Author Topic: Rules & Guidelines - Gossip & Opinions Board  (Read 16628 times)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Re: Rules & Guidelines - Gossip & Opinions Board
« Reply #50 on: April 22, 2006, 03:04:15 PM »
Actually I find it quite the funny.

THOOOOOOOOOOOOOPER!!!!

thisiskeith12

« Reply #51 on: April 22, 2006, 03:38:16 PM »

suckmymuscle

« Reply #52 on: April 23, 2006, 07:34:08 PM »
Why not just call the site mayhem 2 we  will all get the message and move on!

You have no idea of what you're talking about. Mayhem 2? Dude, if you have ever posted on Mayhem, you'd know just how incredibly unfair and bitchy what you just wrote is to Ron >:(. I've posted on Mayhem for years and also at bodybuilding.com, elitefitness, etc and I assure you that the getbig.com message board is BY FAR the most free-speech friendly of them all. This is the ONLY bodybuilding board, hell, make that internet board, where you can use express yourself forcefully, even by using foul language and not only not get banned, but not even be warned by the moderators! While that is wonderful, it also opens too much opportunity for abuse. I wrote Ron and he agreed with me that it had to stop. Good to see that he has common sense... :)

SUCKMYMUSCLE

blinky

• Getbig V
« Reply #53 on: April 25, 2006, 12:49:17 AM »
Thank you Ron ...some of the old members stopped posting or simply reduced their amount of posts to minimum just because this board started to sound more and more like a playground for kids.

thanx ron..its about time.

this post is perfect reason as to why

Hugh G. Reqshun

• Getbig II
« Reply #54 on: April 25, 2006, 07:23:37 AM »
Very true Ron!

I didn't bother logging in for a while because of all the negativity, it got beyond a joke!

It's about time we had some constructive criticism in these boards instead of all this mindless childish behaviour!

- Hugh G. Reqshun

LuciusFox

• Getbig V
« Reply #55 on: April 25, 2006, 07:25:56 AM »
Very true Ron!

I didn't bother logging in for a while because of all the negativity, it got beyond a joke!

It's about time we had some constructive criticism in these boards instead of all this mindless childish behaviour!

- Hugh G. Reqshun

Good point. I hope your name is not pronounced phonetically ;D

War-Horse

• Getbig V
« Reply #56 on: April 25, 2006, 06:16:31 PM »

Good point. I hope your name is not pronounced phonetically ;D

LMAO, See that is clean but funny.   Foxy for President!!! ;D

MaxRep,  Glad you try to keep it clean, please remind the mods as time goes by to keep the "squad" in their forum...........They give us all a headache,  with the "oh brother" and gay crap.
                                                        Thanks.  War-horse. 8)

LuciusFox

• Getbig V
« Reply #57 on: April 25, 2006, 06:20:27 PM »
LMAO, See that is clean but funny.   Foxy for President!!! ;D

MaxRep,  Glad you try to keep it clean, please remind the mods as time goes by to keep the "squad" in their forum...........They give us all a headache,  with the "oh brother" and gay crap.
                                                        Thanks.  War-horse. 8)

Hey War-Horse, how's life treating you?

War-Horse

• Getbig V
« Reply #58 on: April 25, 2006, 06:26:42 PM »

Check your PM's in a minute bro. 8)

Bigger Business

• Getbig V
  • FKN Gym Wear
« Reply #59 on: April 26, 2006, 04:24:43 AM »

Luciusfox taken time for his 'fan'

War-Horse

• Getbig V
« Reply #60 on: April 26, 2006, 08:07:15 AM »

If you knew who he really was, youd be flattered too. 8)

Bigger Business

• Getbig V
  • FKN Gym Wear
« Reply #61 on: April 26, 2006, 08:36:47 AM »
If you knew who he really was, youd be flattered too. 8)

that dopey guy from full house?

War-Horse

• Getbig V
« Reply #62 on: April 26, 2006, 08:44:22 AM »

that dopey guy from full house?

Nope.  Try again. :D

Bigger Business

• Getbig V
  • FKN Gym Wear
« Reply #63 on: April 26, 2006, 09:08:06 AM »
ummmmmmmmm nope cant get past that guy

its him isnt it!?

LuciusFox

• Getbig V
« Reply #64 on: April 26, 2006, 09:31:16 AM »

He's my pal, not my fan. The only guy he's a big fan of is Jesus Christ. ;D

xavmaster

• Getbig II
« Reply #65 on: April 26, 2006, 09:38:56 PM »
I'm all for a cleaner board i'm always possitive  :)

Adam Empire

• Getbig IV
  • Gobias Industries
« Reply #66 on: April 27, 2006, 12:10:00 PM »
--------------SUGGESTION FOR RON--------------------

Ron, I know many people have been complaining of moved and delted threads - so then they start a new thread (soon to also be moved or deleted) with a title "Where did my thread about ______ go?"  Maybe the following would help:

1) Like Hedgehog does, when ALL threads are moved the title changes to "Moved: _________" so people can at least see that it was moved and not deleted

2) Always ensure that they are able to see where it was moved to.  This will a) let them find their own thread, b) help them learn where the thread should have gone in the first place.

3) When a thread is deleted, the title should be changed to "Deleted:_________" then has a reason when you click on it.  It will keep the Pros honest that are mods and help others see who is deleting.  I think it is only fair to know who is deleting threads to ensure that there are not personal agendas here.  Too many rumors and bad blood over deleting threads lately.

4) When a post is deleted, it shouldn't just disappear all together.  I've seen other boards state "Post #3 of this thread was deleted" - then add a short reason like "vulgarity".  Again, this will give members feedback on what is taking things too far...

Just some ideas - trying to keep this place fun for all...
Motherboy (the band).

LuciusFox

• Getbig V
« Reply #67 on: April 27, 2006, 01:04:05 PM »

Ron, I know many people have been complaining of moved and delted threads - so then they start a new thread (soon to also be moved or deleted) with a title "Where did my thread about ______ go?"  Maybe the following would help:

1) Like Hedgehog does, when ALL threads are moved the title changes to "Moved: _________" so people can at least see that it was moved and not deleted

2) Always ensure that they are able to see where it was moved to.  This will a) let them find their own thread, b) help them learn where the thread should have gone in the first place.

3) When a thread is deleted, the title should be changed to "Deleted:_________" then has a reason when you click on it.  It will keep the Pros honest that are mods and help others see who is deleting.  I think it is only fair to know who is deleting threads to ensure that there are not personal agendas here.  Too many rumors and bad blood over deleting threads lately.

4) When a post is deleted, it shouldn't just disappear all together.  I've seen other boards state "Post #3 of this thread was deleted" - then add a short reason like "vulgarity".  Again, this will give members feedback on what is taking things too far...

Great suggestions

MikeThaMachine

• Getbig V
  • WTF Happened, BBing Is Dead. I Didn't Miss A Thing
« Reply #68 on: April 27, 2006, 01:14:35 PM »

Yeah it really throws things off when you happen to read somthin before it was deleted and then 2min later it's gone and things that were said now make no sense because of a deleted post. Also i agree with putting a reason for deletion so that people know where this "line" is and don't cross it.
I

bigdumbbell

• Getbig V
  • Bon Voyage !
« Reply #69 on: April 27, 2006, 02:45:14 PM »
5   idea doesnt conform to the moderator's agenda therefore it's deleted

blinky

• Getbig V
« Reply #70 on: April 27, 2006, 04:03:48 PM »

good idea

MisterGX

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #71 on: April 30, 2006, 10:28:12 AM »
Exactly.  But Shawn would post mean pics, then delete any responses from me.  That isn't cool behavior form a moderator.

That's because he doesn't like you.  He actually hates the fact the you even exist.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #72 on: April 30, 2006, 01:28:51 PM »
That's because he doesn't like you.  He actually hates the fact the you even exist.

Fans don't boo nobodies!

LuciusFox

• Getbig V
« Reply #73 on: April 30, 2006, 03:30:05 PM »
Fans don't boo nobodies!

You're not a nobody, you're a bum! ;D

War-Horse

• Getbig V
« Reply #74 on: April 30, 2006, 03:33:59 PM »

You're not a nobody, you're a bum! ;D