Author Topic: Cooking Food with Fire to be banned.  (Read 2966 times)

cart@@n

• Getbig IV
Cooking Food with Fire to be banned.
« on: December 13, 2019, 07:56:01 AM »
“Restaurants specializing in international foods so prized in the Bay Area will be unable to prepare many of their specialties without natural gas,” the association said. “Many of these restaurants rely on gas for cooking particular types of food, whether it be flame-seared meats, charred vegetables, or the use of intense heat from a flame under a wok.”

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2019-11-21/restaurants-warn-gas-bans-threaten-seared-steak-charred-veggies

Start @ 21:33.

IroNat

• Getbig V
  • "Woke is a cult." - Joe Rogan
Re: Cooking Food with Fire to be banned.
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2019, 09:26:51 AM »
Insanity!

dan18

• Getbig V
  • I DID WHAT I DID BECAUSE I DO WHAT I WANT.
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2019, 09:29:01 AM »
Is their a natural gas shortage
p

IroNat

• Getbig V
  • "Woke is a cult." - Joe Rogan
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2019, 09:31:39 AM »
Is their a natural gas shortage

No, we have so much nat gas we are selling it to other countries.

These are climate change loons who want this.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2019, 10:59:55 AM »

Maybe they are. Don't some methods of making electricity increase the carbon footprint? 30% of electricity is produced by burning coal. In 2018, emissions of carbon dioxide (CO2) by the U.S. electric power sector were 1,763 million metric tons (MMmt), or about 33% of total U.S. energy-related CO2 emissions of 5,269 (MMmt).Oct 25, 2019.

Carbon dioxide (CO2) makes up the vast majority of greenhouse gas emissions from the sector, but smaller amounts of methane (CH4) and nitrous oxide (N2O) are also emitted. These gases are released during the combustion of fossil fuels, such as coal, oil, and natural gas, to produce electricity.Sep 13, 2019

All electric homes make sense though if the electricity is produced using solar panels. Some new construction techniques make homes so energy efficient that the owners can actually sell the excess electricity to the power companies. Imagine not having any utility bills. It would save me between $200 and $300 a month during the winter and somewhat less during the summer.

hardgainerj

• Getbig V

IRON CROSS

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2019, 11:40:55 AM »

People kills for wood owen pizza !.

dan18

• Getbig V
  • I DID WHAT I DID BECAUSE I DO WHAT I WANT.
« Reply #7 on: December 13, 2019, 11:42:07 AM »
Maybe they are. Don't some methods of making electricity increase the carbon footprint? 30% of electricity is produced by burning coal. In 2018, emissions of carbon dioxide (CO2) by the U.S. electric power sector were 1,763 million metric tons (MMmt), or about 33% of total U.S. energy-related CO2 emissions of 5,269 (MMmt).Oct 25, 2019.

Carbon dioxide (CO2) makes up the vast majority of greenhouse gas emissions from the sector, but smaller amounts of methane (CH4) and nitrous oxide (N2O) are also emitted. These gases are released during the combustion of fossil fuels, such as coal, oil, and natural gas, to produce electricity.Sep 13, 2019

All electric homes make sense though if the electricity is produced using solar panels. Some new construction techniques make homes so energy efficient that the owners can actually sell the excess electricity to the power companies. Imagine not having any utility bills. It would save me between $200 and $300 a month during the winter and somewhat less during the summer.

Sad part is and call it what you want climate change global warming lets be honest the climate has changed but even if we shut down all factories and used all electric cars all that and it would take hundreds if not thousands of years to fix what weve done
p

SOMEPARTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: December 13, 2019, 12:59:52 PM »
Soylent Green coming soon.

Moontrane

• Getbig V
  • a Harris administration, together with Joe Biden
« Reply #9 on: December 13, 2019, 01:17:36 PM »
This will force customers to drive to other cities to get the food they want, increasing greenhouse gas emissions.

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #10 on: December 13, 2019, 01:20:23 PM »
Good move. Killing two birds with one stone:

1) Save the environment

2) Reduce red meat consumption, which is linked to heart disease and cancer.
X

Moontrane

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: December 13, 2019, 01:20:59 PM »

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: December 13, 2019, 01:22:20 PM »
Sad part is and call it what you want climate change global warming lets be honest the climate has changed but even if we shut down all factories and used all electric cars all that and it would take hundreds if not thousands of years to fix what weve done

So, are you saying whatever we do, it's going to be too little too late? I am all for making our environment healthier by doing whatever we can that is reasonable and practical to accomplish this goal. The bottom line is almost all people reject change, specially when it takes work or affects their daily comfort level. Reasonable changes, no matter that they are likely less effective are more apt to be accepted by a larger number of people and therefore will up the success rate overall.

Throughout the most history of this planet, climate has changed with no help from mankind. While I am not saying we should just ignore climate change and continue tp do whatever we've always done, which is pollute our environment, I am saying lets be real about it. All the doom and gloom being thrown at us by science and the media isn't going to accomplish much. It might make folks just give up, thinking why bother worrying about what we can't fix.

Have you seen the recent photos of Sydney? It has visually disappeared under the cloud of smoke created by bush fires. If this continues long enough, people will die. It's awful. Do we know for certain whether the brush fires were caused by manmade climate change? I'm guessing not. Note: There are photos which better depict the poor air quality in Sydney I might have posted, but they didn't have an attractive woman in the foreground to give folks something more pleasant to look at than just the smoke.

Is that Vince B with his camera up in the left hand corner of this photo of Bondi Beach? I can't tell for sure.  :)

SOMEPARTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: December 13, 2019, 01:24:07 PM »
So, are you saying whatever we do, it's going to be too little too late? I am all for making our environment healthier by doing whatever we can that is reasonable and practical to accomplish this goal. The bottom line is almost all people reject change, specially when it takes work or affects their daily comfort level. Reasonable changes, no matter that they are likely less effective are more apt to be accepted by a larger number of people and therefore will up the success rate overall.

Throughout the most history of this planet, climate has changed with no help from mankind. While I am not saying we should just ignore climate change and continue tp do whatever we've always done, which is pollute our environment, I am saying lets be real about it. All the doom and gloom being thrown at us by science and the media isn't going to accomplish much. It might make folks just give up, thinking why bother worrying about what we can't fix.

Have you seen the recent photos of Sydney? It has visually disappeared under the cloud of smoke created by brush fires. If this continues long enough, people will die. It's awful. Do we know for certain whether the brush fires were caused by manmade climate change? I'm guessing not. Note: There are photos which better depict the poor air quality in Sydney I might have posted, but they didn't have an attractive woman in the foreground to give folks something more pleasant to look at than just the smoke.

BAN BRUSH !!!

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #14 on: December 13, 2019, 02:56:43 PM »
This climate change is complete bull shit. Obama just bought beach front property. Gore is on chartered personal jets all the time and lives in a house that dwarfs the common man's house. Yes, he uses curly light bulbs. I remember they compared George Bush 43 house to Gore's and they found Bush's house was way more environment friendly in so many ways.

The melting and freezing of the polar regions releases C02  more than any carbon emission. Even if you believed we are doomed just because Google pushes this bull shit on their searches to page one how come liberals only care about what the US?  No mention of the real polluters India, Indonesia and China. Those countries are known to dump garbage in the ocean.  The US is does more for regulation of pollution than any other super power country. Don't compare us to minor countries but major ones.

Yes, we have hurricanes, tornadoes,  severe winters, hot summers and plenty of rain. Guess what? 400 years go they had the same. We can't predict the weather next next week but we know it's worse than 400 years ago?  That is nonsense.  No, the majority of scientists don't agree it's a problem.  That survey mailed to "scientists" is proof of nothing in the numbers liberals cite. That  Greta Thunberg  won Time person of year. She joins a long list of outrageous choices by Time. Did you know her people flew on a jet across the Atlantic the Captain of the sail boat she uses to cross the Atlantic to pilot the boat?

Liberals want to get rid of coal, oil, gas and nuclear energy but have no explanation how to generate the needed power. Eliminate just coal alone and the price of electricity will go through the roof. New nuclear power plants have been slowed to a crawl because of regulation during the Obama era. There isn't enough clean burning gas to meet our power needs if that becomes the primary source of fuel.

IRON CROSS

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: December 13, 2019, 03:39:46 PM »

Have you seen the recent photos of Sydney? It has visually disappeared under the cloud of smoke created by bush fires. If this continues long enough, people will die. It's awful. Do we know for certain whether the brush fires were caused by manmade climate change? I'm guessing not. Note: There are photos which better depict the poor air quality in Sydney I might have posted, but they didn't have an attractive woman in the foreground to give folks something more pleasant to look at than just the smoke.

Silly old fart !.

Bush fire is a natural cycle in Australia & is happening for 100 000's of years. Aussie nature, grass,soil,bush,trees is different than North American or European. This is not 'caused by man made climate change' , if some jerk starts bush fire that's another story.
People will die  ::), stop talking trash.

If you want see 1000's of tits & pussy wearing G-string (tongs) only, visit Bondi beach,Coogi beach & other Sydney's beaches.

US TV is too conservative to screen those images.

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: December 13, 2019, 03:45:31 PM »
Good move. Killing two birds with one stone:

1) Save the environment

2) Reduce red meat consumption, which is linked to heart disease and cancer.
3) reduce manliness and sanity

Moontrane

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: December 13, 2019, 04:21:30 PM »

All-electric homes make sense when there’s a reliable and carbon-neutral back up for when
the sun doesn’t blow (:D) and the wind doesn’t shine (;D): nuclear. 

Germany phukked itself when they abandoned their nuke plants.  Although they are the most
“successful” at renewables among first-world nations, the renewables only work because they
are heavily subsidized.  As a consequence, they pay 2-3 times as much per Kw-Hour as we do
in the U.S.  Implement that here and mandate all-electric homes, and we would regress to a
1940’s/1950’s world, in which running clothes dryers, AC, heating, etc. would be a luxury only
the rich could afford.

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: December 13, 2019, 04:26:46 PM »

All-electric homes make sense when there’s a reliable and carbon-neutral back up for when
the sun doesn’t blow (:D) and the wind doesn’t shine (;D): nuclear. 

Germany phukked itself when they abandoned their nuke plants.  Although they are the most
“successful” at renewables among first-world nations, the renewables only work because they
are heavily subsidized.  As a consequence, they pay 2-3 times as much per Kw-Hour as we do
in the U.S.  Implement that here and mandate all-electric homes, and we would regress to a
1940’s/1950’s world, in which running clothes dryers, AC, heating, etc. would be a luxury only
the rich could afford.
France went 70% nuke and has some of the lowest cost electric in the world.

Tedim

• Getbig V
  • "Ну GetBig, ну погоди"
« Reply #19 on: December 13, 2019, 05:17:57 PM »
San Fran can eat the homeless...oven baked

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #20 on: December 13, 2019, 08:02:03 PM »

You hear occasional stories of people getting checks from the power company but on the whole most of us are going to have a utility bill no matter what. In the long term the power company will find a way to get paid and take your surplus power without paying you for it, and whatever math you did on the number of years before you break even on the cost of a solar grid installation will not apply once they move the goalposts.

Reducing consumption to the point where batteries can supply you and saying goodbye to the power company is the only way to be sure of your break even calculation. Although I've heard tell of people who aren't hooked up having to pay because the supply runs past their house, the argument being that the infrastructure is in place for their benefit.

Desolate

• Getbig V
  • I dream of Gods
« Reply #21 on: December 13, 2019, 09:33:06 PM »
This climate change is complete bull shit. Obama just bought beach front property. Gore is on chartered personal jets all the time and lives in a house that dwarfs the common man's house. Yes, he uses curly light bulbs. I remember they compared George Bush 43 house to Gore's and they found Bush's house was way more environment friendly in so many ways.

The melting and freezing of the polar regions releases C02  more than any carbon emission. Even if you believed we are doomed just because Google pushes this bull shit on their searches to page one how come liberals only care about what the US?  No mention of the real polluters India, Indonesia and China. Those countries are known to dump garbage in the ocean.  The US is does more for regulation of pollution than any other super power country. Don't compare us to minor countries but major ones.

Yes, we have hurricanes, tornadoes,  severe winters, hot summers and plenty of rain. Guess what? 400 years go they had the same. We can't predict the weather next next week but we know it's worse than 400 years ago?  That is nonsense.  No, the majority of scientists don't agree it's a problem.  That survey mailed to "scientists" is proof of nothing in the numbers liberals cite. That  Greta Thunberg  won Time person of year. She joins a long list of outrageous choices by Time. Did you know her people flew on a jet across the Atlantic the Captain of the sail boat she uses to cross the Atlantic to pilot the boat?

Liberals want to get rid of coal, oil, gas and nuclear energy but have no explanation how to generate the needed power. Eliminate just coal alone and the price of electricity will go through the roof. New nuclear power plants have been slowed to a crawl because of regulation during the Obama era. There isn't enough clean burning gas to meet our power needs if that becomes the primary source of fuel.

This. ^

100%.

I can't believe people still believe this fake crap.

Morons.

Desolate

• Getbig V
  • I dream of Gods
« Reply #22 on: December 13, 2019, 09:36:56 PM »
Perfect example is this pathetic fat fucking load. ::)

ELEVEN YEARS AGO TODAY.

On December 13, 2008, junk scientist Al Gore predicted the North Polar Ice Cap would be completely ice free in five years.

Gore made the prediction to a German audience on December 13, 2008. Al warned them that “the entire North ‘polarized’ cap will disappear in 5 years.”

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2019/12/11-years-ago-today-junk-scientist-al-gore-predicted-north-pole-would-be-completely-ice-free-in-five-years/

Megalodon

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: December 13, 2019, 09:40:07 PM »
Frankenstein spoke on this years ago. :D

Powerlift66

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: December 14, 2019, 03:44:55 AM »
Yup, wont do a thing, people will drive elsewhere for what they want to eat. (Gas, emissions, money spent elsewhere). Not saving any planet/environment.
Just becoming more stupid by the day really.