Author Topic: Covid 19 - We are all screwed - discuss  (Read 501056 times)

joswift

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
Re: Coronavirus - We are all screwed - discuss
« Reply #3475 on: May 02, 2020, 08:45:49 AM »
We had the plastic bag ban here for like 6 months. They had to bring the bags back because of the rona

why, to make face masks?

Flexacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #3476 on: May 02, 2020, 08:54:12 AM »
why, to make face masks?

To speed up home shopping deliveries and so people weren't bringing in bags from home which supposedly might spread the virus.

It wasn't so much a ban here originally though, more a plastic bag tax/shift to reusable bags.

Dokey111

• Getbig V
« Reply #3477 on: May 02, 2020, 09:01:05 AM »
(A friend of mine posted this and it’s so very true and on point)

For the people crying for the country to remain shut down, answer these questions:

1) How many children should starve in order to make you feel safe?
2) How many families must go bankrupt in order to make you feel safe?
3) How many wives and children must be stuck at home with an abusive husband/father in order to make you feel safe?
4) How many business owners should lose everything they've worked for in order to make you feel safe?
5) How many people are you comfortable with committing suicide from hopelessness and financial ruin in order to make you feel safe?

Come up with an actual number, don't just dismiss the questions. Come up with the number of people that you think should surrender their lives for YOUR feelings and YOUR safety.

Does it make you feel safer knowing that your unwarranted fear and panic are costing others their livelihoods and even their very lives?

Each time you whine and complain about keeping the country shut down, remember what it's costing OTHER people for you to sit in your house sucking at the teat of CNN, swallowing the panic narrative, and hoarding toilet paper.

Also, remember this - if the TV news had never told you to be afraid of this virus, you wouldn't have. You'd have never given it a thought, you'd have gone about your life as usual along with everyone else. You'd likely have never known there was a virus at all, that this was just another typical flu season. So, remember that all your fear and panic exists because you were TOLD to live in fear and panic.

this

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #3478 on: May 02, 2020, 09:27:12 AM »
Seems like the only places Chinese travelers visited after leaving Wuhan were ghettos and nursing homes:

Ethnic minorities in England and Wales are dying from coronavirus at higher rates than white peers - report - CNN

https://www.cnn.com/2020/05/01/uk/coronavirus-bame-deaths-ifs-gbr-intl/index.html

"Once you take account of age and geography, most minority groups 'should' have fewer deaths per capita than the white British majority," the report states.

Yes, let’s pretend that lifestyle plays no role in mortality rates.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #3479 on: May 02, 2020, 10:08:57 AM »

For the people crying for the country to remain shut down, answer these questions:

3) How many wives and children must be stuck at home with an abusive husband/father in order to make you feel safe?
4) How many business owners should lose everything they've worked for in order to make you feel safe?
5) How many people are you comfortable with committing suicide from hopelessness and financial ruin in order to make you feel safe?

Come up with an actual number, don't just dismiss the questions. Come up with the number of people that you think should surrender their lives for YOUR feelings and YOUR safety.

Does it make you feel safer knowing that your unwarranted fear and panic are costing others their livelihoods and even their very lives?

Each time you whine and complain about keeping the country shut down, remember what it's costing OTHER people for you to sit in your house sucking at the teat of CNN, swallowing the panic narrative, and hoarding toilet paper.

Also, remember this - if the TV news had never told you to be afraid of this virus, you wouldn't have. You'd have never given it a thought, you'd have gone about your life as usual along with everyone else. You'd likely have never known there was a virus at all, that this was just another typical flu season. So, remember that all your fear and panic exists because you were TOLD to live in fear and panic.

I am a fatalist. Neither opening things up nor shutting them down make me feel safer. Wearing a mask and avoiding unnecessary contact with others makes sense, but it should be a choice each of us makes and not one that is made for us as if we were all too dumb to think for ourselves. Unfortunately, poor choices have an effect on everyone else. I okay with being responsible for my health and safety. I am not okay with causing someone else to become sick or die.

This virus and others coming down the pike will make people sick and even cause some to die. When it is man verses nature, eventually nature wins. It always does. Earthquakes, tornadoes, hurricanes, fires, tidal-waves and viruses are all greater than humans.   

visualizeperfection

• Getbig V
  • Getbig sponsored athlete.
« Reply #3480 on: May 02, 2020, 10:18:19 AM »
I am a fatalist. Neither opening things up nor shutting them down make me feel safer. Wearing a mask and avoiding unnecessary contact with others makes sense, but it should be a choice each of us makes and not one that is made for us as if we were all too dumb to think for ourselves. Unfortunately, poor choices have an effect on everyone else. I okay with being responsible for my health and safety. I am not okay with causing someone else to become sick or die.

This virus and others coming down the pike will make people sick and even cause some to die. When it is man verses nature, eventually nature wins. It always does. Earthquakes, tornadoes, hurricanes, fires, tidal-waves and viruses are all greater than humans.

You’re not a fatalist. You’re just a coward.

You’re not a great man. You’re not brave. You would have died of fear on D-Day. Thank God for greater men, or this country would have never happened.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #3481 on: May 02, 2020, 10:26:54 AM »
You’re not a fatalist. You’re just a coward.

You’re not a great man. You’re not brave. You would have died of fear on D-Day. Thank God for greater men, or this country would have never happened.

Obviously you believe you know me better than I know myself. This is odd, since we've never met.

visualizeperfection

• Getbig V
« Reply #3482 on: May 02, 2020, 10:29:20 AM »
Obviously you believe you know me better than I know myself. This is odd, since we've never met.

I’ve met you. I was the dude on the other side of the glory hole.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #3483 on: May 02, 2020, 10:32:29 AM »

Thanks. You are quite the expert guy.

Mr Anabolic

• Getbig V
  • Better to die on your feet than on your knees.
« Reply #3484 on: May 02, 2020, 10:40:44 AM »
About 90% of the general public believe everything that comes from the MSM. 

This is a world full of idiots who are easily owned and conquered.

Flexacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #3485 on: May 02, 2020, 10:44:58 AM »

Army of one kinda exposed you for being a bit of a coward. You went from fuck the rona to cowering at home.

I actually like your earlier post though and that choices should be down to the individual. Seems like a healthy mindset and very reasonable. Only thing I would suggest is that anyone not wanting to go back to should only be given the bare minimum in assistance, like a loaf of bread, milk and some canned sardines. Those returning to work should receive some kinda government top up to their wages dependent on their job/risk factor.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #3486 on: May 02, 2020, 10:59:09 AM »
Army of one kinda exposed you for being a bit of a coward. You went from fuck the rona to cowering at home.

I actually like your earlier post though and that choices should be down to the individual. Seems like a healthy mindset and very reasonable. Only thing I would suggest is that anyone not wanting to go back to should only be given the bare minimum in assistance, like a loaf of bread, milk and some canned sardines. Those returning to work should receive some kinda government top up to their wages dependent on their job/risk factor.

In truth, I did originally resist my family's wish that I refrain from going to the gym and wearing a mask. At the same time that I relented, Governor Brown shut everything....including all gyms down. I did start using the mask whenever I went out and still am. I also go somewhere, usually the grocery store, everyday. Getting out of the house, even for 15 minutes helps me stay sane.

For those required to work, hazard pay makes sense because they are risking their health and their lives for the benefit of others. I happen to like canned sardines and good bread. I'd be okay with that. Luckily, for now I can still afford to buy my own food. Government assistance is not infinite. Eventually, people will have to figure out a way to return to productive lives if they hope to survive. The pressure to open the economy is mounting every day. It will happened and it will happen without the support of scientific experts or the media who tell us that we need to keep things shut down longer.

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #3487 on: May 02, 2020, 11:18:19 AM »
In truth, I did originally resist my family's wish that I refrain from going to the gym and wearing a mask. At the same time that I relented, Governor Brown shut everything....including all gyms down. I did start using the mask whenever I went out and still am. I also go somewhere, usually the grocery store, everyday. Getting out of the house, even for 15 minutes helps me stay sane.

For those required to work, hazard pay makes sense because they are risking their health and their lives for the benefit of others. I happen to like canned sardines and good bread. I'd be okay with that. Luckily, for now I can still afford to buy my own food. Government assistance is not infinite. Eventually, people will have to figure out a way to return to productive lives if they hope to survive. The pressure to open the economy is mounting every day. It will happened and it will happen without the support of scientific experts or the media who tell us that we need to keep things shut down longer.

Uncle Prime, can we get a picture of you wearing a leather face mask?
X

TheGrinch

• Getbig V
« Reply #3488 on: May 02, 2020, 11:40:47 AM »
According to the CDC's own website...

We're under and have been under the normally expected death rate so far this year.

WTF.. these #'s sure don't add up to a "pandemic"

https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/nvss/vsrr/covid19/index.htm

No spike.... normal average # of people dying since the beginning

visualizeperfection

• Getbig V
« Reply #3489 on: May 02, 2020, 11:51:55 AM »

Fuckin gross

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #3490 on: May 02, 2020, 11:54:52 AM »

Of course you can. Here you go.

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #3491 on: May 02, 2020, 12:00:16 PM »

We're under and have been under the normally expected death rate so far this year.

It’s not about the virus. It never was.

Pelosi floats almost $1T for states in next relief package | TheHill

https://thehill.com/homenews/house/495497-pelosi-floats-almost-1t-for-states-in-next-relief-package

Flexacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #3492 on: May 02, 2020, 12:12:55 PM »

It's only really NY that the virus took hold and needed locking down. The problem with the US is that if you tried to lock down NY then a large chunk of the New Yorkers would just leave the state and potentially take and spread the virus with them. (This is what happened in Northern Italy with them escaping down south)

The Majority of the US did not need a full lockdown, but how would a hard border have worked out in NY state where no one was allowed to leave?

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #3493 on: May 02, 2020, 12:26:10 PM »
Fuckin gross

I meant a leather face mask to protect him against COVID19!!

What did you think I meant?!?
X

Teutonic Knight 1

• Getbig IV
« Reply #3494 on: May 02, 2020, 02:29:30 PM »

;D
 ;D
 ;D

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #3495 on: May 02, 2020, 02:59:10 PM »
I meant a leather face mask to protect him against COVID19!!

What did you think I meant?!?

Oh, you mean one of these? It's backordered. Won't get it for another couple of weeks. So in the meantime, the one I already had will have to do.  ;D

Flexacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #3496 on: May 02, 2020, 09:15:39 PM »
Good morning morons.

Your favourite Jewish doctor has caught the attention of federal prosecutors through his lies..

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/05/01/us/coronavirus-doctor-zelenko-malaria-drug.html

WASHINGTON — A federal prosecutor has opened a preliminary inquiry into whether an obscure New York doctor who won White House attention by claiming he could treat the coronavirus broke the law by falsely claiming that a hospital study of drugs he had promoted had won federal approval.

The doctor, Vladimir Zelenko, wrongly claimed that the Food and Drug Administration had backed a study of a drug cocktail that he asserts is effective in treating Covid-19, the disease caused by the virus

No. Fake news. Other prominent figures were also posting similar information (Rudy Guliani) and they had their accounts blocked on twitter for spreading misinformation

So, because you do NOT politically agree with them it's fake news?

We are fucked lol

Bench

Link to your claims about the Doctor in New York?

tommywishbone

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Biscuit
« Reply #3497 on: May 02, 2020, 09:28:48 PM »

Word to your mother.
a

Teutonic Knight 1

• Getbig IV
« Reply #3498 on: May 02, 2020, 10:06:47 PM »
absolutely

That's Samurai face protection mask, nothing to do with a mental disorder !.

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox