Author Topic: Coronavirus - Stock Market Crash / Economic Impact  (Read 28947 times)

Mayday

• Getbig IV
Re: Coronavirus - Stock Market Crash / Economic Impact
« Reply #150 on: April 07, 2020, 06:50:14 AM »
On a news note, so many spastics jumped into the sharemarket our reserve bank said they are reducing QE lol.

Idiotic, record.breaking rallies during a global pandemic that has shut down the entire globe. People about to get burned hard.

FitnessFrenzy

• Getbig V
  • evolving
« Reply #151 on: April 13, 2020, 01:59:43 AM »

Griffith

• Getbig V
« Reply #152 on: April 13, 2020, 03:17:59 AM »
My investments are recovering nicely.

SOMEPARTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #153 on: April 14, 2020, 10:50:16 PM »

SOMEPARTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #154 on: April 14, 2020, 10:52:30 PM »
This demand shutdown is like a tsunami. The earthquake happened but the wave will take a while to develop.

Again, the world economy operates on perpetual growth models....everything.

In fact what the USA is doing is akin to a reset. Who heads the country? The king of bankruptcy.

Everyone knows the first to fail gets the best restructure terms and those that follow get less and less.

FitnessFrenzy

• Getbig V
  • evolving
« Reply #155 on: April 15, 2020, 11:20:03 AM »

kreator

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #156 on: April 15, 2020, 11:41:45 AM »
The more i hear about this virus the more i think it’s a hoax or a scheme for something else.  Somewhere around 1300 confirmed cases here with a population of 2 million. 61 deaths, mostly in nursing homes. Weird how many nursing homes are affected by this thing since visitors have not been allowed to enter the buildings for some time now. As if someone deliberately brought the virus to vulnerable people so we could get the numbers up.

nzmusclemonster

• Getbig V
  • Serenity Now!
« Reply #157 on: April 15, 2020, 01:57:47 PM »
"Be greedy when others are fearful, be fearful when others are greedy."

The fear mongering is getting louder and is coming from the people that didn't dollar cost average down, or sat there trying to time the market.

Most have no concept of what trillions of dollars means.
P

SOMEPARTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #158 on: April 15, 2020, 02:05:37 PM »
"Be greedy when others are fearful, be fearful when others are greedy."

The fear mongering is getting louder and is coming from the people that didn't dollar cost available down, or sat there trying to time the market.

Most have no concept of what trillions of dollars means.

Another stock market cultist that thinks things are going to be the same. The game has changed fundamentally.

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #159 on: April 15, 2020, 02:24:55 PM »

Another stock market cultist that thinks things are going to be the same. The game has changed fundamentally.

How so?  Unlike what the average Joe has been let to believe by the "experts", the stock market is and always has been unpredictable, with new patterns always emerging and replacing old patterns.  How is it any different now?

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #160 on: April 15, 2020, 02:47:11 PM »
The more i hear about this virus the more i think it’s a hoax or a scheme for something else.  Somewhere around 1300 confirmed cases here with a population of 2 million. 61 deaths, mostly in nursing homes. Weird how many nursing homes are affected by this thing since visitors have not been allowed to enter the buildings for some time now. As if someone deliberately brought the virus to vulnerable people so we could get the numbers up.

As I’ve said, the scam is in the testing. People with compromised immune systems are more likely to come up positive. After that, regardless of how they die it’s labeled as Corona..

It was the exact same thing with aids back in the 80s. We were also told that it was going to explode into the general population. Meanwhile, 35 years later Ron Jeremy is still alive.

SOMEPARTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #161 on: April 15, 2020, 03:15:44 PM »
How so?  Unlike what the average Joe has been let to believe by the "experts", the stock market is and always has been unpredictable, with new patterns always emerging and replacing old patterns.  How is it any different now?

The Fed has never bought everything like they are now, just for starters. They are both vastly increasing the money supply and using the PPT to buy all markets at the same time.

The market is broken at the most basic level....finding market value. This is not simply a "pattern" you can time or dance around.

If the Fed didn't buy like that - equities would find their true value(certainly not DOW 23k with half the country shut down for a month), that is an honest risk/reward system. We have made the market being inflated artificially a national security issue and basically ended natural supply and demand forces in our own markets.

As a small investor you have to look at all that and know it is not being done on your behalf. If not, as I said before you are a cultist living in the 90s financially and ignoring the obvious future perils of these actions.

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #162 on: April 16, 2020, 08:30:26 AM »

The Fed has never bought everything like they are now, just for starters. They are both vastly increasing the money supply and using the PPT to buy all markets at the same time.

The market is broken at the most basic level....finding market value. This is not simply a "pattern" you can time or dance around.

If the Fed didn't buy like that - equities would find their true value(certainly not DOW 23k with half the country shut down for a month), that is an honest risk/reward system. We have made the market being inflated artificially a national security issue and basically ended natural supply and demand forces in our own markets.

As a small investor you have to look at all that and know it is not being done on your behalf. If not, as I said before you are a cultist living in the 90s financially and ignoring the obvious future perils of these actions.

LOL...cultist.   ;D

Not sure what your definition of cultist is, but I believe investing in the stock market isn't the only way to accumulate wealth.  You should know that by now if you've paid attention to my posts on the subject.  And I am under no delusion that anything is being done on my behalf.  Calling someone a "cultist" because they disagree with you is no argument at all.

Everything you said above is no different than what has already been said about the stock market throughout history:  When abandoning the gold standard in 1973, with the creation of the PPT in 1988, with the creation of the TSLF in 2008, and so on and so forth.  Same crap, different day.

There is currently no proof that the government is "using the PPT to buy all markets at the same time."  It's a conspiracy theory.

Maybe it's true, but either way that would be no different than private bankers and financiers in the late 19th and early 20th century who, during financial panics, would step in to shore up the stock market with massive purchases.  Same crap, different day.

SOMEPARTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #163 on: April 16, 2020, 09:33:24 AM »
LOL...cultist.   ;D

Not sure what your definition of cultist is, but I believe investing in the stock market isn't the only way to accumulate wealth.  You should know that by now if you've paid attention to my posts on the subject.  And I am under no delusion that anything is being done on my behalf.  Calling someone a "cultist" because they disagree with you is no argument at all.

Everything you said above is no different than what has already been said about the stock market throughout history:  When abandoning the gold standard in 1973, with the creation of the PPT in 1988, with the creation of the TSLF in 2008, and so on and so forth.  Same crap, different day.

There is currently no proof that the government is "using the PPT to buy all markets at the same time."  It's a conspiracy theory.

Maybe it's true, but either way that would be no different than private bankers and financiers in the late 19th and early 20th century who, during financial panics, would step in to shore up the stock market with massive purchases.  Same crap, different day.

A stock market cultist is somebody who refuses to acknowledge the growing counterparty risk. The boiling frog analogy applies here.

You are talking about 100 years ago when we have the issue below that is nothing like before. Keep in mind that graphic is before Covid-19....it's much worse than this.

We've printed what - 6 TRILLION in the last month? Rates near zero and likely going negative. Bond market is trashed.

Can anyone be aware of these issues and think that their money is safe for the next 20-30 years or whatever your retirement exit strategy is?

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #164 on: April 16, 2020, 09:41:52 AM »

A stock market cultist is somebody who refuses to acknowledge the growing counterparty risk. The boiling frog analogy applies here.

You are talking about 100 years ago when we have the issue below that is nothing like before. Keep in mind that graphic is before Covid-19....it's much worse than this.

We've printed what - 6 TRILLION in the last month?

1973, 1988, and 2008 was 100 years ago?  Are you a visitor from the future?

Sure, this time it's different.  I never heard that before.   :D

There is always growing risk with any investment, and there're never guarantees.  Choose investments with the level of risk that you can tolerate, and be content with the returns (mediocre or exceptional) you receive from your choices.  

Everybody wanna get exceptional returns, but nobody wanna take no heavy @$$ risks.   :)

SOMEPARTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #165 on: April 16, 2020, 10:38:20 AM »
either way that would be no different than private bankers and financiers in the late 19th and early 20th century who, during financial panics, would step in to shore up the stock market with massive purchases.  Same crap, different day.

...like I said.

My opinion is to be in the market as a passive long term investor - like you Jack Bogles on here claim you are - you would have to believe that it is fundamentally sound. It's clearly not.

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #166 on: April 16, 2020, 10:43:58 AM »

...like I said.

Like I said, same crap different day.

Hypertrophy

• Getbig V
« Reply #167 on: April 16, 2020, 10:46:32 AM »

Douchebag - you know jackshit about the economy. You spend all day on Getbig trying to "educate" us. Oh brother.

SOMEPARTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #168 on: April 16, 2020, 10:49:00 AM »
Douchebag - you know jackshit about the economy. You spend all day on Getbig trying to "educate" us. Oh brother.

You sound like you lost 40% in the market or something. Guess you don't like a different point of view.

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #169 on: April 16, 2020, 10:59:45 AM »
My opinion is to be in the market as a passive long term investor - like you Jack Bogles on here claim you are - you would have to believe that it is fundamentally sound. It's clearly not.

That's your opinion, which by the way it happens to be the same opinion of fund managers, financial advisors, stock brokers, whole life insurance salesmen, and other hardened criminals and conartists since the creation of the first index fund in 1975.

Same crap, different day.

SOMEPARTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #170 on: April 16, 2020, 11:10:38 AM »
That's your opinion, which by the way it happens to be the same opinion of fund managers, financial advisors, stock brokers, whole life insurance salesmen, and other hardened criminals and conartists since the creation of the first index fund in 1975.

Same crap, different day.

Haha, okay man. Fair enough. Timing is a lot of it for me as far as the pre-tax benefit, etc. I have no intention on waiting until 70 to retire.

I'm just glad I don't live in one of these states that plans on being closed until June. Total madness..

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #171 on: April 16, 2020, 11:11:36 AM »

Haha, okay man. Fair enough. Timing is a lot of it for me as far as the pre-tax benefit, etc. I have no intention on waiting until 70 to retire.

I'm just glad I don't live in one of these states that plans on being closed until June. Total madness..

Good luck to you.  I mean it.

FitnessFrenzy

• Getbig V
  • evolving
« Reply #172 on: April 21, 2020, 11:37:09 AM »

SOMEPARTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #173 on: April 21, 2020, 03:24:36 PM »

Agree. When Fed takes the market off life support there will be potential for a huge downside...if the Fed allows it. They may swoop back in and buy everything until it really breaks the whole system.

I think consumers in general and small businesses who make it through this will be ready to be optimistic but there will be some lasting labor, social and supply chain issues and those issues affect even the Amazons and other business giants of the world.

I don't wish the market to go down in Trump's re-election year but you have to know this whole thing is on wobbly training wheels right now.

Griffith

• Getbig V
« Reply #174 on: April 21, 2020, 04:02:12 PM »

Agree. When Fed takes the market off life support there will be potential for a huge downside...if the Fed allows it. They may swoop back in and buy everything until it really breaks the whole system.

I think consumers in general and small businesses who make it through this will be ready to be optimistic but there will be some lasting labor, social and supply chain issues and those issues affect even the Amazons and other business giants of the world.

I don't wish the market to go down in Trump's re-election year but you have to know this whole thing is on wobbly training wheels right now.

And businesses will be shutting down across the world leading to higher global unemployment.