Author Topic: Covid 19 - We are all screwed - discuss  (Read 500739 times)

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Re: Coronavirus - We are all screwed - discuss
« Reply #2525 on: April 01, 2020, 07:31:57 PM »
See inside the first coronavirus field hospital being set up in N.J.

As cases of the coronavirus continue to rise and hospitals begin becoming overloaded with patients, New Jersey is preparing to open its first pop-up field hospital to help handle the surge.

The U.S. Army Corp of Engineers has been constructing the site at the Meadowlands Exposition Center in Secaucus. Officials say it should open sometime next week.

Three other sites will follow — in Edison, Atlantic City, and another to be determined. Each will have 250 beds.

It can’t come soon enough. New Jersey has at least 22,255 cases of COVID 19, including 355 deaths. That’s the second-most in the U.S., after New York state.

Meanwhile, state Health Commissioner Judith Persichilli said Wednesday hospitals in North Jersey are already beginning to see a surge in patients, with seven hospitals reporting “divert” status on Tuesday.

Persichilli continued to express confidence the state will be able to handle the surge, but she stressed the state needs more ventilators.

She also said the new Secaucus field hospital will be available for “lower-acuity patients who can be safely transferred” there. That would free up more space at existing hospitals for coronavirus patients.

https://www.nj.com/news/j66j-2020/04/4deda912901449/covid19-oem-and-national-guard-set-up-meadowlands-field-medical-station.html?utm_content=nj_facebook_njcom&utm_campaign=njcom_sf&utm_medium=social&utm_source=facebook&fbclid=IwAR2AbCQ9uNjC4pcgYRcXgLZ1RTuIOvRdGgawOdBLNs05YWxB1WlQPzfgoK8

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #2526 on: April 01, 2020, 07:34:06 PM »
Prime if China didn’t screw the whole world with this virus your main concern wouldn’t be whether your daughter was sick and was potentially putting everyone in the house at risk.

I think you’re a better guy than you get credit for on here and I know you enjoy stirring the pot but sometimes you’re a little peculiar.

I always knew I was a little peculiar. -Needed someone to remind me. As for being a better person than I get credit for being....that's debatable.  ;D

In the sense that the virus had to start somewhere and it appears to have begun in China at this point, I you are correct. China did screw the whole world. Guess that's better than if it started in the U.S. and it was us who screwed the whole world. Gotta look at the bright side of things.

pellius

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith Jones aka OnlyMe/NoWorries. 1/10/2011
« Reply #2527 on: April 01, 2020, 11:57:46 PM »
That’s good news then! 1000 deaths on consecutive days isn’t exponential growth. It’s zero growth.Then again twice as many from two days ago is only geometric growth, not even close to an exponential function. Looking at these numbers you posted it’s practically arithmetic growth- nothing to worry about epidemiologically.

Hypertrophy- guy who actually studied math in school

If you go from 1,000 deaths on Monday and adding then another 1,000 death on Tuesday isn't that growth, as in the growth of people dying? Just like if I made $1,000 on Monday and another $1,000 on Tuesday isn't my income increasing, i.e., growing?

FitnessFrenzy

• Getbig V
  • evolving
« Reply #2528 on: April 02, 2020, 12:08:02 AM »

Theoak*

• Getbig IV
« Reply #2529 on: April 02, 2020, 01:12:44 AM »
If you go from 1,000 deaths on Monday and adding then another 1,000 death on Tuesday isn't that growth, as in the growth of people dying? Just like if I made $1,000 on Monday and another $1,000 on Tuesday isn't my income increasing, i.e., growing?

That’s what you call linear growth. Pandemics usually exponentially grow then plateau for a bit like you suggest then exponentially decay.  Problem we are facing at the moment is simply kicking the can down the road until a vaccine is manufactured.  Lifting quarantine in times of an exponential decay could lead us back to square one.

friedchickendinner

• Getbig IV
  • I've had it
« Reply #2530 on: April 02, 2020, 01:28:09 AM »
That’s what you call linear growth. Pandemics usually exponentially grow then plateau for a bit like you suggest then exponentially decay.  Problem we are facing at the moment is simply kicking the can down the road until a vaccine is manufactured.  Lifting quarantine in times of an exponential decay could lead us back to square one.

We just need to kick the can down for 1-1,5 more years!

Griffith

• Getbig V
« Reply #2531 on: April 02, 2020, 01:59:57 AM »

Mayday

• Getbig IV
« Reply #2532 on: April 02, 2020, 02:19:40 AM »
  Lifting quarantine in times of an exponential decay could lead us back to square one.

Like how China just had to shut down a province due to a breakout.

Either pray herd immunity will work and you heal quick with oodles of dead. Or.you shut up shop, make all average people unemployed, send all average joe broke and drag it out for 6mths-9mths.

They fucked us all proper good. Give it another month where people really hit the wall and lets see.which country.riots first.

joswift

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #2533 on: April 02, 2020, 02:23:06 AM »

Either pray herd immunity will work and you heal quick with oodles of dead. Or.you shut up shop, make all average people unemployed, send all average joe broke and drag it out for 6mths-9mths.

They fucked us all proper good. Give it another month where people really hit the wall and lets see.which country.riots first.

UK has tried both, tried herd immunity, fucked it up , now lockdown

Griffith

• Getbig V
« Reply #2534 on: April 02, 2020, 02:27:02 AM »

Long-term lockdowns would cause far worse long-term damage.

Theoak*

• Getbig IV
« Reply #2535 on: April 02, 2020, 02:51:06 AM »

If relax extreme curtailment measures, then exponential rate of spread increases again, so hospitalizations increase again.  If don’t relax it then strangle the economy into a Great Depression and more people die of pestilence than from the virus. This is way too exaggerated to make sense.  This is too convenient and organised.

I received txts today of construction workers being fined by the police 1600$ For eating lunch too close together.  Keep chipping away at humanities morale and lock them in cages, see what the end result curtails.  The only thing that prevents an implosion our debt bubble, fractional reserves economies is the Public confidence in them.  Once the stampede for the exits of trust are triggered in the herd it could be a rout of epic proportions.

Theoak*

• Getbig IV
« Reply #2536 on: April 02, 2020, 03:08:55 AM »
Not just one text but plural....of course you did....because every construction worker knows when they get fined thousands for sitting too close the first thing to do is text "the oak"... ::)

You got me, caught red handed spreading mis-information.

https://www.9news.com.au/national/coronavirus-police-issue-fines-for-alleged-breaches-of-public-health-act-in-nsw-australia/ef767578-b86e-4545-af32-572f7df2644a

Theoak*

• Getbig IV
« Reply #2537 on: April 02, 2020, 04:23:20 AM »
You claimed to have received texts detailing construction workers who were fined $1600 for sitting next to each other. The news item you just posted bears virtually no resemblance. Fail.

Yep.

Mayday

• Getbig IV
« Reply #2538 on: April 02, 2020, 04:45:20 AM »
This is way too exaggerated to make sense.  This is too convenient and organised.

Well, i'd believe China created it.

As for a massive global conspiracy, no way. The odds of that are miniscule because they couldnt all organise such a grand scheme due to the sheer number involved across the world. Not gunna happen.

Palumboism

• Getbig IV
« Reply #2539 on: April 02, 2020, 07:11:42 AM »
"But during the epidemic, they transferred cremation workers from around China to Wuhan keep cremate bodies around the clock," he said.

A resident surnamed Gao said the city's seven crematoriums should have a capacity of around 2,000 bodies a day if they worked around the clock.

"Anyone looking at that figure will realize, anyone with any ability to think," Gao said. "What are they talking about [2,535] people?

https://www.rfa.org/english/news/china/wuhan-deaths-03272020182846.html

Over 2000 people a day are dying in Wuhan.  The crematoriums can't keep up with the bodies stacking up.  They are bringing in workers from around the country to man them around the clock.

tommywishbone

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Biscuit
« Reply #2540 on: April 02, 2020, 07:44:03 AM »
I just sent China a bill for $750,000,000,000,000.  I except full payment via Venmo tomorrow.
a

TheGrinch

• Getbig V
« Reply #2541 on: April 02, 2020, 08:22:46 AM »
yes.. good idea... let's lockdown the entire world, pass $2tril legislation to give congress a raise, free money to big corps, test a police state, crush small business, make 90% of people dependent on the govn't handouts over an R0 thats no different than other pandemics.

Good idea.. and you people let it happen.

Hypertrophy

• Getbig V
« Reply #2542 on: April 02, 2020, 09:27:52 AM »
yes.. good idea... let's lockdown the entire world, pass $2tril legislation to give congress a raise, free money to big corps, test a police state, crush small business, make 90% of people dependent on the govn't handouts over an R0 thats no different than other pandemics.

In all fairness, I contacted one of  my Senators, Tim Scott of South Carolina, and told him it was stupid.  ;D

Other than that we are in complete agreement. This scenario reminds me of the movie "The Village" by M. Night Shyamalan. All you have to do is say there is a boogie man that comes out at night and also hides in the woods to control a population. In this case the boogie man is the Wuflu.

Hypertrophy

• Getbig V
« Reply #2543 on: April 02, 2020, 09:40:45 AM »

You are correct. I meant to say "rate of" growth. All epidemics show exponential growth in the beginning because no one has immunity yet and the virus is its original form. As it spreads a few things happen: 1) the pool of people with no antibodies will shrink 2) people who have it and get very sick will stop moving about and 3) the virus will mutate - often to a less dangerous form. So the growth rate plateaus and then decreases. This is the basis for what is generically "Farr's Law "

https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S2468042718300101

Hypertrophy - who occasionally screws up on his posts

Griffith

• Getbig V
« Reply #2544 on: April 02, 2020, 10:03:01 AM »

Exactly.

Teutonic Knight 1

• Getbig IV
« Reply #2545 on: April 02, 2020, 12:37:18 PM »
I just sent China a bill for $750,000,000,000,000.  I except full payment via Venmo tomorrow.

China use Yuans, not $  ;) !.

Army of One

• Getbig V
« Reply #2546 on: April 02, 2020, 02:09:14 PM »

ebola spreads to as many people but they show symptoms almost immediately and most of them die, stopping outbreaks early.Same with sars and mers showing symptoms early, so its easy to isolate and stop spread.

The real kicker with Covid19 is some people are not showing symptoms til weeks later,while still spreading, making it almost impossible to stop unless you lockdown. So you either lockdown everyone and the economy crashes, or you let it run wild and eventually hospitals get overloaded, and then the knock on effects crash the economy.Thats why its a mix of lockdown then back to work, keeping the curve flat.

I think there is a good chance hydroxychloroquine will be proven to work, plus when tests are available everywhere, then this lockdown will end.

Dave D

• Getbig V
« Reply #2547 on: April 02, 2020, 02:14:25 PM »
ebola spreads to as many people but they show symptoms almost immediately and most of them die, stopping outbreaks early.Same with sars and mers showing symptoms early, so its easy to isolate and stop spread.

The real kicker with Covid19 is some people are not showing symptoms til weeks later, making it almost impossible to stop unless you lockdown. So you either lockdown everyone and the economy crashes, or you let it run wild and eventually hospitals get overloaded, and then the knock on effects crash the economy.Thats why its a mix of lockdown then back to work, keeping the curve flat.

I think there is a good chance hydroxychloroquine will be proven to work, plus when tests are available everywhere, then this lockdown will end.

Army how did you become a disease expert?

illuminati

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • The Strongest Shall Survive.- - Lest we Forget.
« Reply #2548 on: April 02, 2020, 02:15:25 PM »

The real kicker with Covid19 is some people are not showing symptoms til weeks later, making it almost impossible to stop unless you lockdown. So you either lockdown everyone and the economy crashes, or you let it run wild and eventually hospitals get overloaded, and then the knock on effects crash the economy.Thats why its a mix of lockdown then back to work, keeping the curve flat.

Or Get the best available medication out to as many as possible in fact everyone if possible
Bullocks to Martial Law - 24hr lock up.

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #2549 on: April 02, 2020, 02:16:53 PM »
My best friend was just diagnosed with COVID19 and my cousin may have it.  :o :o
X