Author Topic: Mayor Pete having problems gaining black voter support  (Read 2794 times)

Howard

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
Mayor Pete having problems gaining black voter support
« on: June 24, 2019, 01:04:23 PM »
https://www.yahoo.com/news/week-police-shooting-pete-buttigieg-233347382.html

The report says the man came at the officer with a knife drawn and the cop shot him.
As most here well know, I'm a staunch advocate for EQUAL rights but reject SPECIAL rights .

What else should a cop do if they are threatened by a knife wielding man?

tatoo

• Getbig IV
Re: Mayor Pete having problems gainingblack voter support
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2019, 01:21:20 PM »
mayor pete is a weak little man.. just blew whatever chance he had with that piss poor display at the town hall... no pun intended

tatoo

• Getbig IV
Re: Mayor Pete having problems gainingblack voter support
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2019, 01:36:34 PM »
C'mon now the guy has the balls to serve in combat in Afghanistan .
If he's a weak man , what does that make President bone spurs? :D

Having said THAT, Pete should have defended the cops since the shooting officer acted properly.
Instead , it looked like he was pandering to the black lives matter groups.

wasn't talking about his military service.. that does take balls..that was probably easier for him than what he had to deal with at that hall.. he looked weak when he was confronted by those angry people.. he should have stood his ground.

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
Re: Mayor Pete having problems gaining black voter support
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2019, 07:20:52 PM »
https://www.yahoo.com/news/week-police-shooting-pete-buttigieg-233347382.html

The report says the man came at the officer with a knife drawn and the cop shot him.
As most here well know, I'm a staunch advocate for EQUAL rights but reject SPECIAL rights .

What else should a cop do if they are threatened by a knife wielding man?

Another city turned to shit by African Americans. One went too far and got what he deserved and now the “community” LOL is outraged.

South Bend One Of The Worst Cities To Live In, Study Finds | South Bend, IN Patch

https://patch.com/indiana/south-bend/south-bend-one-worst-cities-live-study-finds

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2019, 08:06:23 PM »
It's a tough position for a politician. But not being a politician, I think you can speak from the heart and be ok in this situation and he probably should have done that. There is no video of the shooting. 15 years ago, video was rare, 20 years ago non existent. The shooting is under investigation. He has asked just about everybody from outside the department to help investigate it. Thats a good call. You can acknowledge that there have been incidents where minorities were shot by police when it wasn't warranted. And you can acknowledge that in the majority of cases the deadly force was reasonable. He should tell those demanding justice to understand that there is a process in place, and just as they don't want people to jump to the conclusion the minority must have been doing something to deserve being shot, it's not fair to jump to the conclusion the minority must have been shot for no reason.

SOMEPARTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2019, 08:53:41 PM »
Dems are betting on replacing the low voter turnout for black voters with illegals. I find it hard to believe that they will be pandering to the black community in 10-15 years.

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2019, 07:06:45 AM »
Dems are betting on replacing the low voter turnout for black voters with illegals. I find it hard to believe that they will be pandering to the black community in 10-15 years.

Truth. That’s why they pretend to care about Mexicans trying to cross the border illegally.

It's a tough position for a politician. But not being a politician, I think you can speak from the heart and be ok in this situation and he probably should have done that. There is no video of the shooting. 15 years ago, video was rare, 20 years ago non existent. The shooting is under investigation. He has asked just about everybody from outside the department to help investigate it. Thats a good call. You can acknowledge that there have been incidents where minorities were shot by police when it wasn't warranted. And you can acknowledge that in the majority of cases the deadly force was reasonable. He should tell those demanding justice to understand that there is a process in place, and just as they don't want people to jump to the conclusion the minority must have been doing something to deserve being shot, it's not fair to jump to the conclusion the minority must have been shot for no reason.

Good post, but it would fall on deaf ears. The criticism is that the police force lacks diversity. They say that in every black area. They eventually get more black cops on the job in addition to a black Police chief and this is the result:

8 People Shot, 3 Killed Overnight In Baltimore City – CBS Baltimore

https://baltimore.cbslocal.com/2019/06/22/9-shot-3-killed-in-baltimore/

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2019, 07:31:40 AM »
ButtPlug is going nowhere

illuminati

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • The Strongest Shall Survive.- - Lest we Forget.
« Reply #8 on: June 25, 2019, 07:32:58 AM »
The ButtPlug is going up His Arse !!

Fixed it For You.

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #9 on: June 25, 2019, 07:59:05 AM »
From my understanding, most of these lesser candidates know that they have no shot. They just want to get some national attention so they can land a better gig.

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #10 on: June 25, 2019, 10:47:04 AM »
Many, if not most blacks are homophobic.  Same goes for Hispanics, Arabs, Persians, Indians, etc.

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: June 25, 2019, 11:26:15 AM »
Truth. That’s why they pretend to care about Mexicans trying to cross the border illegally.

Good post, but it would fall on deaf ears. The criticism is that the police force lacks diversity. They say that in every black area. They eventually get more black cops on the job in addition to a black Police chief and this is the result:

8 People Shot, 3 Killed Overnight In Baltimore City – CBS Baltimore

https://baltimore.cbslocal.com/2019/06/22/9-shot-3-killed-in-baltimore/

That may be true but it's been my experience it isn't by design. In the last 15 years the department I was with bent over backwards to recruit minorities. Implemented Assessment centers along with tests to facilitate promoting minorities. But the stigma of being a police officer in many communities is still strong, the background checks that eliminate candidates for certain police involvement or financial issues are another. Minorities want more representation, they need to start applying

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #12 on: June 25, 2019, 12:26:45 PM »
That may be true but it's been my experience it isn't by design. In the last 15 years the department I was with bent over backwards to recruit minorities. Implemented Assessment centers along with tests to facilitate promoting minorities. But the stigma of being a police officer in many communities is still strong, the background checks that eliminate candidates for certain police involvement or financial issues are another. Minorities want more representation, they need to start applying

My argument is that the root cause is the behavior of the people in these communities which requires so much police intervention. You keep putting cops in a position to make a decision, they’re going to make some bad ones eventually.

IroNat

• Getbig V
  • Time you enjoy wasting, was not wasted.
« Reply #13 on: June 25, 2019, 12:40:26 PM »
Did he really serve in combat?

He was in military intelligence and drove a general around from what I read. 

SOMEPARTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: June 25, 2019, 03:59:36 PM »
Many, if not most blacks are homophobic known for observing social norms about sexual identity.  Same goes for Hispanics, Arabs, Persians, Indians, etc.

IroNat

• Getbig V
  • Time you enjoy wasting, was not wasted.
« Reply #15 on: June 26, 2019, 05:36:46 AM »
Will Butt-man bend over to satisfy the left?

illuminati

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: June 26, 2019, 05:43:56 AM »
Will Butt-man bend over to satisfy the left?

No doubt he has & will
As he’s queer he likes his Butt Plugged !!

illuminati

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: June 26, 2019, 02:32:34 PM »
I've lived in Ga since 2002 and think they do a good job of insuring only registered voters cast a ballot.
To me, if you don't have a proper ID and can't get registered to vote , it's your own damn fault.

Well said Howard