Author Topic: How many problems purchase nearly everything at Amazon or online?  (Read 2701 times)

paloboi

• Getbig II
 I'm just curious I have gotten pretty bad I went to a mall for the first time in years I barely new what I was doing.

ratherbebig

• Getbig V
  • if you got more than 10k you're gay
Re: How many problems purchase nearly everything at Amazon or online?
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2019, 06:39:29 AM »
never.

the stuff i buy like expensive clothes, watches etc i want to try out in person

IroNat

• Getbig V
  • "Woke is a cult." - Joe Rogan
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2019, 10:01:31 AM »
Usually I go to WalMart and Home Depot.

WalMart has a good online ordering system too.

Occasionally I buy from Amazon.  Amazon is not always the cheapest.

Notomorrow

• Getbig IV
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2019, 10:17:03 AM »
I've started making the switch to online largely because of the dramatic decline in the quality of human worker. If its not literally pushing a button, it aint getting done. Had one troglodyte ringing me up at Ross  and when the shirt I was buying didn't have the right price to scan, asked me, the customer, to go hike back to where I got it and find out the price. Try doing an exchange or credit, might as well be presenting Advanced Calculus to the glazy eyed, pimple faced teen scanning his cell phone.

Shame I have to go online, Im kind of oldschool but the quality of worker has gone past incompetance. Three fucking clicks..I have what I want.

Dave D

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2019, 10:47:33 AM »
I've started making the switch to online largely because of the dramatic decline in the quality of human worker. If its not literally pushing a button, it aint getting done. Had one troglodyte ringing me up at Ross  and when the shirt I was buying didn't have the right price to scan, asked me, the customer, to go hike back to where I got it and find out the price. Try doing an exchange or credit, might as well be presenting Advanced Calculus to the glazy eyed, pimple faced teen scanning his cell phone.

Shame I have to go online, Im kind of oldschool but the quality of worker has gone past incompetance. Three fucking clicks..I have what I want.

Ive seen people negotiate discounts on untagged items at Ross. I didnt realize that was something that occurred in retail stores in first world countries.

ratherbebig

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2019, 11:45:20 AM »
cant trust amazon.

they let anyone sell stuff on there, no way to know if what youre getting is the real thing.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2019, 12:15:23 PM »
Usually I go to WalMart and Home Depot.

WalMart has a good online ordering system too.

Occasionally I buy from Amazon.  Amazon is not always the cheapest.

Aren't Walmart products pretty much the same quality and price as what one can find on the Internet? Personally, I have had nothing but success in ordering from Amazon and I find purchasing on-line is much less hassle than going to a mall or even individual retailers to buy stuff.

There are some things that I want to check out in person, such as home furnishings. For example when looking for a comfortable chair, I cannot know if that chair fits the bill until I actually sit in it. Unless you can order a sample swatch, you cannot know if the colors of items is different in person than it appears on your computer. For example, I ordered a large hand knotted Turkish rug on-line for the living room. Once it was down, the coloration was much warmer and more yellowish than it appeared in the photos on the Internet. Fortunately, it still worked with my decorating scheme, mainly because I don't want everything to match perfectly anyway.

IRON CROSS

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2019, 12:38:00 PM »
amazon.com is good

amazon.com.au sucks  :(

IroNat

• Getbig V
  • "Woke is a cult." - Joe Rogan
« Reply #8 on: March 23, 2019, 04:44:35 PM »
Aren't Walmart products pretty much the same quality and price as what one can find on the Internet? Personally, I have had nothing but success in ordering from Amazon and I find purchasing on-line is much less hassle than going to a mall or even individual retailers to buy stuff.

There are some things that I want to check out in person, such as home furnishings. For example when looking for a comfortable chair, I cannot know if that chair fits the bill until I actually sit in it. Unless you can order a sample swatch, you cannot know if the colors of items is different in person than it appears on your computer. For example, I ordered a large hand knotted Turkish rug on-line for the living room. Once it was down, the coloration was much warmer and more yellowish than it appeared in the photos on the Internet. Fortunately, it still worked with my decorating scheme, mainly because I don't want everything to match perfectly anyway.

There is a WalMart about 2 miles from my house.  I like going to WalMart.

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #9 on: March 23, 2019, 04:59:39 PM »
I shop at Amazon for a ton of stuff and have been doing it for years. Having said that years ago their prices were fantastic. Now they are not since they have everyone hooked in. One of the thing that drives me crazy is multiple pricing. Look up a running shoe. They will say something like $75 to $140 depending on size. Click your size and it's close to $140.  Try to be cute and pick the wrong size at first and they are on to you.  Your second click on size will be close to max price. On a positive note it sure saves time in a busy life. Click and two days later you have it.

ratherbebig

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: March 23, 2019, 05:04:11 PM »
love amazon.

love to see 1 star reviews and 5 star reviews for the same product.

reading the 1 star review you realize a lot of buyers bought a fake product. so you dont know if youre going to get the 5 star product or the fake 1 star product.

awesome!!

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #11 on: March 23, 2019, 05:56:48 PM »
I always try to buy from stores, instead of Amazon, but stores make it very easy to just go on Amazon.

I went to Dick's sporting good store to buy attachment handles for the gym. They were sold out. I went back a few days later, and the guy said they were out of stock. Waited another 5-6 days, and nothing.

Went on Amazon and purchased them and they arrived two days later. Dick's just lost a customer. How can a popular item be out of stock and take so long to re-stock?  ??? ??? Stores screw themselves over with their inept managing.
X

SOMEPARTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: March 23, 2019, 11:07:26 PM »
Dick's is down double digits since bowing to anti-gun pressure(pulling firearms from stores) and things will continue to get worse. Any retailer who casts off a core demographic is poorly run.

XFACTOR

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: March 24, 2019, 05:03:27 AM »
never.

the stuff i buy like expensive clothes, watches etc i want to try out in person

Funny you post this. I was on it last night trying to find some Tom Ford sunglasses and Gucci sneakers . The price point didn’t merit the risk of it not looking good. Saks it is...

SOMEPARTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: March 24, 2019, 10:38:23 AM »
Funny you post this. I was on it last night trying to find some Tom Ford sunglasses and Gucci sneakers . The price point didn’t merit the risk of it not looking good. Saks it is...

Conker approved post.

illuminati

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • The Strongest Shall Survive.- - Lest we Forget.
« Reply #15 on: March 24, 2019, 11:42:20 AM »
never.

the stuff i buy like inexpensive clothes, watches, Croc’s, Derelict house etc i want to try out in person

Fixed For Accuracy. 👍🏻

Hypertrophy

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: March 24, 2019, 12:26:58 PM »
I buy online 90% of the time. It’s a fantasy to think there is something special about local stores. Unless it is handcrafted onsite they buy everything online too/ or through distributors which is essentially the same thing.

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #17 on: March 24, 2019, 07:31:52 PM »
The days of going to store and having hot chicks help you are gone. You go to a mall and all of the workers are gay, Mexican or black.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: March 24, 2019, 07:41:37 PM »
The days of going to store and having hot chicks help you are gone. You go to a mall and all of the workers are gay, Mexican or black.

How do you know they are gay? Did they ask you out on a date? Perhaps they offered to measure your inseam even though you were buying a shirt.  ;D

Hypertrophy

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: March 24, 2019, 08:25:03 PM »
How do you know they are gay? Did they ask you out on a date? Perhaps they offered to measure your inseam even though you were buying a shirt.  ;D

They talk with a lisp. You know this.

IRON CROSS

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: March 24, 2019, 11:23:50 PM »
I always try to buy from stores, instead of Amazon, but stores make it very easy to just go on Amazon.

Why Amazon don't sell Biceps Supinators  ??? :(

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: March 25, 2019, 12:20:04 AM »
They talk with a lisp. You know this.

Ha, ha....keep that thought.  ::)

YngiweRhoads

• Getbig V
  • Shreddin'
« Reply #22 on: March 25, 2019, 02:07:00 AM »
Ebay and Amazon for most non-food items.

Better prices and return policies. It's also at my door in 24-48 hrs with a Prime membership.

I'll use independent vendors for random items I can't find through Ebay or Amazon. Brick and mortar shopping is shitty experience these days.

XFACTOR

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: March 25, 2019, 06:00:25 AM »
Fixed For Accuracy. 👍🏻

LOL @ Crocs hahaha

kh300

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: March 25, 2019, 07:38:01 AM »
Everything I can. I can't imagine how much I save on avoiding NY state sales taxes.