Author Topic: Shooting at NJ high school football game 11-15-2019  (Read 1553 times)

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Shooting at NJ high school football game 11-15-2019
« on: November 15, 2019, 11:00:13 PM »
Shooting at Pleasantville N.J. high school football game injures 2, one a child

At least two people were hurt when shots were fired during a high school football playoff game in Pleasantville Friday night between Pleasantville High School and Camden High School, authorities said.

A young boy and an adult male were wounded in the 8:30 p.m. shooting, Atlantic County Prosecutor Damon Tyner said at an 11 p.m. press conference.

The child was flown to the Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia for treatment and the adult was taken to Atlanticare Regional Medical Center in Atlantic City, Tyner said. He said he did not know if their injuries were life-threatening but did call them “serious.”

No arrests had been made, Tyner said.

The game was suspended following the shooting, which occurred on the Pleasantville side of the field during the third quarter. Camden was leading 6-0.

Agents from the New Jersey office of the federal Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms (ATF) said in a 9:30 p.m. tweet that they were responding to scene.

Neal Loch, a retired Pleasantville Fire Department battalion chief, told NJ Advance Media he helped drive the child to the hospital.

“Once I heard the shots and everyone started running...I started running the other way, because I knew what it was, there were too many people and someone had to get hit,” Loch said.

“Pop, pop, pop. At least have a dozen shots in Pleasantville bleachers,” NJ Advance Media sports reporter Kevin Minnick, who was covering the game, tweeted after hearing the gunfire.

“With approximately five minutes left in the third quarter, I heard multiple gunshots coming from the Pleasantville bleachers. At that point, everyone was just screaming to get down,” Minnick said moments later.

“Fans scrambled, and there was a lot of screaming. I’ve been doing this for better than 30 years and this is the first time I’ve experienced something like this first hand,” he said.

EMTs were seen attending to people in the Pleasantville bleachers and two ambulances were seen driving off the field. Referees dropped to the turf until the gunshots stopped.

“This was the most well-attended high school football game for this school in years, so there are many witnesses to the incident that are currently being interviewed,” Tyner said. "This is a tragic situation, to say the least, on the heels of what just happened in Santa Clarita, California. It has hit home here in Pleasantville New Jersey and it is very disturbing to say the least.”

Pleasantville athletic director Stephen Townsend, clearly distraught by the incident, said: “I have no comment. I’m just disappointed."

Camden Schools said in a tweet and later statement: “We are able to confirm that no Camden High students were injured or otherwise harmed during the incident.”

“All we can do as coaches is make sure our kids are safe,” Camden High School football coach Dwayne Savage told NJ Advance Media. “I have parents calling me, asking if their son is safe. We just wanted to make sure our kids were safe and worry about the details later.”

A Pleasantville football player, Keon Henry told NJ Advance Media he heard the shots, which he first thought were “firecrackers” and then fled from the field to nearby houses to try to get somewhere safe.

“All the coaches were telling us ‘get down’ but we didn’t want to get down, we wanted to get somewhere safe,” Henry said.

Henry said he knows that shootings happen in the area but he “never thought it would happen at a high school football game.”

“I’m still shocked,” he said.

https://www.nj.com/news/2019/11/shots-fired-at-nj-high-school-football-game-witness-says.html?utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=njcom_sf&utm_source=facebook&utm_content=nj_facebook_njcom&fbclid=IwAR0v9EJFMByn-raMV5KxrGMfsesboTBhozQ0Oa2cekhp5CShOiWEZBw6mjU

Powerlift66

• Getbig V
Re: Shooting at NJ high school football game 11-15-2019
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2019, 12:48:59 AM »
Another strict, gun-free zone.

Fortress

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2019, 03:05:47 PM »
Ban the pigskin!

BB

• Getbig V
  • I hope I'm not boring you.
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2019, 03:22:35 PM »
And they're caught, and will hopefully be doing football numbers for prison sentences -

https://www.inquirer.com/news/new-jersey/pleasantville-camden-schools-shooting-football-game-20191116.html .

Taffin

• Getbig V
  • Training out my gay penor...
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2019, 04:46:22 PM »
And they're caught, and will hopefully be doing football numbers for prison sentences -

https://www.inquirer.com/news/new-jersey/pleasantville-camden-schools-shooting-football-game-20191116.html .

"Alvin Wyatt, 31, of Atlantic City, was tackled in the end zone while trying to flee the stadium"

Wonder if he was trying to touch his gun down..?

T

IroNat

• Getbig V
  • The only constant in life is change. – Heraclitus
« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2019, 04:37:45 AM »
Pleasantville is a great name. Sounds like a utopia and once it probably was nice.  Right next to Atlantic City

However, both are now poor, crime ridden places with high black populations.

Camden and AC are both dumps.

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2020, 03:57:55 PM »
Man indicted on charges he fired gun at N.J. high school football game, killing 10-year-old

A man who fired into a crowd at a high school football playoff game in November - killing a 10-year-old boy - was indicted Tuesday on five criminal counts, the Atlantic County Prosecutor’s Office said.

A grand jury indicted Alvin Wyatt on a count of murder, two counts of attempted murder, and two weapons charges, according to a statement from Prosecutor Damon Tyner.

Wyatt, 31, was charged along with five other men after the Nov. 15 shooting that interrupted the third quarter of a playoff game Pleasantville High School was hosting against Camden High School.

Micah Tennant, whose family called him “Dew," was wounded and died a few days later. Prosecutors believe Wyatt fired the shots that hit Tennant, but was targeting Ibn Abdullah, 27.

Abdullah, who was also charged, and an unnamed juvenile who was later treated and released, were also wounded in the gunfire.

Four others charged in the shooting - Tyrell Dorn, 29; Michael Mack, 27; Vance Golden, 26; and Shahid Dixon, 27 - were in a BMW leaving the game when a gun was thrown from the car, court records alleged.

After police pulled them over, Dorn told them he threw the gun, a court affidavit says. He later denied the gun was his. The four men were all charged with weapons offenses.

Dixon told cops he made a Facetime call to Wyatt, telling him Abdullah was at the game. Dixon also told Wyatt where Abdullah was sitting.

The Philadelphia Eagles later hosted the remainder of the Pleasantville-Camden game at Lincoln Financial Field. And in December, the Camden County Sheriff honored a Camden player who shielded a young girl from gunfire.

https://www.nj.com/atlantic/2020/02/man-indicted-on-charges-he-fired-gun-at-nj-high-school-football-game-killing-10-year-old.html?utm_source=facebook&utm_campaign=njcom_sf&utm_medium=social&utm_content=nj_facebook_njcom&fbclid=IwAR19UrOd-lveGPBY2R6BHEta_kPy_YmE214TmXs8hJz3NQnrVZnMfQiLMMQ