Author Topic: Bloating from Muscle milk?  (Read 11124 times)

HERACLES

• Getbig IV
Bloating from Muscle milk?
« on: April 16, 2006, 10:03:37 AM »
Ive been using Musclemilk like its going out of style. BUT, im upset bc I feel like its keeping my midsection from getting lean. Im dieting and doing cardio, but my midsection isnt coming along like id like.Im taking 3 shakes a day right now, along with 4 meals a day. (so 7 seperate meals)

Anyone experience this? Im thinking to shifting my protein supplement to something like designer, or Nitrotech? (something with no calories or carbs/

tell me what you think.

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
Re: Bloating from Muscle milk?
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2006, 10:14:31 AM »
Ive been using Musclemilk like its going out of style. BUT, im upset bc I feel like its keeping my midsection from getting lean. Im dieting and doing cardio, but my midsection isnt coming along like id like.Im taking 3 shakes a day right now, along with 4 meals a day. (so 7 seperate meals)

Anyone experience this? Im thinking to shifting my protein supplement to something like designer, or Nitrotech? (something with no calories or carbs/

tell me what you think.

That's 18g of fat per shake which is almost 500 calories a day from fat just in shakes!  That's 1 pound a week right there...
:

HERACLES

• Getbig IV
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2006, 10:19:48 AM »
Thats what I thought, but I was being sold on the label saying "GOOD FATS" lol..

Im dropping it. Im not looking for anymore musclemass, im trying to get ripped.

Thanks.

The BEAST

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
  • She-Beast
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2006, 11:09:38 AM »
Good fats are essential to getting lean but Muscle Milk is not a provider of them.  Muscle Milk uses A LOT of whey concentrate which is where a majority of that "good fat" is coming from and it is NOT good.  Switch to a protein that has less then 5 mg of choloestrol per 25 gram serving.  This should help to insure the quality of the protein, and that fat added to the protein is coming from the right places.   
Jennifer

HERACLES

• Getbig IV
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2006, 03:50:00 PM »
Thanks Beast. I would live on Designer protein for pre contest, and it worked. I guess Ill go back to that. Being natural I was looking for somehting with more calories to try to increase musclemass, but forget it, seeing my abs blurr away isnt worth the price. Im doing 30 min cardio a day, and havent seen any drop in weight, and my waist.midsection isnt getting sharp ever since ive been musclemilking it.

So Im gonn just go get some Designer.. anyone reccomend and other protein? Thanks again!

Tim

GET_BIGGER

• Getbig IV
  • Peace and good genes be to you
« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2006, 11:08:15 AM »
I am getting ripped on Muscle Milk  ;D

Seriously, I was gaining weight taking it but I just cut out my before bed shake (except on the weekends), and eat a chicken breast instead and it has made all the difference in the world.  I actually think it has really helped keep me from losing some of my mass with the amount of weight I have dropped, but it just might take a little longer but keeping the mass is worth it for me.

blondmusclhunk

• Getbig III
« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2006, 11:41:36 AM »
Ive tried it for awhile and it tastes great.  Problem is the fats and calorie. The price is overpriced to compared to say natures best whey protein.  and gives you more protein per scoop i think.

HERACLES

• Getbig IV
« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2006, 03:07:54 PM »
Yeah this is getting rediculous! Im actually growing a little gut ever since i go ton the crap! But Im putting on some musclemass too. I have good definition in my guads still, but my midsection went to HELL!  >:(

I have about 1/2 tub left, Im thinking about finishing it- then again i thin about giving the rest to my trainign partner, that can use a few extra pounds!  ;)

I gotta get off this shit. What a disaster.. And i havent even been eating chicken or beef (ive been fasting for 40 days, Greek orthodox lent) Ill be able to eat  chcken or beef after this weekend... so all ive been eating is fish, and you know, rice/oatmeal..and doing 30 min cardio a day..i lost 30lb prior to muscle milk..my weight steadily went back up..im so mad. lol..

blondmusclhunk

• Getbig III
« Reply #8 on: April 18, 2006, 03:14:52 PM »
Happy Easter in advance Heracles.  Finish it you might as well.  But try natures best whey a big tub should only cost ya about $25 bucks 22 grams per scoop and the scoop is small.  I take two scoops each serving.

LenG

• Getbig I
  • Getbig!
« Reply #9 on: April 18, 2006, 03:23:17 PM »
Hey Herc...

I've been using Muscle Milk for quite a while now, but I quickly learned to cut the serving in half. I use a scoop of Muscle Milk and a scoop of Designer Whey. I get good results with that combination. I don't put on fat and I keep my fat intake at an acceptable level.

D-Jay

• Getbig II
« Reply #10 on: April 18, 2006, 08:29:27 PM »
Yeah, muscle milk is higher in fat.....but seems to get the majority from coconut oil..a good source of medium chain triglycerides..

Problem is....every body is different, and the key would be taking a close look at your whole diet, not just the shake.  Try something different.....see how your body reacts...make adjustments as necessary. 

MM works for some people....not for others. 

MidniteRambo

• Getbig IV
  • 1687 confirmed kills and counting
« Reply #11 on: April 19, 2006, 08:27:52 AM »
If it tastes too good to be true, it probably is.  And Muscle Milk tastes pretty damn good.

buffbodz

• Getbig V
  • It's only a board
« Reply #12 on: April 19, 2006, 11:17:53 AM »
Thanks Beast. I would live on Designer protein for pre contest, and it worked. I guess Ill go back to that. Being natural I was looking for somehting with more calories to try to increase musclemass, but forget it, seeing my abs blurr away isnt worth the price. Im doing 30 min cardio a day, and havent seen any drop in weight, and my waist.midsection isnt getting sharp ever since ive been musclemilking it.

So Im gonn just go get some Designer.. anyone reccomend and other protein? Thanks again!

Tim

I had the same problem with MM, but it taste so dam good.  What I do is use 1 scoop mm and 1 scoop of vanilla whey isolate.  That also cuts down on all the bad stuff by 1/2 and you still get the MM taste.
6 meals lift heavy and 1/2 hr cardio

The BEAST

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
  • She-Beast
« Reply #13 on: April 19, 2006, 06:13:44 PM »

Tim

Well I have to recommend Pride Nutrition's Respect protein-it is the cleanest formula I have seen on the market and I do have problems with cheaper proteins.  Someone else mentioned to "cut" a better protein with a cheaper one (or mm) this is a great idea if money is tight. 

My boyfriend didn't believe that the type of protein he was using made a difference, well I got him a couple of jugs of Respect and in the following weeks his midsection was coming in better and he had lost a couple pounds.  If you are looking for a good protein try and find one with only whey isolate (no concentrate), micellar caesin and/or egg albumen  (slower release proteins).  These will give you a more even release and hopefully your body will utilize more of the protein.  Try to always avoid proteins with more then 10mg of cholestrol per serving.

If you are interested in getting Pride's Protein you can PM me and I can give you a discount code or you can ask me about a specific protein and I can give you my thoughts:) 
Jennifer

Karl Kox

• Getbig V
  • There's no Kayfabe in the business anymore.
« Reply #14 on: April 22, 2006, 12:35:27 AM »

tell me what you think.

Ya I noticed the same thing so I stoped takng it

HERACLES

• Getbig IV
« Reply #15 on: April 22, 2006, 10:16:35 AM »
Beast, I woul dbe interested- Ive stopped taking it 3 days now, and I aleady feel much better.  I dont understand how many people raved about it, and what  crappy results it gave me. A protein supplement isnt supposed to make you fat..WTF. I was SOO IRRATE for a while... Eggwhites, Tilapia, and Salmon, that was my diet for 40 days, with muscle milk, and It made me have a jelly belly. lol..Right...Stay away from this crap folks..

WE have only May to get our six packs polished up..gotta get some clean protein to go with my diet and cardio.

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
« Reply #16 on: April 22, 2006, 12:03:33 PM »
A protein supplement isnt supposed to make you fat..WTF. I was SOO IRRATE for a while. Stay away from this crap folks..

Total Calories: 348
  Calories From Fat: 162
Total Fat: 18 g 28%
  Saturated Fat: 8 g 40%
Cholesterol: 3 mg 1%
Sodium: 200 mg 8%
Potassium: 595 mg 17%
Total Carbohydrates: 12 g 4%
  Dietary Fiber: <2 g 8%
  Sugars: 6 g
Protein: 32 g 64%

This profile hardly qualifies as a PROTEIN supplement.
:

HERACLES

• Getbig IV
« Reply #17 on: April 22, 2006, 05:35:42 PM »
I agree Princess, I read the index of course, but I was fasting too! No meat, no chicken, just fish..and carbs from oatmeal, and wild rice..
and cardio every day 20-30 min...You would think the lack of meats would of compensated for the fats in muscle milk..

chris_mason

• Getbig IV
  • Owner AtLarge Nutrition
« Reply #18 on: April 22, 2006, 06:31:52 PM »
If you want a top quality protein supplement at a reasonable price go to www.atlargenutrition.com and give Nitrean a try.  Our blend is the best in the industry with 3 forms of whey (isolate, hyrolyzed, and concentrate), casein, and egg protein.  We have very substantial portions of both casein and egg in our blend.

w

The BEAST

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
  • She-Beast
« Reply #19 on: April 22, 2006, 10:16:17 PM »
Our blend is the best in the industry with 3 forms of whey (isolate, hyrolyzed, and concentrate),

Just wondering why you think your protein is the best in the industry if you are using concentrate in your blend.
Jennifer

benchthis

• Getbig V
  • operation deep throat
« Reply #20 on: April 23, 2006, 12:17:19 AM »
MUSCLE MILK TASTE GOOD  :D TO BAD ITS SO EXPENSIVE, MAKES ME FEEL BLOATED, AND HAS TO MUCH FAT  >:(

chris_mason

• Getbig IV
  • Owner AtLarge Nutrition
« Reply #21 on: April 23, 2006, 06:28:49 PM »
Just wondering why you think your protein is the best in the industry if you are using concentrate in your blend.

Isolate is the primary form of whey by percentage.  I think concentrate has its place in a product when combined in concert with other whey fractions and forms of protein. 

I also know that our product contains more casein and egg as a percentage of the total blend than just about anything else on the market.

My statement it is the best as in the single best should have been qualified as one of the best (which I normally do).  I am quite sure there are other blends which are on par with ours but they invariably cost significantly more.

If you are the owner of Pride Nutrition I can honestly say your product looks excellent.  I saw it at the Arnold and was impressed with the matrix.  I canot comment as to flavor and how well it does or does not mix as I did not try it.

w

The BEAST

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
  • She-Beast
« Reply #22 on: April 24, 2006, 09:27:31 AM »

If you are the owner of Pride Nutrition I can honestly say your product looks excellent. 

I wish ;D 

I canot comment as to flavor and how well it does or does not mix as I did not try it.

It is the only protein I use, I tried a few last year and had major problems and was not fun to be around.  As far as the flavor, the chocolate is very good but the vanilla (and I am not a vanilla lover) is the best I have ever tasted.
Jennifer

GET_BIGGER

• Getbig IV
  • Peace and good genes be to you
« Reply #23 on: April 24, 2006, 11:19:10 AM »
What makes you think your fun to be around anyways?

;D

CQ

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • TGT
« Reply #24 on: April 25, 2006, 05:45:00 AM »
Musclemilk is overpriced crap...end-of-story.