Author Topic: Flex Wheeler's right leg has been amputated  (Read 133517 times)

vascsurgeon

• Getbig II
Re: Flex Wheeler further health issues.
« Reply #475 on: March 04, 2020, 02:26:50 PM »
DVT

Google Phlegmasia cerulea dolens, maybe he suffered from that.
Basically, poor guy had less than the best of care.
As far as taking a vein out of his leg for the transplant, perhaps they used a short segment of a superficial vein for the graft. They may have used a synthetic conduit.
There are several possibilities regarding a possible DVT, however, aside from the above mentioned Phlegmasia the likely cause of his dead leg was on the arterial side of things.

obsidian

• Getbig V
« Reply #476 on: March 04, 2020, 02:39:17 PM »
flex got LevrOWNED

E
Flex looks better than Levrone in that comparison. Levrone looks stocky with a wider mid section. Levrone was good but 93 Flex was better than Levrone at his best. Just my opinion.

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
  • Go back to making jewelry and cakes with your girl
« Reply #477 on: March 04, 2020, 04:24:38 PM »

Flexacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #478 on: March 04, 2020, 04:32:15 PM »
Leverones torn pec looks like Heaths pec, which just shows you how shit Phil is

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #479 on: March 04, 2020, 04:39:02 PM »
Flex looks better than Levrone in that comparison. Levrone looks stocky with a wider mid section. Levrone was good but 93 Flex was better than Levrone at his best. Just my opinion.

the judges agreed with me, at least that is what people say to me when i disagree with the results :)

flex looks weak next to Mr. Levrone, who looks strong and powerful yet still aesthetic

93 flex might be the most overrated body of all time, way too small and skinny with those baby soft hams and glutes, narrow back, and oversized arms, it was not his best and many bodies including many versions of Mr. Levrone would beat him, i think his best was the 98 ironman

best body ever they say ::)

E

E

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
E

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #481 on: March 04, 2020, 04:43:32 PM »
the judges agreed with me, at least that is what people say to me when i disagree with the results :)

flex looks weak next to Mr. Levrone, who looks strong and powerful yet still aesthetic

93 flex might be the most overrated body of all time, way too small and skinny with those baby soft hams and glutes, narrow back, and oversized arms, it was not his best and many bodies including many versions of Mr. Levrone would beat him, i think his best was the 98 ironman

best body ever they say ::)

E

Flex could dominate Ironman and Arnold yr after year but once Olympia hit Shawn ray peaked for his mro”s Yates and or Coleman were in it to win ,flex couldn’t handle those guys or peak for the o ,kev,v taylor,labrada all were in top form.

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #482 on: March 04, 2020, 04:45:26 PM »
Leverones torn pec looks like Heaths pec, which just shows you how shit Phil is

no version of flex would beat phil from 2011 - 2015

none

08 phil before his prime vs the "perfect" 93 flex

lose the nostalgia

E
E

Flexacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #483 on: March 04, 2020, 04:49:13 PM »
no version of flex would beat phil from 2011 - 2015

none

08 phil before his prime vs the "perfect" 93 flex

lose the nostalgia

E

Who cares if heath can beat him on a bodybuilding stage. Heath still looks like shit.

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
  • Go back to making jewelry and cakes with your girl
« Reply #484 on: March 04, 2020, 05:47:41 PM »

Bevo

• Getbig V
  • Middle Urinal at Buc-ee’s
« Reply #485 on: March 04, 2020, 06:27:34 PM »
Who cares if heath can beat him on a bodybuilding stage. Heath still looks like shit.

Who’s the one with no lower right leg, many complications, and shitty tatts??

Flexacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #486 on: March 04, 2020, 06:43:02 PM »
Who’s the one with no lower right leg, many complications, and shitty tatts??

Who looks pregnant, but can't seem to get a woman pregnant?

Bevo

• Getbig V
« Reply #487 on: March 04, 2020, 06:46:58 PM »
Who looks pregnant, but can't seem to get a woman pregnant?

I’d rather be this description

Btw, hi flex “one leg” wheeler

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #488 on: March 04, 2020, 06:50:06 PM »

;D

paul just bitter about getting LevrOWNED 8)

E
E

Flexacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #489 on: March 04, 2020, 07:10:59 PM »
I’d rather be this description

Btw, hi flex “one leg” wheeler

You're a dunce either way. My original response was to a question referring to 93 Wheeler.

Bevo

• Getbig V
« Reply #490 on: March 04, 2020, 07:18:09 PM »
You're a dunce either way. My original response was to a question referring to 93 Wheeler.

Meltdown

As said before wheeler had a 5 year career as a pro, 93-98, handful good showings here and there but highly overrated

Dexter > flex

Phil > flex

Kevin > flex

Dorian > flex

Cormier > flex

Ray > flex

Branch > flex

Flexacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #491 on: March 04, 2020, 07:35:53 PM »
Meltdown

As said before wheeler had a 5 year career as a pro, 93-98, handful good showings here and there but highly overrated

Branch > flex

I'd rather have 1 leg if looking like Branch was the other option

Bevo

• Getbig V
« Reply #492 on: March 05, 2020, 12:15:22 AM »
I'd rather have 1 leg if looking like Branch was the other option

Would you rather look like tbombz, facially as well or branch?

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #493 on: March 05, 2020, 12:36:50 AM »

Swipe .........These photos were taken July 2019 😥😢💔.

_____

In a attempt to save my right leg. A stent was put in my right peck that goes all the way down to my right leg.
Unfortunately the day after the emergency surgery the stent irrupted. Within seconds my right peck, shoulder and neck was full of Blood🩸 to the point were my neck was so swollen that I was losing consciousness due to not being able to breathe. My amazing doctors had to go in and do a emergency surgery to stop the blood loss. But due to me being on intravenous heparin ,
They had to wait 24 hours to make sure I wouldn’t bleed out. So I laid there screaming and hallucinating going in and out of consciousness.

Due to the nerve damage and neuropathy. I lost full usage of my right peck, shoulder all the way down to my fingers.

( evidently blood and nerve endings/internal tissue don’t get along too well )

_____

I had to learn how to do EVERYTHING!!
I mean EVERYTHING ( FEEL ME ) Even write with my left hand.
I’ve gained about 20% of my right peck, arm and hand back so far...

It is such a shame when shit like this happens. I wonder if it isn't worse for folks who have spent a lifetime trying to be fi, muscular or healthy. People who've always looked unhealthy don't visually have a much to lose.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #494 on: March 05, 2020, 12:39:13 AM »
When you spend your entire life bodybuilding, and you’re still misspelling a bodybuilding term. Sad! It’s not surprising that he blew $80K on a sound system for his Excursion. He could really use that kind of cash nowadays, huh? I just can’t muster up any sympathy for this guy. Every training segment I’ve seen of his, he trained lazily and always flashed his material possessions. Not a fan of this woe is me shit.

Did he ask you for a loan or for your sympathy?

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #495 on: March 05, 2020, 12:46:19 AM »

I wonder if he means a "bypass" that goes from pec to leg?
Stents are usually placed in a section of artery containing a severe blockage/narrowing. Sometimes, they'll place several stents end-to-end to cover a more diffuse area of up to several inches.

Sounds like Flex had a bypass running the length of his torso to deliver blood from (I'm guessing) his axillary/subclavian artery to his leg. Bypass grafts are used in more severe cases to essentially "detour" blood around a problematic area that isn't allowing flow to get through.

I'm not sure what he means by "irrupted." Never heard of anything like that happening to any type of vascular implant, but it's quite possible the graft quickly shut down, which would explain the leg amputation.

I wondered about the stint being so long too. Not being a medical professional or otherwise having knowledge of these matters, I assumed he knew what he was talking about. It is also possible that you are right and he misunderstood his doctor. Could a bypass have burst or tore causing server internal hemorrhaging? Whatever happened, the poor guy was left in pretty bad shape. Must be tough.

Montague

• Getbig V
  • The black degelation does not know this nig - V.G.
« Reply #496 on: March 05, 2020, 02:00:57 AM »
I wondered about the stint being so long too. Not being a medical professional or otherwise having knowledge of these matters, I assumed he knew what he was talking about. It is also possible that you are right and he misunderstood his doctor. Could a bypass have burst or tore causing server internal hemorrhaging? Whatever happened, the poor guy was left in pretty bad shape. Must be tough.

Oftentimes, patients have a whole bunch of information thrown at them at once and/or they have a complex medical history - both instances easily lead to facts being blurred and incorrectly regurgitated.

His post references a vascular surgical implant running from his pec to his leg. There is no arterial stent that would accomplish this; it would have to be a bypass graft. Google ax-fem bypass to see example diagrams.
The only reason to do this procedure is because the leg isn’t receiving adequate blood supply to survive, so they direct/import blood from a healthy part of the body’s vascular system with graft material.

Montague

• Getbig V
  • The black degelation does not know this nig - V.G.
« Reply #497 on: March 05, 2020, 02:04:22 AM »
Here.
Axillo-femoral bypass:

^^ The most basic type.

Beyond that, I'm not sure what else was going on with Flex. Sounds like he had/has multiple health issues.

m8

• Getbig V
« Reply #498 on: March 05, 2020, 02:50:41 AM »
Lol at his left teardrop. What a dope. He probably would’ve look just fine without the oil and a little extra overall mass

Doesn't look too ridiculous here

deadz

• Getbig V
  • Liberals..Dumbest People on the Planet! MAGA
« Reply #499 on: March 05, 2020, 11:31:34 AM »

Swipe .........These photos were taken July 2019 😥😢💔.

_____

In a attempt to save my right leg. A stent was put in my right peck that goes all the way down to my right leg.
Unfortunately the day after the emergency surgery the stent irrupted. Within seconds my right peck, shoulder and neck was full of Blood🩸 to the point were my neck was so swollen that I was losing consciousness due to not being able to breathe. My amazing doctors had to go in and do a emergency surgery to stop the blood loss. But due to me being on intravenous heparin ,
They had to wait 24 hours to make sure I wouldn’t bleed out. So I laid there screaming and hallucinating going in and out of consciousness.

Due to the nerve damage and neuropathy. I lost full usage of my right peck, shoulder all the way down to my fingers.

( evidently blood and nerve endings/internal tissue don’t get along too well )

_____

I had to learn how to do EVERYTHING!!
I mean EVERYTHING ( FEEL ME ) Even write with my left hand.
I’ve gained about 20% of my right peck, arm and hand back so far...
LOL another BB statistic.
T