Author Topic: What is the "deal" with Tom Prince?  (Read 17838 times)

HowieW

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
What is the "deal" with Tom Prince?
« on: April 17, 2006, 08:25:44 PM »
I have a lot of respct for Tom Prince being a pro bodybuilder and being so candid about how his reckless drug use  ruined his health overall. I also believe he has a masters in English Lit and is pretty sharp guy.
However, when I saw him in the recent Chic pre masters show video, I had mixed feelings.
At first , I thought it kinda cool that he is still active in the sport, ya know helping Bob get ready.
On the other, it was kinda sad, I mean after he went thru, one would think he would use his education and leave this crazy sport behind.
Kelly Ryan married well!  Free Titus!

what:

• Getbig III
  • 2008 Mr. Getbig Premium Sponsor!!!!!
Re: What is the "deal" with Tom Prince?
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2006, 08:28:43 PM »
I have a lot of respct for Tom Prince being a pro bodybuilder and being so candid about how his reckless drug use  ruined his health overall. I also believe he has a masters in English Lit and is pretty sharp guy.
However, when I saw him in the recent Chic pre masters show video, I had mixed feelings.
At first , I thought it kinda cool that he is still active in the sport, ya know helping Bob get ready.
On the other, it was kinda sad, I mean after he went thru, one would think he would use his education and leave this crazy sport behind.

Tom has never said that reckless drug use ruined his health.  He's adament that it was Advil that damaged his kidneys and that he never used much gear.

tom joad

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2006, 08:33:27 PM »
Tom has never said that reckless drug use ruined his health.  He's adament that it was Advil that damaged his kidneys and that he never used much gear.

It boggles the mind how much denial some of these pros are in.  Sad.

ManBearPig...

• Getbig V
  • Professional Fighter
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2006, 08:37:57 PM »
does anyone know anyone with a "masters in english lit" who actually uses that masters for other than knowing how to spell "barista" properly?
Deep Tissue Massage

FOR REAL

• Getbig III
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2006, 08:38:49 PM »
tom prince is a mess and never was candid about his drug use..  he never mentioned the ungodly amounts of drugs he took (advil doesnt cause kidney failure folks)- see nubain, and loads of steroids and who knows what else..

BroadStreetBruiser

• Getbig V
  • "In Falcon We Trust"
« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2006, 08:55:25 PM »
I know many political science majors that debate their dates to boredom
$

Billy Rosewood

• Time Out
  • Getbig III
  • Love is a Force of Nature
« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2006, 09:03:38 PM »
does anyone know anyone with a "masters in english lit" who actually uses that masters for other than knowing how to spell "barista" properly?

The fact is, given the credibility of most bodybuilders, its highly unlikely that Tom graduated college, let alone earned a masters degree.  If he did, at the very least he could be teaching english or earning a living wage in some manner that capitalized on it. 
Rusty Owns Chick's Soul

MisterMagoo

• Getbig V
  • And now, what joy will I have left to live for?
« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2006, 09:22:39 PM »
It boggles the mind how much denial some of these pros are in.  Sad.

it makes sense. take some kidney-toxic steroids and have a massive advil addiction and they are going to turn into mush. if it was the steroids alone that did it to him everyone would be in his state.

Billy Rosewood

• Time Out
  • Getbig III
  • Love is a Force of Nature
« Reply #8 on: April 17, 2006, 09:24:34 PM »

Maybe it was the combination of those two. 
Rusty Owns Chick's Soul

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: April 17, 2006, 10:08:32 PM »
"Advil"  ::)   Oh brother!
Not so far fetched,

''Ibuprofen can shut down your kidneys,'' said Dr. Claudia Kawas of the Johns Hopkins School of Medicine. ''That would be a terrible thing to do while trying to prevent something you might not even get.''

http://www.lubbockonline.com/news/031097/ibuprofe.htm

LuciusFox

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: April 17, 2006, 10:08:49 PM »
As far as Tom in college, Jay Cutler told me that Tom was a swimmer in college.  And why is it so hard to believe that he has a masters?

Because even on a bodybuilding board, people think bodybuilders are morons. They don't know the difference between intelligence and decision making.

Hurricane Beef !

• Getbig V
  • Beat Coach, Wes & Chaos So Bad . . .
« Reply #11 on: April 17, 2006, 11:44:03 PM »
what chic would be slightly attracted to prince?? the guy is sick with  major health problems, his face is ugly and his body looks boney....so there will be no swinging there. maybe in the past since the wife is quite the whore...then again why would she let him know she is fuckin around it will just break his heart...remember she "only fucks pros" so why dragging him along with her? meet 2 real bodybuilders in hotel/motel and have some fun...then go back to 180lb hubby. you get what you ask for buddy ;)

What do you mean 180lb hubby? Here is an article on Flex On Line where they state he is 230lbs.

http://www.flexonline.com/train/69

The Beef.

KevinP85

• Getbig IV
« Reply #12 on: April 18, 2006, 12:44:25 AM »
tom prince is a mess and never was candid about his drug use..  he never mentioned the ungodly amounts of drugs he took (advil doesnt cause kidney failure folks)- see nubain, and loads of steroids and who knows what else..

If I recall correctly he did mention that he used a lot of steriods back in the dec 03 or jan 04 issue of Flex. He said something along the lines to the doctors, "if I told you how much stuff I was on, get ready to get a pen and a notebook."

dearth

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #13 on: April 18, 2006, 01:12:50 AM »
"gear doesn't make a pro" - 180lb version of tom prince who claims to be 230lb

Rimbaud

• Getbig V
  • There can be only one.
« Reply #14 on: April 18, 2006, 02:58:31 AM »
What do you mean 180lb hubby? Here is an article on Flex On Line where they state he is 230lbs.

http://www.flexonline.com/train/69

The Beef.

I don't really care what Tom Prince weighs but if you watch the Bodybuilding.com show that has Chick getting ready for the Masters you can tell that Tom ain't 230.

natural al

• Getbig V
  • like it or don't, learn to live with it..whooooooo
« Reply #15 on: April 18, 2006, 04:19:48 AM »
when I was younger I worked with the public alot.  During this time I contracted an airborne virus that attacked my liver and spleen.  It was described as a form of hepatitus caused by infectious mononucleousus.  I was told by doctors that my liver was pretty screwed up but the liver can regenerate...anyway I was told to stay away from advil during this time because it has a tendency to put alot of stress on the liver.  If Tom took as much as he says, I believe that could have caused alot of liver damage but I'm sure the roids didn't help.
nasser=piece of shit

bigdumbbell

• Getbig V
  • Bon Voyage !
« Reply #16 on: April 18, 2006, 04:39:48 AM »

The fact is, given the credibility of most bodybuilders, its highly unlikely that Tom graduated college, let alone earned a masters degree.  If he did, at the very least he could be teaching english or earning a living wage in some manner that capitalized on it. 

didnt he write for the magazines?

IceCold

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #17 on: April 18, 2006, 05:28:13 AM »
i believe around 97 or so Tom was teacing english at the university of miami.  this was in flex, but who knows if it's true.  never heard much else about it.
R.I.P. DIMEBAG DARRELL ABBOTT (1966-2004)

natural al

• Getbig V
  • like it or don't, learn to live with it..whooooooo
« Reply #18 on: April 18, 2006, 05:41:23 AM »
I remember reading really early on that Tom was working towards a masters in Lit.  This was before he hit the national scene..I think it was in Muscle beach news in musclemag..the story has been pretty consistant over the years so I have no reason to believe this isn't true.  I guess he's involved in BB because he enjoys doing it and he's probably making a ton of money working with guys like Jonnie Jackson and Bob.
nasser=piece of shit

littleguns

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: April 18, 2006, 06:03:36 AM »
By no mean am I defending Tom as I think he has painted "some of the picture"

Could Advil be a factor is the shutting down of his kidneys? Perhaps. Lets not forget diuretics can also harm kidneys...

I found this online...

http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/kidney-failure/DS00280/DSECTION=3

Scroll down to Drugs

From another article...

In addition, drug overdose, excessive use of alcohol, long-term use of pain medications such as aspirin, acetaminophen (Tylenol, others) and ibuprofen (Advil, Motrin, others), and treatment with the antibiotics streptomycin or gentamicin can increase your vulnerability to kidney failure.

Tom knows he is finished so wy not live Vicariously through his clients...

JDK

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #20 on: April 18, 2006, 06:14:44 AM »
what is nubain and what is the reason for use?

bigtraps

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #21 on: April 18, 2006, 06:27:43 AM »
masters in English Lit

What school is the degree from? 

And 230 pounds?  This guy looks like Robin Gibbs from the Bee Gees.  Come on.

Rearden Metal

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Honey Badger cuz he don't Care.
« Reply #22 on: April 18, 2006, 06:44:12 AM »
what is nubain and what is the reason for use?

It's a painkiller, and it's addictive, like most painkillers.

IMO the kidney failures you are seeing are a combination of diuretics, painkillers and prolonged oral steroid use.

freeagain

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #23 on: April 18, 2006, 06:50:58 AM »
It's a painkiller, and it's addictive, like most painkillers.

IMO the kidney failures you are seeing are a combination of diuretics, painkillers and prolonged oral steroid use.

and rediculous amounts of protein day in day out , year in year out .... all these factors have a cumulative effect!

pro-bodybuildin is hazardous to the kydneys , fullstop!

puredrive

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #24 on: April 18, 2006, 06:53:48 AM »
i dont see it being the nubain so much as it was the insane amounts of protein, the diuretics, the gear, the insulin, the GH, the IGF, the 50 vitamin and mineral tablets he probably took a day, the extreme dieting, and the other rec drugs that he took. i have heard from some that he was a cocktail man who liked to mix some white powdery stuff with nubain and hit that. but that was what someone from venice had told me before. i dont know that for a fact.