Author Topic: Forrest Griffin's future  (Read 6485 times)

torquemada

• Getbig IV
  • Billycarp ruled...
Forrest Griffin's future
« on: April 16, 2006, 09:19:49 AM »
Does anyone agree that he comes off this "loss" as a bigger star than before.  He took it to Tito (after getting his wake up call in rd 1 ;D) and came out like a real champion.  I know Tito was fighting hurt but(and few knew this) so was Forrest with a sprained ankle.
I've always liked Forrest b/c of his attitude and personality, but he really won me over as a real threat in the UFC 205 div.

davinci

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
Re: Forrest Griffin's future
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2006, 09:51:06 AM »
yea i have to give it to griffin,,,, iono if its a good thing but he can take a hit lol... now that being said he is no where near the level of tito.. the man just has an iron face and jaw....

second round he did get in a couple good taps on tito and had a very good take down defense but all in all to me hes just able to take a beating lol...

JKDMan

• Getbig IV
  • The G.O.A.T.
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2006, 11:34:24 AM »
yea i have to give it to griffin,,,, iono if its a good thing but he can take a hit lol... now that being said he is no where near the level of tito.. the man just has an iron face and jaw....

second round he did get in a couple good taps on tito and had a very good take down defense but all in all to me hes just able to take a beating lol...
Nowhere near the level of Tito?  ??? He won the fight in everyone's eyes except the judges.
Lee

slippediskmountian

• Getbig IV
  • absolute power corrupts absolutely
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2006, 11:50:16 AM »
forrest made alot of people eat their words

stuff81380

• Getbig II
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2006, 01:01:26 PM »
Nowhere near the level of Tito?  ??? He won the fight in everyone's eyes except the judges.

If Forest does not get taken down that last time in the 3rd round and still losses the fight i can agree with you. But Tito won that fight.

In a rematch i think Forest will beat him down. He gave that first round away.
bang da bang da bang

*ChuteBoxe*

• Getbig IV
« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2006, 03:12:35 PM »

Forrest threw alot of sloppy punches that either didn't land, or were blocked. Tito didn't throw much punches, yet he still landed more than Forrest.  The only round Forrest had was the second.  The only thing Forrest proved is that he can take a beating.
Predictions
 40/61

Jaded

• Getbig II
« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2006, 03:32:33 PM »
IMO Forrest couldn't take out an injured Tito ... he's nothing but a TUF star, he doesn't belong in the top of the 205s in the UFC.

sexy_lexy00

• Getbig II
« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2006, 03:38:17 PM »
IMO Forrest couldn't take out an injured Tito ... he's nothing but a TUF star, he doesn't belong in the top of the 205s in the UFC.
Wrong.
Apparently you didnt watch the fights last night.
Forrest did incredible--many people out there highly doubted how well he would perform against Tito. A few threads before this most people said Tito would beat Forrest g&p in the first round.
Forrest won that fight. Fair and square. The reactions of the other UFC stars like Liddell and Shamrock prove that, regardless of their feelings for Tito.
~LeXus*

an123

• Getbig IV
« Reply #8 on: April 16, 2006, 03:55:38 PM »
Yeah, because Liddell and Shamrock love Tito  ::).

Tito won that fight, Forrest didn't hurt him at all.  I'll give it to Forrest he's tough, but when did he even come near finishing Tito?  Granted Tito really never came close to finishing Forrest, but he did enough to win.. Which is what Tito always seems to do.

10-9 First round Tito
9-10 Second round Forrest
10-9 Third round Tito

Tito wins that fight and he'd win a rematch.

Migs

• Getbig V
  • THERE WAS A FIRE FIGHT!!!!
« Reply #9 on: April 16, 2006, 04:09:30 PM »
Forrest did win that fight.  The rematch should be great.

Jaded

• Getbig II
« Reply #10 on: April 16, 2006, 05:57:13 PM »
Wrong.
Forrest did incredible--many people out there highly doubted how well he would perform against Tito. A few threads before this most people said Tito would beat Forrest g&p in the first round.
Forrest won that fight. Fair and square. The reactions of the other UFC stars like Liddell and Shamrock prove that, regardless of their feelings for Tito.

I watched the fight, I can afford pay-per-view!

My point is that Forrest couldn't finish an injured Tito! Come on now, if you were going against someone that was injured you will expect to finish him off fairly easily. But he didn't!

You said Forrest won the fight fair and square! Are you a ranked MMA judge? Is Liddell and Shamrock and ranked MMA judge?

now shut the fuck up!

an123

• Getbig IV
« Reply #11 on: April 16, 2006, 06:50:16 PM »
Forrest did win that fight.  The rematch should be great.

Crack is bad for you.

JKDMan

• Getbig IV
  • The G.O.A.T.
« Reply #12 on: April 16, 2006, 08:52:10 PM »
Crack is bad for you.
Yep. That's why you need to stop smoking it.  ;)

Rd 1 10-9 Tito
Rd 2 10-9 Forrest
Rd 3 10-9 Forrest (yes, even with the takedown that accomplished nothing)

Lee

bigbalddaddy

• Getbig IV
« Reply #13 on: April 16, 2006, 09:16:39 PM »
Give me a f*king break before I meltdown!!!!!! 

Tito came up with every excuse in the book right off the bat in his interview!  Come on fellas Forrest took it to his ass and you gotta give it up to him! 

Who else besides Chuck has been able to keep Tito at bay from his ground and pound?  Well?  Exactly! Nobody of recent! 

Forrest had a bad ankle for over 3 weeks, he told me and I have seen him with a jacked up walk in the gym so he wasn't bullshiting!  From my own eyes I saw it affect his cardio and gym training.  Did he come out and make excuses?  Hell no!  At the end of the day it's about putting your balls on the line and he did!!!

Tuf fighter?  Wake the f*ck up and realize that Forrest is still a little new and already in the top of the 205's and isn't going anywhere!  This will be most apparent if he fights Bonnar again.  It will be a brutal beating by Forrest and will show how much he has really advanced!  Mark my words gents!

Tito's cardio is unstoppable some of you say?  Blah blah blah!  He was f*king gassed in the 2nd!  That was more than obvious as he just stood there waiting to counter for almost the whole round!  Forrest was ready to go for a tie breaker in a 4th round!  The intensity by Forrest said it all, the man is a beast and in time will make all the haters eat their words!!! 

Wake up and smell the coffee!  Forrest is the real deal and if he was a fly of the pants chump, those "brutal elbows" that Tito was raining on him would of done more than just piss Forrest off!!!  Once Forrest got his sprawl working against Tito, that was over.

Did Forrest lose?  By all accounts yes, his interview said it best.  But I think he came out with way more than anyone including himself gave him credit for!  Did Titos' back and knee really affect  him that much or was he just frustrated that a former 2nd tier fighter was putting it to him and against him raised himself to the big league?  You know what I think!

Next up...Royce and Matt!

By the way, awsome come back by Tim after being rocked to finish off Andre' to everyones dissbelief!  WOW!!!

Till next time...peace fellas!!! ;D

HavoX

• Getbig IV
  • Shamed by thunderdome
« Reply #14 on: April 16, 2006, 09:41:26 PM »
tito wasn't breathing hard or sweating in the 2nd.  I chalk it up to injury. 

davinci

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #15 on: April 17, 2006, 12:35:57 AM »
of course lidell is goin to make faces like that he hates tito.. and you say in everyones eye but the judges , the judges is who really matter i dont love tito or griffin either way but from a technical stand point tito won...

*ChuteBoxe*

• Getbig IV
« Reply #16 on: April 17, 2006, 12:53:03 AM »
Wrong.

If you knew anything about effective striking,grappling or octagon control,your opinion would be different.
Predictions
 40/61

Scimowser

• Getbig V
  • Make them remember you
« Reply #17 on: April 17, 2006, 02:35:48 AM »
After Forrest survived the first round i thought to myself "atleast hes shown some heart". In all honesty i thought he was going to be smashed apart but he just came to life and made a fight of it. Whilst i wouldnt have argued with a draw, i think Titos name carried him over the line in the end but Forrest just didnt do enough to make the fight look like it was going his way. Not an individual round, but the fight as a whole.

I think Tito doubted himself when the scorecards were announced and thats why he promised Forrest a rematch. Now Bonnar wants a rematch with him, that should be good. As for Tito, he has Shamrock and then if he wants his arse handed to him again by Liddell he can challenge him. The way i see it, if Liddell was getting through with as many punches on Forrest as Tito did then he would put him to sleep in 2 rounds max.
Scouser on Tour

an123

• Getbig IV
« Reply #18 on: April 17, 2006, 07:26:24 AM »
Would you like an alphabetized list of who could "weather" the "fury" of Tito's ground'n'pound?  Hell I could name at least 2-3 in the UFC today, and 5-7 in Pride.

I don't see how you can give that final round to Griffin... Yes, he was moving forward... But he was getting punched in the face as he was.  If Tito had more power, Forrest would be in la-la land.

I like Forrest and he's a way more entertaining fighter than Tito Ortiz, but he didn't win that fight and he would lose that fight probably 7 times out of 10.

Scimowser

• Getbig V
  • Make them remember you
« Reply #19 on: April 17, 2006, 07:43:58 AM »
i think Forrest would be well matched against Vitor Belfort, but Vitor just isnt the fighter he was or could have been. Hes washed up as far as championship aspirations go. He will always be a contender and give a good fight, but his time has come and gone even though hes still very young
Scouser on Tour

Capt._America

• Getbig II
  • Would rather be feared than respected
« Reply #20 on: April 18, 2006, 07:00:31 AM »
really, watched the fight on saturday, dvr'd it and on sunday,no way griffen wins that fight, tito dominated first round, I say 10-8, second was a toss up but give it to griffen, third was tito's, hit griffen more times, took him down, wow, griffend could sprawl, but you gotta hit and hurt a man to win and griffen did neither

texasRUSH

• Getbig IV
  • here comes the hotstepper!
« Reply #21 on: April 18, 2006, 07:08:37 AM »
his future? he's too fun to have around...plays the "showman" game very well..and when it comes down to it..ti's all about what the fans wanna see right?  :D

an123

• Getbig IV
« Reply #22 on: April 18, 2006, 07:19:24 AM »
Classic line from after the fight, i'm not sure if it was posted here:

Rogan "And now for the loser Forrest Griffin"
Griffin "Ah man, don't call me a loser Joe my mom is here". (or something like that)

slippediskmountian

• Getbig IV
  • absolute power corrupts absolutely
« Reply #23 on: April 18, 2006, 07:33:06 AM »
id never want my mom to watch me fighting

my opponents mom ..... on the other hand ;D

texasRUSH

• Getbig IV
  • here comes the hotstepper!
« Reply #24 on: April 18, 2006, 07:37:34 AM »