Author Topic: Johnnie O Jackson - How Branch Warren Trained Me Out of Retirement  (Read 6930 times)

pellius

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith Jones aka OnlyMe/NoWorries. 1/10/2011
Re: Johnnie O Jackson - How Branch Warren Trained Me Out of Retirement
« Reply #50 on: March 01, 2020, 07:09:27 PM »
So, lifting like these two clowns is challenging themselves? To live?

It may not be something you and I would do but they obviously live for it. There are countless examples. Why someone would pay over a 100 grand just to climb a mountain under the harshes conditions and possibly die as they see their path littered with the remains of dead bodies that came before them is something that is also not my thing. But those who did it said it was an experience like no other.

That's what some people live for. The experience and the feeling of exhilaration it gives them. Others believe that the purpose in life is to exist as long and unscathed as possible.

To each their own.

joswift

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #51 on: March 02, 2020, 01:37:14 AM »
Exactly! People just think money and ego. They never think that maybe a person just wants to accomplish something in life: to challenge themselves, to take themselves beyond limits that they didn't think was possible. To live!

its not money but its definitely ego... its what drives everyone

People become multi millionaires in their chosen field but carry on doing it because of the satisfaction they get from being recognised...

pellius

• Getbig V
« Reply #52 on: March 02, 2020, 02:02:50 AM »
its not money but its definitely ego... its what drives everyone

People become multi millionaires in their chosen field but carry on doing it because of the satisfaction they get from being recognised...

Or they just enjoy it. I don't get money or praise for my physique in real life but I still train because I enjoy it.

joswift

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #53 on: March 02, 2020, 02:59:46 AM »
Or they just enjoy it. I don't get money or praise for my physique in real life but I still train because I enjoy it.

you are proud of looking good, thats ego...

pellius

• Getbig V
« Reply #54 on: March 03, 2020, 01:32:49 AM »
you are proud of looking good, thats ego...

It's amazing how you know more about complete strangers than they do themselves. I'm surprised you haven't exploded being so full of yourself.