Author Topic: Can you get cut from EATING NORMAL?  (Read 1600 times)

boonstack

• Getbig IV
  • watch out ladies... chaos is on the prowl
Can you get cut from EATING NORMAL?
« on: April 16, 2006, 01:02:23 PM »
I have been living off of eggs, tuna, oatmeal, chicken etc.. for the last 2 years and I have lost interest in bodybuilding. My question is, I know while you won't get to super low bodyfat, can you get pretty lean by eating normal, but yet healthy. Basically I'm cutting out all junk food, sugars, bad fats etc... Eating cereal, skim milk, wheat & chicken sandwhiches, etc. I know this is probably very obvious, but over the last few years i've just FORGOT what its like to eat a non-bb'ing diet. Thanks

HERACLES

• Getbig IV
Re: Can you get cut from EATING NORMAL?
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2006, 03:44:45 PM »
If you eat/live off of eggwhites, tuna oatmeal, etc, and keep your fat intake to minimum depending on your body type, youll definately either be just lean/toned or ripped if you have that type of body type.

Props to you. Even if you lost interest on going to the gym, eating a heatlhy diet like a bodybuilder will definately make you still look good/great. Throw in some cardio 3-4 times a week and youll be set.

triple_pickle

• Getbig IV
  • Pull Hard, Move Fast
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2006, 06:40:05 PM »
people too often dramatize over what's healthy and what's not and take it to the extreme.  get a life and have fun when bodybuilding.  a balls-to-the-wall attitude is destructive in the long run.  i just like the thrill of lifting heavier and heavier, bodybuilding is a complement to my life, not the ultimate sacred goal. 

i eat (very sugary) cereal, always with whole milk, fried chicken (though do not eat the coating), pizza once in a while, etc., and i still can see my abs.  does not mean you must eat greasy but just take away a bit or two from every meal and you should not have a problem cutting down.  throw in some cardio (i do interval running twice a week, 12-15 min max), perhaps swimming.  eat "normal" food and you will be a happy, fulfilled bodybuilder.

blondmusclhunk

• Getbig III
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2006, 11:39:07 AM »
Eating heathy is a must for everyone to enjoy a long healthy life.  But that doesnt mean you cant splurge a little now and then.  Especially if you are training you will burn what you eat.  I eat healthy all week but on the weekend ill have ice cream, pizza anything.  And i have abs and cuts.  But thats if you are working out.