Author Topic: Covid 19 - We are all screwed - discuss  (Read 501811 times)

Teutonic Knight 1

• Getbig IV
Re: Coronavirus - We are all screwed - discuss
« Reply #925 on: March 09, 2020, 04:41:47 PM »
ALL OF ITALY NOW IN EMERGENCY LOCKDOWN

Italy got a population of 60 million.

AC Milan lost  >:( & Real Madrid too ,  :-[

Army of One

• Getbig V
« Reply #926 on: March 09, 2020, 04:43:26 PM »
Those numbers are artificially high at the beginning as infected people haven't had a chance to recover yet. China had a death rate of 60% at the beginning, but its dropped to 5.3% as of today as more and more people have recovered.

Sure, but right now that's where we stand.Ive heard China has way more icus available too so that could play a huge part going forward if Italy is already maxed out.

TheGrinch

• Getbig V
« Reply #927 on: March 09, 2020, 05:39:22 PM »
I need to know this Virus death count by Race

All Asians?

Army of One

• Getbig V
« Reply #928 on: March 09, 2020, 05:57:20 PM »
I need to know this Virus death count by Race

All Asians?

Italy is getting decimated and it's nearly all native Italians.Same with Iran and native.

IroNat

• Getbig V
  • "Woke is a cult." - Joe Rogan
« Reply #929 on: March 09, 2020, 06:19:05 PM »
Italy population as of 2013: 60,000,000+

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2020_coronavirus_outbreak_in_Italy

"As of 9 March 2020, there have been 9,172 confirmed cases, 463 deaths, and 724 recoveries in Italy."

dearth

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #930 on: March 09, 2020, 06:33:54 PM »
“Speaking of being at risk, the president, he sleeps less than I do, and he's healthier than what I am” - US Surgeon General

Army of One

• Getbig V
« Reply #931 on: March 09, 2020, 06:39:18 PM »
The Prime Minister of Ireland has been the most honest about this of all the leaders

Irish Premier, Leo Varadkar:

"What we have seen from what is available at the moment, is that we could we could easily have 50 or 60% of our population contracting Covid-19.

For the vast majority of the population this will be a mild illness and may even by asymptomatic. However, there will be a significant part of the population who will require critical care.

A percentage that we don't honestly know yet - it could be one per cent or three per cent - mortality.

It is not the kind of thing we have seen in a very long time.... even if the health service was twice the size it is now we will struggle."

TheGrinch

• Getbig V
« Reply #932 on: March 09, 2020, 07:58:30 PM »
Italy is getting decimated and it's nearly all native Italians.Same with Iran and native.

No.. Italy is all the asians working in sweat shops fashion districts in the North..... Milan in particular

TheGrinch

• Getbig V
« Reply #933 on: March 09, 2020, 08:00:06 PM »
Love to know why large events in the US like SXSW are getting cancelled..

yet Universal Studios, Disney parks.. etc.. remain open?

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
Re: Coronavirus, we are all screwed
« Reply #934 on: March 09, 2020, 08:00:52 PM »
What's going to happen when a few 90yr old people have every bed at every hospital, and are being seen by every doctor at every emergency service, with more coming in?

Are there that many 90 year people running around?

Army of One

• Getbig V
Re: Coronavirus, we are all screwed
« Reply #935 on: March 09, 2020, 08:12:06 PM »
Are there that many 90 year people running around?

I think you are going crazy.You are starting to repeat yourself

Let me guess. A few 90 year old people... who would’ve died later this year anyway.

What's going to happen when a few 90yr old people have every bed at every hospital, and are being seen by every doctor at every emergency service, with more coming in?

Really? Are there that many 90 year old people....all of whom will get the coronavirus? ::) Well if that happens and you get the coronavirus, you'll just have to wait your turn.

I was quoting him, he basically meant "old people", of which there are many.

And don't I know it....being 75 years old myself. What do you suppose Army of One will do when his end of the world predictions do not come to pass? Maybe lay low and wait for the next big thing to come along like most alarmists do.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #936 on: March 09, 2020, 08:14:09 PM »
this looks like an extremely fat man wore a rubber mask to impersonate the orange turd

The sign of a great leader in times of crisis

"President swayed by flattery, personal appeals

Trump’s unpredictable demands and attention to public statements — and his own susceptibility to flattery — have created an administration where top officials feel constantly at siege, worried that the next presidential tweet will decide their professional future, and panicked that they need to regularly impress him."

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/03/07/trump-coronavirus-management-style-123465

This guy should never, never wear white pants. They make him look like a great white whale.

Mayday

• Getbig IV
« Reply #937 on: March 09, 2020, 08:17:09 PM »
Fuck panicking over the damn virus, panic over the economic wave of destruction coming for us.

50% will catch the virus. 4% die (mostly old) so overall, 2% loss.

100% will be heavily financially impacted. I'd say 20% will be financially decimated like the GFC for 6-12 months.

SouJerz

• Getbig II
« Reply #938 on: March 09, 2020, 08:18:43 PM »
This guy should never, never wear white pants. They make him look like a great white whale.

stop fat shaming the president, wheres lizzo to defend him. 

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #939 on: March 09, 2020, 08:26:49 PM »
Panic has hit home. My daughter and son in law came home this afternoon after shopping at Costco with so much stuff. I think they caught caught up in a frenzy of panicked shoppers. Costco is limiting purchases of certain items, i.e. toilet paper. Not sure what the big thing is with toilet paper, the coronavirus is a respiratory virus not a stomach virus. Water was another limited purchase.

This whole thing is just insane and it's all Army or One's fault. He's got half the people on the planet scared.  ;D

tommywishbone

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Biscuit
« Reply #940 on: March 09, 2020, 08:46:13 PM »
Cowards !   Cowards ! Cowards !
a

Marvin Martian

• Getbig IV
« Reply #941 on: March 09, 2020, 10:21:44 PM »
Hasn’t been a single case in my state. I think people have gone WAY overboard with this shit.

I am fckn sick of politics being the motivation behind EVERY mthrfcking news story!! Back when Obama dealt with H1N1 - and had way higher death toll - the media made it out as if Obama saved us all..

Trump has a second term in the bag. He has accomplished far more in 3 years than the last 2 jagoffs did in 16. Anyone that would vote for “Joe to sleep” really needs to look into getting a “life coach”

Ropo

• Getbig IV
« Reply #942 on: March 09, 2020, 10:50:13 PM »
Fuck panicking over the damn virus, panic over the economic wave of destruction coming for us.

50% will catch the virus. 4% die (mostly old) so overall, 2% loss.

100% will be heavily financially impacted. I'd say 20% will be financially decimated like the GFC for 6-12 months.

You are right. There is no reason to panic what so ever. In meantime USA has rise to the top 8 of the COVID-19 countries with 754 sick, 28 dead and 8 recovered patient. In one week from 60 to 754, that is kind of fast, but americans are. I wait when the looting starts, should be any minute now, when people realize that those who has money are emptying grocery shops to store food for quarantine.. ;D

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #943 on: March 10, 2020, 02:23:32 AM »

A well prepared coward will outlast an ill prepared hero.

Svengoolie

• Getbig IV
« Reply #944 on: March 10, 2020, 02:26:11 AM »
Has Wiggs commented on the biblical implications of the situation?

IroNat

• Getbig V
  • "Woke is a cult." - Joe Rogan
« Reply #945 on: March 10, 2020, 04:25:33 AM »
Covid-19 causes diarrhea so you will need toilet paper.

TheShape.

• Getbig V
« Reply #946 on: March 10, 2020, 06:09:56 AM »
I stocked up late January, I’m feeling pretty comfy. You won’t.

Army of One

• Getbig V
« Reply #947 on: March 10, 2020, 06:31:38 AM »
Everyone here in a popular state in the USA or any EU country needs to prepare for what Italy is going through now to happen to them in 10-20 days.That means all schools and colleges closing, every bar, restaurant,gym,pool,ski resort etc to close.All sporting events played behind closed doors or cancelled, all concerts,festivals etc cancelled, no public gatherings.No going out apart from work and to get essentials.Buy your food and other essentials now before the mass rush.Have a plan for your kids while you are not there.Start haggling to work from home now if you can and haven't done so.

Ropo

• Getbig IV
« Reply #948 on: March 10, 2020, 06:43:23 AM »
Covid-19 causes diarrhea so you will need toilet paper.

That's first product which will be sold out from markets: Australian newspaper prints blank pages to help tackle toilet paper shortage - https://www.mercurynews.com/2020/03/05/coronavirus-australian-newspaper-prints-blank-pages-to-help-tackle-toilet-paper-shortage/..

Army of One

• Getbig V
« Reply #949 on: March 10, 2020, 06:54:54 AM »
Also Italy are turning down anyone over 65 for ICU treatment or anyone below 65 with comorbidities, in favour of patients younger and healthier.Something to keep in mind as I see this being the same approach worldwide.