Author Topic: What is happening in Sweden?  (Read 12461 times)

Kwon

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
What is happening in Sweden?
« on: October 16, 2019, 03:37:03 PM »
Q

Megalodon

• Getbig V
Re: What is happening in Sweden?
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2019, 03:54:00 PM »
How do some Swedes speak English with perfect or near perfect American English accents like this girl especially, and Pewdiepie to a degree?

Then, there's British-sounding Thunberg but mainly there's the stereotypical Swedish accent from the Muppet chef that Americans, at least used to, generally associated with a Swedish accent.

Kwon

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2019, 04:08:22 PM »
How do some Swedes speak English with perfect or near perfect American English accents like this girl especially, and Pewdiepie to a degree?

Then, there's British-sounding Thunberg but mainly there's the stereotypical Swedish accent from the Muppet chef that Americans, at least used to, generally associated with a Swedish accent.

We are taught English early in school and all the youngsters have access to the interwebs these days
(and most of their favorite series/programs and youtubers are spoken in british or american english, but in 20 years will be in arabic)

When i was 8-9 years old i already was reading both normal books and comicbooks written in english.

I'd say my english back when i was 15-16 years old was better than my current :D
Q

Megalodon

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2019, 04:42:32 PM »
We are taught English early in school and all the youngsters have access to the interwebs these days
(and most of their favorite series/programs and youtubers are spoken in british or american english, but in 20 years will be in arabic)

When i was 8-9 years old i already was reading both normal books and comicbooks written in english.

I'd say my english back when i was 15-16 years old was better than my current :D

Thanks, Kwon. That is amazing to get the accent as well. I agree that learning it at a young age is key, especially acquiring it also through interests(books/videos) as opposed to strictly forced classroom study.

Most Americans would probably be against schools teaching Spanish(the most practical 2nd language for Americans) as a second language to everyone in schools but having an additional 20,000+ word vocabulary wouldn't hurt.

galain

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2019, 10:50:46 PM »
I think the Swedes speak the best English out of any of the non English speaking countries. The Danes and the Dutch are pretty good too.

The Germans aren't even close to the level of their Scandinavian neighbours. There's this enormous industry here invested in ruining dubbing all foreign language film and tv into German. I'm sure that plays a role.

This girl not only has a very clean accent, her grammar and syntax are excellent.

The Italian Lifter

• Getbig IV
  • I need an English dictionary!
« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2019, 11:22:10 PM »
I think the Swedes speak the best English out of any of the non English speaking countries. The Danes and the Dutch are pretty good too.

The Germans aren't even close to the level of their Scandinavian neighbours. There's this enormous industry here invested in ruining dubbing all foreign language film and tv into German. I'm sure that plays a role.

This girl not only has a very clean accent, her grammar and syntax are excellent.

Whattabbout the Italians Galain wassamatter with you??  ;D
North of Italy

Fortress

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2019, 11:48:08 PM »
It’s heartening to see young white women voice anger with the current leftlib agenda to destroy our lands with “progressive” horseshit and immigration from NON-compatible countries/ethnicities/cultures.

Kwon

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #7 on: October 17, 2019, 02:41:23 AM »
Thanks, Kwon. That is amazing to get the accent as well. I agree that learning it at a young age is key, especially acquiring it also through interests(books/videos) as opposed to strictly forced classroom study.

Most Americans would probably be against schools teaching Spanish(the most practical 2nd language for Americans) as a second language to everyone in schools but having an additional 20,000+ word vocabulary wouldn't hurt.

When i was younger, my favorite series that were shown on the swedish telly (we just had two channels back in the day, TV1 and TV2), were Onedin line, Little House on the Prairie and The Macahans (Zeb Macahan!) Emmerdale Farm, Magnum PI (with Tom Selleck); Dallas (Larry Hagman made an impression on me as a young un in 1981) and SOAP.

We didn't have much to watch with just two channels, so sometimes you'd just have to watch M.A.S.H with Alan Alda. :D

But when you start with english in school and have access to so many british and american tv-series so early (7-10 years of age), you learn pretty quickly since your brain is like a sponge at that age.

When i was 10-12 i started reading lots of english books and started reading HP Lovecraft novels.

Nowadays though, children don't read as much books as we did , if any, since they are given Ipads long before they started school by their parents! :D

Q

falco

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: October 17, 2019, 02:48:00 AM »
Seems like many Swedes do not love their country.

Kwon

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #9 on: October 17, 2019, 02:50:48 AM »
Have to add some more series i grew up with (and maybe influenced me and made me as deranged i am today :D)

'Allo 'Allo (parody on Secret Army), Mork and Mindy, Greatest American Hero.

Secret Army

EDIT: Falco, most rather leave the country if they can, they've given up.

Since what we had before, we do not anymore.

Oh right, we also grew up with this german series for kids :D
Q

galain

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #10 on: October 17, 2019, 06:55:23 AM »
Whattabbout the Italians Galain wassamatter with you??  ;D

Compadre!

Italian people rock. Nobody in the EU enjoys life or speaks English with as much life as the Italians do. Even when they can't speak English!

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #11 on: October 17, 2019, 08:30:21 AM »
How the Welfare State Corrupted Sweden | Mises Institute

https://mises.org/library/how-welfare-state-corrupted-sweden

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #12 on: October 17, 2019, 08:32:34 AM »
Compadre!

Italian people rock. Nobody in the EU enjoys life or speaks English with as much life as the Italians do. Even when they can't speak English!

I know a woman who came here from Italy as an adult. She posted a picture of herself on her Facebook wearing a white dress with the caption that she almost had a Marilyn moment.

I was surprised that someone who grew up in Italy would know so much about American culture that she would be able to reference a 1950s Marilynn Monroe movie.

Megalodon

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: October 17, 2019, 10:29:53 AM »
When i was younger, my favorite series that were shown on the swedish telly (we just had two channels back in the day, TV1 and TV2), were Onedin line, Little House on the Prairie and The Macahans (Zeb Macahan!) Emmerdale Farm, Magnum PI (with Tom Selleck); Dallas (Larry Hagman made an impression on me as a young un in 1981) and SOAP.

We didn't have much to watch with just two channels, so sometimes you'd just have to watch M.A.S.H with Alan Alda. :D

But when you start with english in school and have access to so many british and american tv-series so early (7-10 years of age), you learn pretty quickly since your brain is like a sponge at that age.

When i was 10-12 i started reading lots of english books and started reading HP Lovecraft novels.

Nowadays though, children don't read as much books as we did , if any, since they are given Ipads long before they started school by their parents! :D

Most Americans(me included) had/have never heard of British shows like Onedin Line or Emmerdale Farm. I don't they used to air non-American shows on the main networks like ABC, CBS, or NBC. Macahans was known as 'How the West was Won' over here.  America apologizes for inflicting Alan Alda and MASH on other countries.  :D

Red Ice Media is another Swedish(maybe just the male host) YT channel you may have heard of. I think YT took away their main channel and they had to start a new one.

Hopefully some parents also give them Kindle so they can read a ton of books or even comics on a tiny device.

IRON CROSS

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: October 17, 2019, 11:10:08 AM »
The last Tarzan was Swedish , Tarzan wearing pants  ::) !.

The Italian Lifter

• Getbig IV
« Reply #15 on: October 17, 2019, 11:16:53 AM »
Compadre!

Let me tell one thing Galain, and I'm dead serious : you'll never find people that love the US as much as Italians do.
It's in our culture since the end of WWII.
North of Italy

The Italian Lifter

• Getbig IV
« Reply #16 on: October 17, 2019, 11:21:19 AM »
I know a woman who came here from Italy as an adult. She posted a picture of herself on her Facebook wearing a white dress with the caption that she almost had a Marilyn moment.

I was surprised that someone who grew up in Italy would know so much about American culture that she would be able to reference a 1950s Marilynn Monroe movie.

This doesn't surprise me at all.
As I said to Galain Italian people have a cult for the USA, plain and simple.
USA saved us from communism thanks to our strategic position and the military bases.

My grandparents when they were still alive every time they heard the American anthem (even in movies) they stood up if they were seated.

This is how deep the thing is, I kid you not.

(sorry for hijacking the thread anyway)
North of Italy

Megalodon

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: October 17, 2019, 11:27:57 AM »
Let me tell one thing Galain, and I'm dead serious : you'll never find people that love the US as much as Italians do.

I'm American and within the past 5 years have watched about 10 times more 1965-1975 Italian westerns, Giallos, Poliziotteschi, and cannibal genre(Cannibal Holocaust, etc...) than I have American films.

The Italian Lifter

• Getbig IV
« Reply #18 on: October 17, 2019, 11:29:53 AM »

I'm American and within the past 5 years have watched about 10 times more 1965-1975 Italian westerns, Giallos, Poliziotteschi, and cannibal genre(Cannibal Holocaust, etc...) than I have American films.

I guess you must be a fan of the great Sergio Leone!
North of Italy

Kwon

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #19 on: October 17, 2019, 11:31:21 AM »
I love Spaghetti-Westerns!

Loved Sergio Leone's movies and Loved Bud Spencer and Terence Hill too :D
Q

Megalodon

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: October 17, 2019, 11:41:19 AM »
I guess you must be a fan of the great Sergio Leone!

Yes. Leone, Corbucci, Castellari, Sollima, Fidani....  :D

Kwon, Them and all the movies with Franco Nero, Anthony Steffen, George Hilton, Tomas Milian, Richard Harrison, Peter Lee Lawrence, Gianni Garko, Fabio Testi, Guiliano Gemma....  

Plus through mostly westerns, I became familiar with composers like Ennio Morricone, Bruno Nicolia, Riz Ortalani, Stelvio Cepriani, Guido & Maurizio De Angelis, Bacalov and a couple others.

Hypertrophy

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: October 17, 2019, 12:29:50 PM »

Without the Italian movie makers we would never have seen the great Steve Reeves in action!

The Italian Lifter

• Getbig IV
« Reply #22 on: October 17, 2019, 11:15:59 PM »
I love Spaghetti-Westerns!

Loved Sergio Leone's movies and Loved Bud Spencer and Terence Hill too :D

Well Kwon, I'm a bit surprised you saw movies of Bud and Terence.
I was convinced it was just a local success, not worldwide.
Bud was a champion swimmer, his real name was Carlo Pedersoli. If I remember correctly he even set many Italian records.
North of Italy

IRON CROSS

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: October 18, 2019, 12:26:36 AM »
Swedish suckers must be happy, BRUTAL ( :-*) TV series Vikings will end in season 6 !.

No more King Ragnar  :'( :'( :'(

Kwon

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #24 on: October 18, 2019, 01:14:21 AM »
Well Kwon, I'm a bit surprised you saw movies of Bud and Terence.
I was convinced it was just a local success, not worldwide.
Bud was a champion swimmer, his real name was Carlo Pedersoli. If I remember correctly he even set many Italian records.

haha Bud and Terence very popular here in Swe in the 80s!

Not just their westerns but also SUPERCOPS :D

Carlo Pedersolis grandson is fighting in the UFC these days!
Q