Author Topic: 🤡 Joker - This movie looks very good - October 2019  (Read 186668 times)

Pray_4_War

• Getbig V
  • Thot Expert
Re: JOKER: This movie looks very good
« Reply #25 on: April 04, 2019, 11:26:49 AM »
Anyone that shits on him hasn't seen Walk the Line. By far his biggest accomplishment

People make fun of him for whispering a lot.  I think he's fucking great.

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #26 on: April 04, 2019, 11:28:29 AM »
Anyone that shits on him hasn't seen Walk the Line. By far his biggest accomplishment
Walk The Line is great as are a lot of his films.  Fantastic actor.  Most people with a cleft lip wouldn't even think of going into acting for a profession but it hasn't hurt him at all plus his upbringing was totally fucked up as well.  Overcame a lot.

XFACTOR

• Getbig V
« Reply #27 on: April 04, 2019, 11:36:48 AM »
Walk The Line is great as are a lot of his films.  Fantastic actor.  Most people with a cleft lip wouldn't even think of going into acting for a profession but it hasn't hurt him at all plus his upbringing was totally fucked up as well.  Overcame a lot.

Never thought about that.  You're right someone with a cleft lip would typically be too insecure to even think about acting in movies. He's worked the lip well.

2ND COMING

• Getbig V
  • Might is right.
« Reply #28 on: April 04, 2019, 11:37:28 AM »
Wider than heath

myt1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #29 on: April 04, 2019, 11:53:01 AM »
Probably not all of them, but almost all.    Hollywood refuses to depict blacks in a realistic way. 

Good lord, the kid in the middle and the chunky fuck on the right in the front of the 2nd pic look like they are 14. 

Truly sad how their "culture" is, and mom's are proud of their babies. :'(

SOMEPARTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: April 04, 2019, 01:47:10 PM »
His gma is 45yo, haha.

Titus Pullo

• Getbig IV
« Reply #31 on: April 04, 2019, 03:06:22 PM »
It seems interesting, but the guy is getting his ass kicked left and right.  It would have been better to show him get beat up a couple of times, then go savage on his former bullies with all manner of the ol' *ultra violence,* a'la Alex DeLarge from "A Clockwork Orange." 

Kwon

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #32 on: April 05, 2019, 12:37:36 AM »
His gma is 45yo, haha.

You mean the actress playing her.
Q

Kwon

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #33 on: April 05, 2019, 12:38:47 AM »
It seems interesting, but the guy is getting his ass kicked left and right.  It would have been better to show him get beat up a couple of times, then go savage on his former bullies with all manner of the ol' *ultra violence,* a'la Alex DeLarge from "A Clockwork Orange." 

I think he WILL go savage on some of them, but it's not shown in the trailer, just some blood shown on his face.

Have to wait until release.

Let's see how brave Hollywood is regarding this movie, and if the scene with the chainsaw will still be in.
Q

Royalty

• Getbig V
  • Mentzer is Alive
« Reply #34 on: April 05, 2019, 01:21:03 AM »
I think he WILL go savage on some of them, but it's not shown in the trailer, just some blood shown on his face.

Have to wait until release.

Let's see how brave Hollywood is regarding this movie, and if the scene with the chainsaw will still be in.

That is a good thing. I’m glad that the trailer did not show too much of the movie.

Matt

• Getbig V
  • YouTube FitnessByMatt
« Reply #35 on: April 05, 2019, 01:47:47 AM »

this!!! Fuck Ledger!!!....Nicholson WAS STILL THE BEST!!!!

Hmm?  I think both characters were too different to be compared, honestly.

I really couldn't stand the "Ledger's Joker blew away Nicholson's version!"

Pfft...if Al Pacino could get an Academy Award nod for his 1990 role as Alphonse "Big Boy" Caprice in Dick Tracy, I think Nicholson should have been nominated as well.  But, as some may know, Nicholson was first-billed in the 1989 Batman movie...so he was technically an actor in a leading role.  Maybe that was why he didn't get a nomination, as such a character was not regarded as appropriate fare for a Best Actor nod...whereas Pacino was a clear supporting character, getting him the nomination.

In other words - Nicholson did an amazing job, IMO.  That was the first movie I saw in Thunder Bay, when I moved here in 1989, when I was seven years old.  I remember the whole theatre laughing when The Joker pulled out that super long gun, lol.

I recently bought a 75" TV [it was a 2018 clear-out model that was $1,000 off].  How big were movie screens at the time?  Like 200"?  Probably not very big at all.

That all said, I do think Ledger did very well as The Joker.  But still - he was too different from Nicholson's Joker to be compared.  I also think Ledger intentionally put himself into psychosist with the various drug cocktails that ultimately killed him.

I can't stand when people make comments about "Person A *blowing away* Person B", as many said Ledger's Joker blew away Nicholson's Joker.

They were just too different.  And, both were excellent - again, IMO.

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: April 05, 2019, 02:17:05 AM »
Greatest movie ever.  Only movie to change my vocabulary.

ratherbebig

• Getbig V
  • if you got more than 10k you're gay
« Reply #37 on: April 05, 2019, 02:23:44 AM »
people who expect a super hero movie will probably be disappointed. looks more like this

Dokey111

• Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: April 05, 2019, 05:04:32 AM »
people who expect a super hero movie will probably be disappointed. looks more like this

.. which is a great fucking movie

seCrawler

• Getbig IV
« Reply #39 on: April 05, 2019, 05:16:00 AM »
Probably not all of them, but almost all.    Hollywood refuses to depict blacks in a realistic way. 

that's subculture, just like skinheads, k k k, and all your friendly neighborhood white organizations.

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: April 05, 2019, 05:17:32 AM »
that's subculture, just like skinheads, k k k, and all your friendly neighborhood white organizations.
You're joking, right?

a_pupil

• Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: April 05, 2019, 05:27:34 AM »
I thought the joker was a mob goon, not a soyboi norman bates clone

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #42 on: April 05, 2019, 09:37:47 AM »
I thought the joker was a mob goon, not a soyboi norman bates clone
He does look weak in that trailer.

The Scott

• Getbig V
  • I'm a victim of soicumcision!!
« Reply #43 on: April 05, 2019, 09:43:40 AM »
Out of worthy storylines?  No problem.  Morally bankrupt?  No problem.  Out of it's collective mind?   Must be...

...Hollyweird.

Pass.

Pray_4_War

• Getbig V
  • Thot Expert
« Reply #44 on: April 05, 2019, 10:21:50 AM »

It's very apparent that thug culture is the dominant black culture.  Ignorance, hyper-sexuality, drugs, criminality.  Fuck you, I'm gonna get mine.

Example......

Kwon

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #45 on: April 05, 2019, 10:50:06 AM »
It's very apparent that thug culture is the dominant black culture.  Ignorance, hyper-sexuality, drugs, criminality.  Fuck you, I'm gonna get mine.

Example......

Dindu behavior like that can get you killed.
Q

BB

• Getbig V
  • I hope I'm not boring you.
« Reply #46 on: April 05, 2019, 10:54:05 AM »
This script seems to draw from 1988's Killing Joke graphic novel at least a little. In that one the Joker is basically a nibbishy guy beaten down by life, that falls in with the Mob for one stick up that goes awry. So the concept of a soft Joker origin isn't entirely unknown. Also Phoenix doesn't do sequels, so they probably are taking a lot of leeway because it's a one and done film.

Pray_4_War

• Getbig V
  • Thot Expert
« Reply #47 on: April 05, 2019, 10:54:39 AM »
Dindu behavior like that can get you killed.

When keepin' it real goes wrong.

Kwon

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #48 on: April 05, 2019, 10:56:27 AM »
THE BEHAVIOR OF THE DIND (In it's Natural Habitat)

Now, what would happen if them dat dere roles were dat dere reversed dere?
Q

ratherbebig

• Getbig V
  • if you got more than 10k you're gay
« Reply #49 on: April 05, 2019, 12:38:48 PM »
how did a thread about the joker movie come to be about that dead rapper on the plane? who already have his own thread by the way

are we going to judge all rappers or all african americans because of the behaviour of this one african american rapper? that seems pretty silly.