Author Topic: Collage vs. McDonalds - what to do?  (Read 4192 times)

GymnJuice

• Getbig V
Re: Mcdonlalds vs College
« Reply #25 on: April 21, 2019, 03:08:45 PM »
No, I am not joking.

I thought Gender Studies would open doors for many opportunities, since it encompasses a broad range of human experiences, which could be applied to many fields of discipline.

How many genders did you study?

Notomorrow

• Getbig IV
« Reply #26 on: April 21, 2019, 03:11:56 PM »
I am happy to say that via my job, I have helped promote many liberal and democratic ideas regarding many social issues.
Ahhh..government. Yeah gender studies and philosophy might help you spend Mcdonalds tax money...point taken.

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #27 on: April 21, 2019, 03:12:13 PM »
How many genders did you study?

Multiple.
X

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #28 on: April 21, 2019, 03:12:55 PM »
Ahhh..government. Yeah gender studies and philosophy might help you spend Mcdonalds tax money...point taken.

That is incorrect.
X

IRON CROSS

• Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: April 21, 2019, 03:23:41 PM »
I will still be looking to movie to Australia with Mr. Basile.

We have been in communication and are looking to buy a condo together.

This is so touchy  :'

(suggestion: try to see 'Wolf Creek' , Aussie film about tourism  ;D)

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #30 on: April 21, 2019, 03:27:17 PM »
This so touchy  :'

(suggestion: try to see 'Wolf Creek' , Aussie film about tourism  ;D)

Saw Wolf Creek. It was "meh."
X

IRON CROSS

• Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: April 21, 2019, 03:31:19 PM »
Saw Wolf Creek. It was "meh."

;D , cops could not lock him up , 'no evidence' WTF  ::)

IRON CROSS

• Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: April 21, 2019, 03:42:44 PM »
I am happy to say that via my job, I have helped promote many liberal and democratic ideas regarding many social issues.

U could be GB John of Arc    :)

Bevo

• Getbig V
  • Middle Urinal at Buc-ee’s
« Reply #33 on: April 21, 2019, 03:48:31 PM »
In N Out burger is better to work at than McDonald’s, higher pay, better benefits, and management makes 100k+ a year

IroNat

• Getbig V
  • "Woke is a cult." - Joe Rogan
« Reply #34 on: April 21, 2019, 04:17:28 PM »
Operations manager, regional manager, Corporate offices....its a multi billion dollar international corporation...no where to go? Even if you don't pursue more....Just live at home as a manager and put the $200,000 in good stocks at 25....let it sit until 40(Apple, Mcdonalds,etc)

So if someone gets a job working the register at McDs, does a good job and hangs in he can work up to a Corporate position and make $100k+?

Wouldn't a Corporate job require a college degree?  So, even though they give you a few bucks for college, you'd still have to pony up most of the college cash yourself?

Here's the corporate jobs listed.  I'd think they'd require a college degree.

https://mcdonalds.jibeapply.com/global-corporate/jobs?page=1&keywords=

Money for college.  Not a lot.

https://www.mcdonalds.com/us/en-us/careers/training-and-education.html

"Scholarship Opportunities
Help pay for college with McDonald’s Scholarships. 50 awards of $2,500 each (one per state) and 3 awards of $7,500 each are given to eligible restaurant employees."

tres_taco_combo

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: April 21, 2019, 04:26:37 PM »
-most go to a college that is way to expensive (out of state or private) based on their degree. there are some formulas out there - your career vs cost of education - i have no idea on the ratio/financial modeling

-most student loan debt is due to poor financial planning/decisions than anything else.

-one biggest benefit of college is the buddy system - go to a school where they look out for their own. A Few example. Texas A&M, Norte Dame, USC etc. i went to purdue and asu and we really dont look out for each other. def not a "boys club"  it is who you know many times in this life

-colleges are all for profit - even the state funded schools they need to keep their doors open. most of the general public is unaware that huge universities have endowment funds.  money managers invest school funds into the markets (equities, fixed income, private equity) to return an investment for the school!  Yale's returns have been poor based on other Ivy school returns. sort of funny how schools "returns" are published and ranked  - its all money managers who call the shots too

-i do feel in 10-20 years college will be more niche based. i took so many BS classes to fill credits. theatre, film, elvis presley etc - college should only 2-3 years tops with more focus on real world experience for no pay.  internships have lost their luster - and are filler. internships need to be like they were back in the day - long hard hours, lots of grunt work

-i am a big believer in a 4 year university degree - even though i do not need one for my profession (mortgage broker) but i do implement supply chain management into my daily practice  (what i went to school for) just dont go in crazy debt for it and be smart about it.

- college was fucking fun at ASU i wil say that for sure  8) 8) 8)

i loved being a TA  - pretty much everyone passed with a B  ;D - I am way too easy

side bar - Mcdonalds fries (fresh and hot) are still the best out there for fast food places

Prudence

• Getbig IV
  • Not straight..but more importantly--not a gimmick.
« Reply #36 on: April 21, 2019, 07:08:41 PM »
In N Out burger is better to work at than McDonald’s, higher pay, better benefits, and management makes 100k+ a year
Waay more
In-N-Out Burger Managers Make $160,000 per Year
January 25, 2018

https://www.thedailymeal.com/eat/in-guy-managers-make-a-lot-of-money/012518

Bevo

• Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: April 21, 2019, 07:15:25 PM »
Waay more
In-N-Out Burger Managers Make $160,000 per Year
January 25, 2018

https://www.thedailymeal.com/eat/in-guy-managers-make-a-lot-of-money/012518

And there you have it  ;)

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: April 22, 2019, 04:19:34 AM »
-most go to a college that is way to expensive (out of state or private) based on their degree. there are some formulas out there - your career vs cost of education - i have no idea on the ratio/financial modeling

-most student loan debt is due to poor financial planning/decisions than anything else.

-one biggest benefit of college is the buddy system - go to a school where they look out for their own. A Few example. Texas A&M, Norte Dame, USC etc. i went to purdue and asu and we really dont look out for each other. def not a "boys club"  it is who you know many times in this life

-colleges are all for profit - even the state funded schools they need to keep their doors open. most of the general public is unaware that huge universities have endowment funds.  money managers invest school funds into the markets (equities, fixed income, private equity) to return an investment for the school!  Yale's returns have been poor based on other Ivy school returns. sort of funny how schools "returns" are published and ranked  - its all money managers who call the shots too

-i do feel in 10-20 years college will be more niche based. i took so many BS classes to fill credits. theatre, film, elvis presley etc - college should only 2-3 years tops with more focus on real world experience for no pay.  internships have lost their luster - and are filler. internships need to be like they were back in the day - long hard hours, lots of grunt work

-i am a big believer in a 4 year university degree - even though i do not need one for my profession (mortgage broker) but i do implement supply chain management into my daily practice  (what i went to school for) just dont go in crazy debt for it and be smart about it.

- college was fucking fun at ASU i wil say that for sure  8) 8) 8)

i loved being a TA  - pretty much everyone passed with a B  ;D - I am way too easy

side bar - Mcdonalds fries (fresh and hot) are still the best out there for fast food places
All of this.  Excellent post.

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #39 on: April 22, 2019, 04:31:00 AM »
You are joking, right?  Please tell me you are joking.

Doesn't he work the cash register at an auto parts store?

Bevo

• Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: April 22, 2019, 04:36:18 AM »

He’s also a stocker

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #41 on: April 22, 2019, 04:37:18 AM »

That’s my part time job.
X

Powerlift66

• Getbig V
Re: Collage vs. McDonalds - what to do?
« Reply #42 on: April 22, 2019, 04:40:33 AM »
One kid's college - 85K
Other kids college - 125K

Just made last payment, we did it w/ zero loans.
Glad its done...

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #43 on: April 22, 2019, 04:42:44 AM »
He’s also a stocker

Correct.

Although I am primarily trained as a cashier.

X

ratherbebig

• Getbig V
  • if you got more than 10k you're gay
« Reply #44 on: April 22, 2019, 05:45:01 AM »
is there a way to cut out all sf1900 replies?

i get it, the dude has been on getbig forever, is tired of it and trying to amuse himself by posting stupid shit, but its not very fun for the rest of us.

sf1900 how about quitting getbig altogether? 12 years is enough.

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #45 on: April 22, 2019, 05:55:47 AM »
Meltdown.
X

2ND COMING

• Getbig V
  • Might is right.
« Reply #46 on: April 22, 2019, 06:05:06 AM »
SF1900 is a stone cold troll and I respect that. I'd love to get to know the man behind the name though. Pure homo.

dseiler

• Getbig III
  • GOING OFF THE DEEP END. FUCK IT
« Reply #47 on: April 22, 2019, 06:06:00 AM »
THINGS YOU TEACH YOUR KIDS, COLLEGE NOT REQUIRED:

Learn how to be empathetic. To have a basic understanding of people and why they operate the way they do. This is easier than you think.

Learn how not to be a dick.

Learn how to read the room.  

Learn the difference between swallowing pride and compromising dignity.

Teach them how to set the thermostat very low and how to avoid fools who will goad you into anger.

Teach them that in the corporate world or even privately owned companies being a "yes" man can get you VERY far.

2ND COMING

• Getbig V
  • Might is right.
« Reply #48 on: April 22, 2019, 06:10:37 AM »
An employee that begins work at Mcdonalds at 17 years old can easily become a manager by 20/21..with hard work.

Mcdonalds general manager
$48,000 average with cash incentive program - $50,000.
Medical and dental benefits.
Life insurance.

Mcdonalds also has a stock option plan to lock in a set stock price.

A child could work as a general manager at Mcdonalds from 19 to 26, parents agree to let him live at home as this being his college and grad school. Parents have no colege tuition, no room and board, books,etc. Child has own medical and dental.

Child spends $10,000 a year on living expenses, clothes,etc. Puts $40,000 in block stock options of Mcdonalds per year along with a few higher risk/yield stocks. At 26 years old, with average growth of Mcdonalds stock and conservative tech, at 26 years old should have over $500,000, no debt, full medical and dental and a billion dollar company international managerial position on his resume. 6 years living at home ready to enter the world

College

Average cost with room and board, books, misc per year -$60,000
Same time sending same kid to college will COST parents over $300,000.
With liberal arts major at end of college student has no skills, no resume, moves back home with parents after college or rooms with buddies.  NOT ready to enter world.

It's a decent middle class job.

I know a few supermarket managers making 60-70k with some OT thrown in.

Again, a solid middle class job.

These stores will be around forever but the positions lack mobility of say a nurse or welder.

Notomorrow

• Getbig IV
« Reply #49 on: April 22, 2019, 07:35:52 AM »
So if someone gets a job working the register at McDs, does a good job and hangs in he can work up to a Corporate position and make $100k+?

Wouldn't a Corporate job require a college degree?

"Scholarship Opportunities
Help pay for college with McDonald’s Scholarships. 50 awards of $2,500 each (one per state) and 3 awards of $7,500 each are given to eligible restaurant employees."

Mcdonalds has their own University called Hamburger University. Ray Kroc named it that because he really wanted humility. He wanted people proud to say I work at Mcdonalds, without having to add when hot chicks are around "But I'm in "Corporate". Ray Kroc till the end would flip burgers,etc. In Kroc tradition, they really like humility. Not douchebag real estate fakes, heavy on show and low on old fashioned hard work.

Hamburger University is a 130,000-square-foot (12,000 m2) training facility of McDonald's, located in Chicago, Illinois. This corporate university was designed to instruct personnel employed by McDonald's in the various aspects of restaurant management. More than 80,000 restaurant managers, mid-managers and owner/operators have graduated from this university.

Prior to 2018, Hamburger University was situated on a 80 acres (32 ha) campus in Oak Brook, Illinois. Restaurant employees receive approximately 32 hours of training in their first month with McDonald's and more than 5,000 students attend Hamburger University each year. Founder Ray Kroc oversaw lessons at its beginning. In 2011, about 275,000 people were recorded graduates from Hamburger University.

In 2016, McDonald's Corporation announced it would move its U.S. and world headquarters including Hamburger University from its long time home in Oak Brook to a newly built complex on property which formerly housed Oprah Winfrey's Harpo Studios in Chicago.