOT count on the market being up - anything could happen.

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2019, 02:51:22 PM »
Seems Nov 2020 is a looooong time away with this aging bull market. Would NOT count on the market being up - anything could happen.

As you say, anything can happen, but given the current state of the economy, low unemployment and solid GDP growth, barring a complete collapse, I think the economy is going to be in at least pretty good shape by 2020.

If it isn’t, are people on the fence really going to buy into one of these Democrats being better for the economy than Trump?

I can only imagine the state of liberals if Trump wins again. Just reading some of the comments on Twitter, these people are truly deranged as is.

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2019, 02:58:20 PM »
You and Thin Lizzy make some excellent points, but I don't see a Trump victory in 2020.
1. He might not even be in office by then ? I've always felt the guy is a loose cannon and might  get really frustrated and quit.

LOL

2. I don't see how he thread the rust belt needle again and win Ohio , Penn, etc.

He won those states in 2016 without the bully  pulpit. Now he has it plus a favorable track record.

3. No question that overall economic indicators are good, but it's a top heavy benefit.

The avg working slob ( like most of us) isn't doing much better now.

Many people can't even deal with an emergency if it's over $400.

In a good economy why on earth would anyone think that those who are good at making money wouldn’t do better than those who are average and below average?

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2019, 05:11:12 PM »
 :)
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

SOMEPARTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2019, 07:00:37 PM »
As you say, anything can happen, but given the current state of the economy, low unemployment and solid GDP growth, barring a complete collapse, I think the economy is going to be in at least pretty good shape by 2020.

If it isn’t, are people on the fence really going to buy into one of these Democrats being better for the economy than Trump?

I can only imagine the state of liberals if Trump wins again. Just reading some of the comments on Twitter, these people are truly deranged as is.

It should be, seeing that the FED has agreed to end tightening - but even in a rigged market there can be surprises.

SOMEPARTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2019, 07:04:11 PM »
You and Thin Lizzy make some excellent points, but I don't see a Trump victory in 2020.
1. He might not even be in office by then ? I've always felt the guy is a loose cannon and might  get really frustrated and quit.
Yuge ego, no chance.

2. I don't see how he thread the rust belt needle again and win Ohio , Penn, etc
Except for major metros Trump is well like in the midwest.

3. No question that overall economic indicators are good, but it's a top heavy benefit.
Imagine under Hillary where things would be right now.

The avg working slob ( like most of us) isn't doing much better now.
Maybe not a lot better but nobody is losing their house or car either.

Many people can't even deal with an emergency if it's over $400.
Couldn't under Obama either. Non issue.

chaos

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: March 21, 2019, 12:08:40 PM »
THIS hat with " Trump 2020, Fuk your feelings" is a big part of his appeal.
I always suggested that his policies weren't the main motivator to support him.

It was saying rude, insulting lines to liberals, they don't like.
It reminds me of a football game where you laugh and taunt the other side when your team scores.
This isn't about policy or running GOV.

It is a childish game of " King of the Hill".  ::)
Fuck your feelings.
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: March 21, 2019, 07:59:05 PM »

1. Are we at war?
2. Incumbency.
3. The Economy.

Scaramucci said Trump will be “very tough to beat” if three things work out: The U.S. economy continues to grow, the president’s border security strategy excites his political base, and his foreign policies yield results. CNBC  https://www.cnbc.com/2019/02/26/trumps-chances-in-2020-us-presidential-election-anthony-scaramucci.html

chaos

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: March 21, 2019, 08:39:03 PM »
How about ; " I feel good when I fuk your mom ? :D
I'd say the same about yours but I don't enjoy pounding sand. :-*
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!