Author Topic: The definition of "Lights Out" in one single Pic !  (Read 4729 times)

Royalty

• Getbig V
  • Mentzer is Alive
Re: The definition of "Lights Out" in one single Pic !
« Reply #25 on: January 01, 2020, 12:51:45 PM »
Don't think so.  Kai is weak in the traps department but his back is thick as hell and wider than Phil's. 

Go to 4:33

nicorulez

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #26 on: January 01, 2020, 03:08:52 PM »
affeeman, are you sure? Think about this statement...

"1"

OMR, the reality is that Ronnie had a top two RDB and rear lat spread all time....I would call him one and Phil / Dorian 2 / 2a. However, from the front he smoked both of them by a Texas mile in his prime. Best of all-time without a doubt except for abd distention that was prominent in all of the rivals especially considering GH and insulin use in this era.

AbrahamG

• Getbig V
  • Team Pfizer
« Reply #27 on: January 01, 2020, 03:24:59 PM »

There must be better back shots of Ronnie than this.  Because frankly, the shot of Phil is better than this one of Ronnie.

OneMoreRep

• Getbig V
« Reply #28 on: January 01, 2020, 04:16:07 PM »
OMR, the reality is that Ronnie had a top two RDB and rear lat spread all time....I would call him one and Phil / Dorian 2 / 2a. However, from the front he smoked both of them by a Texas mile in his prime. Best of all-time without a doubt except for abd distention that was prominent in all of the rivals especially considering GH and insulin use in this era.

A total beast!

"1"

joswift

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: January 01, 2020, 04:26:13 PM »
There must be better back shots of Ronnie than this.  Because frankly, the shot of Phil is better than this one of Ronnie.

Did Phil ever look like that?

AbrahamG

• Getbig V
  • Team Pfizer
« Reply #30 on: January 01, 2020, 04:30:04 PM »
Did Phil ever look like that?

No, nor is that the point.  Best Ronnie is superior to the best Phil.  The 1st pic posted of Ronnie however, did not make the case correctly for Ronnie.

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
  • Go back to making jewelry and cakes with your girl
« Reply #31 on: January 01, 2020, 04:43:50 PM »
;)

Bevo

• Getbig V
  • Middle Urinal at Buc-ee’s
« Reply #32 on: January 01, 2020, 04:55:30 PM »
;)

Nothing like posing in a thong in your drive way while spectators drive by

rocket

• Getbig V
  • Not a champion
« Reply #33 on: January 01, 2020, 07:56:15 PM »
I don't like the phil physique that much (it is a top tier one, but it is built on a structure that isn't top tier) but I'll say this, Ronnie, quite clearly has a non symmetrical back.  His left side is obviously smaller.  Every back pose he does looks a bit odd because of it.  He is dominant but I'm surprised that people don't talk about it - it detracts from just how good he was.  Every time he poses it, it looks off.   I just cannot unsee it

Royalty

• Getbig V
  • Mentzer is Alive
« Reply #34 on: January 02, 2020, 02:47:47 AM »
I don't like the phil physique that much (it is a top tier one, but it is built on a structure that isn't top tier) but I'll say this, Ronnie, quite clearly has a non symmetrical back.  His left side is obviously smaller.  Every back pose he does looks a bit odd because of it.  He is dominant but I'm surprised that people don't talk about it - it detracts from just how good he was.  Every time he poses it, it looks off.   I just cannot unsee it

At the 2006 and 2007 Mr Olympia shows, the judges penalized him for that. At the 2007 Olympia, it was discussed by the commentators I believe

Edit: here’s the video

harmankardon1

• Getbig IV
« Reply #35 on: January 02, 2020, 03:26:29 AM »
Comparing phils back to ronnie? Give me a fucking break...

Phils three inches shorter and about five inches more narrow. He'd look like a fucking midget next to Coleman or Dorian for that matter.

rocket

• Getbig V
  • Not a champion
« Reply #36 on: January 02, 2020, 03:42:02 AM »
At the 2006 and 2007 Mr Olympia shows, the judges penalized him for that. At the 2007 Olympia, it was discussed by the commentators I believe

Edit: here’s the video

The really weird thing to me is that it is obvious in the pic from 98, just above.

Bevo

• Getbig V
  • Middle Urinal at Buc-ee’s
« Reply #37 on: January 02, 2020, 04:01:20 AM »
Comparing phils back to ronnie? Give me a fucking break...

Phils three inches shorter and about five inches more narrow. He'd look like a fucking midget next to Coleman or Dorian for that matter.

Phil is 5’9 and Ronnie is 5’10