Author Topic: Pentagon finally admits it investigates UFOs  (Read 17582 times)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
Pentagon finally admits it investigates UFOs
« on: May 22, 2019, 05:40:53 PM »
Where is Dennis Kucinich when you need him?   :)

Pentagon finally admits it investigates UFOs
By Steven Greenstreet | New York Post

The U.S. Navy is drafting new guidelines for pilots and other employees to report encounters with 'unidentified aircraft.'

The Pentagon has finally uttered the words it always avoided when discussing the possible existence of UFOs — “unidentified aerial phenomena” — and admits that it still investigates reports of them.

In a statement provided exclusively to The Post, a Department of Defense spokesman said a secret government initiative called the Advanced Aerospace Threat Identification Program “did pursue research and investigation into unidentified aerial phenomena.”

And while the DOD says it shut down the AATIP in 2012, spokesman Christopher Sherwood acknowledged that the department still investigates claimed sightings of alien spacecraft.

“The Department of Defense is always concerned about maintaining positive identification of all aircraft in our operating environment, as well as identifying any foreign capability that may be a threat to the homeland,” Sherwood said.

“The department will continue to investigate, through normal procedures, reports of unidentified aircraft encountered by US military aviators in order to ensure defense of the homeland and protection against strategic surprise by our nation’s adversaries.”

File photo - a 'UFO' sighting over Sheffield, U.K, March 4, 1962 (CIA).

Nick Pope, who secretly investigated UFOs for the British government during the 1990s, called the DOD’s comments a “bombshell revelation.”

Pope, a former UK defense official-turned-author, said, “Previous official statements were ambiguous and left the door open to the possibility that AATIP was simply concerned with next-generation aviation threats from aircraft, missiles and drones — as skeptics claimed.

“This new admission makes it clear that they really did study what the public would call ‘UFOs,’ ” he said.

“It also shows the British influence, because UAP was the term we used in the Ministry of Defence to get away from the pop culture baggage that came with the term ‘UFO.’ ”

John Greenewald Jr. — whose website The Black Vault archives declassified government documents on UFO reports, “Bigfoot” sightings and other subjects — also called the Pentagon’s use of the term “unidentified aerial phenomena” unprecedented in its frankness.

“I’m shocked they said it that way, and the reason is, is they’ve seemingly worked very hard not to say that,” he said.

“So I think that’s a pretty powerful statement because now we have actual evidence — official evidence — that said, ‘Yes, AATIP did deal with UAP cases, phenomena, videos, photos, whatever.'”

Greenewald said he hopes that the Pentagon will release more information about the AATIP, either by voluntary disclosure or through requests under the federal Freedom of Information Act.

“But at least we’re one step closer to the truth,” he said.

(AP)

The existence of the AATIP was revealed in 2017, along with a 33-second DOD video that shows an airborne object being chased by two Navy jets off the coast of San Diego in 2004.

At the time, former Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid (D-Nev.) took credit for arranging $22 million in annual funding for the AATIP, telling the New York Times that it was “one of the good things I did in my congressional service.”

Reid’s home state of Nevada hosts the top-secret military installation known as “Area 51,” long rumored to be the storehouse for an alien craft that crashed in Roswell, New Mexico, in 1947.

Reid, through a spokeswoman, declined to comment.

https://www.foxnews.com/science/pentagon-finally-admits-it-investigates-ufos

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
Re: Pentagon finally admits it investigates UFOs
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2019, 08:43:45 PM »
Has this been a secret ???
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2019, 01:52:10 AM »
Of course they investigate if someone says they saw flying vehicles in the sky.  Investigating does not mean there really are aliens flying around.

Desolate

• Getbig V
  • I dream of Gods
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2019, 04:21:40 PM »
No.

They claim they don't investigate them anymore after Project Blue Book shut down.

That's their official position.

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2019, 07:06:00 AM »

Ezekiel 10:9-19
9 And when I looked, behold the four wheels by the cherubims, one wheel by one cherub, and another wheel by another cherub: and the appearance of the wheels was as the colour of a beryl stone.

10 And as for their appearances, they four had one likeness, as if a wheel had been in the midst of a wheel.

11 When they went, they went upon their four sides; they turned not as they went, but to the place whither the head looked they followed it; they turned not as they went.

12 And their whole body, and their backs, and their hands, and their wings, and the wheels, were full of eyes round about, even the wheels that they four had.

13 As for the wheels, it was cried unto them in my hearing, O wheel.

14 And every one had four faces: the first face was the face of a cherub, and the second face was the face of a man, and the third the face of a lion, and the fourth the face of an eagle.

15 And the cherubims were lifted up. This is the living creature that I saw by the river of Chebar.

16 And when the cherubims went, the wheels went by them: and when the cherubims lifted up their wings to mount up from the earth, the same wheels also turned not from beside them.

17 When they stood, these stood; and when they were lifted up, these lifted up themselves also: for the spirit of the living creature was in them.

18 Then the glory of the Lord departed from off the threshold of the house, and stood over the cherubims.

19 And the cherubims lifted up their wings, and mounted up from the earth in my sight: when they went out, the wheels also were beside them, and every one stood at the door of the east gate of the Lord's house; and the glory of the God of Israel was over them above.

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2019, 09:41:16 AM »
That UFO on camera doesn't look anything like what was described in Ezekiel.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2019, 10:04:33 AM »
The US government (and all other world governments) have known for 70 years that this is a genuine phenomena

They've also known for years that these are NOT man made craft

These craft (whatever they are) not only defy the laws of physics as we know them but they can infiltrate our air space at will,  including our most sensitive military facilities.  There are numerous well documented incidents (i.e. people going on record in public) of these things penetrating nuclear missile sites and disabling missiles.

World governments have engaged in a coordinated embargo on this information for decades for some obvious reasons:

1.   No one (especially the number one super power on the planet) wants to admit they they are unable to control their own airspace.   There is ZERO benefit in admitting this.

2.  If we can capture technology we can use it to our benefit and we certainly don't want to share it with anyone (refer back to #1)

3.  These things are not running on petroleum.   Our entire world economy is based on petrodollars.  Yet again, ZERO benefit to revealing these things are real

4.  No telling how the mass of religious and/or weak minded people will deal with this reality.  Again, ZERO benefit to reveal this information  (for example, there are some people in the US government who think these things are demonic.   That's simply how they see the world and this is the only "box" they can find to put these thing into).

The question I have is why has the government decided to allow this trickle if information to come out.   This "controlled disclosure" as Richard Dolan calls it started with the story in the NYT in December of 2017 which was largely ignored by most people.  The story on May 26, 2019 has also been largely ignored by the majority of the population as well. 

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2019, 10:11:48 AM »
Of course, it's BIG OIL holding us back. ::)

B_MyT_2

• Getbig III
  • Kwon is the ungayer of every thread on this site!
« Reply #8 on: May 29, 2019, 10:12:25 AM »
The US government (and all other world governments) have known for 70 years that this is a genuine phenomena

They've also known for years that these are NOT man made craft

These craft (whatever they are) not only defy the laws of physics as we know them but they can infiltrate our air space at will,  including our most sensitive military facilities.  There are numerous well documented incidents (i.e. people going on record in public) of these things penetrating nuclear missile sites and disabling missiles.

World governments have engaged in a coordinated embargo on this information for decades for some obvious reasons:

1.   No one (especially the number one super power on the planet) wants to admit they they are unable to control their own airspace.   There is ZERO benefit in admitting this.

2.  If we can capture technology we can use it to our benefit and we certainly don't want to share it with anyone (refer back to #1)

3.  These things are not running on petroleum.   Our entire world economy is based on petrodollars.  Yet again, ZERO benefit to revealing these things are real

4.  No telling how the mass of religious and/or weak minded people will deal with this reality.  Again, ZERO benefit to reveal this information  (for example, there are some people in the US government who think these things are demonic.   That's simply how they see the world and this is the only "box" they can find to put these thing into).

The question I have is why has the government decided to allow this trickle if information to come out.   This "controlled disclosure" as Richard Dolan calls it started with the story in the NYT in December of 2017 which was largely ignored by most people.  The story on May 26, 2019 has also been largely ignored by the majority of the population as well. 

This is nonsense.  If there were such things, and they saw what a fucked up country we are for the last 15+ years they would have seen us as easy pickings, and just taken us out already.  There are no little green men with pilot's licenses.  

Sorry to disappoint you.  Go watch Independence Day again, and your day will be better.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #9 on: May 29, 2019, 10:15:53 AM »
Of course, it's BIG OIL holding us back. ::)

what's the value of petroleum after full disclosure?

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #10 on: May 29, 2019, 10:17:22 AM »
This is nonsense.  If there were such things, and they saw what a fucked up country we are for the last 15+ years they would have seen us as easy pickings, and just taken us out already.  There are no little green men with pilot's licenses.  

Sorry to disappoint you.  Go watch Independence Day again, and your day will be better.

Everything in my post is a fact

Not my problem if you can't handle the truth (refer to item #4 in my post)

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: May 29, 2019, 10:24:30 AM »
what's the value of petroleum after full disclosure?
You libs love BIG BUSINESS conspiracy theories.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #12 on: May 29, 2019, 10:32:23 AM »
You libs love BIG BUSINESS conspiracy theories.

you right wingers love to avoid answering questions

the almost certain fact that these things aren't fueled by petroleum is only one of the reasons why the US has had an embargo on information concerning this topic. 

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #13 on: May 29, 2019, 10:34:05 AM »

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #14 on: May 29, 2019, 10:34:08 AM »
Jacques F. Vallée, Ph.D., (September 24, 1939) is a French-born venture capitalist, computer scientist, ufologist and former astronomer, currently residing in San Francisco, United States.

Vallée proposes that there is a genuine UFO phenomenon, partly associated with a form of non-human consciousness that manipulates space and time. The phenomenon has been active throughout human history, and seems to masquerade in various forms to different cultures. In his opinion, the intelligence behind the phenomenon attempts social manipulation by using deception on the humans with whom they interact.

Vallée also proposes that a secondary aspect of the UFO phenomenon involves human manipulation by humans. Witnesses of UFO phenomena undergo a manipulative and staged spectacle, meant to alter their belief system, and eventually, influence human society by suggesting alien intervention from outer space. The ultimate motivation for this deception is probably a projected major change of human society, the breaking down of old belief systems and the implementation of new ones. Vallée cannot say who or what is behind this scheme, only that the evidence, if carefully analysed, suggests an underlying plan for the deception of mankind by means of psychotronic technology.

It is highly unlikely that governments actually conceal alien evidence, as the popular myth suggests. Rather, it is much more likely that that is exactly what the manipulators want us to believe. Vallée feels the entire subject of UFO's is mystified by charlatans and science fiction. He advocates a stronger and more serious involvement of science in the UFO research and debate. Only this can reveal the true nature of the UFO phenomenon.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jacques_Vall%C3%A9e#Interpretation_of_the_UFO_evidence

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #15 on: May 29, 2019, 10:50:06 AM »
Jacques F. Vallée, Ph.D., (September 24, 1939) is a French-born venture capitalist, computer scientist, ufologist and former astronomer, currently residing in San Francisco, United States.

Vallée proposes that there is a genuine UFO phenomenon, partly associated with a form of non-human consciousness that manipulates space and time. The phenomenon has been active throughout human history, and seems to masquerade in various forms to different cultures. In his opinion, the intelligence behind the phenomenon attempts social manipulation by using deception on the humans with whom they interact.

Vallée also proposes that a secondary aspect of the UFO phenomenon involves human manipulation by humans. Witnesses of UFO phenomena undergo a manipulative and staged spectacle, meant to alter their belief system, and eventually, influence human society by suggesting alien intervention from outer space. The ultimate motivation for this deception is probably a projected major change of human society, the breaking down of old belief systems and the implementation of new ones. Vallée cannot say who or what is behind this scheme, only that the evidence, if carefully analysed, suggests an underlying plan for the deception of mankind by means of psychotronic technology.

It is highly unlikely that governments actually conceal alien evidence, as the popular myth suggests. Rather, it is much more likely that that is exactly what the manipulators want us to believe. Vallée feels the entire subject of UFO's is mystified by charlatans and science fiction. He advocates a stronger and more serious involvement of science in the UFO research and debate. Only this can reveal the true nature of the UFO phenomenon.

Not sure if this is actually Vallée claim or direct quote (since you didn't bother to provide a link) but the claim that the government (US and other nations) have not engaged in a cover up is directly contrary to witness testimony.

BTW - I have the utmost respect for Vallée and I read most of his books many years ago.  

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #16 on: May 29, 2019, 11:01:58 AM »
Not sure if this is actually Vallée claim or direct quote (since you didn't bother to provide a link) but the claim that the government (US and other nations) have not engaged in a cover up is directly contrary to witness testimony.

BTW - I have the utmost respect for Vallée and I read most of his books many years ago.  

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jacques_Vall%C3%A9e#Interpretation_of_the_UFO_evidence

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #17 on: May 29, 2019, 11:18:29 AM »

Wiki is not a great source (to say the least)

Whatever anonymous person created that text on the Wiki page referenced a section of Vallee's book from 1991 (28 years ago).  I probably have that book in my house somewhere so maybe I'll go look for it.  

Either way, there is no doubt at all in my mind that all the world governments are involved in covering up this information

We are all entitled to our own opinions

I'm basing mine on numerous eyewitnesses who have said that the government told them not to speak of their encounters and in some cases confiscated material from them (videos, photos, radar data, flight data recorders, etc...)

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #18 on: May 29, 2019, 11:40:16 AM »
Wiki is not a great source (to say the least)

Whatever anonymous person created that text on the Wiki page referenced a section of Vallee's book from 1991 (28 years ago).  I probably have that book in my house somewhere so maybe I'll go look for it.  

Either way, there is no doubt at all in my mind that all the world governments are involved in covering up this information

We are all entitled to our own opinions

I'm basing mine on numerous eyewitnesses who have said that the government told them not to speak of their encounters and in some cases confiscated material from them (videos, photos, radar data, flight data recorders, etc...)

My post wasn't directed at you, or in response to your post, or to debate whether governments conceal alien evidence.  I have no idea either way.  I simply posted something that I had read and found interesting regarding this subject.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #19 on: May 29, 2019, 11:57:18 AM »
My post wasn't directed at you, or in response to your post, or to debate whether governments conceal alien evidence.  I have no idea either way.  I simply posted something that I had read and found interesting regarding this subject.

If you're truly interested in the subject you should read Vallee's books and also check out Richard Dolan's books and his youtube page.

link to Dolanns YouTube page: 

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: May 29, 2019, 12:03:22 PM »
The US government (and all other world governments) have known for 70 years that this is a genuine phenomena How do you know this for a fact?

They've also known for years that these are NOT man made craft  how do you know this for a fact?

3.  These things are not running on petroleum.   Our entire world economy is based on petrodollars.  Yet again, ZERO benefit to revealing these things are real how do you know this for a fact?

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #21 on: May 29, 2019, 12:13:31 PM »

If you're truly interested in the subject you should read Vallee's books and also check out Richard Dolan's books and his youtube page.

link to Dolanns YouTube page:  

Not sure that I'm interested in this subject as much as you are, but I might check out the above anyway.  Thanks!

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #22 on: May 29, 2019, 12:30:26 PM »
The US government (and all other world governments) have known for 70 years that this is a genuine phenomena How do you know this for a fact?

They've also known for years that these are NOT man made craft how do you know this for a fact?

3.  These things are not running on petroleum.   Our entire world economy is based on petrodollars.  Yet again, ZERO benefit to revealing these things are real how do you know this for a fact?

LOL...are you suggesting we've finally found Straw Man's religion?     :D

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: May 29, 2019, 12:31:25 PM »

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: May 29, 2019, 12:32:37 PM »
LOL...are you suggesting we've finally found Straw Man's religion?     :D
I was thinking the same thing.  The same people who are adamant God doesn't exist do believe in aliens.