Author Topic: Tiger King - on Netflix - Discuss  (Read 12320 times)

Pet shop boys

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Re: Tiger King - on Netflix - Discuss
« Reply #50 on: March 31, 2020, 07:30:13 AM »

Uh?

Russia

India

Dubai, India

LOL

I'm sure you can find a picture of a chick next to an exotic animal in just about every corner of the planet ....keep looking  ;D

WoooSHHHHHHHHHHHHH   ROCK ME AMADEUS

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #51 on: March 31, 2020, 07:36:28 AM »

LOL

I'm sure you can find a picture of a chick next to an exotic animal in just about every corner of the planet ....keep looking  ;D

WoooSHHHHHHHHHHHHH   ROCK ME AMADEUS

No.  There have been for a long time reports of this being a problem in those three countries.

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #52 on: March 31, 2020, 11:29:24 AM »
Wait you mean an entertainment based medium isnt truthful and has underlying motives?

Its good we have CNN, MSNBC and FOX NEWS to feed us unbiased truth. And the internet.

As for the husband why would he have faked his death so the wife could wait 5 years, claim his fortune and remarry 3 months later?

I guess it makes sense if he hated his adult children so much that he wanted to see them suffer, thinking he was dead .

Thats a good question. When they were talking about how much he was worth, it varied from 5 million to 10 million I think.Even his lawyer didn't really know. If I'm not mistaken some also spoke of him hiding money around. If he did fake his death, I would imagine he had taken the time to accumulate enough cash to live comfortably. Even if it were 4 million, you can live pretty comfortably in Costa Rica and other places on that. They didn't really cover his relationship with his children that much from what I recall. I'm not sure how much that would factor in.

Kwon

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
Q

Kwon

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #54 on: March 31, 2020, 11:54:51 AM »
Q

Dave D

• Getbig V
« Reply #55 on: March 31, 2020, 12:27:46 PM »
Thats a good question. When they were talking about how much he was worth, it varied from 5 million to 10 million I think.Even his lawyer didn't really know. If I'm not mistaken some also spoke of him hiding money around. If he did fake his death, I would imagine he had taken the time to accumulate enough cash to live comfortably. Even if it were 4 million, you can live pretty comfortably in Costa Rica and other places on that. They didn't really cover his relationship with his children that much from what I recall. I'm not sure how much that would factor in.

Were you assuming the money he hid was illegal? In that case faking his death isn’t crazy and considering he wanted a divorce he may have wanted to hide those assets?

The police said they spent a week in Costa Rica and they didn’t find anything unusual.

It’s all interesting. Obviously as you said it an entertainment piece.

But the police are re examining the case so they’re obviously facing pressure and or embarrassment.

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #56 on: March 31, 2020, 03:36:41 PM »
Were you assuming the money he hid was illegal? In that case faking his death isn’t crazy and considering he wanted a divorce he may have wanted to hide those assets?

The police said they spent a week in Costa Rica and they didn’t find anything unusual.

It’s all interesting. Obviously as you said it an entertainment piece.

But the police are re examining the case so they’re obviously facing pressure and or embarrassment.

Yeah I was just reading an update from the Hillsborough SD. Apparently when they visited Costa Rica back then one of the security guards on Dons property said he had seen him since the disappearance.  The other security guard said he hadn't.

It could be a mixture of both certainly. Today we have technology like cell phone tracking, DNA testing that could have helped solve it. It's rare a 20+ year cold case gets solved but it does happen. Maybe the popularity of the series will be a key in it. 

hardgainerj

• Getbig V
« Reply #57 on: April 01, 2020, 12:51:15 PM »
I respect that. I tossed my nikes. I wear my red wings basically exclusively, outside of gym and my runs. I actually have no issues going on my dog walks with my boots, we will go a mile plus.
The Cadillac of boots, brother. Bought them for years

arent red wings made in china now?

BB

• Getbig V
  • I hope I'm not boring you.
« Reply #58 on: April 01, 2020, 01:22:44 PM »

About 1/2 now. These are the totally US models - http://www.redwingshoes.com/footwear/filter-usa .

Danner still makes a good amount in the US - https://www.danner.com/men/usa-made?sortId=position-asc .

And about 3/4 of Thorogood's stuff is still US - https://www.thorogoodusa.com/ .

Chippewa, who I've had luck with, still has a small selection of US models - www.chippewaboots.com/footwear/footwear_outdoor_shop-made-in-the-usa-outdoor-styles .

I think White's and WESCO are the only ones left that are near 100% US made now, granted they are a fair amount more expensive.

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #59 on: April 01, 2020, 01:40:30 PM »
I wonder how many members of that documentary post here?

lightweight83

• Getbig IV
« Reply #60 on: April 01, 2020, 02:15:51 PM »
Just finished episode 2, and really like it so far.  Spoilers ahead:

I disliked Carol within 1 minute of her being on camera.  She has to be the biggest hypocrite in the history of the world.  Her park is the biggest piece of shit I've ever seen, but is able to get dozens of far left volunteers to work for her because they think they are doing a good thing.  Unreal!

Neither of Joe "guys" husbands appeared to be gay on camera, and I honestly wonder if they married the  bastard because they loved working with the animals so much, and had nothing else to turn to. 

Rambone

• Getbig V
  • “Billy’s taking Art? What the hell for?”
« Reply #61 on: April 01, 2020, 03:35:03 PM »

I’ll have to look that up. I haven’t bought them in a year or two and went with some Carhartt waterproof boots that were lightweight and on sale for my latest pair. And the color is called “soggy brown”, so it’s Primemuscle approved!  :D

Dave D

• Getbig V
« Reply #62 on: April 01, 2020, 03:52:24 PM »
I’ll have to look that up. I haven’t bought them in a year or two and went with some Carhartt waterproof boots that were lightweight and on sale for my latest pair. And the color is called “soggy brown”, so it’s Primemuscle approved!  :D

Rambone would you mind dressing up in those soggy brown boots and matching coveralls and taking a trip to Big Cat Rescue for a little reconnaissance mission on behalf of your GB brethren?

I can’t offer you anything monetary, but you will have as much time to spend working with the cats as you like as well as my respect.

Rambone

• Getbig V
  • “Billy’s taking Art? What the hell for?”
« Reply #63 on: April 01, 2020, 04:00:37 PM »
Rambone would you mind dressing up in those soggy brown boots and matching coveralls and taking a trip to Big Cat Rescue for a little reconnaissance mission on behalf of your GB brethren?

I can’t offer you anything monetary, but you will have as much time to spend working with the cats as you like as well as my respect.

I’d love to big guy. I have no bias on this topic and also live in Florida, so I was meant for this job. After throwing on my pair of soggies, can I pick up fellow getbiggers before my journey west? I’ve got Shizzo to the north of me and big Mike Arvilla, Lurkernomore, and Ronnie Rep to the south!

Dave D

• Getbig V
« Reply #64 on: April 01, 2020, 04:10:53 PM »
I’d love to big guy. I have no bias on this topic and also live in Florida, so I was meant for this job. After throwing on my pair of soggies, can I pick up fellow getbiggers before my journey west? I’ve got Shizzo to the north of me and big Mike Arvilla, Lurkernomore, and Ronnie Rep to the south!

EXCELLENT IDEA!

The more brothers the better. If it’s not to much maybe you can grab Grant, PJ, Wiggs and Pamith as well? Going with a diverse group of individuals will really help us what is taking place on Carols ranch. I ve always believed you need as many perspectives as possible, it’s similar to assembling a jury.

I have a rule in life and it’s you can judge a person based on their treatment of Getbiggers in real life. Carol and Big Cat Rescue won’t be able to fake their opinions at out of this encounter.

BlackMetallic

• Getbig V
  • I am Jack's lack of HRT skills
« Reply #65 on: April 02, 2020, 01:33:23 AM »

lightweight83

• Getbig IV
« Reply #66 on: April 02, 2020, 03:53:28 AM »
I ended up finishing the entire series last night.  Show was pretty addicting and really good overall. 

Spoilers ahead:

In the end I felt for Joe, as there were multiple people who should have gone down with him, yet they worked with the feds and all of them walked scot free, wtf!??!  The only thing Joe did wrong was that he should have killed Carol himself.  Shit,  I would have killed the bitch if I was him lol.

And there is no way that Carol didn't kill her husband.  99.99% chance she did. 

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #67 on: April 02, 2020, 05:06:09 AM »

The only normal one in the documentary.
X

lightweight83

• Getbig IV
« Reply #68 on: April 02, 2020, 05:26:09 AM »
The only normal one in the documentary.

Seriously! 
When they showed the wedding pics of Carol and her cuck husband I was like WTFFFFFF?  Him in tiger underwear being walked on a leash by his wife on their wedding day, sweet baby jesus! lol

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #69 on: April 02, 2020, 05:37:59 AM »
Seriously! 
When they showed the wedding pics of Carol and her cuck husband I was like WTFFFFFF?  Him in tiger underwear being walked on a leash by his wife on their wedding day, sweet baby jesus! lol

It’s how a wedding would be between two getbiggers.
X

BB

• Getbig V
  • I hope I'm not boring you.
« Reply #70 on: April 02, 2020, 07:43:05 AM »

MAXX

• Getbig V
  • MAGA
« Reply #71 on: April 02, 2020, 08:19:39 AM »
Didn't know it was legal to own tigers(outside legal Zoo's) in USA.

Feels like something only done in third world shithole countries. But maybe that's what US is becoming.

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #72 on: April 02, 2020, 01:42:49 PM »
Just finished episode 2, and really like it so far.  Spoilers ahead:

I disliked Carol within 1 minute of her being on camera.  She has to be the biggest hypocrite in the history of the world.  Her park is the biggest piece of shit I've ever seen, but is able to get dozens of far left volunteers to work for her because they think they are doing a good thing.  Unreal!

Neither of Joe "guys" husbands appeared to be gay on camera, and I honestly wonder if they married the  bastard because they loved working with the animals so much, and had nothing else to turn to. 

By  now you may have reached the episode where they both reveal they aren't gay. One of them runs off with the secretary the other Darwins himself. But..... I don't know how that works... I love animals, but I can't even fathom being in a intimate relationship with another man to be able to hang with them.

lightweight83

• Getbig IV
« Reply #73 on: April 02, 2020, 01:50:27 PM »
By  now you may have reached the episode where they both reveal they aren't gay. One of them runs off with the secretary the other Darwins himself. But..... I don't know how that works... I love animals, but I can't even fathom being in a intimate relationship with another man to be able to hang with them.

Yep, I finished the series last night. 
I think it was a combination of loving the animals and being a massive drug addict, and having no one else to hook you up with meth other than good old Joe.
You could tell that Travis didn't want anything to do with Joe physically.  Pushing him away in several scenes.  The poor bastard must have really loved the meth if he's willing to screw a dude over it! lol

Dave D

• Getbig V
« Reply #74 on: April 02, 2020, 02:09:16 PM »

But what if the animal bought you meth? And cars and guns? At that point your only choice is to have sex with the animal.