Author Topic: New Watchmen-series  (Read 10971 times)

Kwon

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
New Watchmen-series
« on: October 21, 2019, 01:09:02 PM »
I usually like black comedy but,

it was a bit too black and woke for my taste.

VERSUS

Q

Megalodon

• Getbig V
Re: New Watchmen-series
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2019, 01:31:40 PM »
Let me guess. The one with the sheriff badge(Star of David) is good and the masked people in front of the slanted Crucifix are bad.

If anyone is paying even as much as one penny through HBO to watch this, they are funding the enemy and part of the problem.

IroNat

• Getbig V
  • The only constant in life is change. – Heraclitus
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2019, 01:38:23 PM »
The one in black is a woman who is married to a man and transitioning to become a man so that she/he will be gay.  Unknown to her, her husband is transitioning to be a female and currently has a secret gay lover but will post-op be a hetero female.

Currently her and her husband (soon to be hetero lover) are in a polyamorous love triangle with a bi-sexual woman who is hotter than Dutch love.

Peeps is crazy.

Kwon

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2019, 01:39:32 PM »
Let me guess. The one with the sheriff badge(Star of David) is good and the masked people in front of the slanted Crucifix are bad.

If anyone is paying even as much as one penny through HBO to watch this, they are funding the enemy and part of the problem.

You got it :D
Q

Megalodon

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2019, 01:59:27 PM »
It's only coincidental that Yellow and Star symbolism is associated with righteousness. Who is responsible for this?

"Damon Lindelof celebrated his Bar Mitzvah in Teaneck, where he attended synagogue for the Sabbath; he has stated, "I was a Jewish white kid growing up in Teaneck, but

at the same time, I had African and Filipino and Asian friends and to have that experience all through high school while getting an awesome education was
    wonderful

Lindelof frequently collaborates with a tightly knit group of mostly Jewish film professionals which include J.J. Abrams, Adam Horowitz, Alex Kurtzman, Roberto Orci, Edward Kitsis,
    Andre Nemec, Josh Appelbaum, Jeff Pinkner, and Bryan Burk."

(Thank goodness he had "African, Filipino, and Asian" friends to offset the horrors of white children.)

BB

• Getbig V
  • I hope I'm not boring you.
« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2019, 05:51:41 PM »
Didn't care for it, almost didn't finish.

Way too woke and social justicey, really heavy handed with it. Also the writing and pacing isn't that good, very poddling, and unenjoyable.

Sadly, I don't think HBO will be great again for a while. All the shows that were and are great were developed under Albrecht and Michael Lombardo, and he left in 2016. There are only so many Lombardo ideas left to pick through.

SOMEPARTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2019, 11:22:59 AM »
People that hated the movie should love this.  ::)

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2019, 11:35:16 AM »

Way too woke and social justicey, really heavy handed with it. Also the writing and pacing isn't that good, very poddling, and unenjoyable.

Sadly, I don't think HBO will be great again for a while. All the shows that were and are great were developed under Albrecht and Michael Lombardo, and he left in 2016. There are only so many Lombardo ideas left to pick through.

Nothing like this then?

Pray_4_War

• Getbig V
  • Thot Expert
« Reply #8 on: October 22, 2019, 11:36:45 AM »
Black Woman good, white man bad.

Kwon

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #9 on: October 22, 2019, 11:45:36 AM »
Q

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #10 on: October 22, 2019, 12:54:46 PM »
 ::)
F

Dokey111

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: October 22, 2019, 12:56:12 PM »

Hulkotron

• Getbig V
  • I ate an entire box of popsicles the day prior
« Reply #12 on: October 24, 2019, 07:24:02 AM »
Hulkotron watched the first episode on HBO Now (no homo), wasn't impressed.  It wasn't bad but nothing remarkable either.  Will give episode 2 a chance and probably bail unless it starts getting rave reviews from Getbig.

Kwon

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #13 on: October 24, 2019, 07:48:37 AM »
Hulkotron watched the first episode on HBO Now (no homo), wasn't impressed.  It wasn't bad but nothing remarkable either.  Will give episode 2 a chance and probably bail unless it starts getting rave reviews from Getbig.

Hulkotron won't get any rave reviews from me regarding this series!
Q

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #14 on: October 24, 2019, 04:38:46 PM »

Name too sogyny.  I would have accepted Watchpeople, Watchpersons, or WatchZirs.

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #15 on: October 24, 2019, 09:09:15 PM »

JAGO

• Getbig IV
  • Biden/Harris 2020
« Reply #16 on: October 24, 2019, 10:10:19 PM »

Pray_4_War

• Getbig V
  • Thot Expert
« Reply #17 on: October 25, 2019, 12:27:17 AM »
Name too sogyny.  I would have accepted Watchpeople, Watchpersons, or WatchZirs.

How about Wokemen?

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #18 on: October 25, 2019, 12:50:47 AM »
Beats mine!  ;D

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #19 on: October 29, 2019, 01:49:51 PM »
I’ve never read the graphic novel or watched the movie but was the story always about blacks being attacked by whites and an out of shape black woman that seems to not feel pain and is strong than men three times her size?

SuperTed

• Getbig V
  • Rebirth
« Reply #20 on: October 30, 2019, 06:33:47 AM »
They really are ramping it up with the woke shit recently. I don't even waste my time with any film/show nowadays as I know it'll be full of blatant leftist political messages. Of course, it's all very calculated and contrived.  

The show was created by a member of "God's chosen people" so there shouldn't be any surprise that white Christians are portrayed as villains.  

Kwon

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #21 on: October 30, 2019, 07:29:52 AM »
I’ve never read the graphic novel or watched the movie but was the story always about blacks being attacked by whites and an out of shape black woman that seems to not feel pain and is strong than men three times her size?

It has NOTHING to do with the source material/graphic novel.
Q

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #22 on: October 30, 2019, 01:03:49 PM »
It has NOTHING to do with the source material/graphic novel.

Why make this series then? Who’s sitting around saying there aren’t enough out of shape black female heroes on TV.

Kwon

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #23 on: October 30, 2019, 06:15:06 PM »
Why make this series then? Who’s sitting around saying there aren’t enough out of shape black female heroes on TV.

The woke liberals want to taint as many franchises they can, they tried with Ghostbusters, Ocean's etc etc

Q

Pray_4_War

• Getbig V
  • Thot Expert
« Reply #24 on: October 31, 2019, 05:37:35 AM »
The woke liberals want to taint as many franchises they can, they tried with Ghostbusters, Ocean's etc etc

Facts.  Hollywood has always been leftist propaganda....now it's just turned up to full blast.