Author Topic: Eat Less Red Meat, Scientists Said. Now Some Believe That Was Bad Advice.  (Read 8496 times)

Al Doggity

• Getbig V
  • Old School Gemini
Re: Eat Less Red Meat, Scientists Said. Now Some Believe That Was Bad Advice.
« Reply #25 on: October 01, 2019, 12:57:34 PM »
This.

Most people know more than scientists, unless theyre a professed Christian believing in a spiritual entity, then they're a simpleton not open to reasoning.

Most of what people "know" in regards to diet is based on what has become popular science.

You have people in this thread claiming they don't need science to tell them common sense about a diet, meanwhile the reason they believe these things is because science -possibly incorrect science- has been telling them these things for years. The vilification of dietary fat (especially saturated fat) is a relatively recent turn of events. And its connection to heart disease is still considered a hypothesis. It's been increasingly disputed over the last decade or two.

Big Tex C*ckburn, PhD

• Getbig II
« Reply #26 on: October 01, 2019, 01:57:19 PM »
Food does not "rot" in your stomach, period. Rotting is defined as the decomposition of organic matter (your food, in this case) as the result of bacterial or fungal action. Your stomach has a pH of about 2.0 or less when fasted, which is more acidic than even vinegar and lemon juice.

'Food does not "rot" in your stomach, period. Rotting is defined as the decomposition of organic matter (your food, in this case) as the result of bacterial or fungal action. Your stomach has a pH of about 2.0 or less when fasted, which is more acidic than even vinegar and lemon juice.'

Freuman, T. (2015) 'Debunking the Myth of Food Combining'. U.S. News [Online]. Available at https://health.usnews.com/health-news/blogs/eat-run/2015/05/12/debunking-the-myth-of-food-combining

You always know when 'dan18' has been up to his old tricks again because everything suddenly starts making sense!

joswift

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #27 on: October 01, 2019, 02:05:18 PM »

'Food does not "rot" in your stomach, period. Rotting is defined as the decomposition of organic matter (your food, in this case) as the result of bacterial or fungal action. Your stomach has a pH of about 2.0 or less when fasted, which is more acidic than even vinegar and lemon juice.'

Freuman, T. (2015) 'Debunking the Myth of Food Combining'. U.S. News [Online]. Available at https://health.usnews.com/health-news/blogs/eat-run/2015/05/12/debunking-the-myth-of-food-combining

You always know when 'dan18' has been up to his old tricks again because everything suddenly starts making sense!

hahaha fuck he stole it word for word.. ;D

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #28 on: October 01, 2019, 02:11:46 PM »

Oct. 1, 2019

Public health officials for years have urged Americans to limit consumption of red meat and processed meats because of concerns that these foods are linked to heart disease, cancer and other ills.

But on Monday, in a remarkable turnabout, an international collaboration of researchers produced a series of analyses concluding that the advice, a bedrock of almost all dietary guidelines, is not backed by good scientific evidence.

If there are health benefits from eating less beef and pork, they are small, the researchers concluded. Indeed, the advantages are so faint that they can be discerned only when looking at large populations, the scientists said, and are not sufficient to tell individuals to change their meat-eating habits.

“The certainty of evidence for these risk reductions was low to very low,” said Bradley Johnston, an epidemiologist at Dalhousie University in Canada and leader of the group publishing the new research in the Annals of Internal Medicine.

The new analyses are among the largest such evaluations ever attempted and may influence future dietary recommendations. In many ways, they raise uncomfortable questions about dietary advice and nutritional research, and what sort of standards these studies should be held to.

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/09/30/health/red-meat-heart-cancer.html

I'm having 12-16oz of red meat per day and I'm almost over it. I'm cutting down to three days for no other reason except I'm sick of eating it. On a side note I put this link on AOC and Cory Bookers twitter feed

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #29 on: October 01, 2019, 02:17:37 PM »
I've been reading about the carnivore diet for a year or so.

Not only do they not cut back, it's the primary food source....everything else is secondary, even vegetables.

I will say most of the people promoting this type of diet appear to be in great shape.
Y

Hypertrophy

• Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: October 01, 2019, 02:23:36 PM »
Most of what people "know" in regards to diet is based on what has become popular science.

You have people in this thread claiming they don't need science to tell them common sense about a diet, meanwhile the reason they believe these things is because science -possibly incorrect science- has been telling them these things for years. The vilification of dietary fat (especially saturated fat) is a relatively recent turn of events. And its connection to heart disease is still considered a hypothesis. It's been increasingly disputed over the last decade or two.

^This

"Common sense" is simply information passed down from generation to generation. It isn't always correct. Common sense maintained for several hundred years that the sun orbited the earth.

kreator

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #31 on: October 01, 2019, 02:38:39 PM »
There’s nothing wrong with saturated fat. That doesn’t mean you should consume tons of it with simple carbs though. Now we could have a problem if this becomes the norm in your diet. It’s not that much about one source of calories but more about the combinations of different sources of calories. You won’t find a single food in nature that is both rich in carbs and fat. If u know of such food please let me know, I love learning new stuff about nutrition.

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #32 on: October 01, 2019, 02:48:50 PM »
There’s nothing wrong with saturated fat. That doesn’t mean you should consume tons of it with simple carbs though. Now we could have a problem if this becomes the norm in your diet. It’s not that much about one source of calories but more about the combinations of different sources of calories. You won’t find a single food in nature that is both rich in carbs and fat. If u know of such food please let me know, I love learning new stuff about nutrition.

For starters: Milk.

Add to that every single plant base source of fat.  Tree nuts have lots of fat, yet enough carbs that some of them are not recommended for people on the keto diet because they could kick you out of ketosis. 

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #33 on: October 01, 2019, 02:51:42 PM »

Technically, you shouldn't consume simple carbs, period.  Consuming saturated fat is good for your health, while consuming simple carbs is bad for your health.

joswift

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: October 01, 2019, 03:16:20 PM »
^This

"Common sense" is simply information passed down from generation to generation. It isn't always correct. Common sense maintained for several hundred years that the sun orbited the earth.

How can a flat disc have an orbit?

IroNat

• Getbig V
  • "Woke is a cult." - Joe Rogan
« Reply #35 on: October 01, 2019, 04:19:37 PM »

And on top of a swimming turtle besides.

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #36 on: October 01, 2019, 04:53:53 PM »
I'm having 12-16oz of red meat per day and I'm almost over it. I'm cutting down to three days for no other reason except I'm sick of eating it. On a side note I put this link on AOC and Cory Bookers twitter feed

LOL...good work, Coach!   :D

Hypertrophy

• Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: October 01, 2019, 05:50:19 PM »

lol- I forgot about Wiggsian physics

Dave D

• Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: October 01, 2019, 06:02:55 PM »
^This

This.

People still believe anything they are taught.  And if they find out whatever they believe is not true they either abandon the idea completely or they adhere to even deeper.

Learning is dangerous for one's mental well being.

mac33

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #39 on: October 01, 2019, 08:17:59 PM »
We are made of meat, bones, fat, our hormonal system, nervous system is based on saturated fat and we utilize animal based food best.

Other food is hardly processed by our body and yet, we should eat hydrogenated oils and cellulose based plants. Cause, "rotting meat"...  ::)

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #40 on: October 01, 2019, 09:42:52 PM »
I'm all about sardines these days but love a good steak. Meat is good. I don't know how vegans do it.

MAXX

• Getbig V
  • MAGA
« Reply #41 on: October 01, 2019, 09:46:06 PM »
We are made of meat, bones, fat, our hormonal system, nervous system is based on saturated fat and we utilize animal based food best.

Other food is hardly processed by our body and yet, we should eat hydrogenated oils and cellulose based plants. Cause, "rotting meat"...  ::)
Cows eat hay. They are made out of that too. Terrible reasoning...

Humans teeth suggests we are hunters AND gatherers, not pure carnivors.

mac33

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #42 on: October 01, 2019, 10:15:21 PM »
Cows eat hay. They are made out of that too. Terrible reasoning...

Humans teeth suggests we are hunters AND gatherers, not pure carnivors.

LOL, do you know the anatomy of a cow? Cow has multiple "stomachs" and micro organisms that break down cellulose. In translation, cows digest plants, humans don`t. What you get out of plants is some minerals, oils and a bit of starch if it is boiled to death. Problem with plants is that they can actually prevent absorption of nutrients even proteins, it is not all good that comes from them.

If you want to see how humans live on meat diets, look at areas where plant growing is impossible yet humans live on meat diet. That does not mean you should not eat other sources of food since they have their benefits as well. It is just a fact that animals provide everything that a human body needs including vitamin C.

We are not lions but we sure as hell ain`t an ox too ;D

kreator

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #43 on: October 01, 2019, 11:45:25 PM »
Technically, you shouldn't consume simple carbs, period.  Consuming saturated fat is good for your health, while consuming simple carbs is bad for your health.

It’s all relative. You could consume enough fruit and vegetables to provide sufficient amount of glucose for your brain. That’s not much.

kreator

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #44 on: October 01, 2019, 11:50:19 PM »
For starters: Milk.

Add to that every single plant base source of fat.  Tree nuts have lots of fat, yet enough carbs that some of them are not recommended for people on the keto diet because they could kick you out of ketosis. 

That’s nitpicking and totally unnecessary unless like u said u’re doing keto. I don’t see why anyone would be doing keto unless they have cancer or dieting

IRON CROSS

• Getbig V
« Reply #45 on: October 02, 2019, 12:34:54 AM »
Grass clippings are better for you,especially if freshly cut.

Hell yes, sprouts in stir-fry  ;)

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #46 on: October 02, 2019, 04:29:10 AM »
That’s nitpicking and totally unnecessary unless like u said u’re doing keto. I don’t see why anyone would be doing keto unless they have cancer or dieting

Nitpicking?  You said "You won’t find a single food in nature that is both rich in carbs and fat", which is incorrect.  Then you said "If u know of such food please let me know"

So I let you know of, not just a single food in nature, but many.

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #47 on: October 02, 2019, 04:30:44 AM »
It’s all relative. You could consume enough fruit and vegetables to provide sufficient amount of glucose for your brain. That’s not much.

Consuming simple carbs isn't necessary and it's not good for your health.  Consuming saturated fats is good for your health.

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #48 on: October 02, 2019, 05:07:27 AM »
love ground turkey but man I fart like a run away train from turkey, the reason people feel bloated from steak is to big and to much iron constipates you :P
LOL..I THOUGHT IT WAS ME I EAT GROUND TURKEY TOO OFTEN BUT TAKE BREAKS CAUSE IT GIVES ME SAME FEELING,,WHY IS THAT?I LIKE TURKEY CUTLETS TOO .

dan18

• Getbig V
  • I DID WHAT I DID BECAUSE I DO WHAT I WANT.
« Reply #49 on: October 02, 2019, 05:32:02 AM »

What tricks lame brain its obvious when you copy and past, I made no secret about it the acids in your stomach is strong food gets dissolved the one food that is the hardest on your stomach is fruit and veggies, it takes along time to break down in your system that's why besides the gerbils in your ass you shit out corn...
p