Author Topic: 70s Bodybuilder was taking up to 10 gr of PED PER DAY !?  (Read 4578 times)

affeman

• Getbig V
  • Rusty Trombone looks like an abortion in a thong
70s Bodybuilder was taking up to 10 gr of PED PER DAY !?
« on: December 15, 2019, 01:53:15 AM »
@04:40

BS or true? Is gh15 still around here? ???

joswift

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
Re: 70s Bodybuilder was taking up to 10 gr of PED PER DAY !?
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2019, 03:33:28 AM »
Strydom was 229 onstage at the 88 Olympia, no where near the claimed 285 in the video

Powerlift66

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2019, 03:51:32 AM »
Where Pete had quad-bypass and almost died for you bitches, we know he was using lots of gear. 10 grams?
Only Pete knows...

joswift

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2019, 03:53:38 AM »
Where Pete had quad-bypass and almost died for you bitches, we know he was using lots of gear. 10 grams?
Only Pete knows...

he used a lot of D-bol, multiple grams of oral d-bol would have destroyed his liver and kidneys....and not eating much and using hige dosages wouldnt really do that much, you cant make something out of nothing..

IroNat

• Getbig V
  • "Woke is a cult." - Joe Rogan
« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2019, 03:56:59 AM »
Grymko tells it like it was.

BB

• Getbig V
  • I hope I'm not boring you.
« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2019, 05:00:33 AM »
I remember one of the old steroid books, I want to say Dr Robert Kerr's book, has an anecdote or 2 about guys doing huge cycles -

Edit -

" Sometimes on the road to winning the athlete will be tempted to use anything and everything in order to reach his or her goals. Sixteen years ago, with no real medical guidance, the power lifters and particularly body builders, took literally "anything and everything" that they felt might give them some gains. At a popular southland weight training center some 15 or 16 years ago, the "usual" dose of anabolic steroids recommended to the novice, not by the gym management, but by other body builders was 100 Dianabol tablets, 100 Anavar tablets and perhaps 40 or 50 Anadrol tablets per day!

Can you imagine that? I'll bet that somewhere today someone is still taking similar amounts of medication with no more gains, I'll wager, than those on sensible doses. I spoke once to a world class competitor who admitted to me that he once felt it necessary to take 1500 Dianabol tablets each day! Even with Dianabol at $5.00 a hundred in those days, that's ridiculous just from the price alone, forgetting the expected side-effects from this dose.

One current patient of mine confided in me that he had once found an old medical text of his grandfather's a few years ago in the garage. In that old physician's journal it mentioned the good effects of strychnine on muscle tissue. The grandson did not read that the text said smooth muscle, not skeletal muscle. He probably would not have recognized the difference in any regard, but a great difference there is. Up until twelve or so years ago, strychnine was sold for various medicinal remedies, impotency was one. My patient thought he had fallen into a long forgotten secret from the past and somehow purchased some strychnine tablets and started taking one a day. One of his work-out partners somehow was let in on the supposed secret, and as he wanted to be even bigger than his partner, he took two tablets a day. Another acquaintance discovered the plot and as he wished to be bigger than the other two, he took ten tablets a day! He apparently soon became quite ill and the causative agent was brought to light. The boy lived but all concerned learned a lesson through the Emergency Room physician about strychnine poisoning.

I admire the courage of the one lad in confiding to me his nearly serious error, but, as you can see, some people will do almost anything to reach their goals! "

------------------

" This last year I received the routine laboratory reports back from one of my old patients. He had stated that he was feeling fine and was preparing for a contest, but the liver tests were grossly abnormal. The lab, after seeing the results, ran a test for viral hepatitis and this was read as normal. So, I asked the patient to come in and see me. I read from his chart that he was taking four Anavar tablets per day and 100 mg. of Deca-Durabolin each week. I told him that I couldn't really imagine how that dose could cause the liver picture present on the lab test.

I told him that I thought that he was taking much more than that dosage. He confessed that while training for the contest, he had been unable to train as often as he would have liked due to his job. He was taking fourteen Dianabol and fourteen Maxibolin tablets with Deca-Durabolin and testosterone cypionate in rather large doses intramuscularly each day. No wonder his liver reacted!

After halting all the medication for one week, the liver tests returned to normal. They remained normal after he later returned to the Anavar and Deca-Durabolin dosage. He learned a lesson don't fool with mother nature by using too many steroidal drugs. "

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2019, 07:41:37 AM »
what happened to the 40's and 50's and 60's mass monsters.
F

oldschoolfan

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: December 15, 2019, 08:24:42 AM »
@04:40

BS or true? Is gh15 still around here? ???

pure bullshit

tres_taco_combo

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: December 15, 2019, 11:15:10 AM »
Strydom was 229 onstage at the 88 Olympia, no where near the claimed 285 in the video

10/10

michael arvilla

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • facebook.com/michael.arvilla
« Reply #9 on: December 15, 2019, 11:28:38 AM »
“1970’s” mass monsters = Sergio ...,Lou and Arnold...”1980’s”= Vic Richards.... Lee Haney Tim Belknap “”1990’s = Yates ...Dillett... this kid does not know his bodybuilding history! (Just stick to regurgitating what you take from bodybuilders social media and don’t give us your opinion )

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #10 on: December 15, 2019, 12:21:05 PM »
I remember one of the old steroid books, I want to say Dr Robert Kerr's book, has an antidote or 2 about guys doing huge cycles -

Edit -

" Sometimes on the road to winning the athlete will be tempted to use anything and everything in order to reach his or her goals. Sixteen years ago, with no real medical guidance, the power lifters and particularly body builders, took literally "anything and everything" that they felt might give them some gains. At a popular southland weight training center some 15 or 16 years ago, the "usual" dose of anabolic steroids recommended to the novice, not by the gym management, but by other body builders was 100 Dianabol tablets, 100 Anavar tablets and perhaps 40 or 50 Anadrol tablets per day!

Can you imagine that? I'll bet that somewhere today someone is still taking similar amounts of medication with no more gains, I'll wager, than those on sensible doses. I spoke once to a world class competitor who admitted to me that he once felt it necessary to take 1500 Dianabol tablets each day! Even with Dianabol at $5.00 a hundred in those days, that's ridiculous just from the price alone, forgetting the expected side-effects from this dose.

One current patient of mine confided in me that he had once found an old medical text of his grandfather's a few years ago in the garage. In that old physician's journal it mentioned the good effects of strychnine on muscle tissue. The grandson did not read that the text said smooth muscle, not skeletal muscle. He probably would not have recognized the difference in any regard, but a great difference there is. Up until twelve or so years ago, strychnine was sold for various medicinal remedies, impotency was one. My patient thought he had fallen into a long forgotten secret from the past and somehow purchased some strychnine tablets and started taking one a day. One of his work-out partners somehow was let in on the supposed secret, and as he wanted to be even bigger than his partner, he took two tablets a day. Another acquaintance discovered the plot and as he wished to be bigger than the other two, he took ten tablets a day! He apparently soon became quite ill and the causative agent was brought to light. The boy lived but all concerned learned a lesson through the Emergency Room physician about strychnine poisoning.

I admire the courage of the one lad in confiding to me his nearly serious error, but, as you can see, some people will do almost anything to reach their goals! "

------------------

" This last year I received the routine laboratory reports back from one of my old patients. He had stated that he was feeling fine and was preparing for a contest, but the liver tests were grossly abnormal. The lab, after seeing the results, ran a test for viral hepatitis and this was read as normal. So, I asked the patient to come in and see me. I read from his chart that he was taking four Anavar tablets per day and 100 mg. of Deca-Durabolin each week. I told him that I couldn't really imagine how that dose could cause the liver picture present on the lab test.

I told him that I thought that he was taking much more than that dosage. He confessed that while training for the contest, he had been unable to train as often as he would have liked due to his job. He was taking fourteen Dianabol and fourteen Maxibolin tablets with Deca-Durabolin and testosterone cypionate in rather large doses intramuscularly each day. No wonder his liver reacted!

After halting all the medication for one week, the liver tests returned to normal. They remained normal after he later returned to the Anavar and Deca-Durabolin dosage. He learned a lesson don't fool with mother nature by using too many steroidal drugs. "

Taking 50 Anadrol-50 pills a day would kill you very quickly. Back in the 70's and early 80's it was considered the most powerful oral ever made. This is when the stuff was picked up in a pharmacy with a doctor's script. The market is now filled with counterfeit crap that is no where near the potency of the original product. Never heard of any guy taking more than three  day and that was considered insane. The Dianabol of the past picked up in the pharmacy was also strong. I hear guys popping them today like candy and getting little benefit. It's just crap made in someone's garage or in China with counterfeit containers, boxes and inserts. Some legendary bodybuilders only used dianabol to give you of an idea how effective it was. Never understood how someone could inject something they bought from the trunk of a car in a gym parking lot. Just insanity. Guys are shooting up tren and having trouble breathing coughing up a storm but they don't see the connection. A couple of guys came down with lung cancer. Is there a connection?

affeman

• Getbig V
  • Rusty Trombone looks like an abortion in a thong
« Reply #11 on: December 15, 2019, 12:40:50 PM »
Guys are shooting up tren and having trouble breathing coughing up a storm but they don't see the connection. A couple of guys came down with lung cancer. Is there a connection?

Most of the Tren on the black market these days is made out of the Finaplix cattle implants (dissolved in oil with alcohol). I guess it's not the most healthy stuff a human could put into his system.

Da Freak

• Getbig IV
  • Get BIG! Or DIE trying!
« Reply #12 on: December 15, 2019, 01:31:02 PM »
Most of the Tren on the black market these days is made out of the Finaplix cattle implants (dissolved in oil with alcohol). I guess it's not the most healthy stuff a human could put into his system.

made for some good reading researching that.

BB

• Getbig V
  • I hope I'm not boring you.
« Reply #13 on: December 15, 2019, 03:01:13 PM »
Just out of curiosity, I went and dug up a 1979 Physician's Desk Reference, which is what most guys would've been handed if they asked for steroid information at the library years ago. Most of the old steroid stacks you see in old bodybuilding books are usually just the high dose recommendations from the PDR cobbled together based on what drugs were handy at the time.  

When a drug wasn't listed well, the info was taken from early 80's editions, also stuff like Trenbolone and Equipoise aren't list as they are / were considered vet drugs first and foremost back then.

PDR 1979 Steroid Dosage Recs -

Anadrol 50 -

Dosage and Administration: The recommended daily dose in children and adults, 1-5 mg./kg. body weight per day. The usual effective dose is 1-2 mg./kg./day but higher doses may be required and the dose should be individualized. Response is not often immediate and a minimum trial of three to six months should be given. Following remission, some patients may be maintained without the drug; others may be maintained on an established lower daily dosage. A continued maintenance dose is usually necessary in patients with congenital aplastic anemia.

Availability: Anadrol-50 (oxymetholone) is available in bottles of 100 white scored tablets imprinted with the code "2902" and "Syntex".

-------------

Deca Durabolin -

Deca-Durabolin (nandrolone decanoate injection N.F.) is intended for deep intramuscular injection into the gluteal muscle preferably. For general anabolic effects in adults, the average dosage recommended is 50 to 100 mg. every 3 to 4 weeks. For children from two to thirteen years of age, the average dose is 25 to 50 mg. every three to four weeks. Higher doses may be required for the treat- ment of severe disease states such as metastatic breast cancer, refractory anemias, etc. The recommended dose is 100 to 200 mg. weekly based on therapeutic response, and consideration of the benefit-to-risk ratio.

--------------------------

DURABOLIN -

Durabolin (nandrolone phenpropionate injection, N.F.) is intended for deep intramuscular injection into the gluteal muscle preferably. For general anabolic effects in adults the recommended dose is 25 to 50 mg. weekly For children from two to thirteen years of age the recommended dose is 12.5 to 25 mg. every two to four weeks. Higher doses may be required for the treatment of severe disease states such as metastatic breast cancer, refractory anemias, etc. The recommended dose is 50 to 100 mg. weekly based on therapeutic response and consideration of the benefit-to-risk ratio. Duration of therapy will depend on the response of the condition and the appearance of adverse reactions. If possible, therapy should be intermittent.

--------------------------

Halotestin -

Fluoxymesterone - Dosages 2.5 - 30 mg a day depending on condition.

-----------------------------

Dianabol (Methandrostenolone) * -

Dosage and Administration: Dianabol therapy is adjunctive to and not a replacement for conventional therapy. Duration of therapy will depend on the response of the condition and the appearance of adverse reactions. Therapy should be intermittent and no longer than necessary for optimal results. The usual initial adult dosage is 5 mg daily. For maintenance, 2.5 to 5 mg daily is usually sufficient.

Intermittent therapy is recommended when Dianabol is administered over long periods. For example, after six weeks of treat- ment, there should be an interval of two to four weeks before resuming therapy.

(* This edition of the PDR is unkind to Dianabol. It gives a warning about it not helping with athletic performance, it also give the impression that it's fallen out of favor. )

---------------------------

Anavar / Oxandrlone - Not listed, except for name and sizes available. Other editions give a recommendation of 2.5 - 20mg given 2-4x a day depending on need.

-----------------------------------

DELATESTRYL " B / Testosterone Enanthate Injection -

When properly given, injections of Delatestryl are well tolerated. Care should be taken to inject the preparation deeply into the gluteal muscle following the usual precautions for intramuscular administration. In general, total doses above 400 mg. per month are not required because of the prolonged action of the preparation. Injections more frequently than every two weeks are rarely indicated.

---------------------------

ANDROID / Methyltestosterone -

10 - 40mg depending on need in men.

80 - 200mg depending on need in women.

( note for those wondering the female dose was for treatment of depression on the lower end, Cancer on the upper.)

---------------------------------

Masteron/ DROLBAN / Dromostanolone Propionate -

It is recommended that 100 mg of Drolban® (dromostanolone propionate, Lilly) be administered by intramuscular injection three times weekly. Treatment probably should be continued as long as satisfactory results are obtained.

------------------------------------

TESTOSTERONE CYPIONATE, Etc.... -

No dosages given. ( *Later, dosage recommendations average between 100 - 200mg / week across all the different testosterones, some larger doses of 200 - 300mg / wk are recommended for breast cancer and severe hypogonadism.)

-------------------------------

Winstrol / Stanozolol Tablets -

The suggested initial dosage for adults is 1 tablet (2 mg) three times daily just before or with meals. Although considerably smaller doses have produced a response in some patients, consistently better results have been obtained with a daily dose of 6 mg. Higher doses have been employed in patients with bone marrow damage and patients on corticosteroid therapy.

OlympiaGym

• Getbig IV
  • they/them/their
« Reply #14 on: December 15, 2019, 04:16:00 PM »

WRONG!

Nobody does this anymore.

OlympiaGym

• Getbig IV
  • they/them/their
« Reply #15 on: December 15, 2019, 04:17:42 PM »
Taking 50 Anadrol-50 pills a day would kill you very quickly. Back in the 70's and early 80's it was considered the most powerful oral ever made. This is when the stuff was picked up in a pharmacy with a doctor's script. The market is now filled with counterfeit crap that is no where near the potency of the original product. Never heard of any guy taking more than three  day and that was considered insane. The Dianabol of the past picked up in the pharmacy was also strong. I hear guys popping them today like candy and getting little benefit. It's just crap made in someone's garage or in China with counterfeit containers, boxes and inserts. Some legendary bodybuilders only used dianabol to give you of an idea how effective it was. Never understood how someone could inject something they bought from the trunk of a car in a gym parking lot. Just insanity. Guys are shooting up tren and having trouble breathing coughing up a storm but they don't see the connection. A couple of guys came down with lung cancer. Is there a connection?

Why do you always feel compelled to write long posts on gear when you know nothing about it? What mental disorder causes this?

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: December 15, 2019, 06:45:37 PM »
Why do you always feel compelled to write long posts on gear when you know nothing about it? What mental disorder causes this?

He knows something about it. I was on doctor prescribed D-bol (5 mg a day) with great success within a very short time period.

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #17 on: December 15, 2019, 06:52:53 PM »

Fuck you.

The Scott

• Getbig V
  • I'm a victim of soicumcision!!
« Reply #18 on: December 15, 2019, 06:55:25 PM »

I was around in the 70s. I also had a friend that took 3 Anadrol a day and one day at the gym he said he was concerned that his urine was really "cloudy".

So he stopped taking it and the "cloudiness" cleared up and all his gains did too.  The effects of the drugs on one's musculature are very temporary.  Screw it up and the side-effects may well be permanent.

People get hooked on being big and strong and if it took drugs to get them there then they get hooked on the drugs.  Simple.  Now that's a mental disorder.

Betcha already knew that, huh?  ;D

OlympiaGym

• Getbig IV
  • they/them/their
« Reply #19 on: December 16, 2019, 03:50:48 AM »
Fuck you.

That’s pretty tough talk coming from an old Mexican.

OlympiaGym

• Getbig IV
  • they/them/their
« Reply #20 on: December 16, 2019, 03:55:03 AM »
I was around in the 70s. I also had a friend that took 3 Anadrol a day and one day at the gym he said he was concerned that his urine was really "cloudy".

So he stopped taking it and the "cloudiness" cleared up and all his gains did too.  The effects of the drugs on one's musculature are very temporary.  Screw it up and the side-effects may well be permanent.

People get hooked on being big and strong and if it took drugs to get them there then they get hooked on the drugs.  Simple.  Now that's a mental disorder.

Was this “friend” a Pudgy Stockton fan as well?

The Scott

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: December 16, 2019, 04:11:14 AM »
Was this “friend” a Pudgy Stockton fan as well?

Nope.  They were not.  Too young to even know who she was as were the majority of people back then.  In general, you have to be much older to know of her.  Back then there was no "internet". 

Again, I bet you already knew that.  Huh?  ;D

ESFitness

• Getbig V
  • i win.
« Reply #22 on: December 16, 2019, 04:45:32 PM »

Hey dipshit, you realize the recommended dose for an 80lb CHILD with anemia (i.e. *poor health*) is 300-450mg/day for a *minimum* of 6-9months.

... And here we have idiots like you parroting 🦜shit they overheard from a "friend" (more like what you read somewhere, because you fucks never actually have "friends", much less anybody talking to you IRL) about how a healthy adult 200-250lb bodybuilder will suffer liver failure from 150mg anadrol for 6wks.

Try opening a book before you open your mouth someday

ESFitness

• Getbig V
  • i win.
« Reply #23 on: December 16, 2019, 04:57:16 PM »

"These days"??? Maybe if you typed that in 1999. Within 6months of getting out of prison in 2011 Finaplix was almost impossible to get, and if you could find it, instead of paying $44 for a 2g cart, they were in the $200+ range.

90% comes from China now. (The test comes from a handful of other countries)

The Scott

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: December 16, 2019, 05:28:26 PM »
Hey dipshit, you realize the recommended dose for an 80lb CHILD with anemia (i.e. *poor health*) is 300-450mg/day for a *minimum* of 6-9months.

... And here we have idiots like you parroting 🦜shit they overheard from a "friend" (more like what you read somewhere, because you fucks never actually have "friends", much less anybody talking to you IRL) about how a healthy adult 200-250lb bodybuilder will suffer liver failure from 150mg anadrol for 6wks.

Try opening a book before you open your mouth someday

You reeeeeeeally want to go back to jail, don'tcha, ace?