Author Topic: Trump cancels Denmark trip  (Read 2712 times)

Irongrip400

• Getbig V
  • Pan Germanism, Pax Britannica
Trump cancels Denmark trip
« on: August 21, 2019, 06:06:49 PM »
Because they don’t want to sell him Greenland? What the fuck is his problem, what beef does he have with Denmark? ???

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
Re: Trump cancels Denmark trip
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2019, 06:14:01 PM »
Because they don’t want to sell him Greenland? What the fuck is his problem, what beef does he have with Denmark? ???

They made fun of him in the nicest possible way and that's all it took for the ostensibly the most powerful person on the planet to get his feelings hurt

The guy is WORLD CLASS PUSSY

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2019, 06:29:31 PM »
They made fun of him in the nicest possible way and that's all it took for the ostensibly the most powerful person on the planet to get his feelings hurt

Do you think Trump thinks about you as much as you think about him?

I haven't followed the story, but I would think we'd be better off buying Mexico and bulldozing the joint.
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2019, 06:35:23 PM »
Do you think Trump thinks about you as much as you think about him?

I haven't followed the story, but I would think we'd be better off buying Mexico and bulldozing the joint.

All I do is read the news

I guess you're not aware that he's the POTUS and every time he says or does something stupid it's on the news

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2019, 06:50:49 PM »
Denmark's response was disrespectful to America and the American people.  Trump is not the first one to throw that idea out there (goes back to Truman).  They're bleeding $700M a year, so it wouldn't hurt them to entertain ideas and discussion.  Was Seward an idiot with an absurd idea?
:

Irongrip400

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2019, 06:53:00 PM »
Denmark's response was disrespectful to America and the American people.  Trump is not the first one to throw that idea out there (goes back to Truman).  They're bleeding $700M a year, so it wouldn't hurt them to entertain ideas and discussion.  Was Seward an idiot with an absurd idea?

He threw a tantrum. They didn’t say anything offensive, they just were shocked by it. Canceling the trip is a bitch move on his part. I can’t get behind his actions on this.

chaos

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2019, 06:53:18 PM »

I guess you're not aware that he's the POTUS and every time he says or does something stupid it's on the news

Maybe you should start reading some CA news and look at how your demoncrat "governor" is fucking legal citizens over.
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

AbrahamG

• Getbig V
  • Team Pfizer
« Reply #7 on: August 21, 2019, 06:54:44 PM »

Biggest pussy ever to hold the office. 

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
« Reply #8 on: August 21, 2019, 06:56:10 PM »
All I do is read the FAKE news

Fixed
:

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #9 on: August 21, 2019, 07:21:10 PM »

Fixed

LOL

so you think this story is FAKE?

I guess I shouldn't be surprised

Trumptards will do anything to preserve the fantasy of their messiah

If I get the story from Trumptards own Twitter feed is that also considered "fake"

I  saw Trump call the Denmark PM "nasty" for mocking his idiot desire to purchase Greenland but I guess that was probably a fake video

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #10 on: August 21, 2019, 07:26:31 PM »

she called is "absurd" which is tame compared the language Trump uses every day when ripping on his own cabinet member and members if his own party

BTW - Trump is the same person who shits on cities in the very country where he himself is POTUS and because....he got his feeling hurt

Starting to see a pattern

Now that is an actualy example of being disrespectful to America

The Denmark PM was actually kind in just calling him absurd

Also, just to be clear she was calling Trump absurd....not our entire country

The majority of the country agrees with her and likely would have much stronger words

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
« Reply #11 on: August 21, 2019, 07:35:22 PM »
He threw a tantrum. They didn’t say anything offensive, they just were shocked by it. Canceling the trip is a bitch move on his part. I can’t get behind his actions on this.

LOL

If I get the story from Trumptards own Twitter feed is that also considered "fake"

I  saw Trump call the Denmark PM "nasty" for mocking his idiot desire to purchase Greenland but I guess that was probably a fake video

Postponing is not the same as canceling.  Why do you think spending taxpayer $$$ THIS trip was a bitch move?  Why do you think it's an "idiot desire" to entertain a discussion?
:

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #12 on: August 21, 2019, 08:10:15 PM »

Maybe it’s just the news you read....obviously

Skeletor

• Getbig V
  • Silence you furry fool!
« Reply #13 on: August 21, 2019, 08:50:28 PM »
LOL

I  saw Trump call the Denmark PM "nasty" for mocking his idiot desire to purchase Greenland but I guess that was probably a fake video

Where did you see Trump call the Danish PM "nasty"?
From his answer, it seemed to me that he called the Danish PM's statement/remarks "nasty", he didn't call the Danish PM herself nasty. The tweet in your post doesn't even contain the word "nasty".

Even MSNBC in its video "Trump: Danish Prime Minister's Comments Were 'Nasty' And 'Inappropriate' | MSNBC" has the title bar "Trump calls female Denmark PM's statement "nasty"" when Trump speaks.
(For some reason, MSNBC felt the need to mention "female" in that title.)

Even the video description says: "President Trump claimed that the comments made by Denmark's Prime Minister on the possibility of the United States buying Greenland were "nasty."[/b]"

"Denmark I look forward to going but I thought that the prime minister's statement that it was absurd, that it was an absurd idea it was nasty. I thought it was an inappropriate statement. All she had to do is say "no we wouldn't be interested". But we can't treat the United States of America the way they treated us under President Obama. I thought it was a very, not nice way of saying something. They could have told me "no", this is something that's been discussed for many years. Harry Truman had the idea of Greenland, I had the idea, other people have had the idea, goes back into the early 1900s. But Harry Truman very strongly thought it was a good idea. I think it is a good idea because Denmark is losing $700 million a year with it, it doesn't do them any good, but all they had to do was say "no we'd rather not do that" or "we'd rather not talk about it", don't say "what an absurd idea that is" because she's not talking to me, she's talking to the United States of America, you don't talk to the United States that way, at least under me. Now President Obama when they wouldn't let him land to the Philippines,when they treated him so badly in so many places, the Philippines is one that comes to mind, that's different, that's different,  they can treat him any way they want to, that's up to him. But they can't treat the United States with a statement "how absurd"."

Trump has said dumb or uncouth things but in this case, saying that he called the Danish PM "nasty" is not true.

SOMEPARTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: August 21, 2019, 09:16:36 PM »
China has an interest in Greenland. More to the story.

sync pulse

• Getbig V
  • Only be sure always to call it please, 'research'
« Reply #15 on: August 21, 2019, 11:06:49 PM »
Gee, you don't suppose non-ferrous mineral deposits has anything to do with it?

To paraphrase Michael Corleone:
If history has taught us anything, it is that the Arctic regions, of which Greenland is a part of, is lopping over with mineral wealth.

Denmark and Greenland know this...and they know the United States knows this as well...That is why the offer is absurd...

Irongrip400

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: August 22, 2019, 04:00:44 AM »
Gee, you don't suppose non-ferrous mineral deposits has anything to do with it?

To paraphrase Michael Corleone:
If history has taught us anything, it is that the Arctic regions, of which Greenland is a part of, is lopping over with mineral wealth.

Denmark and Greenland know this...and they know the United States knows this as well...That is why the offer is absurd...

Yeah, of course there’s a reason. Natural resources and it could be used to sprinkle more troops. I’m not even saying it was a bad idea, but the way he handled the rebuff was like a jackass.

sync pulse

• Getbig V
  • Only be sure always to call it please, 'research'
« Reply #17 on: August 22, 2019, 04:22:22 AM »
Yeah, of course there’s a reason. Natural resources and it could be used to sprinkle more troops. I’m not even saying it was a bad idea, but the way he handled the rebuff was like a jackass.

Of course he was being a jack ass....He was being a jack ass making the offer...Thinking those stupid Danes wouldn't know the potential future value of whats inside Greenland...

It's like the time some redneck asshole made me an offer for my Condo that was only 1/12th the appraised value.

Being an ignorant Jack ass is part of Donald Trump's dna.....

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #18 on: August 22, 2019, 07:09:27 AM »
Any nudes of the PM ?  She

Board_SHERIF

• Getbig V
  • UK Independence Party
« Reply #19 on: August 22, 2019, 08:47:55 AM »
Poor Old TinHat Man duped by fake news yet again................... .................

Postpone now means cancel  ::)
K

Irongrip400

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: August 22, 2019, 03:06:47 PM »
Poor Old TinHat Man duped by fake news yet again................... .................

Postpone now means cancel  ::)

Hey man, you don’t have to defend everything he does just because you voted for the guy. I voted for him and don’t agree with all his actions. But saying he didn’t cancel his trip? He did. If you had an 8:30 dinner reservation and decided to call and say you weren’t coming, they’d consider that a cancellation.

B_B_C

• Getbig IV
  • change is the lot of all
« Reply #21 on: August 22, 2019, 03:18:28 PM »
c

chaos

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: August 22, 2019, 06:20:18 PM »
China has an interest in Greenland. More to the story.
People aren't paying attention to this.

(Newser) – Seems President Trump didn't come up with "let's buy Greenland" all on his own. Speaking at a Talk Business & Politics event in Arkansas, Sen. Tom Cotton said he looked into a possible purchase months ago and asked the Danish ambassador about it. "Obviously, the right decision for this country," he told TB&P CEO Roby Brock about Trump's Greenland tweets. "You're joking, but I can reveal to you that several months ago, I met with the Danish ambassador and I proposed that they sell Greenland to us." Cotton said the semi-autonomous Danish territory is strategically situated for America, already houses a US base, and has mineral reserves—which explains China's 2018 attempt to pay off Greenland's government and set up military bases there.

Cotton noted that Trump officials and members of Congress persuaded Denmark to prevent the China deal at the eleventh hour. He and others advised Trump to pursue the purchase, said Cotton, who accused anyone who disagreed of being "blinded by Trump derangement." Yet the issue became a diplomatic headache this week when Denmark's prime minister called the idea "absurd," Danish politicians condemned it, and Trump canceled his pending Denmark trip, per the Guardian. Then on Thursday, former Danish PM Lars Loekke Rasmussen responded to a Trump tweet that criticized Denmark's NATO spending—which "is only at 1.35% of GDP"—by saying Denmark's casualties in Afghanistan were proportionally the same as America's, the AP reports.
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: August 26, 2019, 10:47:16 AM »

His problem is that Prime Minister of Denmark, Mette Frederiksen is a woman who turned Trump down on his suggestion we buy Greenland..

T“Greenland is not for sale,” she (Mette Fredericksen) said, adding: “I strongly hope that this is not meant seriously.”

She added that the whole thing was “an absurd discussion” and compared it to a “joke.” “Thankfully, the time where you buy and sell other countries and populations is over,” she said. “Let’s leave it there."

"Never mind that much of the rest of the world thought it sounded absurd as well. Amid a global laughing fit, Mr. Trump got his back up and lashed out, as he is wont to do, and called the prime minister “nasty,” one of his favorite insults, particularly employed against women who offend him, like Hillary Clinton and Meghan Markle, the Duchess of Sussex."

chaos

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: August 26, 2019, 05:57:41 PM »
His problem is that Prime Minister of Denmark, Mette Frederiksen is a woman who turned Trump down on his suggestion we buy Greenland..

T“Greenland is not for sale,” she (Mette Fredericksen) said, adding: “I strongly hope that this is not meant seriously.”

She added that the whole thing was “an absurd discussion” and compared it to a “joke.” “Thankfully, the time where you buy and sell other countries and populations is over,” she said. “Let’s leave it there."

"Never mind that much of the rest of the world thought it sounded absurd as well. Amid a global laughing fit, Mr. Trump got his back up and lashed out, as he is wont to do, and called the prime minister “nasty,” one of his favorite insults, particularly employed against women who offend him, like Hillary Clinton and Meghan Markle, the Duchess of Sussex."
You're TDS is blinding you, get over it.
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!