Author Topic: Gary Strydom - Coming back?  (Read 11347 times)

Matt C

• Getbig V
  • The White Vince Goodrum
Gary Strydom - Coming back?
« on: April 18, 2006, 12:18:20 AM »
Is he?
Bodybuilding Pro.com

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Re: Gary Strydom - juicing for nothing?
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2006, 12:26:44 AM »
strydom is gonna flirt with the ny pro or one of the 5 ifbb scrub shows, then make a flying leap to the Priest & Prince show :)

BayGBM

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2006, 05:37:04 AM »
He has little incentive to compete these days.  Not much money to be won in masters contests and he may not be willing to kiss ass enough to be a judge favorite.

As for why he still juices...it’s part of his lifestyle.  If you have to get old, this is the way to do it.

jaejonna

• Getbig V
  • Head Asian of Getbig
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2006, 05:40:21 AM »
Not for nothing , I heard he has some awesome Myspace pics now
L

littleguns

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2006, 05:56:56 AM »
Some people need to use juice to keep the T Levels elevated after abusing AAS....heck if it is now truly prescribed, why not take advantage of this.

Let me say I have no knowledge of who uses and doesn't and I am not saying this is the case with Gary...

I would love to see him back in competition

HeartofSteel

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2006, 10:06:55 AM »
I just seen a recent pic of Gary and let me tell you... he looks amazing & he'll be at the Colorado!

-HOS
You gotta have HeartofSteel

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2006, 10:08:58 AM »
The Colorado Pro will be a nice springboard to Strydom's assault on the Night of Champions!

littleguns

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2006, 10:25:11 AM »
I hope so.  It will be good to see him back on stage.

Judging from both sets of his recent pictures, in one he was juicing, but in the next set he took it to another level.  I know he's rich, but I don't see the point of getting that jacked at his age if he doesn't plan to compete.

Could also be he's smart and doesn't want to get picked on by us getbiggers for shrinking down to 180...

freeagain

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #8 on: April 19, 2006, 11:58:33 AM »

the poor guy .. juicin at his age... feelin like a million dollars .. swole as a c'unt and ripped to the max... libido out of control and prolly bangin chicks 20 years his junior.... please someone rescue him from the nightmare !  ::)

BayGBM

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: April 19, 2006, 12:31:46 PM »
the poor guy .. juicin at his age... feelin like a million dollars .. swole as a c'unt and ripped to the max... libido out of control and prolly bangin chicks 20 years his junior.... please someone rescue him from the nightmare !  ::)

;D  Don’t you feel just terrible for him?  I do.  Maybe we can start a charity to save him from those horrors...?  Quick!  Call FEMA!

Al-Gebra

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: April 19, 2006, 12:37:09 PM »
The Colorado Pro will be a nice springboard to Strydom's assault on the Night of Champions!

it'll be good to see him on an NY stage.

body88

« Reply #11 on: April 19, 2006, 01:08:47 PM »
Matt he could be taking alot less than you think

body88

« Reply #12 on: April 19, 2006, 01:32:11 PM »
True. Either way he is killing himself for nothing. He should focus on modeling and advertisments with his look.

rufjunk

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #13 on: April 19, 2006, 01:40:34 PM »
This is none of our business but for someone to go back to using anabolics to "look better" and post pictures of himself on the internet is lame.

Maybe some people already do do this, but there are inadequacies in his life if he's turning to anabolics and trying to regrain his shape if this is all he has going.

Again, I said it's none of my business, but when I look at his pictures I see some one who hasn't learned anything from bodybuilding, he just lifts weights and pours his self esteem into his apperance. I haven't heard anything about his professional life, just all of a sudden after not training forever, he's tryiing to "go back to the past" and reshape his life.

This isn't the route.

I hope he's doing this for general health and he could willfully drop it for some thing more important, for him to turn to anabolics and think he's going to turn his life around now is ludicrus.

I wince when I look at his pictures.

This isn't a joke.

That's why bodybuilding can be detrimental. I wish him the best.

I wish I could compare this "mistake" to something more serious, like an aged football veteran tryign to regain his form and get back into the NFL when he's 55 because his wife left him. This is what I'm afriad of. If Gary's life is great and he's doing this for general health, why is he posting pictures of himself on the internet, much less in certain positions where he hides his muscle shape. Look at his chest. He should be improving in his life, not triyng to go back to the past and have the same body.

I can't stress enough that if I'm wrong, so be it. I'm just afriad I'm not and there are people here who have the same "inadequacies" and post shit like, "this is how an old guy is supposed to look".

rufjunk

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #14 on: April 19, 2006, 01:48:01 PM »
I would honestly take more pride in seeing Gary Strydom the person, whether his physique is in contest shape or not, whether you can see his obliques or if he has 20 inch arms. Why is he wearing jeans and sunglasses and why is he making a return to anabolics after so long?

This is actually tragic.

I even hear about how he's been training trying to regain his old form.

The pictures, the stories, the sunglasses with jeans and his hair all leave me to believe he's doing this some wrong reason thinking he's putting his life back together.

He's not.

and please don't encourage him if you think this is "cool dude". Many people do tragic things after demonstrating what he's doing. Again, I don't know about his personal life, but you have to take that into account where you hear about him and see this new photos.

There's nothing different between him thinking he's putting his life back together through anabolics, a hair peice, sunglasses, and jean layouts and the gay guy from MTV's true life thinking steroids will make all the gay guys at the club be in love with him. It's all the same psychological faults. He'll always feel the same way about himself, what's going to happen when he puts on 50 more pounds and his life is the exact freakign same? That's why this shit can be serious.

Al-Gebra

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: April 19, 2006, 01:52:02 PM »
Gary's got a very good head on his shoulders, and is as healthy as a horse.

whatever you say, Doctor. ::)

rufjunk

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #16 on: April 19, 2006, 01:54:03 PM »
Fortunately (for Gary), he's a multi-millionaire, and has more money than he'll ever need. You've got to understand that when you have a passion for something, and you are still able to successfully do that "something", it's kind of hard not to do it, nor should you have to. Gary's got a very good head on his shoulders, and is as healthy as a horse.

I'm glad he has a good head on his sholders.

I think the multi-millionaire stat is irrelevant. What does that have to do with anything? Does that means he's successful because he has money, this gives him more confidence and he won't fall into the same faulty thought processes?

Anyway, I'm being pretty annoying. But I'm glad he's healthy. It's hard not to notice all of these other things going around, all of a sudden some guy whose an ex-pro battling with his "muscle" statistics blows up and posts internet pictures. You don't really hear anything about his personal life.

Billy Rosewood

• Time Out
  • Getbig III
  • Love is a Force of Nature
« Reply #17 on: April 19, 2006, 01:58:19 PM »
Hey Sean,

When can we expect to see you back in your American Gladiators outfit.  Are you available for weddings/bar mitzvahs?
Rusty Owns Chick's Soul

rufjunk

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #18 on: April 19, 2006, 02:00:34 PM »
I can understand the speculation, but it's kind of hard to conjure up any theories without ever having met the guy or talked to him, ya know? Anyway, the guy loves to bodybuild, so he contiunes to do so. Nobody questioned Vince Taylor (who happens to be 3 years older) and his comeback.

Good point.

I'm always quick to jump into the self-apperance = self self worth card.

It's just what popped into my head when reading about him and seeing his beach pictures.

Also I've never met Vince Taylor nor Gary but I still fel we all have the right to be concerned and pass judgement. I'm concerned about him, if my concerns are totally wrong than so be it, my goal to help is still the same. I also have no clue about Vince Taylors return or why he returned, his situation might be be different.

LuciusFox

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: April 19, 2006, 02:02:29 PM »
 Gary looks great!

bigdumbbell

• Getbig V
  • Bon Voyage !
« Reply #20 on: April 19, 2006, 02:03:18 PM »
he and derek anthony get their wigs from the same vendor?

Al-Gebra

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: April 19, 2006, 02:05:57 PM »
Hey Sean,

When can we expect to see you back in your American Gladiators outfit.  Are you available for weddings/bar mitzvahs?

Sean won't be returning to dinner theater as he's working on establishing himself as a health professional--I'm sure you've seen his authoritative ("expert") comments on Gary's physical and psychological state in this thread.

Edit: Matt sorry for dicking around in your thread . . .

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
  • Disdain/repugnance....Version 3: glare variation B
« Reply #22 on: April 19, 2006, 02:08:01 PM »
Good point.

I'm always quick to jump into the self-apperance = self self worth card.

It's just what popped into my head when reading about him and seeing his beach pictures.

Also I've never met Vince Taylor nor Gary but I still fel we all have the right to be concerned and pass judgement. I'm concerned about him, if my concerns are totally wrong than so be it, my goal to help is still the same. I also have no clue about Vince Taylors return or why he returned, his situation might be be different.

You are aware this is a BODYBUILDING board, right? 

Self appearance = Self worth is kinda the status quo.

rufjunk

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #23 on: April 19, 2006, 02:09:39 PM »
One thing I think that's interesting is it's usually something inside of us that prompts us to change the outside.

I wonder what happened to Gary that prompted him to change his appearance.

Maybe he's always been the same inside and his appearance has just changed due to lack of training. But isn't that a bad thing?

If this wasn't the case, wouldn't some one be content with themselves even if their body wasn't massive?

I just feel it's a trap. Sometimes you feel bad about something and think changing your appearance will fix everything, then you look that way and accomplish your goal and nothing has changed. I always think that bodybuilding because of emotion and a desire to impress will get you nowhere. Emotions change as will your goals, if you love training you'll always come back to it and do it. Maybe that's what Gary's doing, I don't know.

That's what I really like anyway. Just training and not caring about anything else. Sometimes I go out of the way not to even look in the mirror, it's nice, but I don't want to be complacent. I get a kick just out of hauling ass, plus I'd just be pissed if I didn't look my best but even that shouldn't matter. I feel like I need to envelop myself in some other activity after I'm done training, that way my days are much shorter and it's easier to stay focused and pay my dues while enjoying weights.

Al-Gebra

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: April 19, 2006, 02:12:37 PM »
One thing I think that's interesting is it's usually something inside of us that prompts us to change the outside.

I wonder what happened to Gary that prompted him to changed his appearance.

Maybe he's always been the same inside and his appearance has just changed due to lack of training. But isn't that a bad thing?

If this wasn't the case, wouldn't some one be content with themselves even if their body wasn't massive?

I just feel it's a trap. Sometimes you feel bad about something and think changing your appearance will fix everything, then you look that way and accomplish your goal and nothing has changed. I always think that bodybuilding because of emotion and a desire to impress will get you nowhere. Emotions change as will your goals, if you love training you'll always come back to it and do it. Maybe that's what Gary's doing, I don't know.

That's what I really like anyway. Just training and not caring about anything else. Sometimes I go out of the way not to even look in the mirror, it's nice, but I don't want to be complacent. I get a kick just out of hauling ass, plus I'd just be pissed if I didn't look my best but even that shouldn't matter. I feel like I need to envelop myself in some other activity after I'm done training, that way my days are much shorter and it's easier to stay focused and pay my dues while enjoying weights.

I am waiting for Dr. Sean Freud's response with bated breath . . .