Author Topic: Sarah Huckabee Sanders ‘very seriously looking at’ run for Arkansas governor  (Read 1506 times)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
She would be terrific.

Sarah Huckabee Sanders ‘very seriously looking at’ run for Arkansas governor
By Emily JacobsDecember 23, 2019

Sarah Huckabee Sanders is adding more fuel to the rumors that she is mulling a gubernatorial run in her home state of Arkansas.

When asked if she would run for governor while speaking at the Turning Point USA Student Action Summit on Sunday, Sanders said, “I’m very seriously looking at it right now.

“My focus is on making sure we get the president re-elected first in 2020, and we’ll have plenty of time to focus on 2022 after that,” the former White House press secretary said.

Sanders also joked about running while talking to the conservative students attending the summit.

“Do you think I could recruit some volunteers from this room to come to Arkansas if I run?” she said, adding, “I love Arkansas, I love my home state, I am so happy to be back home, and we’ll see what happens, but certainly looking at that.”

Speculation about Sanders’ possible gubernatorial bid began to circulate in June after she resigned her White House post.

Politico reported at the time that Sanders and those in her inner circle had begun making calls to GOP donors and operatives in Arkansas to get a sense of interest in a potential run for her.

President Trump expressed his desire for her to run after announcing her departure.

The commander-in-chief brought her on stage during a June rally announcing his re-election bid and said to the crowd: “I have a feeling she’s going to be running for a certain gubernatorial position.”

When he tweeted an announcement of her resignation, Trump also mentioned his hopes for her political future.

“I hope she decides to run for Governor of Arkansas — she would be fantastic,” he wrote on Twitter.

Sanders’ father, Mike Huckabee, served as Arkansas’ governor from 1997 to 2006.

The next gubernatorial election is not until 2022, when incumbent Republican Gov. Asa Hutchinson finishes his final term. He is barred by term limits from seeking re-election.

https://nypost.com/2019/12/23/sarah-huckabee-sanders-very-seriously-looking-at-run-for-arkansas-governor/

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
She would be terrific.

Sarah Huckabee Sanders is adding more fuel to the rumors that she is mulling a gubernatorial run in her home state of Arkansas.

When asked if she would run for governor while speaking at the Turning Point USA Student Action Summit on Sunday, Sanders said, “I’m very seriously looking at it right now.

“My focus is on making sure we get the president re-elected first in 2020, and we’ll have plenty of time to focus on 2022 after that,” the former White House press secretary said.

Sanders also joked about running while talking to the conservative students attending the summit.

“Do you think I could recruit some volunteers from this room to come to Arkansas if I run?” she said, adding, “I love Arkansas, I love my home state, I am so happy to be back home, and we’ll see what happens, but certainly looking at that.”

Speculation about Sanders’ possible gubernatorial bid began to circulate in June after she resigned her White House post.

Politico reported at the time that Sanders and those in her inner circle had begun making calls to GOP donors and operatives in Arkansas to get a sense of interest in a potential run for her.

President Trump expressed his desire for her to run after announcing her departure.

The commander-in-chief brought her on stage during a June rally announcing his re-election bid and said to the crowd: “I have a feeling she’s going to be running for a certain gubernatorial position.”

When he tweeted an announcement of her resignation, Trump also mentioned his hopes for her political future.

“I hope she decides to run for Governor of Arkansas — she would be fantastic,” he wrote on Twitter.

The next gubernatorial election is not until 2022, when incumbent Republican Gov. Asa Hutchinson finishes his final term. He is barred by term limits from seeking re-election.

https://nypost.com/2019/12/23/sarah-huckabee-sanders-very-seriously-looking-at-run-for-arkansas-governor/

Other than being a pathological liar what else makes her "terrific" as a GOP candidate?

Or is that all you need in the age of Trumptard where facts are "fake" and every little grievance is so so so unfair

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
She would be terrific.

What in your opinion are Sarah Huckabee's qualifications to be Governor of Arkansas. Do you suppose her father Mike Huckabee taught her everything he knows?

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
What in your opinion are Sarah Huckabee's qualifications to be Governor of Arkansas. Do you suppose her father Mike Huckabee taught her everything he knows?

I'm sure she learned a lot from her father, who is terrific.  She's incredibly smart.  Makes good decisions.  Has a lot of experience working in and advising political campaigns. 

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
I'm sure she learned a lot from her father, who is terrific.  She's incredibly smart.  Makes good decisions.  Has a lot of experience working in and advising political campaigns.  

Good. Let her be elected Governor of Arkansas. It's not my problem. I live in Oregon.

Maybe she can tell a few whoppers to the good folk of Alabama, such as:

"President Trump in his first year and a half has already tripled what President Obama did (for African-American employment) in eight years."

Says diversity visa immigrants are not vetted.

"I think if you look to Chicago, where you had over 4,000 victims of gun-related crimes last year, they have the strictest gun laws in the country. That certainly hasn’t helped there."

"The president in no way, form or fashion has ever promoted or encouraged violence."

"Everybody acts like President Trump is the one that came up with this idea. ... There are multiple news outlets that have reported" former President Barack Obama ordered wiretapping on Trump.

She denied  knowledge of President Trump’s hush-money payoffs — even though the president himself admitted making them.

And who can forget, during her interview by special counsel Robert Mueller’s team, that she admitted lying about former FBI Director James Comey?  Specifically, she told the press that “countless members of the F.B.I.” had told her they lost confidence in Comey. But Sanders revealed in the Mueller report that those comments were made “in the heat of the moment” and were not founded on anything. She has repeatedly referred to those statements as a “slip” or “slip of the tongue.”  

https://www.politifact.com/personalities/sarah-huckabee-sanders/

https://www.newsweek.com/trump-press-secretary-sarah-huckabee-sanders-lying-media-fox-news-1459629

https://www.usatoday.com/story/opinion/2019/06/14/sarah-huckabee-sanders-quit-white-house-trump-liar-column/1457224001/

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/sarah-sanders-said-she-doesnt-like-being-called-a-liar-and-twitter-users-were-quick-to-respond-2019-11-25

mazrim

• Getbig V

"Everybody acts like President Trump is the one that came up with this idea. ... There are multiple news outlets that have reported" former President Barack Obama ordered wiretapping on Trump.

It's been this long and you still haven't watched or looked at the facts. Been over three years now....crazy. You literally just copy and pasted from politifact, lol

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
It's been this long and you still haven't watched or looked at the facts. Been over three years now....crazy. You literally just copy and pasted from politifact, lol

Where do you copy and paste from? Or, do you just make stuff up?

On April 25, 2019, Trump said that his original allegation of "wires tapped" was not literal, and that he really meant: "surveillance, spying you can sort of say whatever you want". Trump also said that his allegations were made "just on a little bit of a hunch and a little bit of wisdom maybe", and that he thought his allegations were "pretty insignificant" when he made them.

mazrim

• Getbig V
Where do you copy and paste from? Or, do you just make stuff up?
I don't believe I have unless I also provide a link/source. I believe you're the one who has a monopoly on posting inaccuracies then backtracking when shown to be false, squealing "I don't believe it. I only posted it". You are a liar.

Anyways, it's been over three years and you still have no desire to actually fact check your sources. You are an ideal voter for them.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
I don't believe I have unless I also provide a link/source. I believe you're the one who has a monopoly on posting inaccuracies then backtracking when shown to be false, squealing "I don't believe it. I only posted it". You are a liar.

Anyways, it's been over three years and you still have no desire to actually fact check your sources. You are an ideal voter for them.

Actually, I link quotes most of the time. Occasionally, when something like Sarah's lies are easily found in quotes from several resources, I leave it for others to do a little research themselves. Please link a post where I backtracked. Link me to a post where I've lied. When I have an opinion, I make it clear that's all it is. Opinions count for very little no matter whose they are because they may or may not be based on facts.

If the Sarah Sanders comments I copied and pasted are inaccurate or made up quotes, they'd be considered defamation and they'd be libel. I doubt most reputable major media sources are willing to risk this. However there are some, like the Inquirer who make a habit of it and regularly end up settling with the complaintants.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
Good. Let her be elected Governor of Alabama. It's not my problem. I live in Oregon.

"President Trump in his first year and a half has already tripled what President Obama did (for African-American employment) in eight years."

"I think if you look to Chicago, where you had over 4,000 victims of gun-related crimes last year, they have the strictest gun laws in the country. That certainly hasn’t helped there."

"The president in no way, form or fashion has ever promoted or encouraged violence."

She denied  knowledge of President Trump’s hush-money payoffs — even though the president himself admitted making them.

And who can forget, during her interview by special counsel Robert Mueller’s team, that she admitted lying about former FBI Director James Comey?  Specifically, she told the press that “countless members of the F.B.I.” had told her they lost confidence in Comey. But Sanders revealed in the Mueller report that those comments were made “in the heat of the moment” and were not founded on anything. She has repeatedly referred to those statements as a “slip” or “slip of the tongue.” 

Arkansas, not Alabama. 

You should consider including a link when you're cutting and pasting stuff. 

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
Arkansas, not Alabama. 

You should consider including a link when you're cutting and pasting stuff. 

Thanks, I fixed it so it is the correct state now. Of course, you knew it was an unintentional error.

I've also included all the links I looked at before deciding what to cut and paste without being redundant. No doubt you'll dispute those links just as you do any source you disagree with. And, just as I do with some of your sources.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
Thanks, I fixed it so it is the correct state now. Of course, you knew it was an unintentional error.

I've also included all the links I looked at before deciding what to cut and paste without being redundant. No doubt you'll dispute those links just as you do any source you disagree with. And, just as I do with some of your sources.

You are starting a pattern of saying false things.  This is projection.  YOU are the one who immediately questions the source, rather than substance, whenever something is posted that conflicts with your narrow world view.  You are the one who refuses to even read things written by conservatives.  Don't get it twisted. 

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
Good. Let her be elected Governor of Arkansas. It's not my problem. I live in Oregon.

She denied  knowledge of President Trump’s hush-money payoffs — even though the president himself admitted making them.

And who can forget, during her interview by special counsel Robert Mueller’s team, that she admitted lying about former FBI Director James Comey?  Specifically, she told the press that “countless members of the F.B.I.” had told her they lost confidence in Comey. But Sanders revealed in the Mueller report that those comments were made “in the heat of the moment” and were not founded on anything. She has repeatedly referred to those statements as a “slip” or “slip of the tongue.”  

https://www.politifact.com/personalities/sarah-huckabee-sanders/

https://www.newsweek.com/trump-press-secretary-sarah-huckabee-sanders-lying-media-fox-news-1459629

https://www.usatoday.com/story/opinion/2019/06/14/sarah-huckabee-sanders-quit-white-house-trump-liar-column/1457224001/

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/sarah-sanders-said-she-doesnt-like-being-called-a-liar-and-twitter-users-were-quick-to-respond-2019-11-25

Thank you for including links.  Do you pay attention to what Politifact actually does?  Look at the statements they rate as true or false.  There is no support whatsoever for their determination that a statement is true or false.  You have no idea whether the person rating the statement is correct. 

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
For example, here is a statement from your link:

Huckabee Sanders
SARAH HUCKABEE SANDERS

— PolitiFact National on Wednesday, August 15th, 2018

Here is PolitiFact's response:

"Vastly undershoots figure for Obama"

There is no support for the statement that it "vastly undershoots figure for Obama." 

Who made that determination?  What data did they rely on?  Why is there no reference to the data? 

But yet you accept it at face value because it is anti-conservative/anti-Republican.  People like you are very easy to manipulate. 

It doesn't have to be this way.  You can still become an open minded person.  Old dogs can learn new tricks.   :)

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
For example, here is a statement from your link:

Huckabee Sanders
SARAH HUCKABEE SANDERS

— PolitiFact National on Wednesday, August 15th, 2018

Here is PolitiFact's response:

"Vastly undershoots figure for Obama"

There is no support for the statement that it "vastly undershoots figure for Obama." 

Who made that determination?  What data did they rely on?  Why is there no reference to the data? 

But yet you accept it at face value because it is anti-conservative/anti-Republican.  People like you are very easy to manipulate. 

It doesn't have to be this way.  You can still become an open minded person.  Old dogs can learn new tricks.   :)

I am momentarly back because dinner isn't going to be ready for awhile longer.

Either you or I could probably look for data that either supports or doesn't support Politifact's statement. Who knows, maybe there is no reliable data in any event. If that is so, where did Sarah Sanders get her information from and how do we know if it is accurate?