Author Topic: Official 2020 Deadpool Thread  (Read 75118 times)

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Re: Official 2020 Deadpool Thread
« Reply #200 on: April 04, 2020, 01:14:00 PM »
The Flash Actor Logan Williams Dies Suddenly at Age 16

Teen actor Logan Williams who is known for his portrayal as the younger Barry Allen on The CW TV series The Flash has suddenly passed away. Williams was 16 years old. The report comes from Tri-City News based out of Coquitlam, British Columbia, Canada, where Williams' mother Marlyse spoke out about the death of her son, during which she said that she's "absolutely devastated."

“I am not able to hug my parents who lost their only grandchild,” Marlyse said. She added, “With his talent and gorgeous looks, Logan had the potential to be a huge star."

Williams also had a role on the popular The CW series Supernatural.

The Flash star Grant Gustin posted a tribute on his Instagram page after learning the news, penning a touching post for the actor who first appeared with him in the pilot as the younger version of the Scarlet Speedster.

“Just hearing the devastating news that Logan Williams has passed away suddenly,” Gustin wrote. “I was so impressed by not only Logan’s talent but his professionalism on set. My thoughts and prayers will be with him and his family during what is I’m sure an unimaginably difficult time for them. Please keep Logan and his family in your thoughts and prayers during what has been a strange and trying time for us all. Sending love to everyone.”

This story is developing and will be updated with more information.

https://comicbook.com/dc/2020/04/03/the-flash-actor-logan-williams-dies-suddenly-at-age-16/?fbclid=IwAR1HteUl5HgRnHU_A3ESCnHDUm3Aj26TKJZQ0CwxczETGv98auevS_2t8kI

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #201 on: April 05, 2020, 09:48:40 AM »
Famed NFL Kicker Tom Dempsey Dead From Coronavirus At 73

Tom Dempsey, a legendary NFL kicker who is best known for a spectacular game-winning field goal, died Saturday from complications from the coronavirus.

Dempsey, who was born without toes on his right foot and without fingers on his right hand, was able to excel as an NFL kicker with the help of specially-designed shoes.

As for the legendary kick, it went down in 1970.  Dempsey was the kicker for the New Orleans Saints when they played the Detroit Lions, and he shattered the field goal record by 7 yards, propelling it 63 yards. The record has since been matched by 5 kickers and it was shattered -- actually more like broken -- by Denver Bronco kicker Matt Prater in 2013, when he scored a field goal from 64 yards.

Dempsey also played for the Eagles, the Rams, the Oilers and the Bills during his 11-year career.

The Saints said, "The New Orleans Saints family is deeply saddened and heartbroken at this most difficult time. Tom's life spoke directly to the power of the human spirit and exemplified his resolute determination to not allow setbacks to impede following his dreams and aspirations." He exemplified the same fight and fortitude in recent years as he battled valiantly against illnesses but never wavered and kept his trademark sense of humor."

As for how Dempsey contracted the virus ... he was living in a New Orleans retirement home where 15 patients have died from the disease. Louisiana has really gone through it ... more than 12,400 confirmed cases. New Orleans, where many contracted the virus during Marti Gras, has had 153 deaths so far.

Dempsey grew up in CA and played football at Palomar College in SoCal. After calling it quits with the Saints, he became an oilfield salesman, and later became a high school football coach and a car dealership manager.

Dempsey had been battling dementia for years.

He's survived by his wife and 3 kids.

Dempsey was 73.

RIP

https://www.tmz.com/2020/04/05/famed-nfl-kicker-tom-dempsey-dies-from-coronavirus-at-73/?fbclid=IwAR1kWlY6CkaXbm-derTpUUvo9V2GETWyV5_4SvEy6zXQ8WTCe-G73XxM6FE

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #202 on: April 05, 2020, 11:35:58 AM »
RIP Tom.  Held that record a LONG time.

Desolate

• Getbig V
  • I dream of Gods
« Reply #203 on: April 05, 2020, 04:18:53 PM »
Get hit by a car and die, they'll say you died from Corona virus. ::)

Bet the virus had nothing to do with his death.

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #204 on: April 06, 2020, 02:10:22 PM »
Honor Blackman, Star of 'The Avengers' and 'Goldfinger,' Dies at 94

Honor Blackman, the beguiling British actress who portrayed the leather-clad Cathy Gale on TV's The Avengers and then Bond girl Pussy Galore in Goldfinger, has died. She was 94.

Blackman, who first won recognition for her performance as Elizabeth Taylor's friend in the MGM spy tale Conspirator (1949), died at her home in Lewes, Sussex, of natural causes unrelated to the coronavirus, her family told The Guardian.

"As well as being a much-adored mother and grandmother," her family said, "Honor was an actor of hugely prolific creative talent; with an extraordinary combination of beauty, brains and physical prowess, along with her unique voice and a dedicated work ethic, she achieved an unparalleled iconic status in the world of film and entertainment and with absolute commitment to her craft and total professionalism in all her endeavors she contributed to some of the great films and theater productions of our times."

The London native with the icy blue eyes also played a woman who believes that she has nothing to live for in A Night to Remember (1958), one of the retellings of the Titanic disaster. And five years later, she starred as the goddess Hera in Jason and the Argonauts (1963).

Considered a real-life goddess to her adoring fans, Blackman joined the British series The Avengers for its second season in 1962 as Mrs. Gale, a widowed anthropologist and black belt in judo who quite ably assists the bowler-wearing, umbrella-toting John Steed (Patrick Macnee) solve crimes. (Gale started out as a revamped version of another character, Doctor Keel, played by Ian Hendry, who had left the series).

With The Avengers soaring in the ratings and about to air on ABC in the U.S., Blackman in December 1963 announced that she was exiting after two seasons to star as Pussy Galore in Goldfinger (1964). She would effectively be replaced by Diana Rigg as Emma Peel.

"Everybody was quite startled when I decided to leave, especially since the program was about to go onto film and into color. It was a bombshell, I'm afraid, for everybody, that I was going, but I thought my decision was right and I still think it was right," she said in 2011.

"It was two years of a show every fortnight for the entire year. I used to stand up for hours and hours after rehearsals for clothes fittings as well as go to the gym for my judo. I also used to do an enormous amount of publicity for the series, as did Patrick. It was very, very tough going but great fun."

In her final Avengers episode, "Lobster Quadrille," Steed says to Gale, "You're going to be pussyfooting around on some beach," she recalled. "He worked that into the dialogue because everybody in Great Britain knew where I was going, so it was sort of an in-joke."

In Goldfinger, her henchwoman character, the leader of an all-woman flying-display team, trades sexy double entendres — and judo moves — with Agent 007 (Sean Connery):
Galore: "My name is Pussy Galore."
Bond: "I must be dreaming."

"She was a fascinating creature and the least predictable of all James Bond's conquests," Blackman once said. "All the others succumbed quickly, but not Pussy. In the [1959 Ian Fleming] book she was a lesbian.”

Her action roles led to the publishing of a 1966 book: Honor Blackman’s Book of Self-Defence.

Wrote one reader on the book's Amazon.com page: "She truly was an amazing woman well ahead of her time who not only was able to catch the eye of men with her stunning looks but also able to judo flip them across the room like a sack of potatoes!"

Honor Blackman was born in East London on Aug. 22, 1925, the daughter of a civil servant who taught her how to box. She attended the Guildhall School of Music and Drama and began acting in the West End.

In 1947, she made her motion picture debut with an uncredited role in Fame Is the Spur, starring Michael Redgrave.

Blackman often was cast as a demure young woman in such late 1940s films as Daughter of Darkness, Quartet and A Boy, A Girl and a Bike. In 1950, she appeared in So Long at the Fair with Dirk Bogarde and the following year performed opposite Roger Livesey and Richard Burton in Green Grow the Rushes.

She won notice in The Square Peg (1958) and A Matter of WHO (1961), with Terry-Thomas. Those performances led to her casting as the imperious Mrs. Gale.

Blackman followed Goldfinger with three films released in 1965: The Secret of My Success, a comedy with Shirley Jones and Stella Stevens; the drama Life at the Top (1965), also starring Laurence Harvey; and the tragic love story Moment to Moment.
In 1966, she starred in the West End production of Wait Until Dark.

Later, Blackman played in Richard Donner's Lola (1970), opposite Charles Bronson and Susan George; The Last Grenade (1970), in which she was the wife of Richard Attenborough's character; Fright (1971), a horror film with George yet again; and The Cat and the Canary, a 1978 version of the haunted-house amusement.

More recently, Blackman appeared in Bridget Jones's Diary (2001), Color Me Kubrick (2005), the noir thriller I, Anna (2012) and Cockneys vs. Zombies (2012).

For most of the 1990s, Blackman starred as Laura West in the long-running ITV sitcom The Upper Hand. The series was an adaptation of the ABC hit Who's the Boss? with Blackman playing the role originated by Katherine Helmond — the sexually active mother of an advertising exec who employs a male live-in housekeeper.

Blackman was married twice, the second time to actor Maurice Kaufmann. They appeared together in Fright and adopted two children, Lottie and Barnaby. Survivors also include her grandchildren Daisy, Oscar, Olive and Toby.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/movies/guy-dies-at-94/ar-BB12ehrT?ocid=spartandhp&pfr=1

AbrahamG

• Getbig V
  • Team Pfizer
« Reply #205 on: April 06, 2020, 06:17:02 PM »
Al Kaline - Detroit Tigers Legend

One of the great right fielders of all time Al Kaline passed away today at 85.

Covid-19 was not a factor.

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #206 on: April 06, 2020, 07:15:52 PM »
James Drury dead: The Virginian TV star and Western film actor dies aged 85

Western film and TV actor James Drury has died at the age of 85 of natural causes. He starred in The Virginian, which was one of the longest-running Westerns in television history.

James’ assistant, Karen Lindsey, confirmed the sad news of his death on Facebook.

The Hollywood actor also appeared in several Western movies, including Ten Who Dares in 1960 and Ride the High Country in 1962.

He rose to fame as the no-nonsense foreman of the Shiloh Ranch in The Virginian.

James also starred alongside Elvis Presley in the singer’s 1956 movie Love Me Tender and with Pat Boone in 1957's Bernardine.

The Virginian aired on NBC for nine seasons, from 1962 to 1971.

James and his co-star Doug McClure, who portrayed Trampas, were the only cast members to appear in all 249 episodes of the popular series.

The star’s character was only ever referred to as The Virginian and rode a white Appaloosa horse called Joe D.

The Virginian fought outlaws to protect his Wyoming territory in the series.

He was also seen rescuing people in the show, which was set in the 1890s.

James previously admitted that working on the series “was like doing a movie every week”.

Each episode was 90 minutes long, which created a busy production schedule.

“We had 79 minutes and 30 seconds worth of film, which was as long as a lot of feature films of the day.

"It was a very radical concept. I know Wagon Train went to a 90-minute format for one season, and there may have been other attempts.

“But no one has ever been successful with 90 minutes for a Western series except The Virginian.”

He continued: "It's a very difficult thing to do logistically, it's a lot of film to get through. You have to have good stories and good writers.

“It's easier to spot a bad script in an hour show than it is in a half-hour show.

“And it's a lot easier to spot a bad script in a 90-minute show than it is in an hour-long show."

James went on to play Texas Ranger captain Tom Price in the first three episodes of Walker, Texas Ranger in 1993 and had a cameo in TNT's 2000 movie adaptation of The Virginian, which starred Bill Pullman as the man with no name.

James’ third wife, Carl Ann, died in August. They were married for 40 years.

https://www.express.co.uk/celebrity-news/1265750/James-Drury-dead-death-the-Virginian-cause-of-death-news-latest?fbclid=IwAR0IDrMLfBAnXveqVqCCLvNmf1D7vdR7B5j-uzHIQdKm7dYUNaZnXUOXorA

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #207 on: April 06, 2020, 09:38:49 PM »
Forrest Compton, Twilight Zone and Edge of Night Actor, Dies at 94 of Coronavirus Complications

Forrest Compton, who appeared in The Twilight Zone and the classic daytime soap opera The Edge of Night, has died due to complications from a coronavirus infection. He was 94. According to the Shelter Island Reporter, Compton's died on Sunday, April 5th as was confirmed by close friends of the actor. Compton had retired from acting in 2002 after a multi-decade career.

Compton was born on September 15, 1925 in Reading, Pennsylvania and, after high school, served in the 103rd Infantry Division during World War II. After the war, he attended Swarthmore College where he began acting in school productions before going on to earn a Master of Fine arts from the Yale School of Drama where he became friends with Paul Newman.

"He was a great guy, charming, sharp, six months older than me," Compton told the Shelter Island Reporter in 2019 while reflecting on his career. "I remember Paul making salad dressing back then. Once the agents saw Paul and those blue eyes and his charm, he was on television a month later."

As for his own television career, Compton had wide variety of roles. He played Col. Edward Gray on Gomer Pyle: USMC, a character who regularly had harsh words for Sgt. Vince Carter (played by Frank Sutton) who had usually maltreated Jim Neighbors' Private Gomer Pyle. He later went onto play district attorney Mike Karr, the central character on the long-running soap opera The Edge of Night. He was the third actor to play the role, appearing on the series from 1970 until the series ended in 1984.

Compton's other television credits include The Twilight Zone, 77 Sunset Strip, My Three Sons, Mayberry RFD, Mannix, Hogan's Heroes, That Girl, Another World, Loving, One Life to Live, As the World Turns, and Ed. Compton also appeared in the 1991 film McBain which starred Christopher Walken.

Compton's The Edge of Night costar Sharon Gabet took to Facebook (via SoapHub) to remember the actor, calling him a "master professional."

"Woody,' as [Forrest] was affectionately known to all of us on The Edge of Night, was a master professional, hilarious, smart, kind and gentle,” Sharon Gabet (Raven) posted on Facebook. “I spoke with him a couple years ago on his birthday and he was active and happy in his retirement.

“Rest in peace, Woody, and give hugs and kisses to Larkin [Malloy; Sky], Lois [Kibbee; Geraldine], Dennis [Parker; Derek], Nick [Nicholson; executive producer], Joel [Crothers; Miles], Irving [Allen Lee; Calvin] and all the other EDGE alumni up there,” she wrote.

https://comicbook.com/tv-shows/2020/04/06/forrest-compton-twilight-zone-actor-dies-at-94-coronavirus/?fbclid=IwAR2zNsYde0BA3Wg1B5h4dd7YkrsEl5510t4QDF60drWTMV7pGjfdluuzVxo

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #208 on: April 07, 2020, 02:24:32 AM »
Honor Blackman, Star of 'The Avengers' and 'Goldfinger,' Dies at 94

Honor Blackman, the beguiling British actress who portrayed the leather-clad Cathy Gale on TV's The Avengers and then Bond girl Pussy Galore in Goldfinger, has died. She was 94.

Blackman, who first won recognition for her performance as Elizabeth Taylor's friend in the MGM spy tale Conspirator (1949), died at her home in Lewes, Sussex, of natural causes unrelated to the coronavirus, her family told The Guardian.

"As well as being a much-adored mother and grandmother," her family said, "Honor was an actor of hugely prolific creative talent; with an extraordinary combination of beauty, brains and physical prowess, along with her unique voice and a dedicated work ethic, she achieved an unparalleled iconic status in the world of film and entertainment and with absolute commitment to her craft and total professionalism in all her endeavors she contributed to some of the great films and theater productions of our times."

The London native with the icy blue eyes also played a woman who believes that she has nothing to live for in A Night to Remember (1958), one of the retellings of the Titanic disaster. And five years later, she starred as the goddess Hera in Jason and the Argonauts (1963).

Considered a real-life goddess to her adoring fans, Blackman joined the British series The Avengers for its second season in 1962 as Mrs. Gale, a widowed anthropologist and black belt in judo who quite ably assists the bowler-wearing, umbrella-toting John Steed (Patrick Macnee) solve crimes. (Gale started out as a revamped version of another character, Doctor Keel, played by Ian Hendry, who had left the series).

With The Avengers soaring in the ratings and about to air on ABC in the U.S., Blackman in December 1963 announced that she was exiting after two seasons to star as Pussy Galore in Goldfinger (1964). She would effectively be replaced by Diana Rigg as Emma Peel.

"Everybody was quite startled when I decided to leave, especially since the program was about to go onto film and into color. It was a bombshell, I'm afraid, for everybody, that I was going, but I thought my decision was right and I still think it was right," she said in 2011.

"It was two years of a show every fortnight for the entire year. I used to stand up for hours and hours after rehearsals for clothes fittings as well as go to the gym for my judo. I also used to do an enormous amount of publicity for the series, as did Patrick. It was very, very tough going but great fun."

In her final Avengers episode, "Lobster Quadrille," Steed says to Gale, "You're going to be pussyfooting around on some beach," she recalled. "He worked that into the dialogue because everybody in Great Britain knew where I was going, so it was sort of an in-joke."

In Goldfinger, her henchwoman character, the leader of an all-woman flying-display team, trades sexy double entendres — and judo moves — with Agent 007 (Sean Connery):
Galore: "My name is Pussy Galore."
Bond: "I must be dreaming."

"She was a fascinating creature and the least predictable of all James Bond's conquests," Blackman once said. "All the others succumbed quickly, but not Pussy. In the [1959 Ian Fleming] book she was a lesbian.”

Her action roles led to the publishing of a 1966 book: Honor Blackman’s Book of Self-Defence.

Wrote one reader on the book's Amazon.com page: "She truly was an amazing woman well ahead of her time who not only was able to catch the eye of men with her stunning looks but also able to judo flip them across the room like a sack of potatoes!"

Honor Blackman was born in East London on Aug. 22, 1925, the daughter of a civil servant who taught her how to box. She attended the Guildhall School of Music and Drama and began acting in the West End.

In 1947, she made her motion picture debut with an uncredited role in Fame Is the Spur, starring Michael Redgrave.

Blackman often was cast as a demure young woman in such late 1940s films as Daughter of Darkness, Quartet and A Boy, A Girl and a Bike. In 1950, she appeared in So Long at the Fair with Dirk Bogarde and the following year performed opposite Roger Livesey and Richard Burton in Green Grow the Rushes.

She won notice in The Square Peg (1958) and A Matter of WHO (1961), with Terry-Thomas. Those performances led to her casting as the imperious Mrs. Gale.

Blackman followed Goldfinger with three films released in 1965: The Secret of My Success, a comedy with Shirley Jones and Stella Stevens; the drama Life at the Top (1965), also starring Laurence Harvey; and the tragic love story Moment to Moment.
In 1966, she starred in the West End production of Wait Until Dark.

Later, Blackman played in Richard Donner's Lola (1970), opposite Charles Bronson and Susan George; The Last Grenade (1970), in which she was the wife of Richard Attenborough's character; Fright (1971), a horror film with George yet again; and The Cat and the Canary, a 1978 version of the haunted-house amusement.

More recently, Blackman appeared in Bridget Jones's Diary (2001), Color Me Kubrick (2005), the noir thriller I, Anna (2012) and Cockneys vs. Zombies (2012).

For most of the 1990s, Blackman starred as Laura West in the long-running ITV sitcom The Upper Hand. The series was an adaptation of the ABC hit Who's the Boss? with Blackman playing the role originated by Katherine Helmond — the sexually active mother of an advertising exec who employs a male live-in housekeeper.

Blackman was married twice, the second time to actor Maurice Kaufmann. They appeared together in Fright and adopted two children, Lottie and Barnaby. Survivors also include her grandchildren Daisy, Oscar, Olive and Toby.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/movies/guy-dies-at-94/ar-BB12ehrT?ocid=spartandhp&pfr=1
Pussy Galore is dead. :'(

Desolate

• Getbig V
  • I dream of Gods
« Reply #209 on: April 08, 2020, 09:22:39 PM »
Pussy Galore is dead. :'(

I know.

It is sad. :(

I must watch Goldfinger.

I just realized that she was about five years older than Sean Connery in that film.

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #210 on: April 08, 2020, 09:37:34 PM »
Thomas L. Miller, Longtime TV Producer of Classics Like 'Full House,' Dies at 79

Thomas L. Miller, a longtime TV producer known for hits including "Family Matters," "Full House," "Perfect Strangers" and "Step by Step," died on Sunday from complications due to heart disease. He was 79.

Miller, who co-founded Miller/Boyett Productions, Miller/Boyett/Warren Productions and Miller-Milkis Productions, is one of the most successful TV producers. Along with the shows mentioned above, he produced other classics like "Bosom Buddies" (which he also co-created), "Happy Days," "Mork & Mindy," and "Laverne & Shirley."

"Thomas Miller was born to entertain, infused with irrepressible passion and love for bringing joy to others through his life's work. And what a skill set he possessed. He was at once a thoughtful and tasteful executive, an extremely talented writer, and a highly successful producer whose many hit series will live long in the collective memory of fans around the world. Everyone at Warner Bros. Television Group and the 'Fuller House' family will miss him deeply, and we send our love to his longtime partner Bob Boyett and to the Miller family," Warner Bros. TV Group said in a statement.

Miller got his start in Hollywood in 1962 as a dialogue coach for film director Billy Wilder, where he worked on films including "Irma la Douce" and "The Fortune Cookie." Miller got his start in TV with 20th Century Fox, where he co-created the comedy series "Nanny and the Professor."

Shortly thereafter, he moved to Paramount Studios to become vice president of development, where he oversaw the development of television comedy and drama series programming, as well as original movies for TV. During his tenure, he developed such classic programs as "The Odd Couple" and "Love, American Style," plus nearly 20 telefilms.

Miller then teamed up with Robert Boyett and the two co-created "Bosom Buddies.

In 1996, after Miller/Boyett and Bickley/Warren decided to reorganize companies, Boyett and Miller joined forces with Michael Warren to form Miller/Boyett/Warren Productions, producing the final seasons of "Family Matters" and "Step by Step" plus the new comedy series "Meego" for CBS. The final series produced by the trio was the ABC comedy "Two of a Kind," starring Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen.

Miller re-teamed with Boyett nearly two decades later, with Miller/Boyett serving as a production company on "Fuller House."

A private burial will take place in Milwaukee.

Desolate

• Getbig V
  • I dream of Gods
« Reply #211 on: April 08, 2020, 09:42:36 PM »
Linda Tripp, whistleblower in Clinton-Lewinsky sex scandal, dead at 70.

Linda Tripp, whose secret conversations with former White House intern Monica Lewinsky led to the impeachment of President Bill Clinton in 1998, died on Wednesday, her son-in-law told The Post. She was 70.

Tripp has been seriously ill and on her deathbed Tuesday night, according to a Facebook posting by her daughter.

“My mommy is leaving this earth. I don’t know myself if I can survive this heartache. Please pray for a painless process for the strongest woman I will ever know in my entire lifetime,” Allison Tripp Foley posted on Facebook late Tuesday, adding that she was at her 70-year-old mother’s bedside. Her profile was later made private.

Tripp’s son-in-law, Thomas Foley, told The Post on Wednesday afternoon that she had passed. Her illness was unrelated to the coronavirus, he said.

Full story:
https://nypost.com/2020/04/08/linda-tripp-whistleblower-in-lewinsky-scandal-near-death/

SOMEPARTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #212 on: April 08, 2020, 09:56:50 PM »

Desolate

• Getbig V
  • I dream of Gods
« Reply #213 on: April 08, 2020, 10:06:36 PM »
Yeah, you just know that those two are happy tonight.

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #214 on: April 08, 2020, 10:32:41 PM »
John Prine died of the nasty virus. His health wasn't the best in recent years. He is one of my favourite singers.

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #215 on: April 09, 2020, 10:40:09 AM »
Mort Drucker, Legendary Mad Magazine Artist, Dies At 91

Mort Drucker, known for his legendary work on Mad Magazine, has died at the age of 91. The artist died in his home in Woodbury, New York on Wednesday, though we aren't sure what the cause of death was (via New York Times). Drucker is survived by his wife, daughters Laurie Bachner and Melanie Amsterdam, and his three grandchildren. His longtime friend John Reiner confirmed his death, and our thoughts are with Drucker's family and friends at this difficult time. Drucker was an inspiration for many cartoonists, as his movie, television, and political satire illustrations became a staple of Mad Magazine and pop culture as a whole.

Drucker started his career when he was 18 and was recommended for a job assisting on the comic series Debbie Dean, Career Girl by Will Eisner. He would go on to work on The Mountain Boys and a stint with DC Comics, which he still freelanced with even after he got the job with Mad Magazine.

Once he came on board though he would become a staple, with just about every issue from the 1960s to 2008 featuring a movie parody by Drucker. By the time he retired he had illustrated 238 of them. His final one was The Chronic-Ills of Yawnia: Prince Thespian, which is obviously a Chronicles of Narnia spoof.

Our thoughts are with Drucker's family and friends at this time.

https://comicbook.com/comics/2020/04/09/mort-drucker-mad-magazine-artist-dead-age-91/

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #216 on: April 09, 2020, 06:10:16 PM »
The Human Centipede Star Dieter Laser Has Passed Away

The Human Centipede’s Dieter Laser has passed away at the age of 78. Horror fans will recognize him from that aughts classic movie along with the other stops on an impressive career. A source close to his family released a short statement confirming the news on Twitter and the outpouring of support was palpable. Laser actually passed back in February of this year, but no one was able to confirm it until now. Back in 2009, he won Best Actor at the Austin Fantastic Fest for his role as the creepy Dr. Heiter in the film. There was also a Fright Meter Award in the following year for his performance as well.

A truly bizarre concept that Laser helped bring to life is now hailed as one of the most memorable films from that first decade of the new millennium. But, the actor has been working for far longer. Back in 1975, he won a German Film Award for Best Performance by an Actor in a Leading Role for John Glückstadt. Laser’s last role was in 2017’s November and other film appearances include The Lost Honor of Katharina Blum (1975), The Elixirs of the Devil (1976), Conversation with the Beast (1996), and Big Girls Don’t Cry in (2002).

Tom Six directed The Human Centipede and shared his thoughts after learning the news. He seems to be legitimately shocked by the tweet, as do so many fans online. But, he’s very proud of the work they put on screen together.

Six wrote, “I’m totally shocked Dieter passed away. He was a force of nature, an unique human being and an iconic actor. I’m so damn proud we created pop culture together. Wished we could have made many more movies. RIP my friend, you will live forever on screen!”

Chris Cooke is a co-director of the Mayhem Film Festival and had the pleasure of hosting Laser before. He also chimed in with some quick remembrances of The Human Centipede star.

Cooke began, “Just hearing the sad news that Dieter Laser, star of the Human Centipede sequence has passed away. A great actor, with a fantastic career and one of the coolest people I have ever met @mayhem_festival"

https://comicbook.com/movies/2020/04/09/the-human-centipede-dieter-laser-passed-away-78/?fbclid=IwAR3MYq8gjcaNvVDnB1IZetHLHtKo842ytVOZvHT9K9lLI52k4az-0DnacgA

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #217 on: April 12, 2020, 12:02:50 PM »
Willy Wonka Actor Tim Brooke-Taylor Dies From Coronavirus

British comedian and actor Tim Brooke-Taylor died on Sunday from COVID-19. He was 79. Brooke-Taylor's death was confirmed by his agent. The entertainer had a long career in entertainment and was a huge star in the U.K. in the 1970s due to his work on the series The Goodies. He also appeared as a scientist in the iconic 1971 film Willy Wonka & the Chocolate Factory.

At the start of his career, Brooke-Taylor was a member of Cambridge University's Footlights revue, a group that saw the rise of several generations of British comic talent. He went on to break into both television and radio comedy alongside John Cleese and Graham Chapman, both of whom would become members of Monty Python.

Along with Graham Garden and Bill Oddie, Brooke-Taylor formed The Goodies, who in addition to the hit BBC series, also scored a hit single, "Funky Gibbon" in 1975. Outside of television work, Brooke-Taylor was also a panelist on the BBC's comic quiz show, I'm Sorry I Haven't a Clue for more than 40 years.

Born July 17, 1940, Brooke-Taylor also appeared in the Doctor Who audio story "The Zygon Who Fell to Earth" in 2008 with the entertainer playing Mims, a Zygon taking the shape of a human.

Brooke-Taylor was a big influence for a lot of people in entertainment. Upon the news of Brooke-Taylor's passing, various celebrities took to social media to pay tribute to Brooke-Taylor. Ant-Man co-writer and Baby Driver director Edgar Wright called the entertainer "a big comedy hero" from his childhood and shared a thread of GIFs from a classic episode of The Goodies "in tribute to his lunacy".

"I'm so so sad that a big comedy hero from my childhood, Tim Brooke-Taylor, has passed," Write wrote. "Loved his energy & go for broke, try anything silliness. He made it seem like making people laugh was the best job in the world. Please allow me to repost this thread in tribute to his lunacy."

Actor and author who appeared on I'm Sorry I Haven't A Clue with him Stephen Fry also paid tribute, remembering Brooke-Taylor as a kind and funny man.

"Just heard the devastating news of the death of Tim Brooke-Taylor," Fry wrote. "A hero for as long as I can remember, and -- on a few golden occasions -- a colleague and collaborator on I'm Sorry I Haven't A Clue. Gentle, kind, funny, wise, warm, but piercingly witty when he chose to be. So sad."

https://comicbook.com/irl/2020/04/12/willy-wonka-actor-tim-brooke-taylor-dies-coronavirus/?fbclid=IwAR1YJt2N7rb9ojnvu0FW5mPsGS0qgWBi402yV4SW2x3_vRwU9k6tQ_tXJGU

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #218 on: April 13, 2020, 05:51:28 PM »
Voice of Brainy Smurf Danny Goldman Dead at 80 After 2 Strokes

Danny Goldman -- the actor best known for voicing Brainy Smurf in "The Smurfs" -- has died ... TMZ has learned.

Goldman died at his home Sunday night in front of friends and family while in hospice after suffering a couple of strokes around New Years ... this according to his longtime agent, Doug Ely. His death is not related to COVID-19. Ely took to Facebook to give his decades-long friend a touching tribute.

Ely wrote, "Danny was truly one of a kind. He always had strong opinions and didn't mind telling you about them. He was incredibly funny. He loved to root for the little guy and help wherever he could. He had a huge heart. We lost a good one today. He will be missed."

Goldman's acting credits date back all the way to 1963 with a stint in "General Hospital." He later landed roles in "Young Frankenstein" as a young medical student who questioned Gene Wilder.

Goldman also landed roles in "MASH" and "Busting Loose" but he reached stardom voicing Brainy Smurf when "The Smurfs" debuted in 1981 as a Saturday morning cartoon series on NBC. Brainy Smurf -- easily one of the most identifiable characters with his trademark thick glasses -- was known to never back down from sharing his smarts.

He'd hold on to that role until the series ended in 1989 but the show's popularity kept the series on the air via USA Network, the Cartoon Network and now the Boomerang channel.

Goldman would go on to land a ton of small roles on other shows including "Criminal Minds" in 2012. He was 80. RIP

https://www.tmz.com/2020/04/13/voice-of-brainy-smurf-danny-goldman-dead-strokes-not-coronavirus-related/?fbclid=IwAR2Rda1b8t0CClqUoPGVMV6_7GvOcjJ7bKqbS9hJJc8XYS2oq4U6C3uNXts

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #219 on: April 14, 2020, 06:34:14 PM »
 :o

Yankees owner Hank Steinbrenner dies

Yankees general partner and co-chairperson Hank Steinbrenner died Tuesday at age 63 after a long battle with illness, a person with knowledge of the situation confirmed to NJ Advance Media.

The person spoke on the condition of anonymity because he wasn’t authorized to speak publicly. The New York Post’s Joel Sherman first reported the news. Steinbrenner died at his Clearwater, Fla., home and his death wasn’t coronavirus-related, the person said.

Steinbrenner was the son of late owner George Steinbrenner and brother of Hal Steinbrenner, who currently runs the Yankees’ day-to-day operations.

Hank Steinbrenner was set to take over as the lead voice in the organization after George Steinbrenner’s involvement began to fade in 2007 (he died in 2010). But Hal’s role grew larger and he eventually became the face of the organization’s leadership.

“He was just a really, really good man," longtime friend Ray Negron said in a phone call Tuesday morning. “One of the best people I ever met in my life.”

George Steinbrenner bought the Yankees from CBS for $8.7 million in 1973. “It’s the best buy in sports today," Steinbrenner told the New York Times after the sell was made public. "I think it’s a bargain.”

Last week, the Yankees ranked No. 1 on Forbes’ list of most valuable MLB franchises with an estimated value of $5 billion. It’s the 23rd consecutive year Forbes ranked the Yankees as its top club.

Not much has changed since Steinbrenner’s children began running the Yankees. They’re still an annual American League power and still always among baseball’s biggest spenders (see the record-setting nine-year, $324 million contract signed by Gerrit Cole in December).

There is one big thing missing since the Steinbrenner children began running the Yankees – championships. They’ve been to the playoffs a lot and advanced to the American League Championship Series twice in the last three seasons, but haven’t been to the World Series since they won their last one in 2009.

In February, Hal Steinbrenner was asked if his family would ever sell the club during a WFAN radio interview with Joe Benigno and Evan Roberts.

“The third generation is now involved,” Steinbrenner responded. “They’re involved big-time. So there are no plans to sell the team, and I get asked that a lot.”

The pressure is on the Yankees to win again soon though, because they just completed a full decade without playing in a World Series for the first time since the 1910s.

“We feel that pressure every year,” Steinbrenner said. “We know our fans expect that every year, to win a championship and be a contender. So it’s not going to be any more pressure for me. I know it’s not going to be any more pressure for the coaches and players.

“But it’s important every year, and clearly we have had championship-caliber teams the last few years and haven’t quite got it done. So from that standpoint, we’re going to be focused even more than usual, and that’s certainly in the back of our minds. We’ve got to do everything we can to make it happen.”

Here is the Yankees’ press release announcing the death of Hank Steinbrenner:

The New York Yankees mourn the passing of General Partner and Co-Chairperson Henry G. “Hank” Steinbrenner, who passed away earlier today at his home in Clearwater, Fla., from a longstanding health issue. Mr. Steinbrenner was 63.

“Hank was a genuine and gentle spirit who treasured the deep relationships he formed with those closest to him,” said the Steinbrenner family. “He was introduced to the Yankees organization at a very young age, and his love for sports and competition continued to burn brightly throughout his life. Hank could be direct and outspoken, but in the very same conversation show great tenderness and light-heartedness. More than anything, he set an example for all of us in how comfortably he lived enjoying his personal passions and pursuits. We are profoundly saddened to have lost him and will carry his memory with us always.”

Born April 2, 1957, and raised in his birthplace of Cleveland, Ohio, Mr. Steinbrenner was the eldest of four children by former Yankees Principal Owner George M. Steinbrenner III and his wife, Joan (pronounced Jo-Ann).

Mr. Steinbrenner was in his 13th season as a General Partner of the New York Yankees and his 11th season as Co-Chairperson of the club. Along with Managing General Partner / Co-Chairperson Hal Steinbrenner, Hank was responsible for overseeing all areas of the club’s business and baseball operations, and was directly involved in player negotiations, long-term player recruitment goals and overall club strategy.

He spent many decades passionately involved in the breeding, raising and racing of horses, serving as a Vice President and Director of Bay Farms Corporation since 1985 and as a longtime member of the board of the Ocala Breeders Sales Company.

Mr. Steinbrenner attended Culver Military Academy and Central Methodist College in Missouri. Over the course of his career, he held additional roles as chairman of Minch Transit Company and vice president of Mid-Florida Hotels Corporation. In 2000, he coordinated a multi-year partnership with Gwynn Racing to field a Gwynn/Steinbrenner top fuel Yankees dragster on the National Hot Rod Association (NHRA) Drag Racing Tour.

Joined by his son George Michael Steinbrenner IV, Mr. Steinbrenner reentered the world of competitive racing in 2016, contributing to the formation of Steinbrenner Racing. After participating two seasons in the Indy Lights developmental circuit in 2017 and 2018, the group announced a partnership with Harding Racing in September 2018. The new team began racing in 2019 as Harding Steinbrenner Racing, competing on the IndyCar circuit with George Michael as the youngest team owner in IndyCar history. Just two races into its first season in IndyCar, the team took the checkered flag on March 24, 2019, at the Circuit of Americas in Austin, Tex., as George Michael became the youngest owner to win a race in the history of the IndyCar Series. At the conclusion of the year, the team announced it was uniting with Andretti Autosport to race under the Andretti Harding Steinbrenner Autosport banner in 2020.

At the time of his passing, Mr. Steinbrenner served on the boards of the YES Network and Gold Shield Foundation and was involved in a number of not-for-profit causes and children’s charities in New York and Tampa Bay, including The Joshua House, St. Joseph’s Children’s Hospital, Gigi’s Playhouse Tampa, The Children’s Dream Fund and the New York Yankees charitable foundations.

He is survived by four children, daughters Jacqueline and Julia, and sons George Michael IV and John, one granddaughter, Anabel, and his siblings, Jennifer, Jessica and Hal, and their families.

During this time of mourning, the family respectfully asks for the privacy needed to grieve this tremendous loss.

In lieu of flowers, memorial donations can be made to Friends of Joshua House Foundation (www.friendsofjoshuahouse .org; P.O. Box 26333, Tampa, FL 33623, 813-263-3469) or to a charity of one’s choosing.

https://www.nj.com/yankees/2020/04/yankees-owner-hank-steinbrenner-dies.html?utm_source=facebook&utm_campaign=njcom_sf&utm_medium=social&utm_content=nj_facebook_njcom&fbclid=IwAR1B1DbM7c2Fcv_JOOd6UxALavL3iM7iPY1hcomKyWdHclTri8ZEkYZ134g

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #220 on: April 16, 2020, 06:14:32 PM »
E.T. Cinematographer Allen Daviau Dies Of Coronavirus

E.T. cinematographer Allen Daviau has passed away from complications at 77. Colman Andrews, a food editor and writer, confirmed the news on Twitter. Daviau was nominated for numerous Oscars for his work with Spielberg. That includes The Color Purple, Empire of the Sun, E.T. the Extraterrestrial, Bugsy, and Avalon. He wrote, “RIP Allen Daviau, my friend of almost 60 years, cinematographer and bon vivant, five-time Academy Award nominee, dining companion extraordinaire, pure soul, who left us last night at the MPTF Hospital, his longtime home, after contracting COVID-19. Salut, mon ami.” The president of the American Society of Cinematographer, Kees van Oostrum put out a statement.

“It is with great regret and sadness that I have to announce the passing last night of my friend and a great member of the society, Mr. Allen Daviau, ASC. Allen started his career shooting the early movies of Stephen Spielberg, including Amblin (1968), and went on to an impressive career as a cinematographer with movies that have deeply inspired us all. He was honored with 5 Academy Award nominations, was bestowed our Lifetime Achievement Award in 2007 and won our Outstanding ASC Achievement in Cinematography for Bugsy (1991) and Empire of the Sun (1987). He amassed an impressive body of work: E.T. the Extra-Terrestrial (1982), The Color Purple (1985), and Avalon (1990), just to mention a few.”

“Allen was active in our society in many ways like chairing our membership committee for several years,” van Oostrum continued. “Also, his commitment to teaching our craft and being very accessible for young cinematographers will forever be engraved in our memories. He will be remembered fondly for his sense of humor, his taste for the best of foods and his laugh that unmistakably marked his presence from far away.

“Allen was 77 years old and I am proud that we were able to host him during our 100-year celebration last year. He told me then that it was for him “one of the best of gifts life had to offer”. His smile that evening was affectionate and many of us were able to pay him respect. You will be missed so much, dear Allen,” he added.

https://comicbook.com/movies/2020/04/16/et-allen-daviau-cinematographer-dies-coronavirus/?fbclid=IwAR0WEuYebU0DYC3hn6mY2fzY3KeCnwoqp7uj7ieObKUkrTW-K1B3oZtG9YM

Irongrip400

• Getbig V
  • Pan Germanism, Pax Britannica
« Reply #221 on: April 16, 2020, 06:24:10 PM »
:o

Yankees owner Hank Steinbrenner dies

Yankees general partner and co-chairperson Hank Steinbrenner died Tuesday at age 63 after a long battle with illness, a person with knowledge of the situation confirmed to NJ Advance Media.

The person spoke on the condition of anonymity because he wasn’t authorized to speak publicly. The New York Post’s Joel Sherman first reported the news. Steinbrenner died at his Clearwater, Fla., home and his death wasn’t coronavirus-related, the person said.

Steinbrenner was the son of late owner George Steinbrenner and brother of Hal Steinbrenner, who currently runs the Yankees’ day-to-day operations.

Hank Steinbrenner was set to take over as the lead voice in the organization after George Steinbrenner’s involvement began to fade in 2007 (he died in 2010). But Hal’s role grew larger and he eventually became the face of the organization’s leadership.

“He was just a really, really good man," longtime friend Ray Negron said in a phone call Tuesday morning. “One of the best people I ever met in my life.”

George Steinbrenner bought the Yankees from CBS for $8.7 million in 1973. “It’s the best buy in sports today," Steinbrenner told the New York Times after the sell was made public. "I think it’s a bargain.”

Last week, the Yankees ranked No. 1 on Forbes’ list of most valuable MLB franchises with an estimated value of $5 billion. It’s the 23rd consecutive year Forbes ranked the Yankees as its top club.

Not much has changed since Steinbrenner’s children began running the Yankees. They’re still an annual American League power and still always among baseball’s biggest spenders (see the record-setting nine-year, $324 million contract signed by Gerrit Cole in December).

There is one big thing missing since the Steinbrenner children began running the Yankees – championships. They’ve been to the playoffs a lot and advanced to the American League Championship Series twice in the last three seasons, but haven’t been to the World Series since they won their last one in 2009.

In February, Hal Steinbrenner was asked if his family would ever sell the club during a WFAN radio interview with Joe Benigno and Evan Roberts.

“The third generation is now involved,” Steinbrenner responded. “They’re involved big-time. So there are no plans to sell the team, and I get asked that a lot.”

The pressure is on the Yankees to win again soon though, because they just completed a full decade without playing in a World Series for the first time since the 1910s.

“We feel that pressure every year,” Steinbrenner said. “We know our fans expect that every year, to win a championship and be a contender. So it’s not going to be any more pressure for me. I know it’s not going to be any more pressure for the coaches and players.

“But it’s important every year, and clearly we have had championship-caliber teams the last few years and haven’t quite got it done. So from that standpoint, we’re going to be focused even more than usual, and that’s certainly in the back of our minds. We’ve got to do everything we can to make it happen.”

Here is the Yankees’ press release announcing the death of Hank Steinbrenner:

The New York Yankees mourn the passing of General Partner and Co-Chairperson Henry G. “Hank” Steinbrenner, who passed away earlier today at his home in Clearwater, Fla., from a longstanding health issue. Mr. Steinbrenner was 63.

“Hank was a genuine and gentle spirit who treasured the deep relationships he formed with those closest to him,” said the Steinbrenner family. “He was introduced to the Yankees organization at a very young age, and his love for sports and competition continued to burn brightly throughout his life. Hank could be direct and outspoken, but in the very same conversation show great tenderness and light-heartedness. More than anything, he set an example for all of us in how comfortably he lived enjoying his personal passions and pursuits. We are profoundly saddened to have lost him and will carry his memory with us always.”

Born April 2, 1957, and raised in his birthplace of Cleveland, Ohio, Mr. Steinbrenner was the eldest of four children by former Yankees Principal Owner George M. Steinbrenner III and his wife, Joan (pronounced Jo-Ann).

Mr. Steinbrenner was in his 13th season as a General Partner of the New York Yankees and his 11th season as Co-Chairperson of the club. Along with Managing General Partner / Co-Chairperson Hal Steinbrenner, Hank was responsible for overseeing all areas of the club’s business and baseball operations, and was directly involved in player negotiations, long-term player recruitment goals and overall club strategy.

He spent many decades passionately involved in the breeding, raising and racing of horses, serving as a Vice President and Director of Bay Farms Corporation since 1985 and as a longtime member of the board of the Ocala Breeders Sales Company.

Mr. Steinbrenner attended Culver Military Academy and Central Methodist College in Missouri. Over the course of his career, he held additional roles as chairman of Minch Transit Company and vice president of Mid-Florida Hotels Corporation. In 2000, he coordinated a multi-year partnership with Gwynn Racing to field a Gwynn/Steinbrenner top fuel Yankees dragster on the National Hot Rod Association (NHRA) Drag Racing Tour.

Joined by his son George Michael Steinbrenner IV, Mr. Steinbrenner reentered the world of competitive racing in 2016, contributing to the formation of Steinbrenner Racing. After participating two seasons in the Indy Lights developmental circuit in 2017 and 2018, the group announced a partnership with Harding Racing in September 2018. The new team began racing in 2019 as Harding Steinbrenner Racing, competing on the IndyCar circuit with George Michael as the youngest team owner in IndyCar history. Just two races into its first season in IndyCar, the team took the checkered flag on March 24, 2019, at the Circuit of Americas in Austin, Tex., as George Michael became the youngest owner to win a race in the history of the IndyCar Series. At the conclusion of the year, the team announced it was uniting with Andretti Autosport to race under the Andretti Harding Steinbrenner Autosport banner in 2020.

At the time of his passing, Mr. Steinbrenner served on the boards of the YES Network and Gold Shield Foundation and was involved in a number of not-for-profit causes and children’s charities in New York and Tampa Bay, including The Joshua House, St. Joseph’s Children’s Hospital, Gigi’s Playhouse Tampa, The Children’s Dream Fund and the New York Yankees charitable foundations.

He is survived by four children, daughters Jacqueline and Julia, and sons George Michael IV and John, one granddaughter, Anabel, and his siblings, Jennifer, Jessica and Hal, and their families.

During this time of mourning, the family respectfully asks for the privacy needed to grieve this tremendous loss.

In lieu of flowers, memorial donations can be made to Friends of Joshua House Foundation (www.friendsofjoshuahouse .org; P.O. Box 26333, Tampa, FL 33623, 813-263-3469) or to a charity of one’s choosing.

https://www.nj.com/yankees/2020/04/yankees-owner-hank-steinbrenner-dies.html?utm_source=facebook&utm_campaign=njcom_sf&utm_medium=social&utm_content=nj_facebook_njcom&fbclid=IwAR1B1DbM7c2Fcv_JOOd6UxALavL3iM7iPY1hcomKyWdHclTri8ZEkYZ134g

Hownthe hell wasnt this a bigger story?

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #222 on: April 16, 2020, 06:59:44 PM »
WWE Legendary Ring Announcer Howard Finkel Dead at 69

WWE Hall of Famer Howard Finkel died this week at the age of 69, according to an announcement made by WWE. Finkel was hired by Vince McMahon Sr. to work for the World Wide Wrestling Federation in 1975, and made his debut as ring announcer at Madison Square Garden on January 17, 1977. By 1979 he was the company's lead ring announcer, and his iconic voice would become a staple of WWF events for years to come.

"WWE is saddened to learn that Howard Finkel has passed away at age 69," the company wrote in a statement. "WWE extends its condolences to Finkel's family, friends and fans."

Throughout his career Finkel would either feud with or being involved in storylines with wrestlers such as Ted DiBiase, Kerry Von Erich, X-Pac, Jeff Jarrett, Chris Jericho and Ken Shamrock. He made his in-ring debut in January 1995, where he defeated Dr. Harvey Wippleman on an episode of Monday Night Raw in a tuxedo match.

In 2002 Finkel had a brief heel run where he antagonized fellow announcer Lillian Garcia. The feud culminated in an evening gown/tuxedo match, which Finkel lost after Garcia got help from Trish Stratus and Stacy Keibler.

BY 2000 Finkel began to take a lighter schedule with Garcia and Tony Chimel also serving as ring announcers. He began to make fewer and fewer television appearances as the years went on, though he did appear at ever WrestleMania from 1985 up through 2016. In 2009 Finkel was inducted into the WWE Hall of Fame by "Mean" Gene Okerlund.

In an interview with Wrestling Inc. in 2009, Okerlund said the proudest moment of his career was when he worked as the ring announcer for Wrestlemania III.

"They can never take it away from me," Finkel said. "It's something that I cherish and I've always enjoyed, that WrestleMania in 1985, moving even into the one in 1987 in Pontiac, Michigan. How do you think it felt to announce in front of 93,000 people? It's not easy."

He also gave his thoughts on joining the WWE Hall of Fame.

"I would've loved to have had the opportunity when I wasn't a Hall of Famer," he said. "And then when I got the word that it was going to be happening, I really kept it suppressed because I didn't want it to overtake me and my emotions. I wanted to keep it in check. True story — when I got to Houston the afternoon of (WrestleMania 25), and I got into the dressing room and I had to change into my tuxedo, which is what I've done for years, then it started hitting me.

"They can't take it away from me. I've earned it," he added. "That was my WrestleMania, my personal WrestleMania. It's just a great honor to be involved in such a prestigious group as the Hall of Fame classes of years past, and of course this year. To be a part of WWE for nearly 30 years, it's the greatest ride I've ever been on, and it's far from over."

https://comicbook.com/wwe/2020/04/16/wwe-howard-finkel-dead-69-ring-announcer/?fbclid=IwAR3Ks-140WiU6gki7zQtTzIB64QWKbTMUP3t7meU2myoQbfY7eFSRzX1WBA

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #223 on: April 16, 2020, 07:01:54 PM »
Hownthe hell wasnt this a bigger story?

He didn't carry himself like his father. George Steinbrenner was like a storm. He kicked up one nearly every time he was in front of a camera with a microphone.

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #224 on: April 20, 2020, 03:36:14 PM »
Playmate Ashley Mattingly Dead by Suicide

Former Playmate Ashley Mattingly -- a domestic violence victim at the hands of Lane Garrison, who struggled with substance abuse -- is dead ... TMZ has learned.

Ashley's sister, Christy, and twin brother Billy tell us she took her own life Wednesday at her home in Austin, Texas and she left a suicide note.

We're told Ashley was found unresponsive Friday after a friend called the Austin Police Department for a wellness check after Ashley went radio silent. We're told police took the note as part of their investigation.

Ashley's family tells us she had been living in Austin for the past two years, and she was struggling with substance abuse. We're told she had demons and battled alcohol abuse, but she was trying to get her life back on track.

The shelter-in-place order in Texas did not help Ashley, her family says, even though Ashley recently adopted a 9-month-old golden retriever puppy to help with her loneliness. We're told the pup, Miss Jean, is now with Ashley's family.

As we reported ... Ashley, who was Playboy's Miss March in 2011, was charged with DUI back in 2016 after allegedly plowing her golf cart into 4 parked cars while she was wasted.

As you know ... Ashley was a victim of domestic violence. Lane, her ex-boyfriend, was convicted of domestic battery in 2012.

The last time we saw Ashley, back in 2015, she seemed to be in good spirits.

Ashley's relatives also tell us they're thankful her friend called police for the wellness check ... and they hope her story can raise awareness about suicide.

Ashley was 33.

RIP

https://www.tmz.com/2020/04/20/playmate-ashley-mattingly-dead-dies-suicide/?fbclid=IwAR22dDhFkw4lVGK2nqrW1LKRMRkQJxnlo9U4U4dcmK6jU4STmgCrJeJVGzc