Author Topic: Trump violated Impoundment Control act ( 1974) with Ukraine aid  (Read 10942 times)

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
Re: Trump violated Impoundment Control act ( 1974) with Ukraine aid
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2019, 09:24:43 AM »
From what I’ve read, he doesn’t have to get it approved. He just has to inform them. Big difference.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2019, 09:31:15 AM »
https://budget.house.gov/publications/report/impoundment-control-act-1974-what-it-why-does-it-matter

In simple terms , the President may not block , delay or reduce  congressionally approved aid.
If he wishes to do so, he must go back to congress and get it approved. He didn't.

Gee - wonder if Biden did that considering he bragged on tape about it. 

Another giant swing and a miss by a mentally ill TDS inflicted nutcase

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2019, 09:33:15 AM »
Even if we humor dumbass and assume he's right......that's a high crime worthy or removal from office?
Y

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2019, 09:56:07 AM »
Even if we humor dumbass and assume he's right......that's a high crime worthy or removal from office?

To the TDS afflicted, using the wrong fork at dinner is an impeachable offense.

SOMEPARTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2019, 12:31:06 PM »
Does that apply to the VP acting under direction of POTUS or just the POTUS?

;D

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2019, 12:35:27 PM »
Shit up Howard. Your spiel is getting old. You’re almost worse that Strawman and 240

SOMEPARTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2019, 12:45:19 PM »
Ok, but did Trump violate the Impoundment act or not?

Q: Did they get the aid?
A: Yes

Q: Is this another Howard TDS thread?
Q: Yes

SOMEPARTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: November 27, 2019, 12:53:30 PM »
I'm sure with the army of lawyers digging that if there was a case where this was a unique issue(the delay) then it would have been introduced into the impeachment hearings.

I mean, gotta spell out common sense things here or what?

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #9 on: November 27, 2019, 02:03:06 PM »
Ok, but did Trump violate the Impoundment act or not?

I’m not claiming expertise on this but from what I’ve read my answer is no.

This is from your link. He doesn’t need approval. So, your premise is a fail:

“ The ICA requires that the President send a special message to Congress identifying the amount of the proposed deferral; the reasons for it; and the period of the proposed deferral. Upon transmission of such special message, the funds may be deferred without further action by Congress; however, the deferral cannot extend beyond the end of the fiscal year in which the special message is sent.”

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #10 on: November 27, 2019, 02:21:16 PM »
Unfortunately, I occasionally get subjected to MSNBC. The narrative I’m seeing  from them is that the problem is the American people have not been properly briefed on how serious this whole Ukraine deal really is.

No, the problem is that we don’t buy the bullshit narrative the Dems and their media water carriers are peddling obsessively.

JustPlaneJane

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: November 27, 2019, 02:31:13 PM »
Another Howard suck, fail thread.

Total retard

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #12 on: November 27, 2019, 03:50:39 PM »
I might end up being wrong but right now I am standing by my prediction that this never goes to the Senate.

JustPlaneJane

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: November 27, 2019, 04:04:49 PM »
President Donald Trump resign?

Why would the greatest President in the history of the United States resign because liberals know they have no prayer against him in an election?

Apparently liberal stupidity is infinite.

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #14 on: November 27, 2019, 04:15:03 PM »
😂😂😂😂

Multiple Women Recall Sexual Misconduct and Retaliation by Gordon Sondland

https://www.propublica.org/article/multiple-women-recall-sexual-misconduct-and-retaliation-by-gordon-sondland

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #15 on: November 27, 2019, 04:42:55 PM »
Ok, so you're saying Trump won't be impeached by the full house?
If so I disagree .

I say the House votes to Censure. They don’t want this to go to the Senate and hand the ball off the Republicans who are going to put Schiff, Biden and the Whistle blower on the stand.

SOMEPARTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: November 27, 2019, 04:47:54 PM »
I guess the joke I made about Trump tearing the do not remove tags off his hotel pillows wasn't far off for TDS impeachment grounds.

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #17 on: November 27, 2019, 04:54:21 PM »
I say the House votes to Censure. They don’t want this to go to the Senate and hand the ball off the Republicans who are going to put Schiff, Biden and the Whistle blower on the stand.

In addition a number of House Democrats from redder areas know they're done next election if they vote to impeach without hard, factual evidence.  One recently flipped.

Like we've said, every witness at the inquiry failed to produce anything other than heresay and assumptions.  Even the dumbest democrat has to know that won't sway 20 Republicans in the Senate, so they know they're in deep shit.
Y

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: November 27, 2019, 05:47:01 PM »
From what I’ve read, he doesn’t have to get it approved. He just has to inform them. Big difference.

Let's say you're right. Did he imform them? Was it in a timely manner?

obsidian

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: November 28, 2019, 02:00:39 AM »
The real question is, are the current charges sufficient grounds to convict and remove Trump from office?
To be fair, , that's still an open question and up for debate.
Obviously, this impeachment inquiry and likely senate trial will adhere to a party line vote.

1. I've long suspected Trump will resign before the impeachment trial is concluded.
He'll fake some medical condition, claim he was sabotaged and head for the exits blaming everyone but him.
Obviously, you can easily counter this by saying, I'm talking out my ass with this "resignation conspiracy".
The logical , scientific side of me would agree, but this is politics and dealing with humans, so , wtf.

2. If it goes to the senate , it's still unlikely that 20 GOP senators would vote to convict him with every dem.
Trump would be exonerated and then :
a. He's damaged goods and the GOP support will drop due to an obvious biased vote to keep him in office. He will lose in 2020.
b. He gets a ground swell of good will /comeback kid support and parlays that to victory in 2020.
c. The majority don't think he should have been removed anyway and don't care about the impeachment trial.
   The election goes back to core issues like health care and the dems win a close race in 2020.
You're on crack Coward. Look around you. Western civilization is slowly collapsing and along comes a guy like Trump to stop it and you are against it?! I know you are a cuck but come on!

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #20 on: November 28, 2019, 02:24:37 AM »
Let's say you're right. Did he imform them? Was it in a timely manner?

So, we’re going to move the goalposts yet again? Sorry, this is the definition of a nothing burger. There is no spin that makes this an impeachable offense. It just makes TDS victims outraged for the billionth time.

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/opinion/op-eds/the-1974-law-that-makes-this-impeachment-especially-dubious

Second, even if one were to make the case that a “special message” was due to comply with section 684 because of a deferral within the fiscal year, the appropriate course of action in the absence of such a message is for Congress to invoke section 686, not to impeach the president. Section 686 states that if the comptroller general, who is part of the legislative branch, finds “that the President has failed to transmit the special message,” he shall “make a report” and send it to Congress and that report “shall be considered a special message transmitted under section 683 or 684.” The reason why the comptroller general did not send such a report is a question for him, not for the president.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #21 on: November 28, 2019, 09:56:12 AM »
Q.Did he delay the aid to Ukraine?
A. Yes

Q. Is delaying a violation of the impoundment act?
A. Yes

Please read the act and understand the issue before you make an inaccurate comment.
Thanks.

It was delayed because Zelenski was just elected President and seeing how the country is listed as the third most corrupt country in the world Trump wanted to see if Zelenski was legit in the sense he ran on wiping out corruption (much like Trump is doing here). After he saw Zelenski was a legit President that’s when he released aid.

Howard didn’t seem to realize that’s it’s Trumps obligation to do this. Why in the fuck would he release money without finding out first if it would be used to fund corruption instead of aid?

Remember, your savior prior to Trump only provided blankets and MRE’s to protect themselves from Russia. The fuck are you getting your info from?

SOMEPARTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: November 28, 2019, 06:04:26 PM »
It would be really nice if the upcoming report on Russia/Ukraine election meddling and profiteering would implicate the former administration in giving Crimea away to Russia in exchange for splitting the rest of Ukraine amongst themselves....but that story is too big to print as they say.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: November 30, 2019, 11:04:19 AM »
It would be really nice if the upcoming report on Russia/Ukraine election meddling and profiteering would implicate the former administration in giving Crimea away to Russia in exchange for splitting the rest of Ukraine amongst themselves....but that story is too big to print as they say.

Who are 'they'?

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #24 on: November 30, 2019, 01:34:42 PM »
At least you're arguing the point on the merits and facts of the case.
I don't think the evidence and testimony backs your side, but we'll see as it goes forward.
FYI< Obama isn't my savior. I voted for him in 2008 but voted for Romney in 2012.
In fact, I don't worship any individual political leader.

You don’t think it backs it because you don’t take the time to look at the facts. This was determined long ago. I don’t worship anyone I can see when someone’s getting fucked over.