Author Topic: i can see the finish line! and what follows is an even greater race  (Read 3102 times)

ratherbebig

• Getbig V
  • if you got more than 10k you're gay
bros, ive been dieting now for almost 3 months, im still not where i wanna be, hold a little fat around the mid section, but i can see the finish line!

this is exciting indeed!

because after that follows an even greater race as im preparing myself for hypertrophy!

starving myself for this long it will be very interesting to see how my body responds when i go into full training mood and add 700 or so calories to my diet, most of which will be protein!

will also be interesting to see how the body look when you're training with low body fat levels, i think that's a motivation in itself... no wonder people who are constantly bulking never train abs etc...

if you havent dieted, maybe now is a good time to start, maybe you dont need to do it for 3 months like me. or maybe you do, but then you can look forward to the season of hypertrophy come this fall.

myt1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Re: i can see the finish line! and what follows is an even greater race
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2019, 02:19:10 PM »
bros, ive been dieting now for almost 3 months, im still not where i wanna be, hold a little fat around the mid section, but i can see the finish line!

this is exciting indeed!

because after that follows an even greater race as im preparing myself for hypertrophy!

starving myself for this long it will be very interesting to see how my body responds when i go into full training mood and add 700 or so calories to my diet, most of which will be protein!

will also be interesting to see how the body look when you're training with low body fat levels, i think that's a motivation in itself... no wonder people who are constantly bulking never train abs etc...

if you havent dieted, maybe now is a good time to start, maybe you dont need to do it for 3 months like me. or maybe you do, but then you can look forward to the season of hypertrophy come this fall.

Define "a little fat around the midsection", cuz it seems that was pretty much your status on Jan 7 when you started your thread ???

ratherbebig

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2019, 02:25:12 PM »
Define "a little fat around the midsection", cuz it seems that was pretty much your status on Jan 7 when you started your thread ???

i'm able to pinch it between my thumb and index finger

myt1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2019, 02:26:50 PM »
i'm able to pinch it between my thumb and index finger

I was inquiring about your fat levels not your dick....

AbrahamG

• Getbig V
  • Team Pfizer
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2019, 03:17:12 PM »
I was inquiring about your fat levels not your dick....

Beat me to it.

myt1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2019, 07:08:20 PM »
Beat me to it.

The ball was on the tee.....I had no choice but to swing right away ;D

ratherbebig

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2019, 03:16:48 AM »
the balls, not the ball  >:(

dan18

• Getbig V
  • I DID WHAT I DID BECAUSE I DO WHAT I WANT.
« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2019, 05:22:32 AM »
The ball was on the tee.....I had no choice but to swing right away ;D
Happy Madison style
p

ratherbebig

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: March 27, 2019, 06:45:24 AM »
so i take it there's 2 getbiggers right now dieting.

me and the coach.

and then there's 1 getbigger into hypertrophy: go4it.

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #9 on: March 27, 2019, 06:52:11 AM »
Define "a little fat around the midsection",

A thought that popped into his head that appeared directionally close to his fake storyline.
Y

ratherbebig

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: March 27, 2019, 11:38:58 AM »
A thought that popped into his head that appeared directionally close to his fake storyline.

nothing fake here dude

dont be hating on me just because you cant handle 3 months of dieting

IRON CROSS

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: March 27, 2019, 11:53:23 AM »
nothing fake here dude

a u "dieting" 4 all arabia camel race ?

ratherbebig

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: March 27, 2019, 11:58:25 AM »

a u "dieting" 4 all arabia camel race ?

dieting for mr olympia.

expo.

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #13 on: March 27, 2019, 12:16:29 PM »
nothing fake here dude

If I can handle 3 months of reading your posts I can handle anything.
Y

ratherbebig

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: March 27, 2019, 12:55:15 PM »

thats the spirit!

robcguns

• Getbig V
  • Founder of the proud straight white male movement
« Reply #15 on: March 27, 2019, 01:56:34 PM »

Hahaha

Hypertrophy

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: March 27, 2019, 02:19:04 PM »

this is exciting indeed!

You must have been pretty heavy at the start of this. Your original post had you somewhere between 2000 and 1500 calories per day - I think you wrote you were running 1500 a day. Unless you are a total invalid, your BMR consumed about 2500-2800 calories per day. So you were running ~ a 1000 calorie deficit. I personally have done this, painfully, and dropped 2-3 pounds a week. Obviously not all fat. Lets say you were losing 2 pounds a week. If you truly were starving you's be losing 3 but let's be conservative.

So 12 weeks x 2 = 24. That's a decent drop. And you still can't see abs? You must have been 30-40 pounds heavy when this started?

Adding back 700 calories (so 1500+700) gives you only 2200. That is still under your BMR. You won't gain any muscle at all.

So unless I am misreading your posts, you are headed towards failure.

ratherbebig

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: March 27, 2019, 02:24:24 PM »
You must have been pretty heavy at the start of this. Your original post had you somewhere between 2000 and 1500 calories per day - I think you wrote you were running 1500 a day. Unless you are a total invalid, your BMR consumed about 2500-2800 calories per day. So you were running ~ a 1000 calorie deficit. I personally have done this, painfully, and dropped 2-3 pounds a week. Obviously not all fat. Lets say you were losing 2 pounds a week. If you truly were starving you's be losing 3 but let's be conservative.

So 12 weeks x 2 = 24. That's a decent drop. And you still can't see abs? You must have been 30-40 pounds heavy when this started?

Adding back 700 calories (so 1500+700) gives you only 2200. That is still under your BMR. You won't gain any muscle at all.

more likely 1 pound per week. past week standing still so a total of about 10 pounds in 10 weeks.

myt1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #18 on: March 27, 2019, 02:35:42 PM »
the balls, not the ball  >:(

U sure? When's the last time you did a "self examination"?

It's important to do as we men get older you know, right?

Hypertrophy

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: March 27, 2019, 02:42:28 PM »
more likely 1 pound per week. past week standing still so a total of about 10 pounds in 10 weeks.

Man- you must have a very slow metabolism then! A pound a week is very roughly 3500 cal deficit or 500 a day. Since you said you were going down to about 1500 that's only 2000 kcal a day energy consumption at non diet levels!

ilalin

• Getbig IV
  • Боже правде
« Reply #20 on: March 27, 2019, 02:43:26 PM »
stupid thread and a stupid way to diet

myt1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #21 on: March 27, 2019, 02:44:16 PM »

BAM! ;D

DOUBLE BAM! 8)

And he's obviously either stupid or just trolling at this point.

Giving you the benefit of the doubt that your not trolling, and actually are dieting.....these results are pathetic.  I posted exact weights and bf of mine since 12-29-18 in your other thread, and I obviously was telling the truth as nothing I wrote was anything to brag about.  It was actually kind of freeing to be so humbled and humiliated to type it, but it is what it is....for now.

My results smoke yours, and I'm not even "dieting" let alone running a caloric deficit.  I'm also coming off of almost 3 years of being scared to death to train again, and haven't even made my way past the warm up/girl's rack of d-bells yet, and didn't train for a whole month due to all the snow and cold here.

If you're not trolling, you are failing in a massive way. :'(

ratherbebig

• Getbig V

ratherbebig

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: March 27, 2019, 02:49:50 PM »
Man- you must have a very slow metabolism then! A pound a week is very roughly 3500 cal deficit or 500 a day. Since you said you were going down to about 1500 that's only 2000 kcal a day energy consumption at non diet levels!

what would the benefit be, towards the end result, if i lost twice the amount per week?

Hypertrophy

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: March 27, 2019, 03:02:46 PM »
what would the benefit be, towards the end result, if i lost twice the amount per week?

Losing 1 pound a week is actually a great way to get lean- your body doesn't go through shock that higher weight loss levels can trigger. But your math seems to not make any sense. An average guy between the ages of 30-60 easily burns 2500 calories a day unless they are very small or very sedentary. You said you work out so I don't think it's sedentary. What weight did you start at?

For comparison, I weigh 190-200 at 5'9". When I am super lean I am in the mid to high 170's. That's less than 8% BF ( i had it hydrostatically tested). I burn 2500-3000 calories a day in maintenance mode. Going to 2200-2300 or so a day I lose about a pound a week. At 2000 its 2+ pounds.