Author Topic: If U.S. goes back to work in 2 weeks why $2 trillion relief plan?  (Read 5202 times)

IroNat

• Getbig V
  • Time you enjoy wasting, was not wasted.

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Re: If U.S. goes back to work in 2 weeks why $2 trillion relief plan?
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2020, 06:34:07 AM »
It's two trillion to spend. It's not two trillion to spend immediately after it's signed. Also to give every tax payer a check for over $1000 in relief is a sick amount of money. I wish they weren't wasting this money and I hope they open America for business soon.

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2020, 06:43:08 AM »
every american is not getting money.  The vast majority of the money is going to businesses. 

Twaddle

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2020, 06:45:38 AM »
Many Americans live paycheck to paycheck.  Waiters, bartenders, etc.  Those workers cannot survive a 1 month halt of income.  Therefore, they now, cannot pay their rent for March or April.  So, it gets passed to the landlord, who passes the buck to the lender.  

The best, but shitty solution, is to print a bunch of cash and devalue the US dollar.  Ultimately, people will survive, but in a years time, the cost of goods will be 25% to 50% more than they are now.  If a new Ford F150 costs 40K now, it will be 50K in a couple years.  

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2020, 06:53:39 AM »
every american is not getting money.  The vast majority of the money is going to businesses. 

Yes, people who don't work are getting nothing.

CT_Muscle

• Getbig IV
« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2020, 07:07:44 AM »
False, in fact some people who were previously working will get more now on unemployment

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2020, 07:09:07 AM »
The stimulus should subsidize the people and businesses affected until this passes.

Like when an unemployed person moves home between jobs.

All the other shit is......shit.
Y

pamith

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2020, 07:10:30 AM »
The more money they give us, the better, no?

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #8 on: March 26, 2020, 07:13:34 AM »
The more money they give us, the better, no?

No, they are using money they don't have. The government has no money. Only the money they take from the workers and print with no backing but their word to the world.

joswift

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Brian had a probation officer but wasnt a criminal
« Reply #9 on: March 26, 2020, 07:14:16 AM »
No, they are using money they don't have. The government has no money. Only the money they take from the workers and print with no backing but their word to the world.

yep, all money comes from taxation..

SOMEPARTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: March 26, 2020, 07:50:44 AM »
Every 10 years or so we have to pay a tribute to our banker and wall street masters. This time we get a flash crash instead of a 3-4 year recession.

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #11 on: March 26, 2020, 08:24:16 AM »
I'M GETTING NOTHING,MY EX HAS THE 3 KIDS SHE WILL ,EVEN THO SHE IS A NURSE AND MAKES GOOD MONEY. I THINK WILL BENEFIT...

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #12 on: March 26, 2020, 08:48:20 AM »
I just saw Pelosi being interviewed on Bloomberg. I’ve never seen her so happy. She gets to spend 2 trillion.

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #13 on: March 26, 2020, 08:50:50 AM »
Many Americans live paycheck to paycheck.  Waiters, bartenders, etc.  Those workers cannot survive a 1 month halt of income.  Therefore, they now, cannot pay their rent for March or April.  So, it gets passed to the landlord, who passes the buck to the lender.  

The best, but shitty solution, is to print a bunch of cash and devalue the US dollar.  Ultimately, people will survive, but in a years time, the cost of goods will be 25% to 50% more than they are now.  If a new Ford F150 costs 40K now, it will be 50K in a couple years.  

Twaddle, can I have your check?
X

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #14 on: March 26, 2020, 08:51:51 AM »
I'M GETTING NOTHING,MY EX HAS THE 3 KIDS SHE WILL ,EVEN THO SHE IS A NURSE AND MAKES GOOD MONEY I THINK.

Sorry to hear that bro, stay strong

ProudVirgin69

• Getbig V
  • hardcore redneck electric champion
« Reply #15 on: March 26, 2020, 08:54:17 AM »
A stimulus check is a great idea, classic demand-side economics.  Remember, there's no use in providing assistance to business if nobody has any money to spend

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #16 on: March 26, 2020, 08:55:02 AM »
The majorly of the money is to small and large businesses in the way of loans and grants.

$510bil to large businesses
$377bil to small businesses

The unemployment benefits is complete bullshit

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #17 on: March 26, 2020, 08:55:15 AM »
Sorry to hear that bro, stay strong
I'M fine i do ok,,i don't need it tbh,if i get something i won't send it back tho :D..i got back tax money already too.i got 2 kids out of 3 this year to claim it helped me.i made more money 19 over 18 and still tracking same as 19 even with this mess...apr will suck tho...

tommywishbone

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Biscuit
« Reply #18 on: March 26, 2020, 08:59:45 AM »
Anyone really expecting the government to put real money in their pocket is a fool. Open your eyes stupid people. The government and US politicians have only ever taken your money.
a

Abelard Lindsey

• Getbig II
« Reply #19 on: March 26, 2020, 08:38:51 PM »
My work (manufacturing and automation) has not shutdown. Indeed, I'm pulling 10-12 hour days this week to get automated machinery done and out the door. I have another system I have to do during the month of April, then a complete automation upgrade in a fish processing plant in Dutch Harbor. I have to travel as well, assuming the airlines don't completely shutdown. None of our guys has gotten the virus. Hopefully that remains the case.

Realistically, many of the "stay at home" policies will stay in place for 6-8 weeks in order to slow or kill off the virus. The service economy is not coming back in time for Easter.

Not having access to the gym just sucks real hard. I dependent on my work outs as much for my psychological health as my physiological well-being. I have to come up with some kind of home gym setup.

I think things will be near normal by summer. Its possible that this will come back with a vengeance in late fall. We really do not want to live in a John Ringo novel.

Bevo

• Getbig V
  • Middle Urinal
« Reply #20 on: March 26, 2020, 09:06:11 PM »

You forgot bbers, we need money for gear, and tubs of protein

Methyl m1ke

• Getbig IV
« Reply #21 on: March 26, 2020, 09:38:57 PM »
You forgot bbers, we need money for gear, and tubs of protein

Food brah its all about the food

Theoak*

• Getbig IV
« Reply #22 on: March 26, 2020, 11:17:18 PM »
By the time the dust settles, the financial damage will be beyond measure.  I really doubt these politicians even grasp what this does to any recovery, thinking there will be a quick snap back recovery is delusional…nothing like this has ever happened, man made, and they think getting funding now to businesses is going to solve the problem they have created….permanent damage has been done not only to our economy but the world since we buy so much from them, travel and spend money there and circulate freely.

I think an economic collapse happening in real time is unprecedented and will surpass that of the 1929 crash.  The stimulus will be printed like mad to try to reinflate the Western bubble, but it’s too late as the damage is done and the virus will come back again after the “back to work” lifting of quarantines.

Marvin Martian

• Getbig IV
« Reply #23 on: March 27, 2020, 12:05:33 AM »
yep, all money comes from taxation..

Not this money. This money is completely “made up”. They are just printing more and dumping into the system

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: March 27, 2020, 12:10:35 AM »
I'll be surprised if the U.S. goes back to work in 2 weeks. An economic recovery is going to take awhile.