Author Topic: Whats the deal with cats  (Read 6032 times)

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
Whats the deal with cats
« on: August 15, 2019, 07:25:47 AM »
3 newborns popped out from underneath my porch about a month ago ive been giving them food . By chance i saw one of the parent cats i beleive very  elusive maybe lurking around to see how the babies were doing. Havent seen the parent ever since.

2 of the three cats very healthy n quick. One of the cats is kinda the runt n smaller n doesnt move when you approach it very sweet cat.  However today something must have gotten to the cat no marks but cat is falling over seems weak and stumbling. Remindes me of gizmo from the gremlins.I feel sad . These cats sure like jif peanutbutter though
A

Kwon

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
Re: Whats the deal with cats
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2019, 07:29:38 AM »
If you can, find out who the guilty party is who injured lil Gizmo and punish him!

Q

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2019, 07:43:31 AM »
If you can, find out who the guilty party is who injured lil Gizmo and punish him!

lil gizmo came into this world a runt with zero reaction timing maybe could only bench half a pound now
A

stuntmovie

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2019, 07:44:14 AM »
Never had a cat until about 10 years back a stray kitten arrived at uur front doorstep searching for water as it was 110 degrees outside.

We took her in and named her SUNNY because she was a bright yellow kitten.

And we had two dogs who accepted her immediately and they all grew up and became great friends.

So SUNNY grew up thinking she was a dog and when friends brought their dogs to the house, SUNNY would jump right in to introduce herself with no sign of fear, but a genuine willingness to play.

And she never owned a watch but she knew what time it  was because at 7 AM each morning she would hop on the beds to make sure that everyone got up and that she got fed  along with the dogs who were her best buddies.

I hope you can help out that little runt.

SUNNY passed away before her time and the whole household still talks about what a great cat she was.

Rascal full

• Getbig IV
« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2019, 07:50:06 AM »
Never had a cat until about 10 years back a stray kitten arrived at oyr front doorstep searching for water as it was 110 degrees outside.

We took her in and named her SUNNY because she was a bright yellow kitten.

And we had two dogs who accepted her immediately and they all grew up and became great friends.

So SUNNY grew up thinking she was a dog and when friends brought their dogs to the house, SUNNY would jump right in to introduce herself with no sign of fear, but a genuine willingness to play.

And she never owned a watch but she knew what time it  was because at 7 AM each morning she would hop on the beds to make sure that everyone got up and that she got fed  along with the dogs who were her best buddies.

I hope you can help out that little runt.
SUNNY passed away before her time and the whole household still talks about what a great cat she was.

I am sorry Sunny passed away before her time, she certainly does sound like a great cat. I love cats but haven't got one at the moment because not sure how my 16 month German Shepard would react to introducing a cat to the house-hold. Your Sunny gives me hope that maybe a cat could be accepted and become great friends with my dog.

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2019, 08:13:51 AM »
I honestly cant tell if my cat ate a bad frog n now its LSD trippen balls or got aatacked(no wounds).
A

MorganSA

• Getbig III
  • Benching 19 years, still lead with shoulders
« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2019, 08:33:55 AM »
Hey Marty.....Does it have a sniff (hard to tell), or a raw nose? Also, maybe buy the critters some good quality kitten kibbles. Don't give up on any of them, they will change your life.  May have eaten a poison (cats are allergic to some common plants). Good luck.

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
« Reply #7 on: August 15, 2019, 08:48:08 AM »
Contact your local humane society.  Get these cats in for TNR ASAP, before it turns into an overpopulation, inhumane and disease disaster.
:

lightweight83

• Getbig IV
« Reply #8 on: August 15, 2019, 08:51:19 AM »
I honestly cant tell if my cat ate a bad frog n now its LSD trippen balls or got aatacked(no wounds).

I'm pretty sure that's what happened to my dog.  He was in perfect health and one day I let him inside and he was acting weird as shit.  Brought him to the vet and they did his bloodwork and ran a bunch of tests and nothing was out of the ordinary.  Then the next day he died at only 8 years old.  Still bothers me to this day. 

stuntmovie

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #9 on: August 15, 2019, 10:11:00 AM »
That mention of "frog" above reminded me that many years ago in Hawaii we were warned abut frogs being poisonous to dogs!

Am I right that I think we called those creatures .. "Buffo Frogs"?

I gotta look that up.

I just did that and here is what I found ...

They are called "toads" and not "frogs".

And there are two types that are dangerous to dogs ....

The Giant Toad and Colorado River Toad …

Both of these toads secret Bufotoxin from glands on their back. The Bufotoxin is a powerful hallucinogen.

NOW I SEE WHY WE CALLED THEM BUFFO frogs. Toads!

These  toads can kill dogs in less than 30 minutes,

Has anyone on this board ever dried one out and smoked it?  

(MARTY, Don't try it!)

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #10 on: August 15, 2019, 10:41:41 AM »
The runt is probably being neglected by the mother and is getting weaker. Are they small enough to be on mother's milk? The kitten will die if you don't step in.

Kwon

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #11 on: August 15, 2019, 11:14:46 AM »
Step in if you can Marty!

Feed the little runt some milk!
Q

SOMEPARTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: August 15, 2019, 01:37:37 PM »
That mention of "frog" above reminded me that many years ago in Hawaii we were warned abut frogs being poisonous to dogs!

Am I right that I think we called those creatures .. "Buffo Frogs"?

I gotta look that up.

I just did that and here is what I found ...

They are called "toads" and not "frogs".

And there are two types that are dangerous to dogs ....

The Giant Toad and Colorado River Toad …

Both of these toads secret Bufotoxin from glands on their back. The Bufotoxin is a powerful hallucinogen.

NOW I SEE WHY WE CALLED THEM BUFFO frogs. Toads!

These  toads can kill dogs in less than 30 minutes,

Has anyone on this board ever dried one out and smoked it?  

(MARTY, Don't try it!)

This is the only Buff Frog I know of:

(Marty save the cat or get banned)

Randomum

• Getbig III
« Reply #13 on: August 15, 2019, 03:47:09 PM »
Give them some test for their cycle, and keep them away from DNP.

On a more serious note: Take the cats to the humane society for shots, distemper or pneumonia can kill them easily.

sync pulse

• Getbig V
  • Only be sure always to call it please, 'research'
« Reply #14 on: August 16, 2019, 12:01:23 AM »
You need to get them fixed too...

LittleJ

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: August 16, 2019, 02:00:03 AM »
People are losing limbs from pets.

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #16 on: August 16, 2019, 04:52:23 AM »
You mean the people lose a limb and the pet gains a limb? Or do you mean they're saying "Oh Mr. Stinkywink! Where did your paw go?"

TooManyReps

• Getbig I
« Reply #17 on: August 21, 2019, 05:03:48 PM »
Cats are scary. :-)

benchmstr

• Getbig V
  • Raging drunk
« Reply #18 on: August 24, 2019, 12:03:06 PM »
God realized that every human was entitled of moving targets...thus creating cats

Bench

The Italian Lifter

• Getbig IV
  • I need an English dictionary!
« Reply #19 on: October 03, 2019, 05:18:24 AM »
Any news about your cats Falcon? Hope the little one is good.
North of Italy