Author Topic: Bad edema but low estradiol - confused at what to do?  (Read 3651 times)

NickEdge779

• Getbig III
Bad edema but low estradiol - confused at what to do?
« on: December 18, 2019, 08:00:10 AM »
So, I recently did my bloodwork because I am getting awful edema in my feet and ankles looks like my feet got stung by a bee so I’ve been trying to keep my feet up. I’m not exactly sure what could be causing it. I got my bloodwork done to see if it was from high estradiol but my estradiol came back at 7.0 which is just below the reference range, so it was considered low. So now I’m confused what is causing my water retention. My testosterone was >1500 as expected (on 500mg of test a week and 250mg deca a week). My progesterone was slightly high but that’s expected from deca. Could it be from high progesterone? I’m on caber. My ALT and AST were also a little high but they been high before and never had edema. I also recently ran out of blood pressure medication and my blood pressure has been higher than average because they messed up my refill at the pharmacy but I’m getting some more in today . Could it be related to high blood pressure? Any advice?

pkaz

• Getbig III
Re: Bad edema but low estradiol - confused at what to do?
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2019, 08:28:02 AM »
High sugar??

TheOne

• Getbig III
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2019, 02:38:49 PM »
Could be sodium retention.  Do you use salt in your diet? 

Tovarishch_Smert

• Getbig II
  • “A lie told often enough becomes truth.”
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2019, 05:53:10 PM »
So, I recently did my bloodwork because I am getting awful edema in my feet and ankles looks like my feet got stung by a bee so I’ve been trying to keep my feet up. I’m not exactly sure what could be causing it. I got my bloodwork done to see if it was from high estradiol but my estradiol came back at 7.0 which is just below the reference range, so it was considered low. So now I’m confused what is causing my water retention. My testosterone was >1500 as expected (on 500mg of test a week and 250mg deca a week). My progesterone was slightly high but that’s expected from deca. Could it be from high progesterone? I’m on caber. My ALT and AST were also a little high but they been high before and never had edema. I also recently ran out of blood pressure medication and my blood pressure has been higher than average because they messed up my refill at the pharmacy but I’m getting some more in today . Could it be related to high blood pressure? Any advice?

Uhhhh what exactly is you BP at rest?

I know some BP meds cause swollen ankles/feet, but you say you stopped them... so cant be certain its them.

Gear causes swelling in the feet/ankles as well and if you already had BP issues and stopped the BP meds, then perhaps the issue is a combo of both - stopping the BP meds and being on gear.

Be careful my friend.... if you are on gear and already had BP issues and your feet swole up after stopping the BP meds while on gear, then you might want to be monitoring your BP. Also, get back on the BP meds... stopping them cold turkey can cause issues aas well I belive.