Author Topic: STAR WARS IX - Trailer (updated with new footage and liberal agenda)  (Read 38520 times)

Griffith

• Getbig V
Re: STAR WARS IX - Trailer (updated with new footage and liberal agenda)
« Reply #150 on: October 29, 2019, 12:43:05 AM »
Would be great to have a film from the perspective of the Galactic Empire.

And set the record straight on a number of things.

For 19 years, the Empire was at peace, the Emperor had done all he had promised, to unite the galaxy and eliminate the military threat of the Secessionist regime. Instead of using conscripts and sacrificing the lives of his citizens, the Emperor opted instead to use a Clone Army to spare the people as much as possible from the horrors of war. The result of the successful defensive war was peace, order and stability across the galaxy.

That was until rebel insurgents aligned with bandits and criminal cartels launched attacks on the government, stole military equipment and plans and plunged the universe into a galactic war killing countless billions and causing chaos. These 'liberators' had no qualms killing the conscripts of the Imperial Armed Forces, launching pirate attacks on transport ships, disrupting communications between worlds and subjecting local populations to starvation due to lack of supplies.

The increasing numbers of rebel attacks and the military threat posed to territories under imperial protection forced the government, after 19 peaceful years, to transfer control of the territories to the direct control of the military in order to prevent the situation from spiralling out of control.

Plans for the peace-keeping weapon the DEATH STAR, were also stolen by these rebels, a technology which could not be allowed to fall into the hands of a rogue regime which could use the same weapon against the government and its people.

It is true that a planet was a destroyed, but this planet was a base of terrorist operations and the attack via the super-weapon was aimed at ending the war as quickly as possible and saving the lives of countless billions.

Some may claim that the Empire is prejudiced against non-humans, but this is merely rebel propaganda. The successor to Emperor Palpatine and Supreme Commander of the Imperial Armed Forces, Grand Admiral Thrawn, is a Chiss, who has led the Empire in a string of spectacular victories against the rebels and their crumbling factions.

As it stands, the Galactic Empire under the protection of the Imperial Fleet, still controls over one quarter of the known universe, and is successfully reclaiming government territory and liberating the population from the anarchy, banditry and lawlessness of the rebel regime.

Desolate

• Getbig V
  • I dream of Gods
« Reply #151 on: October 29, 2019, 06:45:02 AM »
You want to know something?

That really is another way, a legitimate way, in which to look at it.

One can also make the case that Palpatine was never really allowed to govern or fully implement his overall plans since he pretty much faced a resistance from day one - the Rebel Alliance, started in secret by Bail Organa, Mon Mothma, Padme Amidala Skywalker... and a few other senators.

Resistance. Hmmm...

Remind you of anyone else? ;)

Kwon

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #152 on: October 29, 2019, 06:55:08 AM »
You want to know something?

That really is another way, a legitimate way, in which to look at it.

One can also make the case that Palpatine was never really allowed to govern or fully implement his overall plans since he pretty much faced a resistance from day one - the Rebel Alliance, started in secret by Bail Organa, Mon Mothma, Padme Amidala Skywalker... and a few other senators.

Resistance. Hmmm...

Remind you of anyone else? ;)

I've always supported Darth Trump, best Sith-Lord ever!

Q

Hulkotron

• Getbig V
  • significantly cheaper and federally legal
« Reply #153 on: October 29, 2019, 06:57:29 AM »
Mando looks good

Desolate

• Getbig V
  • I dream of Gods
« Reply #154 on: October 29, 2019, 07:14:23 AM »
I've always supported Darth Trump, best Sith-Lord ever!

Yes. 8)

As a Trump supporter, one may think I would be pissed about pictures like these.

They would be wrong.

Sith are true badasses... and Trump would make one hell of a Sith. 8)

Desolate

• Getbig V
  • I dream of Gods
« Reply #155 on: October 29, 2019, 07:16:07 AM »

Griffith

• Getbig V
« Reply #156 on: October 29, 2019, 07:35:09 AM »

Kwon

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #157 on: October 29, 2019, 07:39:06 AM »
Q

gmflex

• Getbig V
  • The Empire lives...you rebel scum!!!

gmflex

• Getbig V
  • The Empire lives...you rebel scum!!!
« Reply #159 on: October 29, 2019, 09:32:23 AM »
Yes. 8)

As a Trump supporter, one may think I would be pissed about pictures like these.

They would be wrong.

Sith are true badasses... and Trump would make one hell of a Sith. 8)

;D    ;D

He doesn't give a shit who he offends..

;D.   ;D

If trumps wins re election ..
Wonder if pence would follow trumps mantra if he decides to run for president ?

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #160 on: October 29, 2019, 10:04:34 AM »

It is true that a planet was a destroyed, but this planet was a base of terrorist operations and the attack via the super-weapon was aimed at ending the war as quickly as possible and saving the lives of countless billions.

Alderaan was a base?

I'm not sure it was.

If it wasn't it invalidates the whole premise.
Y

Griffith

• Getbig V
« Reply #161 on: October 29, 2019, 11:39:19 AM »
Alderaan was a base?

I'm not sure it was.

I find your lack of faith disturbing.

Desolate

• Getbig V
  • I dream of Gods
« Reply #162 on: October 29, 2019, 11:59:19 AM »
Alderaan was a base?

I'm not sure it was.

Alderaan was one of the important core worlds of the Galactic Republic.

The planet had no defense force.

However, the planet was led by Senator Bail Organa, former first chairman and viceroy.

Organa was a secret founding member of the Rebel Alliance. He pretended loyalty to Emperor Sheev Palpatine in the Imperial Senate. In reality, he was a rebel.

In the eyes of the Galactic Empire, he and anyone like him was a terrorist... including his daughter Leia Organa.

Darth Vader had long suspected Leia of being a rebel sympathizer at best, or an actual rebel agent at worst. (see some EU including the excellent radio drama)

Once she is caught in her father's starship above Tatooine, after having fled the Scarif system with a copy of the Death Star schematics, Darth Vader now knows beyond any doubt that Leia Organa is Rebellion. It isn't much of a stretch to see that the father is also Rebellion.

Tarkin sets out to make an example of her, her father, and their people. Bail is on the planet when it happens.

Traitors within the Galactic Empire would not be tolerated.

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #163 on: October 29, 2019, 12:15:31 PM »
Alderaan was one of the important core worlds of the Galactic Republic.

The planet had no defense force.

However, the planet was led by Senator Bail Organa, former first chairman and viceroy.

Organa was a secret founding member of the Rebel Alliance. He pretended loyalty to Emperor Sheev Palpatine in the Imperial Senate. In reality, he was a rebel.

In the eyes of the Galactic Empire, he and anyone like him was a terrorist... including his daughter Leia Organa.

Darth Vader had long suspected Leia of being a rebel sympathizer at best, or an actual rebel agent at worst. (see some EU including the excellent radio drama)

Once she is caught in her father's starship above Tatooine, after having fled the Scarif system with a copy of the Death Star schematics, Vader knows now beyond any doubt that Leia Organa is Rebellion. It isn't much of a stretch to see that the father is also Rebellion.

Tarkin sets out to make an example of her, her father, and their people. Bail is on the planet when it happens.

Traitors within the Galactic Empire would not be tolerated.

I'm aware of the backstory, just that it seems like a completely unnecessary show of force (when trying to view it from the lens of a member of the empire trying to justify actions).  I think the argument falls flat there.  They showed the power of the Death Star in Rogue One, so a repeat was not vital.
Y

Griffith

• Getbig V
« Reply #164 on: October 29, 2019, 12:22:49 PM »
I'm aware of the backstory, just that it seems like a completely unnecessary show of force (when trying to view it from the lens of a member of the empire trying to justify actions).  I think the argument falls flat there.  They showed the power of the Death Star in Rogue One, so a repeat was not vital.

The USA dropped an atomic bomb on Hiroshima and then on Nagasaki.

Sometimes using a super-weapon once is not enough to get the message to sink in.

The principles are the same, to crush the enemy's will to fight, force them to surrender and save the lives of your own citizens, irrespective of if you have to kill civilians in the process. Civilians who are part of the enemy apparatus, manpower and economy.

And as mentioned, Alderaan was a powerbase for the rebels. But its destruction was also intended to be a huge psychological blow, that any more fighting from the rebels would be met with the same response. The aim was for an immediate end to the war.

Griffith

• Getbig V
« Reply #165 on: November 08, 2019, 10:08:10 AM »
If we are to accept the alternate reality as presented by Disney of the last few movies as canon, then they are also a serious indictment into the state of the so-called 'New Republic'.

30 years after the Battle of Endor, and the withdrawal of most of the Imperial Fleet and Galactic government to consolidate their forces, we are shown a galaxy where a great number of people live in poverty and squalid conditions. Nothing has improved, actually, it looks like things are worse.

In fact, the current government is divided into the 'Populists', led by Leia, who favour more self-rule and the 'Centrists' who are nostalgic for the days of order and discipline under the Empire and wish to re-create a similar system. For 30 years the government has been weak, disorganized and fragmented, confirming everything the Galactic Empire had warned would happen if rebels took over.

And not even the government of the 'New Republic' is willing to wage a war against the First Order. Why? Because a large amount of their financial backing is in fact coming from within, from citizens and those in government.

This is why a militia is formed under Leia, the 'Resistance', and sets out to fight against a relatively small private army formed from remnants of the Imperial Armed Forces. The advanced technological levels, and ship and weapons innovations of the First Order also indicate that a large number of top scientists and engineers chose to rather abandon the rebel government and rather support the successors of the Galactic Empire.

The First Order consider themselves a liberation force and so do vast amounts of people and territory under the currently occupied territories held by the rebels.

Desolate

• Getbig V
  • I dream of Gods
« Reply #166 on: November 11, 2019, 07:49:14 PM »
If we are to accept the alternate reality as presented by Disney of the last few movies as canon, then they are also a serious indictment into the state of the so-called 'New Republic'.

30 years after the Battle of Endor, and the withdrawal of most of the Imperial Fleet and Galactic government to consolidate their forces, we are shown a galaxy where a great number of people live in poverty and squalid conditions. Nothing has improved, actually, it looks like things are worse.

In fact, the current government is divided into the 'Populists', led by Leia, who favour more self-rule and the 'Centrists' who are nostalgic for the days of order and discipline under the Empire and wish to re-create a similar system. For 30 years the government has been weak, disorganized and fragmented, confirming everything the Galactic Empire had warned would happen if rebels took over.

And not even the government of the 'New Republic' is willing to wage a war against the First Order. Why? Because a large amount of their financial backing is in fact coming from within, from citizens and those in government.

This is why a militia is formed under Leia, the 'Resistance', and sets out to fight against a relatively small private army formed from remnants of the Imperial Armed Forces. The advanced technological levels, and ship and weapons innovations of the First Order also indicate that a large number of top scientists and engineers chose to rather abandon the rebel government and rather support the successors of the Galactic Empire.

The First Order consider themselves a liberation force and so do vast amounts of people and territory under the currently occupied territories held by the rebels.

This is very good and very true.

Would/could have been useful in the films too to possibly show disenchantment with The New Republic and apathy if not downright spite towards The Resistance.

The problem becomes how to get that across in the film(s) without it seeming like you're spoon feeding exposition to the audience?

Hulkotron

• Getbig V
  • significantly cheaper and federally legal
« Reply #167 on: November 12, 2019, 02:28:47 AM »
Mandalorian is supposedly very good.

Pray_4_War

• Getbig V
  • Thot Expert
« Reply #168 on: November 12, 2019, 01:00:41 PM »

Desolate

• Getbig V
  • I dream of Gods
« Reply #170 on: November 12, 2019, 06:50:09 PM »
George Lucas Reacts to Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker Final Trailer.

One of the funniest fucking things you will ever see.

George Lucas commenting on Disney's Sequel Trilogy in general, and The Rise of Skywalker in particular as he views the final trailer.

Direct link:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_MuxVqB3I7E

The guy's voice... his impersonation is amazing. 8) ;D

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #171 on: November 14, 2019, 07:02:59 AM »
I’m super excited for the sequels featuring Rose. 

Griffith

• Getbig V
« Reply #172 on: November 21, 2019, 06:53:49 AM »
Undercover Boss: Kylo Ren goes undercover at Starkiller base.

Desolate

• Getbig V
  • I dream of Gods
« Reply #173 on: November 21, 2019, 07:34:48 PM »
The picture that speaks a thousand words. :(

Once upon a time there was Star Wars.

And then...

Disney Corp. + Lucasfilm (aka Kathleen Kennedy) + SJW + Forced Diversity + Metoo = FUCKING DISASTER!

Desolate

• Getbig V
  • I dream of Gods
« Reply #174 on: November 21, 2019, 07:55:54 PM »
A few pics from Entertainment Weekly.