Author Topic: Bonac responds to Ronnie  (Read 3912 times)

joswift

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
Bonac responds to Ronnie
« on: January 10, 2020, 02:27:34 AM »
https://generationiron.com/william-bonac-responds-ronnie-coleman/?fbclid=IwAR3JoIZp9taM1sV1uEtrXTEtBTxK4VwXPUn2TxW9_tj83hECNGekOAJaKHc

“HE DIDN’T SAY THAT ABOUT ME,” SAID WILLIAM BONAC WITH A LAUGH. “I STILL DON’T THINK THAT HE SHOULD SAY THAT, YOU KNOW? ESPECIALLY COMING FROM THAT KIND OF MAN, WITH A STATUS LIKE RONNIE. HE’S THE GOAT, AND HE DID A GREAT JOB. OF COURSE, (HE HAS) FREE SPEECH, BUT SOMETIMES YOU GOT TO BE CAREFUL WITH THE WORDS THAT YOU BRING OUT.

“LIKE I SAID, IT’S A DIFFERENT ERA,” BONAC AFFIRMED. “LIKE BRANDON (CURRY), IF BRANDON WAS IN HIS ERA, HE WOULD HAVE DONE MAYBE THE SAME THING THAT THEY DID. BRANDON COULD HAVE COME EVEN BETTER. BRANDON COULD HAVE WON THE OLYMPIA NINE TIMES, INSTEAD OF EIGHT TIMES. SO IT’S A DIFFERENT ERA. IF RONNIE CAME IN OUR ERA, HE WOULD STEP UP TO OUR GAME. IF THE GUYS, LIKE HE SAYS, DON’T TRAIN HARD ENOUGH, HE WOULDN’T TRAIN HARD ENOUGH. WHY WOULD HE, BECAUSE NOBODY’S TRAINING HARD ENOUGH.

“IT’S HIS OPINION, AND I DON’T AGREE WITH IT,” BONAC SAID FIRMLY. “NOT JUST BECAUSE I’M IN THIS ERA. I LOVE BACK IN THE OLD SCHOOL. I LOVE IT. IF YOU WANT TO GO THAT WAY, LOOK AT ALL THOSE GUYS. PEOPLE SAY ‘LOOK AT THE STANDARD GUTS,’ AND BLAH BLAH BLAH, BUT REALLY? GO BACK IN TIME. I SEE A LOT OF THOSE GUYS WITH A BIG BELLY.

“PEOPLE WILL ALWAYS SAY THEIR ERA WAS THE BEST. THEY WILL ALWAYS SAY THAT. OF COURSE, THEY WANT TO LEAVE AS LEGENDS, SO THEY WILL ALWAYS SAY THAT. A TRUE CHAMPION WOULDN’T PUT A FEATHER UP IN HIS A–. HE WOULD LET OTHER PEOPLE PUT A FEATHER UP IN HIS A–. SO HE WOULD LET OTHER PEOPLE TALK ABOUT HIM, HOW GREAT HE IS. HE WON’T SAY HOW GREAT HE IS.”

Royalty

• Getbig V
  • Mentzer is Alive
Re: Bonac responds to Ronnie
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2020, 02:33:08 AM »
Bonac knows that he has to take this stance. Because he knows that Ronnie probably would not place Bonac in the top 6 in the 90’s either.

Bevo

• Getbig V
  • Middle Urinal at Buc-ee’s
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2020, 02:43:28 AM »
Curry as good as he is won’t place top 5 in the 90’s

The only one that would be competitive is Phil

harmankardon1

• Getbig IV
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2020, 03:15:04 AM »
I like Bonac, he's a wild guy and means well, he generally says it how it is... But he is a midget and should be very thankful he's around today and not nineties....

Curry is in the top three worst mr Olympias ever, only worse were Franco 81 and Dickerson, then curry.

Curry would get destroyed in any ninties lineup. It's a shame to have him as a mr olympia but that's the way it goes.

Powerlift66

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2020, 03:18:01 AM »
Typing in all caps shows low IQ. I'm thinking he's not too bright...

joswift

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2020, 03:34:51 AM »

he said it, someone else typed it

Kwon

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2020, 03:37:06 AM »

He should've used Grammarly, since he writes pretty much all day, every day.
Q

joswift

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2020, 03:37:16 AM »
SO IT’S A DIFFERENT ERA. IF RONNIE CAME IN OUR ERA, HE WOULD STEP UP TO OUR GAME.

I think he means would have stepped down....

Ronnie did what he did and no one was moving poundages like Ronnie in his prime, to think that he would have trained any differently is crazy..

Bevo

• Getbig V
  • Middle Urinal at Buc-ee’s
« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2020, 03:53:55 AM »
SO IT’S A DIFFERENT ERA. IF RONNIE CAME IN OUR ERA, HE WOULD STEP UP TO OUR GAME.

I think he means would have stepped down....

Ronnie did what he did and no one was moving poundages like Ronnie in his prime, to think that he would have trained any differently is crazy..

Exactly, he’s always trained like that

These days guys are too busy doing stupid barbell hip thrusts and taking millions of selfies

OneMoreRep

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: January 10, 2020, 04:09:45 AM »
I don't think Bonac gets it. If a prime Ronnie (Olympia winning Ronnie) would have been around in the early 90's, he would have beat all of those veterans, but unfortunately he was just getting started and had yet to peak.

The Ronnie who cleaned up all those Olympia titles would crush everyone presently on the Olympia stage. Joswift is right in that Ronnie did what he did by (A) having the right genetics for bodybuilding, (B) lifting the weights he did and (C) juicing his ass to the gills and that is why he won so many times and would have crushed anyone before/during/after his time.

For as much as I think Ronnie is damn fool for continuing his road to the cemetery, I still believe the man is the greatest to have ever done it. While I don't particularly like Ronnie's build (it's just too much and I prefer Arnold's build, possibly due to my age), the man gets all the credit for being the best and freakiest bodybuilder ever.

"1"

Royalty

• Getbig V
  • Mentzer is Alive
« Reply #10 on: January 10, 2020, 04:12:14 AM »
Bonac needs to understand that the only reason that Curry won is because the following people were absent: Heath, Rhoden, Ramy.

FitnessFrenzy

• Getbig V
  • evolving
« Reply #11 on: January 10, 2020, 04:22:05 AM »
Bonac should be slapped across the face for that caps lock post.

harmankardon1

• Getbig IV
« Reply #12 on: January 10, 2020, 04:54:33 AM »
I don't think Bonac gets it. If a prime Ronnie (Olympia winning Ronnie) would have been around in the early 90's, he would have beat all of those veterans, but unfortunately he was just getting started and had yet to peak.

The Ronnie who cleaned up all those Olympia titles would crush everyone presently on the Olympia stage. Joswift is right in that Ronnie did what he did by (A) having the right genetics for bodybuilding, (B) lifting the weights he did and (C) juicing his ass to the gills and that is why he won so many times and would have crushed anyone before/during/after his time.

For as much as I think Ronnie is damn fool for continuing his road to the cemetery, I still believe the man is the greatest to have ever done it. While I don't particularly like Ronnie's build (it's just too much and I prefer Arnold's build, possibly due to my age), the man gets all the credit for being the best and freakiest bodybuilder ever.

"1"

Well said^

For me ronnie also the GOAT

Powerlift66

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: January 10, 2020, 06:12:54 AM »
Bonac should be slapped across the face for that caps lock post.

8)

Powerlift66

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: January 10, 2020, 06:13:46 AM »
Bonac couldn't carry Ronnie's gym bag, and looks as tall as the trophies on Ronnie's mantle.

He's a Mantle Manlet.

anvil

• Getbig IV
« Reply #15 on: January 10, 2020, 07:58:55 AM »
I suppose it's easy to see why Manlet Bonac would be defensive; he realizes he's a short little guy in a shitty era of bodybuilding and no one respects him or anyone else who dons the glitter thong for a living now.  That and when he imagines where his life will be ten years from now after wasting his time on this shit instead of doing something actually worthwhile, it's got to be depressing as frick.

The_Punisher

• Getbig V
  • The Unrighteous Shall Pay
« Reply #16 on: January 11, 2020, 10:43:28 AM »
Bonac is been sniffing his cat's ass for too long...He has no fucking idea what he's talking about....seriously dude....

SOMEPARTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: January 11, 2020, 11:27:33 AM »
"standard guts"

Does he mean "distended"?

IronMagazine.com

• Getbig IV
  • IronMag Bodybuilding Blog Online Since 2001
« Reply #18 on: January 11, 2020, 12:32:10 PM »
Ronnie has lost his mind, can't really take him seriously.

TTfit

• Getbig III
« Reply #19 on: January 11, 2020, 01:14:06 PM »
You can only judge what's on stage. And in his last few shows Ronnie looked like a blubbery mess of muscle. He didn't deserve to place as high as he did. He got quite a few gifts. If the current batch of guys want to bring average conditioning you have to judge on that average conditioning. People don't get it. Ronnie needs to focus his time on his 100 kids instead of trying to stay relevant.

oldschoolfan

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: January 12, 2020, 02:30:29 PM »
https://generationiron.com/william-bonac-responds-ronnie-coleman/?fbclid=IwAR3JoIZp9taM1sV1uEtrXTEtBTxK4VwXPUn2TxW9_tj83hECNGekOAJaKHc

“HE DIDN’T SAY THAT ABOUT ME,” SAID WILLIAM BONAC WITH A LAUGH. “I STILL DON’T THINK THAT HE SHOULD SAY THAT, YOU KNOW? ESPECIALLY COMING FROM THAT KIND OF MAN, WITH A STATUS LIKE RONNIE. HE’S THE GOAT, AND HE DID A GREAT JOB. OF COURSE, (HE HAS) FREE SPEECH, BUT SOMETIMES YOU GOT TO BE CAREFUL WITH THE WORDS THAT YOU BRING OUT.

“LIKE I SAID, IT’S A DIFFERENT ERA,” BONAC AFFIRMED. “LIKE BRANDON (CURRY), IF BRANDON WAS IN HIS ERA, HE WOULD HAVE DONE MAYBE THE SAME THING THAT THEY DID. BRANDON COULD HAVE COME EVEN BETTER. BRANDON COULD HAVE WON THE OLYMPIA NINE TIMES, INSTEAD OF EIGHT TIMES. SO IT’S A DIFFERENT ERA. IF RONNIE CAME IN OUR ERA, HE WOULD STEP UP TO OUR GAME. IF THE GUYS, LIKE HE SAYS, DON’T TRAIN HARD ENOUGH, HE WOULDN’T TRAIN HARD ENOUGH. WHY WOULD HE, BECAUSE NOBODY’S TRAINING HARD ENOUGH.

“IT’S HIS OPINION, AND I DON’T AGREE WITH IT,” BONAC SAID FIRMLY. “NOT JUST BECAUSE I’M IN THIS ERA. I LOVE BACK IN THE OLD SCHOOL. I LOVE IT. IF YOU WANT TO GO THAT WAY, LOOK AT ALL THOSE GUYS. PEOPLE SAY ‘LOOK AT THE STANDARD GUTS,’ AND BLAH BLAH BLAH, BUT REALLY? GO BACK IN TIME. I SEE A LOT OF THOSE GUYS WITH A BIG BELLY.

“PEOPLE WILL ALWAYS SAY THEIR ERA WAS THE BEST. THEY WILL ALWAYS SAY THAT. OF COURSE, THEY WANT TO LEAVE AS LEGENDS, SO THEY WILL ALWAYS SAY THAT. A TRUE CHAMPION WOULDN’T PUT A FEATHER UP IN HIS A–. HE WOULD LET OTHER PEOPLE PUT A FEATHER UP IN HIS A–. SO HE WOULD LET OTHER PEOPLE TALK ABOUT HIM, HOW GREAT HE IS. HE WON’T SAY HOW GREAT HE IS.”

bonac is dumb and loves cock

AbrahamG

• Getbig V
  • Team Pfizer
« Reply #21 on: January 12, 2020, 03:04:44 PM »
I like Bonac, he's a wild guy and means well, he generally says it how it is... But he is a midget and should be very thankful he's around today and not nineties....

Curry is in the top three worst mr Olympias ever, only worse were Franco 81 and Dickerson, then curry.

Curry would get destroyed in any ninties lineup. It's a shame to have him as a mr olympia but that's the way it goes.

A couple of Jay's wins were worse than Curry.

pamith

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: January 12, 2020, 05:56:31 PM »
Bonac is my nikka

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #23 on: January 12, 2020, 07:51:13 PM »
Bonac needs to understand that the only reason that Curry won is because the following people were absent: Heath, Rhoden, Ramy.

I was at the Olympia. I had Bonac beating Curry

AbrahamG

• Getbig V
  • Team Pfizer
« Reply #24 on: January 14, 2020, 05:34:23 PM »
I was at the Olympia. I had Bonac beating Curry

I had Hadi beating them both.