Author Topic: Google secretly collecting your health data.  (Read 2564 times)

Purge_WTF

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
Re: Google secretly collecting your health data.
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2019, 05:14:13 AM »
Trump can’t fuck with them. They can make all internet searches for Trump disappear.  They can make all searches for Trump come up with Elizabeth Warren.  They can manipulate the election far worst than Facebook ever could.

Pray_4_War

• Getbig V
  • Thot Expert
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2019, 01:27:06 PM »
I don't understand how this could be considered legal.  Neither doctors, nor patients were notified and given the choice to opt-out.

Fuck Google.

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2019, 02:37:27 PM »
I don't understand how this could be considered legal.  Neither doctors, nor patients were notified and given the choice to opt-out.

Fuck Google.
.    legalieeze
A

MarkyStevo

• Getbig II
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2019, 11:13:27 AM »
I don't think that orange man will do anything! Haha.

dan18

• Getbig V
  • I DID WHAT I DID BECAUSE I DO WHAT I WANT.
« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2019, 11:31:56 AM »
I don't think that orange man will do anything! Haha.
Date Registered:  August 12, 2019, 01:15:52 AM
Last Active:  Today at 11:20:09 AM

fool lurker
p

Coffeed

• Getbig IV
  • Athletes representative for Grifted Nutrition.
« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2019, 11:46:47 AM »
Everyone says fuck Google, but is anyone using Lycos?

Pray_4_War

• Getbig V
  • Thot Expert
« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2019, 06:47:32 PM »
Everyone says fuck Google, but is anyone using Lycos?

There is nothing you can really do to hurt Google, but I did stop using them as my search engine.

The Scott

• Getbig V
  • I'm a victim of soicumcision!!
« Reply #8 on: November 15, 2019, 06:48:07 PM »
There is nothing you can really do to hurt Google, but I did stop using them as my search engine.

Yup. Well done.

jr

• Getbig V
  • No homo of peace
« Reply #9 on: November 15, 2019, 09:37:03 PM »

Has anyone else noticed that google search has gone to shit lately.

If you search for something niche, like for example bodybuilding related: dbol kick in time, the search results are all commercial web sites with useless info. Before, the results would return bodybuilding and steroid forums and blogs. I remember many years ago you could make google only search on discussion forums, but then they removed that feature. But even so, the search results would still have forums in it. Now hardly any search results have forums, unless you add extra search terms to try guide google to give more results from forums. It's like google is trying to kill forums once and for good.

It seems google doesn't want you to get information and opinions from random individuals on the internet, only from commercial companies.

I've been trying duckduckgo search engine recently, it's search results are more like how google used to be, and they don't collect your data.

Pray_4_War

• Getbig V
  • Thot Expert
« Reply #10 on: November 15, 2019, 10:14:33 PM »

If you search for something niche, like for example bodybuilding related: dbol kick in time, the search results are all commercial web sites with useless info. Before, the results would return bodybuilding and steroid forums and blogs. I remember many years ago you could make google only search on discussion forums, but then they removed that feature. But even so, the search results would still have forums in it. Now hardly any search results have forums, unless you add extra search terms to try guide google to give more results from forums. It's like google is trying to kill forums once and for good.

It seems google doesn't want you to get information and opinions from random individuals on the internet, only from commercial companies.

I've been trying duckduckgo search engine recently, it's search results are more like how google used to be, and they don't collect your data.

Truly protecting your own privacy is an illusion but I'm using duckduckgo for now.  I hope that eventually the law catches up to these giant tech companies and they get put in check.

DooM_

• Getbig III
« Reply #11 on: November 15, 2019, 11:48:28 PM »

yes , have noticed that too

pellius

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith Jones aka OnlyMe/NoWorries. 1/10/2011
« Reply #12 on: November 16, 2019, 01:33:14 AM »

You're right in a sense. Stop using their search engine but that is just one part of Google. Do you have an android phone? If not, then you have Apple which I'm not sure is any better. Unless you're a Luddite you're are in some ways part of either the Google or Apple ecosystem.

Amazon, Google, Apple... it's like they're the Borg. "Resistance is futile."

FitnessFrenzy

• Getbig V
  • evolving
« Reply #13 on: November 16, 2019, 03:34:29 AM »
BUT Google posts a veritable plethora of libtards on its "Talks at Google" YouTube channel. So they must be a good corporation?

Google are vile scum, like Basile would say. They have a de facto monopoly for search online and they have shitty to non existing customer service. Shitty company that should be broken up into smaller units.

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #14 on: November 16, 2019, 12:35:02 PM »
Goggle is dangerous. They manipulate your searches concerning politics. They are trying to guide the masses.

If they are collecting health data you can bet it's so they know who to advertise to.  Need a shoulder operation and you will find advertisements for orthopedic surgeons.  Have high blood pressure? You will see ads for blood pressure medication.

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: November 16, 2019, 01:02:51 PM »

All of Alphabet (the umbrella corporation for Google and Youtube) is doing this.  Youtube now puts (trusted news sources ::)) like CNN at the top of their searches to keep searchers from seeing conservative voices.  If you search Mark Dice you won't get any of his videos until several pages into the search.  Alphabet is a publicly traded company so it should be treated like any other utility company or it should be broken up.

Pray_4_War

• Getbig V
  • Thot Expert
« Reply #16 on: November 16, 2019, 03:26:57 PM »
Goggle is dangerous. They manipulate your searches concerning politics. They are trying to guide the masses.

If they are collecting health data you can bet it's so they know who to advertise to.  Need a shoulder operation and you will find advertisements for orthopedic surgeons.  Have high blood pressure? You will see ads for blood pressure medication.

They feel entitled to do that.  They feel that it's their responsibility to curate and control information.  If they can influence an election and help someone win (or keep someone from winning) they think that is perfectly acceptable because in their sick minds........it's for our own good.  Kind of like how entrenched diplomats think that they should be the ones making policy instead of Donald Trump who was elected by the people.

Hypertrophy

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: November 16, 2019, 03:29:22 PM »

Google is now the propaganda, media and spy  arm of the Democratic party. Trump merely interrupted their complete integration into the federal government.

SOMEPARTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: November 16, 2019, 04:28:07 PM »
Secretly? Does anybody really think anything is private? Google and Amzn cloud host like 80% of the world's information.

rocket

• Getbig V
  • Not a champion
« Reply #19 on: November 16, 2019, 05:40:48 PM »
Good.

I hope they can do something with it.

There is huge potential in data to find new ways to keep people alive for longer. 

Purge_WTF

« Reply #20 on: November 17, 2019, 08:41:43 AM »
 And Amazon is looking to break into the healthcare industry:

https://www.fool.com/investing/2019/09/25/its-official-amazon-has-getting-into-healthcare.aspx

Anyone who sees this and doesn't feel a tad concerned should probably check their pulse.