Author Topic: Covid 19 - We are all screwed - discuss  (Read 500048 times)

OAK

• Getbig V
  • "My new company is TOTALLY not a scam."
Re: Corona Virus......am I missing something?
« Reply #1475 on: March 15, 2020, 03:16:07 PM »
According to you ,what is the reason for the low numbers

No idea.

My question is that if the numbers are so low (relatively), why are predictions so high?

My government (Canada) is claiming 70% of the population will contact the virus. I think that’s an overreaction.

che

• Getbig V
« Reply #1476 on: March 15, 2020, 03:23:21 PM »
No idea.

Seriously ? it has nothing to do with shutting down entire countries  ,sporting events, stores ........................ .....................

pamith

• Getbig V
« Reply #1477 on: March 15, 2020, 03:24:09 PM »
The corona virus is a blessing in disguise

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #1478 on: March 15, 2020, 03:26:43 PM »
It left out AIDS which was supposed to “explode” into the general population. We’re still waiting for that to happen.

Ironically, the guy we’re always seeing on TV, Anthony Fauci, is the same guy who was in charge during AIDS.

Since AIDS can be avoided with proper treatment today, it has not exploded into the general population and is not likely to. In San Francisco in 2018, nearly 16,000 people were living with HIV. In that year, there were 197 people diagnosed with HIV.

On a grander scale, According to UNAIDS : Number of People with HIV—There were approximately 37.9 million people across the globe with HIV/AIDS in 2018. Of these, 36.2 million were adults and 1.7 million were children (<15 years old). New HIV Infections—An estimated 1.7 million individuals worldwide became newly infected with HIV in 2018. Since the first AIDS cases were reported in the United States in June 1981, the number of cases and deaths among persons with AIDS increased rapidly during the 1980s followed by substantial declines in new cases and deaths in the late 1990s.

tommywishbone

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Biscuit
« Reply #1479 on: March 15, 2020, 03:29:24 PM »
I always thought "Killer bees" we're going to end mankind. Then I was positive Y2K would be doomsday. Then I stopped smoking crack and realized people are just stupid.
a

pamith

• Getbig V
« Reply #1480 on: March 15, 2020, 03:34:40 PM »
Let's look at the bright side

OAK

• Getbig V
  • "My new company is TOTALLY not a scam."
« Reply #1481 on: March 15, 2020, 03:35:43 PM »
I always thought "Killer bees" we're going to end mankind. Then I was positive Y2K would be doomsday. Then I stopped smoking crack and realized people are just stupid.

This is what I’m thinking.

pamith

• Getbig V
« Reply #1482 on: March 15, 2020, 03:38:42 PM »
The bright side is what's happening to Italy, religious revival

pamith

• Getbig V
Re: Coronavirus - We are all screwed - discuss
« Reply #1483 on: March 15, 2020, 03:42:19 PM »
Let's look at the bright side

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #1484 on: March 15, 2020, 03:59:55 PM »
Since AIDS can be avoided with proper treatment today, it has not exploded into the general population and is not likely to. In San Francisco in 2018, nearly 16,000 people were living with HIV. In that year, there were 197 people diagnosed with HIV.

On a grander scale, According to UNAIDS : Number of People with HIV—There were approximately 37.9 million people across the globe with HIV/AIDS in 2018. Of these, 36.2 million were adults and 1.7 million were children (<15 years old). New HIV Infections—An estimated 1.7 million individuals worldwide became newly infected with HIV in 2018. Since the first AIDS cases were reported in the United States in June 1981, the number of cases and deaths among persons with AIDS increased rapidly during the 1980s followed by substantial declines in new cases and deaths in the late 1990s.

Please, when the numbers started to come up short they moved the goalpost so that every starving person in Africa was considered to have aids when they were really just malnourished.

Dave D

• Getbig V
« Reply #1485 on: March 15, 2020, 04:07:49 PM »
exponential increase every 2 -4 days

170 + 170 = 340

340 + 340 = 680

680 + 680 = 1360

1360 + 1360 = 2720

2720 + 2720 = 5440

5440 x 2 = 10880

10880 x 2 = 21760

21760 x 2 = 43520

x2 = 87 mil
x2 = 174 mil
x2 = 348 mil
x2 = 696 mil
x2 = 1.3 billion

worst case scenario in 26 days, if everybody's stupid like people that still support Trump and Pence. Fortunately, more than half of humanity is much smarter, or so I hope...

What are the.numbers coming out of China? At this point the whole country should be infected with a million dead?

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #1486 on: March 15, 2020, 04:08:11 PM »
Please, when the numbers started to come up short they moved the goalpost so that every starving person in Africa was considered to have aids when they were really just malnourished.

So, how does this relate to the decline in HIV infections? Are you saying the initial statistical numbers were artificially high and that is the reason later statistical numbers declined? The decline in AIDS cases can be partly explained because of anti-virals which were not initially available. In fact the medications we have today to treat HIV are fairly recent discoveries.  

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #1487 on: March 15, 2020, 04:16:54 PM »
So, how does this relate to the decline in HIV infections? Are you saying the initial statistical numbers were artificially high and that is the reason later statistical numbers declined? The decline in AIDS cases can be partly explained because of anti-virals which were not initially available. In fact the medications we have today to treat HIV are fairly recent discoveries.  

I’m saying that the dire predictions never came to fruition. The explosion into the heterosexual population never happened no matter what you’ve led to believe.

pamith

• Getbig V
« Reply #1488 on: March 15, 2020, 04:23:59 PM »
You guys are so stupid

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #1489 on: March 15, 2020, 04:37:08 PM »
It's a fake pandemic to institute a world wide police state.  

These are the deaths in NYC. I’ll bet the people in their 50s weighed 400:

https://www.nydailynews.com/coronavirus/ny-coronavirus-third-death-new-york-state-20200315-zigrd765j5gwlasw3qi7n4zzmu-story.html

A 79-year-old woman died at Mt. Sinai Hospital Sunday after being admitted within the past week, authorities said. She had preexisting conditions including lung disease.
The other newly announced deaths Sunday were a 78-year-old man with multiple preexisting conditions, a 56-year-old man with diabetes and a 53-year-old woman with diabetes and heart disease.

pamith

• Getbig V
« Reply #1490 on: March 15, 2020, 04:42:53 PM »
We need God

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #1491 on: March 15, 2020, 04:45:01 PM »
98% and the two percent are mainly the elderly and those with preexisting health issues.

:D

pamith

• Getbig V
« Reply #1492 on: March 15, 2020, 04:46:53 PM »
We all die at the end

Moontrane

• Getbig V
  • a Harris administration, together with Joe Biden
« Reply #1493 on: March 15, 2020, 04:51:19 PM »
These are the deaths in NYC. I’ll bet the people in their 50s weighed 400:

https://www.nydailynews.com/coronavirus/ny-coronavirus-third-death-new-york-state-20200315-zigrd765j5gwlasw3qi7n4zzmu-story.html

A 79-year-old woman died at Mt. Sinai Hospital Sunday after being admitted within the past week, authorities said. She had preexisting conditions including lung disease.
The other newly announced deaths Sunday were a 78-year-old man with multiple preexisting conditions, a 56-year-old man with diabetes and a 53-year-old woman with diabetes and heart disease.

Writer chronicles U.S. fatalities by location, age, and known health.

Note: the numbers change quickly. These figures are current as of March 15, 2020. Visit CDC.gov for the latest government information.

65% of U.S. deaths were in Washington State
27 of total 62 U.S. deaths occurred at the same Washington State nursing home
Sixty-two U.S. coronavirus deaths were reported as of Sunday, March 15. The numbers increase daily, but the profiles below provide a snapshot in time of the victims.

https://sharylattkisson.com/2020/03/new-the-first-59-u-s-coronavirus-deaths-by-state-and-age/

pamith

• Getbig V
« Reply #1494 on: March 15, 2020, 04:54:31 PM »
Brutal if true

IroNat

• Getbig V
  • "Woke is a cult." -- Joe Rogan
« Reply #1495 on: March 15, 2020, 04:55:57 PM »
Did C.S. Lewis even lift?

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #1496 on: March 15, 2020, 05:08:30 PM »
C. S. Lewis on the Coronavirus

It’s now clear that COVID-19 is a deadly serious global pandemic, and all necessary precautions should be taken. Still, C. S. Lewis’s words—written 72 years ago—ring with some relevance for us. Just replace “atomic bomb” with “coronavirus.”

In one way we think a great deal too much of the atomic bomb. “How are we to live in an atomic age?” I am tempted to reply: “Why, as you would have lived in the sixteenth century when the plague visited London almost every year, or as you would have lived in a Viking age when raiders from Scandinavia might land and cut your throat any night; or indeed, as you are already living in an age of cancer, an age of syphilis, an age of paralysis, an age of air raids, an age of railway accidents, an age of motor accidents.”

In other words, do not let us begin by exaggerating the novelty of our situation. Believe me, dear sir or madam, you and all whom you love were already sentenced to death before the atomic bomb was invented: and quite a high percentage of us were going to die in unpleasant ways. We had, indeed, one very great advantage over our ancestors—anesthetics; but we have that still. It is perfectly ridiculous to go about whimpering and drawing long faces because the scientists have added one more chance of painful and premature death to a world which already bristled with such chances and in which death itself was not a chance at all, but a certainty.

This is the first point to be made: and the first action to be taken is to pull ourselves together. If we are all going to be destroyed by an atomic bomb, let that bomb when it comes find us doing sensible and human things—praying, working, teaching, reading, listening to music, bathing the children, playing tennis, chatting to our friends over a pint and a game of darts—not huddled together like frightened sheep and thinking about bombs. They may break our bodies (a microbe can do that) but they need not dominate our minds.

— “On Living in an Atomic Age” (1948) in Present Concerns: Journalistic Essays

https://www.thegospelcoalition.org/article/cs-lewis-coronavirus/

Moontrane

• Getbig V
  • a Harris administration, together with Joe Biden
« Reply #1497 on: March 15, 2020, 05:09:00 PM »
Did C.S. Lewis even lift?

No, but he was saved.  :D

SAMSON123

• Getbig V
« Reply #1498 on: March 15, 2020, 05:10:11 PM »
So I understand that this is a very contagious and deadly flu. However, I've seen several government warnings that 30% to 70% of people will contract the virus yet there are only about 170,000 cases worldwide. How do we go from 170,000 to several billion???

Am I missing something?

You are not missing anything... You're wise enough to see through the bullshit

There are just a few people worldwide who have died with the claim that it is over some Corona virus... that alone is justifying closing down schools, universities, retail stores/chains, restaurants, gyms, gatherings of 250 or more people, movies, libraries etc etc etc???

C'mon... it is a FINANCIAL RESET, a DEPOPULATION, a LOSS OF NATIONAL SOVEREIGNTY, a LOSS OF HUMAN RIGHTS etc etc

WOEFUL time we are in now

C

pamith

• Getbig V
« Reply #1499 on: March 15, 2020, 05:14:24 PM »

You are not missing anything... You're wise enough to see through the bullshit

There are just a few people worldwide who have died with the claim that it is over some Corona virus... that alone is justifying closing down schools, universities, retail stores/chains, restaurants, gyms, gatherings of 250 or more people, movies, libraries etc etc etc???

C'mon... it is a FINANCIAL RESET, a DEPOPULATION, a LOSS OF NATIONAL SOVEREIGNTY, a LOSS OF HUMAN RIGHTS etc etc

WOEFUL time we are in now

Bro...