Author Topic: When health care costs get personal  (Read 5928 times)

Howard

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
When health care costs get personal
« on: May 22, 2019, 08:55:16 AM »
I know we debate the political aspects of health care here.
But it's different when you're spouse, child , elderly parent or YOU have to pony up for some meds or operation.

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
Re: When health care costs get personal
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2019, 12:50:47 PM »
This is a complex issue because of everyone trying to get that insurance money like the pharmaceutical companies, hospitals (requiring endless tests that are unneeded) along with a whole industry of healthcare providers, secretaries (paper pushers) that all want paid.

I just saw two examples of drug rehab facilities scamming insurance companies for hundreds of thousands of dollars per patient.  The first was in Florida where the rehab clinic sent their graduates to a sober living facility (owned by the same people) who then made sure there were drug dealers available to get the residents re-hooked on drugs where they were then sent back to the original rehab facility.  This cycle repeated over and over.

The second was a guy in Southern California named Christopher Bathum who is a convicted felon and has no health credentials and runs a rehab center that charges $30,000 a month for services.  He then does drugs and fucks the hot women there while soaking up that insurance money.

Purge_WTF

« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2019, 04:31:57 AM »
 I was at a church cookout a year or so ago and another parishioner told me that it cost $7,000 a day for the bed alone when his wife was in the hospital for a few days when they had their first kid. That's insane.

IroNat

• Getbig V
  • The only constant in life is change. – Heraclitus
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2019, 04:59:13 AM »
Healthcare costs are nuts.

You better have insurance.

illuminati

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • The Strongest Shall Survive.- - Lest we Forget.
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2019, 06:49:24 AM »
This is a complex issue because of everyone trying to get that insurance money like the pharmaceutical companies, hospitals (requiring endless tests that are unneeded) along with a whole industry of healthcare providers, secretaries (paper pushers) that all want paid.

I just saw two examples of drug rehab facilities scamming insurance companies for hundreds of thousands of dollars per patient.  The first was in Florida where the rehab clinic sent their graduates to a sober living facility (owned by the same people) who then made sure there were drug dealers available to get the residents re-hooked on drugs where they were then sent back to the original rehab facility.  This cycle repeated over and over.

The second was a guy in Southern California named Christopher Bathum who is a convicted felon and has no health credentials and runs a rehab center that charges $30,000 a month for services.  He then does drugs and fucks the hot women there while soaking up that insurance money.

Sounds like he’s having a good time & making a lot of $’s

The insurance companies should be checking these places a lot more carefully
Even sending in undercover people for rehab they’ed soon see what’s going on
Only their to busy fleecing the paying folk.

TheGrinch

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2019, 08:47:02 AM »
"If you like your health care plan... you can keep it"

IroNat

• Getbig V
  • The only constant in life is change. – Heraclitus
« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2019, 09:46:24 AM »
"If you like your health care plan... you can keep shove it"

Fixed.